View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Exemplar: Engage

Post by Ink on 11th June 2013, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Closed]

Armada, Attack!
Warriors, Rise!
Exemplar...Engage!

I've forgotten how long it's been since my dad passed away. It feels like it's been years. God knows my sense of time is terrible. The Exemplar disbanded not a month later. That was one heck of a decision. Then again, most of them have gone and settled into normal lives. When daddy died, I guess it scared a lot of them. The chance to have a normal life isn't something to take for granted, I suppose. I still see some of them every once in a while but...I miss it. I miss going out and smashing bad guys' skulls together. Ah, come on, Polly, how would Liberty or American respond if you'd said that out loud? "It's not about that. It's about helping people and doing the right thing." They're right but...god beating up bad guys was fun.

The Exemplar, the debatable greatest superheroes on the planet, disbanded some time ago. This woman, the jovial young Paulina Powers, walks in through the front door of her large suburban home, feeling strangely empty. It was a feeling she'd hand since the day her father perished, helping to defend Earth's Greatest Champions against their deadliest foes joined under the title of "The Nefaria". She lived alone now but that wasn't it. She'd lived alone before. Now was simply the first time she actually felt...lonely.

Then, as if a star listening from the sky had heard her wish, something truly unexpected occurs. As Paulina sits at her reading desk, she sees a light approaching the window. Using her psionic powers, she wills a barrier of psychic energy into place. It helps nothing. The figure is the mighty demigod, Gladius, powerful enough to level the entire building ten times over. As he crashes through the window and the floor, Polly looks to him as he lies in the basement of her home. Forming butterfly-like wings upon her back, she floats down to him. "Gladius! What are you-"

"Mortal friend, Powers," Gladius says as she helps him up. "This world is in dire need of its greatest champions."

"So you came to ME, of all people? Not American or Liberty, or-"

"You were the nearest and know, by heart, the whereabouts of the quarters where the rest lay their heads."

Super Criminals and Villains were at large by the dozen in the bustling city of Skyline as of late. Meanwhile, more and more heroes were beginning to decline. The Exemplar, the shining examples of heroism in this city, had gone. The next best thing, the Warriors, had only just disappeared. The city was falling into chaos. But Polly hadn't the faintest idea of how bad it was until she saw this, the Exemplar's biggest gun, second only to the nigh omnipotent Number 7, battered and thrown aside. "What did this to you?"

"I am unsure. But if I were to venture a guess, they will have been the cretinous demi-devils known as the Negative. There were but three of them. They attacked, having taken me unawares. Fight, I did, but their power was great individually. When combining their efforts..."

The Negative...the Warriors tended to take care of situations involving them. They had the only usable weapon against them in the city; Scarecrow. The Negative were a high level threat. They would need to be dealt with in high level response. They'd need the Exemplar treatment. "Come on," Polly says, deciding to help the injured demigod outside. "Try not to change back into your mortal form. I have a feeling this one is the only thing keeping you alive right now. I'm getting you to some place where you can get medical attention. Then...then I'm getting the band back together," she says as she moves him toward the garage where her car sat.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Silk the Child of Arachne
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Exemplar: Engage

Post by Ink on 3rd August 2013, 10:16 am

[Attn: Open]

A few police officers had shown up along with the emergency crews to the warehouse situation.  Among the officers on hand were officers Devlin Bates and Bethany Washington.  As the two arrive and step out of the car, they begin running crowd control.  "Hey, Washington, how about you work those magic powers of persuasion you have to push these clowns back?"

Bethany had gotten onto the force somehow that wasn't traditional and no one could peg what it was.  There was no way she'd slept with anyone to get her job. Too proud. And no one would accept any bribes from her in Skyline.  Skyline cops were rough around the edges but they had a sense of honor unlike some places.

As Bethany urged people back, the crowds do begin to somewhere recede.  "I hope that will do for you," she says.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9th August 2013, 12:24 am

(ATTN: Warehouse)
 Alex snatched two more boys and began pushing them out as the fire spread. The rest of them were frantic, pushing each other over to get to the exits. He couldn't help but roll his eyes, despite the potentially deadly situation, as he pulled the fallen off the floor, searching the warehouse for any stragglers.
"Become a superhero, they said." Alex grumbled to himself. "It'll be fun, they said. You'll live a glorious, glamorous life that doesn't involve rescuing troubled teens from burning buildings, they lied."

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 14th August 2013, 1:51 pm

[ATTN: Fire]

As the fire grew, Gosalyn landed on the roof of the building, kneeling down and simply punching a hole in the roof. You had to love super suits. She dropped in, activating her thrusters as she looked through the warehouse. Someone was behind her helping the rest of the kids out, but she needed to see if anyone else needed it.

"Hey! Guys? Don't leave me here!"

The kid sounded panicked, and Sentinel blasted forward, seeing the voice was coming from a pile of wood on the floor. Maybe a small explosion that buried the kid in debris?

She didn't speak, stopping on the floor and tearing the debris off. The kid was wide-eyed and breathing hard, blood running from his leg to the floor and his shirt looking more than a little singed. She scooped him up, glancing around her at the fire - why on earth is my suit so uncomfortable today? - and turned to fly towards the door.

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18th August 2013, 1:24 pm

(ATTN: Warehouse)
Alex recoiled as a hole was punched into the ceiling, he looked up as he shoved a couple of stragglers through the door. It was someone in a...robot suit? Whoever they were, they helped a kid out from under some debris, and were shooting for the exit. There didn't seem to be anyone else inside, so he focused on the shaken and confused kids that were loitering around outside.
"Is everyone out?" He asked them, but received no reply. He sighed, he couldn't blame them. They were currently staring at the warehouse as it went up in smoke.
'Where the h*ll is the fire department? Or the police? Someone must have called by now...'

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd August 2013, 2:56 pm

Coír sat on the rooftop of the foster home with Elise, eating a hamburger and fries. And cherry pie. Best place in town according to Elise, and he was inclined to agree. Told him an oddball guy that had tried to hit on her told her about the place.

"Thanks for all the uh...help," she said around a mouthful of burger. "I actually got a little bit more than I would've gotten done on my own."

Coír grinned. "Backhanded compliment, much?" She slugged him on the arm and he chuckled.

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22nd August 2013, 9:13 pm

(ATTN: OPEN)
Sentinel burst out the door, nearly running into a group of people standing outside. She pulled up quickly, hearing sirens and seeing the fire department already starting to arrive. "This is it," she said, landing and kneeling to set the boy down.

Alex wheeled around, looking at the person in the....mechanical suit? He knew this town had supers, but he'd never seen one.The sirens barely registering to his ears. The kids had mostly dispersed, getting over their initial shock.

She reconsidered, hefting the boy back in her arms. He'd need an ambulance. Right now he was passed out. She raised an eyebrow at the other guy in a mask, though he couldnt see it, and turned on her voice modifier.

"You are?"

He recoiled slightly at the voice. Straightening himself.
"Scorpion. Who would you be?"
'Hopefully on my side considering you just tore through the ceiling like it was cardboard..'

"Sentinel," she said. She figured with the news her name would be everywhere now, but... she didn't mind. "You got the others out?"

Alex nodded. "Yepp. I have no idea how it started, though. Misplaced cigarette, vandalism, not that it matters now." His eyes wandered over to the burning building. "I take it you're another resident super?"

She nodded, reaching one hand up and tapping the side of her helmet thoughtfully. "I'm sure once the fire department deals with the fire someone can better find out. But it looked like something else started another fire inside the building first."

She nodded, thinking for a moment as the police and fire department took control. "And someone shot this kid," she said, glancing down at the boy in her arms. "Imagine they can tell us how that happened. One second."

She rose up, looking around for an ambulance to take the kid to the hospital, then returned, hovering near him. "Talk somewhere else?"

Alex nodded, noticing the mild chaos ensuing around them. Shot...? Well, knowing they were, sort of, a gang, it didn't surprise him too much. "Good idea. Lead the way."

She looked at him, wondering... "Can you fly?"

Alex shook his head. "Unfortunately, I can not. I do, however, have this," He lifted up the arm with the clawshot attached. "So I can follow you without a problem.:

She nodded and took off, resisting the urge to pry off her suit and itch herself, landing on a roof a few blocks over. ...itching powder?

Alex swung after her, latching onto one building and swinging to the other before landing on the roof after her.
"So are their more like you? Or I should say us, but that's a weird word to reference someone you just met five minutes ago in a burning building."

"Yes, of course," she said. "I'm sure you've seen some of us around. And maybe you've seen news on the Exemplar lately...?"

"Exemplar..." Why did that sound farmiliar..? "Yes, I suppose. I find it hard to believe a superhero team exists in a city like this. Aren't the cities usually inhabited by groups like that meant to be shiny utopia's that have the occasional alien invasion? "

"We kinda did just have an alien invasion"

"Highlight the 'occasional' and 'utopia' parts. It's a general shitstorm, here."

"Yes, well, it wasn't for a long while. But it seems the old Exemplar fell apart, and the city with it. Its why the Exemplar is recruiting."

"Yeah but aren't all of the good superheroes sorta...vamoose? Well, most, at least. A handful of good supers isn't gonna fix this city. "

She shrugged, her visor hiding all expression. "We stopped all of you from turning into Negative. I'll say that's a fair start."

"Stopping a minor catastrophe doesn't mean you can fix a dystopia." He crossed his arms. "Don't get me wrong, you'd all- we'd all- make a great superhero team in a normal city. But this place is a stonesthrow away from hell." He sighed, he was getting nowhere by being a cynic. "How many people do you even have, at this point?"

"Minor? You'd probably be dead." She struggled to hide her irritation. "This is my home. You haven't seen dystopia if you think this is it. And I don't care what I have to do to make it home again."

She took a moment to breathe, lost in thought. "What do you expect to do alone?"

She turned away. "But I just wanted to offer. I have things to do." And a suit to clean...

He sighed. "Wait." It wasn't like he didn't support the idea..."I get what you're saying. And I like the idea. It's just..." I just found my last superhero team on deaths doorstep in my friends apartment. "..I'm skeptical." He sighed.

"I'm not gonna try to convince you of anything. Your decision and all. Sit on it until you know."

Alex grimaced. "Okay, then. How will I contact you? Cell phone, email- Or should I just set my apartment on fire and hope for the best?"

She rolled her eyes inside the helmet. "If you can't find me or any of the rest of us out..."

She thought a moment. "I can get you a communicator if you'll stay here a sec."

Alex shrugged. "Sure."

She was happy her warehouse was so close, but she dropped out of sight and flew through alleys to find it. Nothing wrong with being paranoid.

She returned quickly and dropped a communicator in his hand. "Tuned to my channel if you ever need me," she said. She failed to mention that she'd be able to contact him in turn as well if needed.

Alex looked at the communicator. "Thanks. Have fun superhero-ing, and all that. Be seeing you." He aimed his clawshot at a nearby building, taking off towards the hospital.

She sighed, wondering if this really was a good idea. Its done now. So now she had a suit to deep-clean.

Last edited by FairyXxGothXxMother on 23rd August 2013, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 22nd August 2013, 11:24 pm

[Attn: Team]

As Lenora walks around, touring the lab facilities, she hears a noise and suddenly turns around before screaming. Before her stood the hunches man with black fur and bright yellow eyes, plugging his ears. "My dear girl, you have quite the lung capacity, do you know that?"

Lenora holds her hands over her mouth and nervously laughs. "Oh...oh crap. You're Man-Monster. Sorry about that. You just...I mean I-"

"Think nothing of it, Miss. I am quite used to that reaction and understand it. Besides, it was terribly rude of me to sneak up on you the way I did. If I may, you are Lenora Woods? I've read your paper on Nanotechnology and it's merits as well as shortcomings. Very impressive work."

"Th-thanks," Lenora responds. "Oh, I guess you want to know why I'm here. I'm familiarizing myself with the lab stations around here. Polly asked me a favor so..."

"Say no more. Any friend of Polly's is welcome here, of course. You may call me James. The American has taken to calling me Jimmy. I don't mind it."

Lenora stares for a moment before her thoughts catch up with her heart rate. "That's your real name? What about the whole 'secret identity' thing?"

"Ms. Woods, I am covered in black fur. What secret identity?"

"...Good point. Okay then. Lenora," she says, shaking his offered hand.

"Charmed. Now then, Lenora, I must excuse myself from here. There are things I must attend to." With that, Man-Monster leaps off.

Nearly an hour later, Polly finds herself sitting in the main hub, activating the Ex-Coms to contact the others. "Everyone, it's Polly. Please come to the Conference Room as soon as you can. I have some team news to go over," she says before hanging up.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd August 2013, 7:45 pm

He was flying loops through the air. Life was great, right now. Amazing, in fact. How had he not noticed this before?

Allo the colors of the world seemed so vibrant and alive. A sonic boom created as he shot off full speed through the air, giggling like an idiot.

He slowed down as he heard his comm going off. He beelined for the base, swooping in.

"Hi everybody!" he said cheerfully, his happiness obvious even through the voice distortion.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 23rd August 2013, 8:30 pm

[ATTN: Team]

Gos had already showered and was busy cleaning her suit when she heard the comm in her helmet going off. She pit her helmet on to answer. "I'll be a little late," she said. She'd almost hoped it was that Scorpion kid.

She sighed and finished cleaning her suit before she took off. She arrived last, walking into the conference room without a word. Coir was ecstatic about something or other. She crossed her hands behind her back and stood silently.

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 23rd August 2013, 8:57 pm

"Hi, guys," Polly says as the last of the team falls in. "A little minor news and a bit of a situation. Both pertaining to North Labs. The first thing is the good news, since I'm feeling optimistic. Now, she isn't an official part of the team or anything, but I want to introduce you to my friend, here, Lenora."

"Nice to meetcha," Lenora says with a wave to all of the colorfully dressed figures around her.

"She's going to be out tech adviser. She's a officially a part of the North Labs Senior Think Tank. This little guy to our side is her pride and joy, Adaptroid."

"Greetings, Exemplar. My current directive is to assist you in whatever way requested."

"In short, he's like a fancy butler around the tower," Polly says.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 23rd August 2013, 10:01 pm

Her eyes lit up inside her helmet as she saw Adaptroid, and she fidgeted. Oh how she wanted to see how he worked...

But she stayed still, waiting for the rest of the news.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 23rd August 2013, 11:03 pm

"Then, of course, there's the not so great news," Polly says as she brings up the screen. "This doesn't require our immediate attention, but I want us to all stay on the alert. American? Lenora?"

American nods and stands. "Earlier today, a girl went missing. Normally this isn't our department. All the super sleuths tend to work alone. But this quickly turned into something big. Her name is Karen Burns. She's about 15 years old. She was last seen on her way to a babysitting job for this man."

Lenora turns to Adaptroid who projects an image of the man and his information. "Dr. Jared Blaine is a genius North Labs scientist who was researching Ethereal Energy. He just went missing as well. His children disappeared with Karen. He was a mentor of mine."

"As the situation stands, there are two possible options. Either he kidnapped Karen for some reason," American says.

"Or someone else kidnapped Karen and the kids to get to him," Polly finishes. "Ethereal Energy is one mean mother. It's the source of Omniman's power, or so he tells the world. If Blaine really could tap into that kind of energy and someone intends to weaponize it..."

"There are a few investigations taking place; one at North Labs and one at Blaine's place downtown," American continues. "We need to find Blaine. If he really is the victim, here, then no good can come of it. So just keep an eye out for anything suspicious."

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th August 2013, 11:51 am

Coír nodded in affirmation to the news. He was too distracted to be as ecstatic at the news of a robot assistant--though he had enough presence of mind to see Sentinel fidgeting over there. Several times he had found himself humming and had had to stop.

"Yes, sir," Coír said.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 24th August 2013, 12:29 pm

Sentinel nodded. "Understood," she said, and considered mentioning Scorpion. Nah. If he decided he was interested, then she could bring him along and let the rest of the team decide if they wanted him. Otherwise it was a waste of time.

She looked over at Coir, seeing him practically bouncing. She'd never seen him this cheerful, not around her at least, and she drew inward as she waited for them to be dismissed. Suddenly she wasn't as interested in Adaptroid anymore.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 24th August 2013, 3:02 pm

"Okay," Polly says. "Then I guess you're dismissed."

Wild-Child gets up and walks over to Lenora and her little robot helper. "Ooh, tre cool," she says as she looks over the kid-sized automaton. "Any chance you could hel me fix my Snap Lash? It's kinda my main method of getting around."

"I'm sure I can manage that," Lenora says as she glances at the clawed whip wrapped around the girl's waist.

Silk quietly gets up and prepares to leave.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th August 2013, 10:22 pm

[Attn: Gos, Open]

Coír was by Gosalyn's side in a split second. "Hey, bestie!" he said cheerfully, starting to give her a hug, but then realizing how awkward hugging that hunk of machinery she was in. A sudden thought occurred to him and he grinned.

"So...feeling itchy?" he said, bouncing.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 25th August 2013, 10:36 pm

[ATTN: Coir]

She had turned and was almost out the door when he bounced up to her, almost giving her a hug. She froze, confused. "I already cleaned it," she said haltingly to his question. He... what on earth?

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 25th August 2013, 10:41 pm

[Attn: Sentinel]

Coír made a face. "Aw! You're no fun!" he said with a laugh. "I was hoping for a little more indignation! But maybe you'll take me a little more seriously next time!"

Before she could say another word, he'd grabbed her by the wrist and went sailing out the door. "C'mon!" he said happily, so much so that he was practically twins. "We're going to the arcade...and maybe one of those brainy places you like so much. No work today!"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 25th August 2013, 10:49 pm

"Whoa!"

She went flying after him, still confused. "But - I had things I was going to do?" she said, looking him over. "What happened to you?"

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 25th August 2013, 10:52 pm

[Attn: Sentinel]

"Nothing!" he said cheerfully. "It's just a really great day today! And no! We always work in that confounded warehouse! Let's have some fuuuuuuuuuun!"

He shot off at sonic speed, a tune in his heart and head.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 25th August 2013, 10:56 pm

It was a horrible day only hours ago! Yup. Clearly there was someone else out there way better at this friend thing than she was.

She followed after him, significantly less excited than him.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 26th August 2013, 12:02 am

Silk leaps to the side as the pair rocket through the door, nearly plowing her over like a bulldozer. Wild-Child helps her up as she watches them disappear into the stairwell. "Why is HE so happy?"

"Ten bucks says he got a girlfriend," Wild-Child remarks.

Elsewhere, a familiar police officer approaches his captain at his desk and drops a folder in front of him. "Read it and weep," he says. "Need any more proof that this incident with Professor Blaine is part of something bigger?"

"Bates, all this says, is what we already know, that the recent prison fiasco enabled a few super criminals to escape while focus was on the Negative. What does this have to do with Blaine?"

"Wh- Are you serious? You're kidding, right? Blaine's former partner became Frightfest for revenge against Blaine after he turned incriminating evidence of his illegal fear-based experiments over to their superiors and the police. And later, Frightfest became a member of the Syndicate. Look at all the crooks that broke out of prison! Scarlet Streak, U.F.O, Rubber, Major Ruin, Frightfest. They're all members of the Syndicate. The only three they're missing are either dead or disappeared."

The Captain glances up at Devlin from the file with skepticism. "I'll give you half credit. The Syndicate formed up to stomp out the Exemplar. Since my training includes assuming there's no such thing as a coincidence, I'll consider your warrant and get back to you once I've reviewed everything. But, for now, go home and get some rest. All right?"

Bates stands at the Captain's desk for only a moment before turning and leaving with his hands in his pockets. His partner stands in the station, deflecting an officer hitting on her when she sees him pass by in a huff. She walks away from the oaf as he speaks, approaching Devlin as he leaves. "Let me guess...he finally admitted you were right...but he's probably going to assign someone else."

"Gee, it's like ya read my mind," Devlin says, almost spitefully as he throws on his coat.

Beth pauses for a moment and stares blankly. "...Yeah, Something like that," she says. "And now you're pouting because you deserve that assignment. It could be your one shot at getting beyond crowd control and traffic detail."

"Seriously, stop that. You're too good at it."

"Oh, well, it's just woman's intuition...that and anyone can read you like a book. You're far from subtle."

"Did anyone ever tell you how great you are at giving pep talks? Because if they did, I wanna see how much their nose grew." As he turns to leave her there, she looks up as if counting down in her head and seconds later, he turns back to her. "I mean, how many investigations have I give. Him some choice Intel for?"

"Oh, too many to count," Bethany responds, now simply humoring the man.

Bates turns and Bethany follows, knowing well that he'd expect such. "The least he could do is show a little gratitude. I don't even need the promotion."

"Not at all," Bethany responds. Ego Soothing is so much easier than trying to actually reason with you. You are so...difficult. But I can't help feeling responsible for you. You would be so very lost without me, I swear.

"I'm tired of the empty promises and uncommitted 'maybes'. All I ask is a little recognition. That can't be too much to ask of the frickin' Captain, can it?"

"Psh. Of course not. He's just jealous of your killer work ethic."

Bates pauses and looks back at Ms. Washington. "You're...you're just making fun of me, aren't you?"

"You make it so easy. I couldn't resist," Bethany says.

"Okay. Here's the plan, then. I'll go and get the proof of the connection, myself."

Pretend not to know, for dramatic effect..."And how do you plan on...oh, Devlin, please don't."

"I'll see ya later, Beth," the man says as he gets into a cab and takes off.

"And now I'll have to pull him well out of the fire and probably save his job...again," Bethany says to herself before walking off.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27th August 2013, 7:47 pm

(ATTN: Open)
Alex groaned, lying dumbly in his bed, staring at the ceiling. His boss had given him a few days off work on account of the 'tragedy'- he had always been the one for melodramatics. He was fine, dammit. He'd lived through worse.

His mind wandered back to yesterday, after he'd told Finnick about the offer.
-

"Are you nuts- are you mental- are you a F*CKING IDIOT!?" Finnick, despite his injured state, had pulled him down, nose to nose.

"What? I told her I'd think about it." Alex sighed, prying his friends fingers off the collar of his shirt.

" YES but 'I'll think about it', is a polite way of saying 'no'- you don't just say no to the f*cking justice league, Al."

"Dude, what if I don't want to? Superheroing is your secret pleasure- not mine."

"Yes but you enjoy helping people, too. Just as much as I do, admit it." Finnick scoffed.

"Yeah, but the masked hero gimmick really doesn't appeal. I like being a hero. Just not a superhero." He shrugged.

Finnick's jaw slackened, staring at Alex with a slight glare. "...You are the stupidest smart person I have ever met."
-

Alex rubbed his fingers against his forehead, putting the earpiece into place.

"What could possibly go wrong..." He muttered, adjusting it. Tuning in to that...persons...signal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 28th August 2013, 7:34 pm

[ATTN: Alex]

After that day, Gosalyn returned to her warehouse, more confused than ever. The next day found her at work at her workbench, playing with parts and lost in thought with her tiny tv on in the background. Someone about another fire somewhere in the city. Police had come back and said the warehouse fire had been intentionally set. Arsonist in town?

She almost didn't notice her helmet communicator going off. Someone was trying to hail her. She picked up the helmet, putting it on and switching on her voice modifier before she tuned it to the channel she recognized was Scorpions.

"So you actually thought about it," she said.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 29th August 2013, 9:18 pm

[ATTN: Alex/Gos]

Alex was mildly surprised hearing the voice on the other side of the communicator.

"Well, a figure in an armored suit made me an offer to join a superhero team- I can't exactly ignore it. But yes, I have thought about it."

"I can't tell the others you've 'thought about it' and might maybe be interested, so just give me an answer"

"I said I thought about it- never said I finally came to a decision." He sat up. "I do have a couple of questions before I give my final answer, if you don't mind."

"Then go."

"First, how many people do you have already and second, are there any...hidden fees to this. Anything I should know about before I say yes."

She rolled her eyes beneath her helmet. "You never watch the news, do you. I believe right now there are... seven of us? I might be missing someone. And I don't recall any hidden fees or soul contracts or anything."

"Just being safe, can't blame me for that. And I do, but I don't really pay attention to the superhero part of it- F-...my friend usually does that." He was silent for a moment, envisioning Finnick shoving a foot up his ass for not jumping on this idea. "But yes, I accept to the whole...'superhero team' idea."

"Alright," she said. "But I can't guarantee you're in. I'm not exactly the head of anything. I doubt they'd turn down an extra hand, but still, I gotta bring you to the rest so they all can decide. Team effort and all."

"Understandable." Alex replied. "So, do you bring me in for show and tell or do I wait for an answer?"

"Good question," she said. "I'll talk to them and contact you after."

"Fun, fun, fun." He rolled his eyes, hopefully there wouldn't be much of a fuss. "Feel free to get in touch whenever. Not like I'll be doing much for the next few days.." He muttered the last part.

He got no answer. Apparently she'd already decided the conversation was over

Alex rolled his eyes, laying back in bed. That was at least one superhero with a pole up their ass.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum