Elfen Hinterland

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elfen Hinterland

Post by JerriLeah7 on 21st July 2013, 12:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Key Points to the Hinterland:

--Dead Wilderness/Desert Biome
The majority of this country is a dry, desert biome, water is hard to find, as are the majority of food supplies.  As such, the Citadel is the easiest place to live without becoming completely poor and deprived of all luxuries.

--Some pollution from ICM
The majority of this country is suffering largely from pollution from the ICM in the lower areas.  The more south you go, the darker the air becomes and the harder it gets to breathe.  Living in the south without the proper equipment can and will lead to death.

Last edited by Stryker on 18th October 2013, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Mama Bear

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Elfen Hinterland

Post by MethosArchaic on 10th September 2013, 5:27 pm

[Attn: Zoey, Assorted NPC's, Open]
[POV: Ivan - Minor NPC]

Ivan waited looking at John when Zoey finished speaking and the Chief had holstered his gun again. There still was a bit of a tick at the corner of his partner's mouth but nothing that showed he was gonna hall off and do something rash.

"They can check it on their own time. We have work." John grumbled again staring at Ivan, "I'm going to the truck."

"We'll need just a couple minutes, surely we have that to spare?" Ivan asked his partner, who gave him another of those contemptuous stares.

"We would have. Earlier." Somehow giving the implication that she should have been here when they arrived. Then as if the man had swallowed something unsavory he added another sentence. "When we come back, you have till then." That wasn't terribly long but it was about a month, month and a half from now.

"Well, there you go. Just give Head Quarter's a call and work it out with them." Ivan said pointing to the folder. "Number should be on the ticket's. As should be our license numbers. Sorry to cause you so much trouble, guy's got power problems. Try and forgive the guy, makes his ego get all massive."

Member Claims: Gateway Bot, MethosArchaic, Pachirisu71
OC Claims: Kydoimos from The Umbrella Colony
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Goetia on 10th September 2013, 6:47 pm

"Very well." Was all Zoey could muster as her eyes gestured to the door. She was within feet of clocking John over the head for his impatience. Ivan's attempts to make John reconsider was appreciated though. Before the inspectors left, Zoey thanked Ivan. She wanted to believe that the two really were certified inspectors. At least she hoped Ivan was. Still, looking into the serious infractions were in order, as well as checking with Head Quarters.

As the two inspectors left, Zoey would walk them to the exit door. Afterwards, she leaned against the door and let out a heavy sigh. All of the exhaustion and stress instantly weighed down on her like a boulder. It took most of her resolve to pull herself up and get to inspecting these infractions for herself.

"Thats now hoy woyu blow up a internet
This is how you blow up a internte"

-Goeta 2018

Avatar, Userbar/user rank made courtesy of Leah7! You're the best!
---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Member Claims: Luna
Co-Claims: Leah 7
Anime/Video game Claims: Amaterasu from Feudal Era. Vash the Stampede from Trigun. Million Knives from Trigun. Itachi Uchiha from Naruto Shippuden. Rozalin from Disgaea 2. Prometheus from Megaman ZX Advent. Emory Amden from Force User Role Play. Madame Red from Kuroshitsuji. Blues (Proto Man) from Mega Man series Excalibur from Soul Eater.

Goetia

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by Goetia on 17th September 2013, 9:10 pm

Zoey was sipping on a hot mug of coffee as she watched her laborers from the catwalk at the top of the refinery room. The poor souls looked like machines as they executed the same actions over and over. The sight mesmerized Zoey, yet it saddened her at the same time. If it weren't for Katrine, I'd end up like one of those people...or worse...very much worse... The refinery owner chuckled a bit at the thought of her being a whore. She'd sooner punch a client unconscious rather than let him anywhere near her legs.

After Zoey finished her coffee, she made her way off the catwalk and to the control room where everything going on in the refinery room was recorded and displayed on several monitors all spread out over a table that ran the length of the wall. One employee who was watching the pressure levels looked up to the surprising sight Zoey. The employee quickly turned back to his work, wondering what his boss was doing at these hours.

Zoey nodded to the timid worker and sat down at the monitor that gave information on the effluents. Turned out the rude inspector was in fact correct. "Well shit..." She muttered as her scowl turned to a grimace. She would have to call her own boss and inform him about the inspection, and the debt that would have to be payed. The worker merely continued monitoring the screens, his body stiff as ever. Zoey, feeling her confidence bleed out of her, sat back in the chair, wondering if she could get any sleep tonight. Calling the uplink will have to wait until morning.

-Goeta 2018

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Anime/Video game Claims: Amaterasu from Feudal Era. Vash the Stampede from Trigun. Million Knives from Trigun. Itachi Uchiha from Naruto Shippuden. Rozalin from Disgaea 2. Prometheus from Megaman ZX Advent. Emory Amden from Force User Role Play. Madame Red from Kuroshitsuji. Blues (Proto Man) from Mega Man series Excalibur from Soul Eater.

Goetia

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 19th October 2013, 10:32 am

[Attn: Katrine Markovich - Vye-Avis]

Late in the night you recall having heard a phone interurrupt the night. You managed to go back to sleep, at least for a time. Eventually you woke up to use the bathroom. On your way you passed your sister's room and taking a quick peek in noticed she was gone.

Figuring that it was work related you stayed up for a bit expecting a phone call if it was an emergency. However the call never came, it's been a few hours. And that's when you hear it, the jingle of keys in the door lock. Zoey is home.

MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Goetia on 19th October 2013, 3:33 pm

Katrine stared at the ceiling as she lay on her bed, her hands clasped over her somewhat empty belly. She couldn't recall just how long Zoey has been gone, nor could she remember when the phone rang. The clock on her wall informed her that it was almost morning. Sleep beckoned at Kat multiple times, but she fought to stay awake as long as she could. As she wondered where her sister could be, she remembered that Zoey would be sending money and supplies to their parents.

Katrine pondered over whether Zoey was caught in a bind on her way to or from their parents' home. Nah...Couldn't be... Katrine sleepily thought. However, the more Katrine thought about it, the more concerned she became. If Zoey had to leave this late at night, she would leave a note or something...And I haven't found a single note anywhere...Shit.

Katrine hurriedly dressed herself, planning on heading to the refinery first. If Zoey was alright, she would most likely be in the refinery, probably sleeping. Just before Kat put on her shoes, she heard the door unlocking. She ran down the stairs, facing the door with a tense apprehension. Kat quickly hid next to the door, waiting to pounce on her sister for worrying her so much.  

-Goeta 2018

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Goetia

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 2nd November 2013, 5:56 pm

[Attn: Zoey, Katrine, Open]
[Time: 4:03 PM, Saturday - The Elven Hinterland]

Katrine having just come back from collecting the mail will find a curious piece of mail, in a plain faded yellow envelope, with a coffee stain in the corner. It has no postage, but the company name in written across it carefully in what appears to almost an artistic sort of calligraphy.

Inside is a folded piece of stationary paper, obviously hand written and not one of those telegraphs. The ink shimmers a faint blue color, and will glow if the room is dim or dark.

Leave, Evacuate.

I only give you this single warning. To clear any confusion, I am not holding you hostage individually, However I am most assuredly holding those in power accountable. I'm under no such compulsion to explain, or illuminate the catastrophe that will befall within the next twenty four hours.

We humans are the monsters of this world, and sometimes those of us that aren't, will sacrifice our humanity. We will throw aside morals, sacrifice others, and forever tarnish ourselves to commit to a necessary evil.

Before I force myself to this, I in all good conscience give you this warning. Take only what you must to make the border, save yourselves. With this my conscious is becalmed, myself no longer accountable for your life.

Your life and those of your loved ones are now in your hands.

Best of Luck

That is what the first piece of paper reads, behind it is another sheet. This letter is less precise and artistic, but the hand that wrote it is similar if perhaps a tad rushed.

Zoey,
Katrine.

I am glad to find such hard working and responsible people in this day and age. Regrettably I am asking you to do something incredibly difficult and abandon your way of life.

Before I take to account the Hinterland for abetting and assisting in the aid of terrorists and agitators I advise you to heed my advice in the previous letter.

I've thought long and hard about what might happen to good folk like you, and I believe that those in charge of the aftermath will most likely declare martial law and attempt to establish order. If my hunch is correct, they will come for you. Flee to the closest border, and abandon the interior that is  the last of the advise I can give you.

Sorry and may Aria shelter you.

MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Goetia on 3rd November 2013, 10:47 pm

Katrine walked into her office, gripping the day's mail under one of her arms while holding a glass of water in the hand of the same arm. She never bothered to close the door behind her; she only dropped the small amount of mail on her desk and set the water next to it. With a faint sigh of exhaustion, Katrine fell into the office chair behind the desk. The day seemed to be uneventful until as Katrine opened letter after letter. Nothing but notices and reminders, one in particular about the violations a while ago that needed attention. Then came one envelope that appeared to have been dragged through the desert on the way here, as well as having some strange stain on it.

Katrine curiously opened the package, feeling for the properties contents inside. She was right in her assumption that there were papers inside. The first, though, had a bluish ink that looked like it was glowing. The hell...? Katrine thought to herself. She checked the package for any postage information, but only found the name of the refinery she was working in. Katrine's suspicion peaked. Whoever sent this message must have used unconventional means to get it here. The assistant pondered. She took a sip of water before reading the glowing text, trying hard not to skim through the paper. The handwriting sure looks nice...almost enough for me to think some lowlife didn't write this.

Despite Katrine's comment, she passed off the warning as a simple scare tactic. Gotta give the guy points for his calligraphy...but you better have a damn good reason for us to leave. Katrine remembered seeing a second paper in the package, so she reached inside and grabbed another letter. This one wasn't as elegant as the first, but had traces of the same handwriting. It was almost amusing that this mystery writer needed two letters to say the same thing, although this message seemed more personal. Katrine had to admit that the Hinterland was disliked by many regions, but the chances of anything warranting martial law were low...or so she hoped. Still, Katrine pushed her doubts to the side and took the letters to her older sister, confident she would find them amusing as well.  

Zoey was in the middle of solving a crossword puzzle from last week's newspaper when she heard a knock on the door. "Come in." She announced apathetically. Katrine walked in, holding a leaf or two of paper in hand. Zoey didn't look up until Katrine was standing at the desk. "Oh, Katrine!" She said surprised. "What's up?"

"Take a gander at this." Katrine handed the letters to Zoey, grinning.

Zoey read through the letters, but she never laughed. Not even her signature smirk appeared. Don't tell me... Zoey thought. She read through the letters surprisingly quick, but she read them a second time before letting the papers fall to the desk's flat surface. Zoey's hands meshed together as her eyes gazed into nothingness, a clear sign she was Thinking.

"Don't tell me you're actually taking this seriously. How many times have we received death threats and fake warnings? This is no different. I mean, who would tell us to leave the refinery with the whole 'humans are the monsters' and 'martial law' bs? This is ridi-"

"Katrine...go get an ether meter for yourself and dad...get food...a different set of clothes...and any other needs we may have...Do you understand?"

Katrine was stunned by Zoey's bold yet quiet tone. The gravity in her older sister's eyes only reinforced her heavy aura. Zoey's deathly glare, her hunched shoulders, stiff jaw, curled fingers; it was just like when they almost lost their mother. Katrine stood silently, her mouth slightly agape. Few times has she seen Zoey so dire. She couldn't conceive why Zoey was so intent on leaving so suddenly, but she couldn't get herself to ask. "Of...Of course..." Katrine answered. She stiffly existed the room and closed the door behind her. A heavy sigh escaped her mouth. What was it that Zoey knew that caused her to act so strangely? Katrine made a mental note to ask after they left the town. In the meantime, she would go about completing the requests assigned to her.

Zoey hung her head over the table, trying not to think of all the people she will leave behind. I'm sure everyone will get a similar message...if not, they already have. She tried reassuring herself. She couldn't possibly take everyone with her. All she needed were her parents and sister, and everything would be fine. Zoey recollected herself has she stood from her desk. Her first order of business was to inform her parents of the move.

It was almost 3 am when Katrine began walking to the rendezvous point at the western end of the town. She slung her bag full of art supplies over her shoulder before hefting a bag of food, clothes, and other necessities onto her back. The walk was annoyingly painful. So much so that Katrine would make sure that Zoey would carry the larger bag to the first town they reach. The rendezvous point was an abandoned shack that was well hidden behind a closed bar.

A hooded figure was seen standing next to shack, looking away into the distance. "I'm here...." Katrine exhaled. She laid the bag of supplies next the shack's wall, a few beads of sweat catching the moonlight.
"Good. Let's go." "Hold on! I carried this stuff all the way here AND sold back that ether meter. You carry this...You're the strong one, anyway." Zoey chuckled a bit and lifted the bag with ease. Katrine felt the woman was mocking her. With nothing else to say, she stuck out her tongue and crossed her arms. Zoey merely patted her on the shoulder and gestured her to get moving. After Katrine fiddled with the ether meter on her wrist, the two headed for the airship that Zoey phoned for earlier. As Katrine boarded the airship, she imagined what life would be like from now on.

[Zoey Markovich/Katrine Markovich] exits [Elfen Hinterland] to [Acyterus]

-Goeta 2018

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Goetia

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 4th November 2013, 9:05 pm

[ATTN: Hinterland]
[Time: Early Morning right after Dawn]
The destruction of the Citadel can be seen even far off in the distance as it is engulfed by a strangely lit mushroom cloud, as if the ether beasts of legend had gone to war within. A hot air pushes out into the distance as fragments of the explosion begin to short out less shielded devices, burning the resistors hardware as they are flooded with something similar to EMP. Just what sort of event has occurred here? Just what sort of organization could do this?

All that remains is that thousands of thousands of lives have been lost. The future for the survivors looks bleak and desolate, even worse than the hinterland itself normally is. The survivors will surely flee in search of other places, though many will fall to ether poisoning due to the toxic ether permeating the air that isn't seeming to end.

Somewhere inside the cloud a unearthly cackling can be heard, it's voice unheard of by anyone. How can it be heard when no survivors exist to hear it... no wait perhaps there is. One soul surviving the chaos from within, and another trudging hopelessly on into the distance.

OOC:FOR further information see the Citadel thread: https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com/t1178-city-the-citadel#83048

MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 4th December 2013, 7:28 pm

This role-play is now closed due to the following reasons:

1. MethosArchaic no longer has time to assist as RPM.
2. Several members have voiced an opinion of keeping it private within a smaller group, defeating the purpose of this RP.
3. Inactivity; inability to get a response from inactive members.
4. Christmas Holidays require the use of the RPG stylesheet, which is currently being used by this role-play.
5. Several inactive members have implied or stated that they will not return in the near future.

This role-play may come back as a smaller role-play. No further massive role-plays will be run by Leah7 on this forum ever again. There is not enough people that are willing to work together outside of their normal, small cliques to make this kind of role-play work--especially for one of this scale. As such, never expect to see this style of role-play again, but you may see this setting again, if you are invited.

==> Moved to Role-Play Archives

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Mama Bear

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum