Ender's War

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ender's War - Page 2 Empty Ender's War

Post by Guest on 15th June 2011, 10:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

The calendar marks it as the year 128 F.D (Feudal Divide). The Great War of Kallum is in the past, but now the neighboring kingdom of Dar'shun has gone silent. Dar'shun, a kingdom of mountains and of great strategic value, had been allied with the Kingdom Val'sarak for over forty years. Its sudden silence was staggering, how could the two kingdoms, on such a united front, be torn asunder with such little cause? What had happened to their peace meetings, their promises of marriage for the next generation, how had their relations suddenly ended like this?

The only news available from Dar'shun was a scrabble-minded messenger. The messenger, Tod Kalrum had served for twenty-three years in the Legion, how anything could crack him was beyond the physicians and medicines were not helping either. He had been confined to a cell after being treated for a wound on his shoulder. All day he rocked back and forth on, whispering, and sometimes shouting, "The darkness..."

"Ten years, it has been ten years since the last war. I had hoped to see at least another twenty years of peace before the next, hoping my son would be able to lead the kingdom through the next challenge," stated king Talos Vas Valgraf as he slowly paced back and forth across the War Council room in the Upper Keep of Castle Val.

Legionnaire Commander, Salverik Kon Vallos watches the king patiently for a few moments and then speaks up, "Sire, we cannot wait to act any longer. We must evacuate the residents closest to us to the city and begin to prepare for what is to come. We do not have any time to spare, we must protect the people."

King Talos turns abruptly, looking directly at Salverik, "Do you think I do not know what is best for my people Commander? I know this, I just wish it did not have to come down to this. Send the fastest guardsmen you can. How fast can they reach Ar'lys and the outlying villages?"

Salverik, startled by his King's reaction is taken aback for a moment, but answers firmly, "It will take 6 to 7 days to get to Ar'lys in this rainy season. The roads will be thick with mud and any messenger knows that a horse with a broken leg is useless. In fact, it will take roughly 11 days to get to Corinth in the downpour outside. The closest villages, such as Saris and Faranci and the cities on the main trade routes, can be reached within 2-3 days, and can begin to be evacuated, but cannot be expected to arrive until at least 5 days after they are given the signal to evacuate."

King Talos, stares at his Commanding Officer defiantly, "You will have those citizens here within one week. That is ALL we can afford. The citizens to the north are going to bear the brunt of this invasion, if invasion it is, they cannot stand on their own. Send the 37th division up there, on the double."

Salverik stares blankly at his King, "The Calvary, sire? You know as well as I that if their horses are lost and we do lose the entire division that when the Dar'shun army gets here we will be at a disadvantage. We already know that their army rivals ours, losing a division could mean life or death to the entire city."

King Talos shakes his head slightly, "If it comes down to that, I am willing to step down. I do not want to see anymore unnecessary bloodshed if possible. If we can save the villages to the north from being completely overrun, it will be worth it. At the very least send out half of the 37th mixed with the 32nd. If we cannot send the full company, we should at least give them some ground support."

Salverik nods, as if in approval, "Very well Sire, I understand your sentiments greatly. We shall send the entirety of the 32nd and the 37th and have them split at the fork so as to make it to both Ar'lys and Corinth on time. We shall pull through this sire, I know we shall."

~*~
2 days later in Ar'lys
~*~

A man wrapped in clothing from head to toe, his face covered, his cloak black and covered with grim and mud steps into the village, his weight heavily on his cane. Several of the guards train arrows on him from the treetop guard posts. In fact, most of Ar'lys is built into the very forest around it, houses in the treetops and in the hollowed out holes around the base of the roots.

The man slowly unwraps his face, looking around at the startled peasants, who had seen no one come from the north in nearly 5 months. The man stares, his left eye a dull grey, but his right a vibrant searing orange. He opens his mouth slowly, as if to say something, and then collapses onto the ground.

A guard jumps out of his tree-top post and rushes to the man.

"He's just dehydrated, quick someone bring some water."

A peasant fetches a pitcher, quickly rushing the the strange man's side. The guard manages to pour the water into the strange wanderer's dry mouth, dumping the rest on his face. Shaking awake, the wanderer looks up at the guard, his orange eye searching the pale blue's of the guards and then he whispers.

"The darkness... it.. comes."

Last edited by Leah's Slave on 15th June 2011, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Ender's War - Page 2 Empty Re: Ender's War

Post by xenolion on 16th June 2011, 11:54 pm

{Attn: Jazen}

Evelyn shakes her head as she exits the Inn. "I think that guy probably had a little too much to drink." She laughs at Jazen.

They continue to her house dodging the raindrops on the way. Upon reaching her small house, Evelyn pulls him inside. She immediately scrutinizes him. "I think I have just the thing, wait here." She rushes off into a side room.

Upon returning she has a bundle of clothing in her arms. "That leather is going to be horrible in the rain. If you are going to be helping me I insist you change. These should fit you." She hand the bundle over to him "Use my room to get changed. I will meet you out back and we will start unloading."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you leah
Ender's War - Page 2 Turtle11
Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 17th June 2011, 12:07 am

[ATTN: Evelyn]

As they reach Evelyn's home, he finds himself tugged inside and given new clothing within moments. His eyes widen slightly, surprised. He doesn't want to take off his armor, but...he decides that it'll just have to do. He most certainly isn't going to say no to a seamstress, who probably has a hidden needle somewhere up her sleeves.

As he goes back to her room to change, he finds some sewing materials, a small bed, and various clothing all hanging neatly on a rod. He looks around for a bit, smiling while imagining himself doing naughty things to the lovely seamstress on the bed...

Snap out of it! Jazen shakes his head and changes his clothes hastily, leaving his uniform, bag, and weapon the floor next to the wall out of the way. He hopes it won't bother her, but he doesn't wish to carry it while unloading her buggy...he wants to finish this as quickly as possible.

Ender's War - Page 2 Zedsig11
Click here to get started on GtR!
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 17th June 2011, 12:41 am

{Attn: Jazen} ((OOC Also borrowing Jazen with Leah's permission)

Evelyn opens up the door to go outside and sees the rain pouring down. The last thing she wants to do is to wait outside for him. She closes the door feeling the chilliness of the rain seeping into her.

She walks over to her fireplace deciding to start a fire. What would be nicer after working outside in the rain than coming into a warm house. Plus the fire can help to dry off a certain Legion Lance Corporal's clothing too.

Jazen exits Evelyn's room seeing her in front of the small fire "Nice room....nice bed....cozy room." He states awkwardly walking over to her.

Evelyn stands up from the fire place smiling at Jazen. "Hah I was right the clothes fit perfectly. Looks like I know your size perfectly." She walks over to him and smooths the sleeve of his shirt.

She tugs on her arm. "Come let's get to work, there is a lot of unloading to do."

Jazen smiles as he is pulled out of the house. There is only one thing he would like to work on...her.

Jazen and Evelyn approach the buggy. Evelyn pulls out a key to undo the lock.

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17th June 2011, 12:46 am

As Jazen and Evelyn approach the buggy, a torrent of rain pours down. In the distance, a dense fog can be seen. It quickly envelopes the town of Corinth. Then a sudden flash of lightning crackles across the sky, and within the brief period of light, a figure is seen roaming amongst the fog. It spots Evelyn and Jazen, the sky flickering to darkness. The fog conceals all, the figure vanishing. Then another bright flash and crackle of lightning and the figure is before them both.

The figure, a tall man, covered from head to toe in dark heavy clothing, his cloak a deep black, face masked, with the exception of one eye. One bright orange, burning eye, peering into them, as if looking at their very souls. The lightning crackles and booms, yet the words the man speak are clear, "They call."

The rain torrents down harder, the man, the figure steps away, darkness beginning to envelop him within the fog, the flash of light from the sky doing nothing to push the dark void away. It looks as if shadows themselves gathered about him, writhing and swirling about his arms and legs like snakes. He looks at the two and then begins to chuckle, laughing louder than the storm itself.

The light from the sky fades and the man, the figure, the shadow, is gone.

~*~~
Ar'lys Village
~*~

Varrick awakes from his slumber, sitting up abruptly. His breath is quick, panting almost. His face instantly shoots to the window, trying to gauge how much time is left. He is met with a deep dark sky, rain pouring.

"No," he says. He looks at the young woman tending him, Saryn. He stares, "No, we must flee, we must go now. They come, they come now, the sky is too dark, too dark. I can see them, they swarm just to the north. I felt it, I felt them call, in the east as well. We must flee, we must go now."

He stands quickly, "My sword, did you find my sword?"

Saryn shakes her head, the guards outside turn to face him, taken aback by his awakening. They reach for their own weapons, but his eye turns on them, gleaming violently orange, "My weapon?"

The guards back away. Saryn stands, shaking her head, "We did not find it sir, please calm yourself."

Varrick looks back at the young woman, so tender and sweet, "We have no time. I'm sorry I could not save you."

Varrick sinks onto his bed sitting, face in hands, weeping, "I'm sorry, I cannot save you. My sword, it was the only thing that could have. They come, they call. They will be here soon. No time to run, no where to hide."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 17th June 2011, 1:11 am

Evelyn jumps a little at the lightening strikes. Damn I should have done this before eating. She rubs her arms with the fog starts rolling in. For some reason she felt the hairs at the back of her neck stand on end. She looks over at Jazen wanting nothing more than to hold him close.

Evelyn jumps upon seeing the figure in the fog. She looks at the orange eye that seems to see right through her. She instinctively grabs Jazen's hand.

When the figure disappears she looks up at Jazen, and in a quiet timid voice asks him "Jazen...Wha...What just happened?"

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 17th June 2011, 1:50 am

As the figure vanished, Jazen blinks for a moment, letting it sink in as his nerves shoot up to the max and his body starts to enter a familiar "mode" that it has used on several, unpleasant occasions. All he could think in the next moment was: "Move."

"Move." Jazen says to her, "Move, now. Grab your shit; we're getting out of here. Disconnect the horse from the buggy and we'll ride out of here."

Jazen moves into the house quickly, grabbing his things from where he left them. He shuffles out of her room and looks to her, waiting for her to be ready to leave. He doesn't think. He doesn't try to understand what's going on. He's just following his instinct.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 17th June 2011, 2:05 am

Evelyn watches as Jazen's expression shifts. Gone is the playful gleam, it is replaced by a cold, frightful stare. Grab my shit? What does he mean all my shit is in there. Evelyn looks back at the buggy. Well there was always her small bag that she kept for emergencies. It has a few changes of clothes, fire making supplies, maps, a compass, a small sewing kit, and some food that travels well. This will have to do I guess.

Evelyn then gets to work on detaching the horse from the buggy. She doesn't know why they just don't take it. It has plenty of room for all the supplies they may need. She remembers the look in his eyes, and knows not to question his command.

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 17th June 2011, 11:24 am

Jazen assists Evelyn up onto the horse after she takes her bag and then takes the saddle behind her. He places his arms around her waist and tells her to go quickly. The horse moves and he has her move to the side of the road, rather than staying directly on it, knowing that the mud will only slow their pace and make movement harder for the horse.

Despite the cold wind and rain in their faces, Jazen rushed on, having her rush the horse on more as the rain begins to soak through them to the bone. He hates the cold, but he knows that they must continue, despite the freezing weather that makes him yearn for a warm bed and a naked lady.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye on 17th June 2011, 12:42 pm

Afilado looked over to the man who appeared to have been having a rough time. Possibly involved with water or rain. He was curious about this man and why he was so beaten up. Afilado didn't remember seeing him around, so he thought the man was from another area. Still, Afilado had a class to watch over. He couldn't just leave his students. Afilado thought for a moment. There were still 20 minutes before class ended, but Afilado supposed he could end the class early today.

He clapped his hands loudly to get the attention of his students and announced that class will be ending early. After everyone had put their swords and gear away and left, Afilado walked over to the direction he remembered he saw the man walking. He then found the man in the local inn asking for help. The situation sounded grim, so Afilado stepped up to the man and placed his hand on the man's shoulder in a friendly way. "I'll help in any way I can, sir." He said with a subtle smile.

Ender's War - Page 2 GoeSig
Ty for the sig, Leah :3
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 17th June 2011, 9:14 pm

Evelyn settles on her horse. She can feel the rain falling, seeping in through her clothes. She feels Jazen's strong arms around her. She is a bit worried about him. She has seen him in this mode once before. When they were attacked on one of her trips to Las Tres Brujas. He's got that wild look in his eyes one that commanded obedience.

She steers the horse to the side of the road. She thinks he mentioned to do so, but she would have anyway, knowing how bad the mud was on the road. She is now thankful they did not bring the buggy. She only hopes that they don't meet anything dangerous on the roads. Traveling at night is not suggested.

Evelyn keeps her eyes alert, but leans back on Jazen. She knows he is keeping a sharp eye on the path in front of them too. She brings her soaking front hair over her shoulder, so it will not wet him down even more. On and on the travel, not stopping for anything.

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety on 17th June 2011, 9:40 pm

Lucy, who was still outside the man's room, was completely freaked out by how he was acting. He sounded urgent, half-crazed, and anguished.

"W-we have no time?" she asked, frightened. "W-what are 'they'?"

So many things were going through her mind. What if he was telling the truth and they were all doomed? She needed to try to get the children away.

"Should we try to evacuate?"

Ender's War - Page 2 Shysig10
Spoiler:

Claimed:
Kiseki, sagiri, Fina, HikariKuragari, Kalena from Feudal Era, Illias Vienna from Mage's Retribution, Lylishae from War of Elements
Co-claimed:
Leah7, xenolion
---------
RIP #37
RIP Emily
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18th June 2011, 1:31 am

Varrick raised his head, looking out the window, "It is far too late. They are here."

A crackle of lighting fills the sky, followed by a thunderous booming and the sharp ripple as lightning and wood collide. Yells begin to fill the outside world, the rain lightening up just enough to hear them. Panic arising as lightning continues flashing throughout the sky, seeking its path to the ground. The smell of burnt cinder wafts in from nearby, small amounts of smoke fluttering through the village.

All the guards are tense, some abandon their tree outposts, feeling it far too dangerous to be in the wet stations in this weather, especially after that last bit hit a tree right in the center of the village. Luckily, there would be no fire, just the smell of burnt cinder and the ashes left smoldering out on the tree. Several guards rush home to check their loved ones, making sure they are alright.

As many guards rush to their homes, another thunderous crack is heard and the earth shudders.

"What.. what was that? That was not thunder."
a guard still manning his post yells across to another on the ground.

A large boulder smashes into the village, sundering through the treetops. Three more follow, hitting most of the upper level guard stations, crashing through them with ease. Guards on the ground dodge and dive as tree tops fall down unto them. Screams arise and a dense horde flows out of the fog to the north.

"Attack, an enemy attack!? It's the Dar'shun army," screams a guard outside. Scattered guards begin trying to regroup in the middle of the village. Lightning flashes in the sky, revealing the horde slightly. Its mass is clumped together making the figures hard to make out, they all wear heavy battle gear, pikes at the forefront. Few guards remain at the northern entrance, the few left scattering to inform the women and children to flee while the rest gather at the middle to try to mount a defense. Three more cracking noises are heard, boulders flying into the tree tops, crushing unfortunate guards fleeing through the upper levels and slamming through the trees.

The horde continues forth, surging through the hastily built northern gate. A few stifled screams can be hear coming from the tree tops, though from what is unknown.

"They are here. As expected... they will not stop," says Varrick as he rises to his feet. He looks to Saryn, the guards out the door and Lucy. His eye gleaming orange peers into them, as if considering, then he turns his back on them towards the wall.

"Flee while you can, it is your only hope. They call," Varrick raises his right palm to the wall of the room and places it firmly against it. He closes his eye but for a moment, "Tetsurun, Ignatous Faltismo" and as he opens his eye the wall shatters from his palm outward, letting all see the chaos flowing outside as lightning flashes. An eerie darkness flows from the outside into the room, permeating and flowing up Varrick to the sheath on his back. A black sword hilt forms at the top of the sheath, "Ah.. there you are. I was worried I would be able to save no one."

Varrick steps forward toward the hole where the wall used to be, "All should flee. South, keep moving south. Yet know, they will always be behind you." At this, Varrick jumps out of the tree, hitting the ground in a roll, whispering, "Faekulum."

Saryn looks out after Varrick shocked, "Oh god.. oh god. He.. he.. that fall is almost 3 stories... How? What is... he? What are 'they'?"

~*~
Las Tres Brujas
~*~

The man looks at Afilado gratefully. He nods his head for a moment.

"We need all the help we can get, serrah. The rain will have us flooded completely soon, we need to get back as soon as we can. You know Basicul, yes? It is just from the north east from here, the path is muck with all the rain, but if we can get some horses and get off to the side of the path on the grass it'll be much easier to get back before late. But.. we are going to need a lot of manpower, we already have forty or so outside working, but it just is not enough. The entire basin will fill at this rate, the river from the mountain is running so quickly as well. What's weird is... we even got a bit of snow mixed in with the rain. I've never seen anything like it, chunks of ice were floating down the river, and now this constant rain... at any rate, we really appreciate the help."

He quickly looks back towards Basicul, seeing the storm clouds still there, swirling and condensing, yet the sky above Las Tres still quite clear. He looks back to Afilado, his eyes almost pleading.

"I need to get back quickly."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety on 18th June 2011, 12:32 pm

Lucy screamed and ran out of the inn. She tried to run to the orphanage, but it was impossible to get there because of the fallen debris of the broken trees. Tears began streaming down her face, but she knew she needed to flee the village. She could hear the invaders getting closer.

"I'm sorry!" she screamed.

She turned on her heel and dashed to the southern exit. Her bow and quivers of arrows bumped frantically against her back, urging her on. She sobbed uncontrollably, but kept going. If nothing else, she needed to get to the other villages on her way south and warn them of what was coming. It wouldn't make up for leaving her family behind, but it was the least she could do.

Spoiler:

Claimed:
Kiseki, sagiri, Fina, HikariKuragari, Kalena from Feudal Era, Illias Vienna from Mage's Retribution, Lylishae from War of Elements
Co-claimed:
Leah7, xenolion
---------
RIP #37
RIP Emily
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 19th June 2011, 8:18 am

[Attn: Open]

Sparrow had been woken urgently by his mother. Her eyes were wide with alarm and she had a knife out ready to throw.

"What's wrong?" he asked, immediately looking around.

"Can't you hear it?"

He listened, and sure enough, sounds were coming from the village. Though distant, the sound of clanging metal and destruction hit his ears. Bolts of lightning lit up the night sky, and what they revealed was alarming. Darkness. Palpable, almost like it could be touched, was coming from the area he knew must be his village.

He reached into his pouch and pulled out a bowstring from his oiled pouch. He quickly strung his shortbow and a nocked an arrow and watched. Ready, if need be, to put an arrow in the eye of whatever might come from that darkness. If it had eyes, that is.

Ender's War - Page 2 Venom10
Ender's War - Page 2 Pbucket
Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye on 20th June 2011, 6:09 pm

Afilado looked to Basicul with the man. He was unsure why ice was coming down the river with the water, but he guessed in his mind that it was coming from the mountains above. Still, Afilado was bewildered by the unusual weather that was occurring. Afilado looked to the man with a faint smile. "I'll get us some horses. You can just wait here. By the way, what's your name?" Afilado then became worried over where the winds would carry the storm clouds. If it came to this village, everyone could be in grave danger. "I really hope this storm dies down soon. It could cause some serious damage to any other village caught in it."

Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd June 2011, 2:22 am

"Karshion, sir, is my name. I will wait for the horses, it will be for the best, as trying to return on foot would take most of the night. The storm is straddling the north hard though, I'm sure Ar'lys and Corinth both are getting the brunt of it, though the river from the mountain is the main cause for our problems in Basicul. If it lets up soon, we might have a fighting chance, but... it does not look as if it will."

Karshion walked with Afilado hoping that it would help speed things along, it was urgent that they got on the move soon, for he did not know how much progress had been made against the flood of the lake.

~*~
Ar'lys
~*~

Lucy ran towards the southern exit as fast as she could, hoping to escape towards the capital to bring warning. As she ran, the screams from behind caught her ears. She knew not to look back, she knew she needed to keep running, but she did look back; just for a moment at the home she had known for so long. As she did so, a body fell from the treetop walkways, warm blood streaming down over her hair and face. She gasped for breath and heard a laughter in the trees above. Shortly afterward, a head fell downward, tumbling atop the body, its eyes blankly staring at her, more blood flushing outward. She screamed as loud as she could, turning on her heel and fleeing out the gate, the image of the dead eyes staring into her own.

Boulders continued to bombard the village, crushing the trees and the homes within them. Varrick screamed a battle-cry into the night, rushing the northern gates. The guards there were scattered, but they rallied behind him as he cut threw a swath of the dark army, whatever they were. Varrick screams, "Twelethadone Ull Lethous" and orbs of blinding light appear in the sky above him.

The dark army at the northern gate hiss and scream, the lights dulling their eyesight, their flesh boil and burn. The army quickly retreats away from the dangerous lights, which stall their progress. However, the distant rumble continues, sending more boulders into the village, crushing guards and peasants alike under them as people in their homes begin to scatter, trying to head south out of the village.

Varrick's eye flashes with rage, he screams to the guards backing him, "Hurry, organize the people and flee to the south, I will hold them back for as long as I can."

A guard looks him over quickly, "We cannot just leave you here. You just came to the village, you are yet injured!"

Varrick looks back as his dark sword pierces an enemy, "Just think of it as payment for saving me and allowing me a brief respite, it is the best I can do. Flee now. I can only hold out for so long, and your people will be massacred by the catapults if they keep running around. Lead them to safety, I will not die so easily."

The guards quickly retreat toward the southern exit, gathering people as they go. Screams can still be heard coming from the treetops every now and then. Varrick arranges the orbs quickly around the village from his position at the north gate. Units of the dark army flee the searing light of his orbs, but still they push towards him, attempt to extinguish his life.

Saryn leaves the inn, silently she notices the chaos in the village and sees the piercingly bright light orbs, they engulf the village in a soft glow. She hears children crying nearby and remembers the orphanage. The soft light around the village lets her pick her way through the brambles and fallen branches. The boulders continue the strike, two collide through the inn. She calls to the children, "Come out everyone, we need to get out of here, quickly."

Saryn pulls some branches out of the path and as she does one of the guards runs up to her, "We need to get out of here! Now! Everyone is gathered at the southern gate, we have to go, that crazy guy from the north is buying us time, those light baubles are his, I dunno how he did it, but we don't have time to chit-chat, we gotta go!"

Saryn slaps the guard on the face, "You idiot! There are children in there, you'll help me clear a path even if you have to die to do it. We MUST save the children, I'm sure we have time to do that at least."

The guard steps back, stunned slightly, "You're... you're right, I'll go call some of the others over, we can get them out." He quickly heads to the south gate, leaving Saryn pulling at the branches.

The children continue to cry, but she keeps talking to them as she pulls the debris letting them know she is there. The guard and the some of other adults come back, helping her clear the debris. She sighs as the children come out unharmed. She smiles and chides them to follow after the others, which they quickly do, fearing the noises outside. She stands away from the orphanage, glad she managed to save the children and watches them headed southward. She starts after them, as a boulder lands squarely on her back, crushing her instantly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye on 23rd June 2011, 3:48 pm

"Very well then. It's a pleasure to meet you, Karshion. My name is Afilado." Afilado shook Karshion's hand and walked quickly to a small farm owned by Afilado's friend. He found his friend plowing some dirt and greeted him hastily. Afilado then told his friend about how he needed horses to go help a man from another village. His friend gave him a cold stare for a moment, and then gave him permission to borrow two horses, and only two. Afilado thanked the friend and ran over to where the horses were kept. Soon, he came back with two large horses. "Alright, Karshion. These are the two fastest horses I could pick. They're both powerful, but easy to manage, so you just hop onto one and I'll get on the other."

Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety on 23rd June 2011, 9:00 pm

Lucy felt nothing but terror as she ran from the village. She didn't know what kind of devilish army was attacking Ar'lys, and she never wanted to find out. The dead eyes haunted her every thought until she felt she would lose her mind. She stumbled and fell to her knees, scraping them up, but she felt nothing.

She sat there for a moment and caught her breath, though it was difficult to do so through the sobbing. She slowly got back up and started running again. Aside from those haunting eyes there was one thing that went through her mind: she needed to go south.

Spoiler:

Claimed:
Co-claimed:
Leah7, xenolion
---------
RIP #37
RIP Emily
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 9th July 2011, 3:49 pm

Rain splatters down, soaking deep into Jazen's hair. He watches the sky, looking for a break in the clouds, hoping that the road is not mush the entire way to Castle Val. He gives the horse free reign to continue traveling forward, off to the side of the road. The trees sway in a north western wind, the storm clouds following along.

"Damn," Jazen mutters. He watches as the clouds continue to span out in front of him, knowing that the rain will continue through the night. Knowing the only inn to still be hours away he looks back over his shoulder at Evelyn. The rain soaking through her clothing.

The horse stops trotting, coming to a halt and moving into the trees on instinct. Jazen looks to the front. Notices the horse trembling beneath him. He motions for Evelyn to dismount. The slides off the horse after her.

"There are things this rain hides... we would do well to follow the example, "Jazen begins to shuffle through his pack, pulling out pieces of a tent. He sets them up quickly and efficiently, as he had hundreds of times before. He motions Evelyn to enter and places his bag inside, then sets about gathering downed foliage. He works quickly, but places the branches and leaves around the tent and on the tent neatly, making the tent a little harder to spot from the road. He then enters the tent, soaked to the bone and looks at Evelyn.

"I only have one sleeping bag. . ."

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 10th July 2011, 11:03 am

Evelyn cannot help but close her eyes. She knows Jazen wants to get as far away from Corinth as possible. She rests her head on him for a brief moment. She is also worried about her horse. It just came back from a rough trip and now is on yet another one.

She feels Jazen motioning her to dismount. She does and approaches her horse as Jazen sets up the tent. "There, there girl, you did a good job." She strokes the horses mane lovingly. She then digs in her bag, finding a carrot. She offers it to the horse.

When Jazen has the tent set up she sees him motioning her to come inside. She smiles and enters. She is soaked to the bone. She brings in her bag setting it on the floor of the tent as he goes out to do other things. She takes the opportunity to change out of her soaked clothes and into her night clothes.

Jazen enters the tent, telling her that he only has one sleeping bag. She smiles at him. "Well that may actually be a good thing. I know both of us are chilled because of the rain. Now we can use each others heat to keep ourselves warm. But first get out of those soaked clothes, you are going to catch a cold." She winks and turns around giving him some privacy.

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13th July 2011, 2:30 pm

The rain viciously beat down on the womans back. The icey chill of the wind cut at her skin. The cloak she had draped over herself had long since been soaked in rain and as such, useless. Her yellow eyes focused on the road ahead of her, making sure to not stray. The rain had turned the roads to mud, making it exceedingly difficult for her horse to mantain its footing. She had been on this road for three days now, the rain and the cold her two fiercest enemies.
'Just my luck eh?' Margaret said snarkily to herself, the smile that she always wore now seemingly frozen to her face. She decided being a pessimest would get her nowhere in this situation, and decided to focus on more, pleasent things. This had been her first time back to 'visit' Corinth in years. More importantly, the first time in a long time that she had seen her little sister, Evelyn. The mere thought brought a pleasent smile to the womans face as she urged her horse onward. She then began to hum a small little tune under her breath. True, seeing Evelyn had not been the reason she had come to Corinth, but it was still something she had been waiting for. Her horse slipped, sliding forward on the road. It's feet stumbled and fumbled beneath it, trying to regain it's footing.
"A-ahh." She gave a small, suprised cry as in seemed the horses feet were about to buckle beneath it. Luckily, the horse managed to regain it's foothold and continued onward, Margaret gave a sigh of releif.
'This will all be worth it...Due time..' She attempted to convince herself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 13th July 2011, 3:20 pm

Jazen blushes as he sets up the tent and places the sleeping nbag inside. He strips as she turns away, having a hard time pulling the material off of his skin. He rushes on some dry clothes and then brings out some ratoins.

"Your turn." Jazen says and then jestures to the rations. "This is all I have. Sorry. I know it's not much, but it is survival. I don't know what is going on, but it's bad. I just know it. Something is...following us and we need to be prepared. I think we should sleep for a few hours and then move again. If we stay in one place for too long, 'it' could catch up to us. Whatever it is."

Jazen avoids her gaze, hoping that she doesn't think he is paranoid. He closes his eyes so that she may take off the wet clothes and he hopes that he can effectively resist the urge to peek.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 13th July 2011, 5:43 pm

Evelyn looks at the rations before digging into her bag. "Don't worry Jazen, I ate before we left remember. Save the rations for later, you never know when we will need them.

She watches him as he speaks about why they fled. He purposefully avoids her gaze. She is frightened, but doesn't want to add to his worry. She finds her white cotton nightgown in her bag. Of course when she is wet to begin with...Hmm maybe she can get his mind off of the mission for just a little while. They do need to share a sleeping bag after all.

Evelyn changes into her nightgown. She is unable to get her body completely dry in some places so it is clinging. She cannot help but get a little nervous. She knows she is just a plain looking woman. She turns back to Jazen. "Well I am as decent as I am going to get...Darn rain."

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 14th July 2011, 3:28 pm

Jazen opens the sleeping bag, averting his eyes to the ground, understanding how improper it is to see a lady in a nightgown of any sort. He gestures for her to lay on the bed and then awkwardly lays on the side, facing away. His eyes remained closed and his heart begins to pound quickly. He hopes that she cannot hear his heart beating.

He is immediately nervous, but he says nothing as he struggles not to think on the fact that he will be laying next to a woman who is hardly clothed. He simply lays there and decides that he needs to sleep as much as possible. Hopefully, nothing will interrupt their sleep and 'it' won't catch up to them. The bad feeling in his stomach begins to grow.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 14th July 2011, 4:09 pm

Evelyn lays next to Jazen. Her heart is pounding, it has been a while since she has been so close to a man. Jazen is such a strong and kind one too. She feels bad for him. She knows he is nervous about something. If only she can help him get his mind on something different. Dare she be so forward. She knows the cat and mouse game they've been playing.

She has to do something. Evelyn gets a smirk on her face and lays on her side too, wrapping an arm around Jazen. "Damn rain, making everything so cold." she whispers.

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum