Mancers RP

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mancers RP - Page 9 Empty Mancers RP

Post by Guest on 18th November 2010, 10:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

I played something similar on another forum, and it was really fun. I named it Mancers because there's a story I was going to write a long time ago where people had the ability to manipulate an element of some sort (i.e. Fire = pyromancer).

-mancer: to divinate from

In this world, people have one unique power (think X-Men). It can be as simple as telepathy, or as abstract as shifting into different animal forms. BE CREATIVE! And try not to have the same power that someone else chose. Powers are unique to the people they belong to! Post your character stats on the proper board, and have fun!

Oh, and if you can think of a prefix to go along with your power (i.e. Pyromancer, Cyromancer, Aeromancer) Feel free to dub yourself as a <whatever>mancer! Oh, and the era is set in modern day time, so it's more sci-fi than fantasy. Your power is your weapon, so unless you want to manipulate metal to create swords and such while you fight, you can't just have medieval weapons like swords....unless you want to be one of the weird modern day blacksmiths who make swords and carry them around because it's their thing...XD

EDIT: There HAS to be some kind of balance with your power so you're not "God-like". For instance, if you want to manipulate the power of fire, you have to have a source. You can't just create fire out of thin air. If you can't think of a balance, let me know and I'll try to help, or just tell you that you're power is balanced enough without creating something extra.

EDIT #2: Developed a little bit of a plot to get us going - There is an organization of evil mancers who's power have gone to their head (figuratively speaking). Not EVERYONE in this world have powers, and this organization seeks to dominate the ones who have no power, or weak powers. The orginization are made up of people who have relatively strong powers. They will not hesitate to destroy anyone who gets in their way as they work towards conquering the world. They also have a thing for kidnapping mancers outside the orginization who have strong powers so they can force them to join their cause.You can choose to be part of the orginization if you want, just know, that you will have to be evil. =D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Mancers RP - Page 9 Empty Re: Mancers RP

Post by JerriLeah7 on 30th November 2010, 3:05 pm

Wyntre laughed as she stood to leave, walking swiftly to the room.

"I intended for us to do it in the morning, silly. Sure thing, seven in the morning sounds great!"

Wyntre leaves the room, shutting the door behind her and returns to her own bed where she shuts her eyes and rests.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mancers RP - Page 9 Zedsig11
Click here to get started on GtR!
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3rd December 2010, 1:06 pm

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! goes the alarm clock. Lily groggily sits up, and turns the alarm off. She stretches, and looks over at her brother who was staring up at her.

"Good morning, Ivan." Lily said with a yawn.

"Good morning!!" He said happily, "When is breakfast?"

That was a really good question. What she didn't think about asking Trent last night...."Well, let's get dressed, and we'll go find Trent." She smiled at her brother.

They both dressed themselves, and Lily had to help her brother get into his clothes, and tie his sneakers. They left the room, and Lily headed down the hall and stopped in front of Wyntre's room. She knocked on the door, and waited.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 3rd December 2010, 1:14 pm

Wyntre hears the knocking, but laid still for a few moments. She hates the mornings. Completely hates them. At least she's already wearing clothes that she can train in. Yay for sleeping in regular clothes, she thinks to herself. Slowly, pushing herself up, she opens the door to see Lily and Ivan.

"Morning." She says. "I hate mornings. What are we doing now?"

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4th December 2010, 2:30 pm

Lily noted Wyntre's grouchiness and stifles a chuckle, "Well, I was going to go find Trent, and see what we can do for breakfast. Ivan's hungry...and so am I. Then after we eat something, I thought we could start lessons."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 4th December 2010, 2:37 pm

Wyntre walks out into the hall and shuts the door behind her.

"Sounds excellent to me. I don't like mornings, but I love food. " She stands behind them to motion that she'll follow and rubs her eyes. "Training is going to be.....fun."

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 4th December 2010, 5:07 pm

"Holy crap! What is that, El?!"

*Elrich's focus wavered slightly and he shot Trent a look before returning his full attention to the orb of swirling energy in front of him. It glowed with blue-white intensity and the training room was beginning to heat up from the energy output.*

"Computer," Elrich called, "put a containment field over the energy source."

"Affirmative," came the computer's reply in a kindly feminine voice.

*Instantly, several lasers popped out of the walls and shot toward the ball of swirling light, containing it in an energy field. As soon as the computer told him it was stable, he released. There was a massive explosion from within the containment field, but Elrich and Trent barely felt the shockwave. Elrich went to a nearby shelf and pulled a towel off.*

"That," he began, wiping the sweat from his face, "was plasma. By accelerating the energy in particles I can accelerate them until they make plasma."

"A new weapon?" Trent asked, impressed.

*Elrich nodded. "I'm still trying to get the hang of it," he admitted. "Unfortunately, at this stage, it's only feasible as a last resort."

"Last resort?"

*Elrich regarded his best friend gravely. "It has highly explosive--and thus, destructive--capabilities. It'll be a while before I could launch it as smaller energy weapons."

"But don't you have energy bolts for that, anyway?"

*Elrich nodded. "They're not always enough, and plasma is more focused. The Organization has gotten a lot stronger. I have to get a lot stronger, as well."

*Trent scoffed. "Says the man who took out their division here last time single-handed."

"They were arrogant and underestimated what they were dealing with," Elrich said gravely. "They're not gonna be so foolish this time. And in the event I get overwhelmed--"

"Which will never happen, you're a tank," Trent cut in.

"I may have to use this plasma burst as a means of taking out my enemies."

"You're too cautious sometimes, man."

"Musashi warned against hubris."

*Elrich looked above them. "The newbies have awoken. They'll need breakfast and you can go over the training regimen we cooked up."

"You should tell them--"

"No. I rather like them thinking me the enemy. It'll make them stronger as a team if they see me as something to oppose."

"That's a very cynical plan."

"Not really. I don't have time to babysit and I'm not here to be liked. I've got a job to do."

*Trent sighed and rolled his eyes, following Elrich out of the room.*

Mancers RP - Page 9 Venom10
Mancers RP - Page 9 Pbucket
Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4th December 2010, 11:03 pm

Vic left Ronnie a bloody pulp when he was done. The man would live. But it would take him weeks if not months to heal up completely. Vic hated interogating. It was not in his nature to torture someone unable to fight back, but it was his only means of getting the necessary information, and besides he knew ways to cause pain but do no permanent damage. Ronnie however was not give as much care as others though. The man betrayed Vic's family, and had anyone of his family other than Vic himself had done this Ronnie would be dead.

"Other bases. Other places. I get tired of running all over the U.S. Sheesh. Ciro better be thankful I'm so concerned for his well-being." Vic muttered as he walked in to a building marked as condemed.
"LUDO! What is wrong with you!? I could have blown your head off!" Victoria shouted as she lowered her hands.
Vic shrugged, "You knew it was me. Who else would just walk in?" He said and walked over to the bathroom.
"I need to wash the blood off." He explained and went to it.
"So you found Ronnie then?" She said as she leaned against the door frame.

Victoria was dark-haired with a little bit of Italian in her, but she was barely related to Vic. Some far off cousin on down the line. They barely knew each other.
Her sharp blue eyes peered at him with some concern and a mixture of anticiaption. She was dressed in a red sweater covered by a nice, brown leather blazer. She fiddled with the change in her jeans pocket.
"I did not kill him if that's what you mean." Vic told her without looking up.
She stomped her leather shoe on the floor hard. The board creeked with strain. She was not a heavy girl, but she was forceful and hot-headed.
"WHY NOT? He deserved it!" She shouted.
"He's a tool of the Organization. I can't hold him fully to blame. Who knows what they might use against him?" Vic responded without flinching.
He scrubbed his hands meticulously. The blood never seemed to come off all the way.

"Not that bull crap again. Ronnie is a double-crosser, a creep, a bug-under-heel. The world would be better off without him!"
Vic finally looked up and the glare he shot at her made her blink a little in surprise.
"You would pass such a harsh judgement on him?" Vic asked in a flat voice.
Victoria raised her chin a little and her blue gaze did not waver now.
"So?"
"What if the Organization was using you and I passed such a judgement on you? Would you like the many ways I could kill you?" He told her in that same, flat voice.
But as he spoke the floorboards creeked with strain. The towel on the rack began to shudder in movement from an unseen force.
Victoria raised a hand, "Stop that."
Vic took a step and the pressure in the room seemed to press against Victoria. She stumbled backward.
"My emotions threaten to crush me at any moment. But I control them not let them use me like you do." He said as he walked out of the bathroom. The crushing force disappeared as if it was never there.

Victoria stood up but she was visibly shaken.
Vic hoped she understood. She was just a year younger than him, but she was quick to judge others and even quicker to lay blame.
"Your info was correct. I got what I needed from Ronnie. I know what to do now." He said.
Victoria looked away with some anger, but she answered him, "Well what now then?"
Vic shrugged, "Might have to wait a while. I don't know much about the facility Ronnie told me that Ciro was being held out. I'm going somewhere first."
Victoria looked at him funny, "Where? What about me!?"

"I met Reticence tonight." He said.
Victoria gasped audibly.
"I am going to pay a visit to his stronghold he has set up and see what I can gather from his sources."
Victoria shook her head, "Not without me. I'm in this too."
"You don't even know what your mancer power is let alone what to do with it." He said with a sigh.
"I know it is hot. I can feel it. I can put holes in things. Even people. That's useful." She said.
"Useful won't keep you alive. I can't train you, you're too stubborn. What do you expect to do? I don't even want to take on the whole Organization. Just get Ciro and leave."
She rolled her eyes, "They'll find you again even if you get Ciro back. They don't ever stop."
Vic shrugged, "We did just fine until Ronnie screwed things up. I'm not going to waste my time. The Organization has parts everywhere. Even without the heads it will revive. Or another group will rise to take the Organization's place. It is in the nature of man to crave power and to control others."
Victoria literaly growled, "You don't know that! You don't know anything!"

Vic just looked at her a moment as if holding back a thunderstorm then stomped up the stairs.
"I'm gunna sleep. Don't follow me." Was all he said.

That following morning, Vic and Victoria were packed. They did not say a word to each other. They went to the hotel marked on the card. Within minutes they were there.
An attendant let them in.
"Ah... can I speak to the guy known as Tyl... Tor...." Vic trailed off.
"Trent?" The attendant asked.
"Yeah."
"I will send him down right away." The attendant said with a grin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 8th December 2010, 6:09 am

Kenora wakes up to the buzzing of her alarm clock. She rises up out of bed and goes through her morning routine. Before long she is headed her job at the bookstore conveniently located a few blocks from the hotel she calls home. She unlocks the doors awaiting for her day to begin. She doesn't have to wait to long before a couple of patron enter the store, followed by a third. However when the third patron enters the store, she gets tingly sensation in her head. She gotten them from time to time, but never this intense before.

She allows all three patrons to look around the store. The first one left empty handed, and the second one purchases a book. She decides to approach the last and only patron left. "Excuse me sir, is there anything I can help you with?"

The man turns around with a sly smile on his face. He is a quite tall, dressed in a business jacket and dark shades. "Young lady the question isn't how you can help me, but rather how I can help you." Kenora, a little intimidated by the man takes a step back, the creepy tingly feeling in her head increasing. "Our Organization has been notified of you new...powers. I am hoping you will accept my invitation to join us. We can help you, teach you, and unlock your true potential."

Kenora catches her breath and takes another step back. She prays that the bell above the door will ring. "Well, sir, I..I think you have the wrong person. I am only a simple worker in a bookstore, the only powers I have are wicked pricing gun powers."

The man chuckles taking a step forward. "We know all about your powers Ms. Ellicot. We feel they will be a perfect fit within our Organization." He reaches into his jacket pocket taking out a business card. He approaches Kenora again holding it out in front of him "Take this it will tell you where to find us."

She looks down at the card, not touching it. "Thank you for your offer sir, but I can assure that I am quite happy at my current place of employment. She feels a surge of her power coursing her body. *pain or paralyze...Pain, paralyze is for escaping only.

The man takes the last step forward "I don't believe you understand the opportunity you are passing up."

Kenora glares at him "Sir, I don't care what you are offering. If you do not leave now I will make you regret you didn't.

The man crosses his arms. "I would like to see you try."

Before he could react Kenora reaches out grabbing his arm. *easy you don't want to have to carry him out.* The man falls to his knees dropping the card. Kenora picks both up and pulls the crippled man to the door. She shoves him out not to gently. "Don't say I didn't warn you." She flicks the card on him, spins around reentering the store. She quickly locks it and hides behind the counter taking a few minutes to recover before opening the shop again.

Thank you leah
Mancers RP - Page 9 Turtle11
Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8th December 2010, 3:09 pm

Lily, Ivan, and Wyntre get into the elevator and make the descent to the lobby. When they step out, Trent is waiting for them, and he is accompanied by Elrich. Lily glances at Elrich, but otherwise makes no acknowlegement of him.

"Good morning, Ladies." Trent says, "And to you, young Ivan." He winks at the little boy who smiles at the attention, "I assume you all are hungry. Follow me, and I'll take you to the cafeteria."

Elrich walked passed them and stepped into the elevator, "Lily." He calls, and Lily turns to face him, showing nothing on her face but the wonder of what he might have to say to her, "I have some news that you might like to know. I'll meet you in the training room soon." He disappeared behind the elevator doors, and the two girls and Ivan followed Trent through the lobby into the cafeteria. It was small. There were a few small, round tables to sit at, and a buffet bar filled with a variety of breakfast foods.

"When you are done eating," Trent began, "Come find me, and we will begin training, and of course, Ms. Phillips, I will find someone to care for your brother while you train." He smiled, and bowed respecfully, "I should be in the lobby, but if for some reason I'm not, ask the receptionist, Judy, of my whereabouts, and she will call me. Enjoy your meal." And with that, he turned and left them alone.

Lily, Wyntre, and Ivan walked to the bar, grabbed some plates, and began piling food onto them. Lily had to help Ivan with his plate. All she could think about while she mindlessly put food on her plate was what news Elrich said he had for her. Was it about her parents? Did he find their whereabouts? He never specified if the news was good or bad...what if he found that their parents were dead?

Walking back to the table, it was as if Wyntre was reading her mind, "I wonder what news weirdo has to tell you..." She said, "I wonder if it's about your parents."

Lily began munching on a piece of bacon, "I suppose I'll find out soon enough..." She said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 9th December 2010, 1:32 am

Elrich stepped out of the elevator and headed to his sister's room. He waved the door open and went in. He smiled mischievously as he saw that his sister still asleep in bed. She never was an early riser.

He grimaced. Technically, before he had gotten his energy powers, neither was he. But now, provided he had an energy source, his body would go through a hyper energy recovery, allowing him to be fully rested after only a couple of hours' sleep. It came in handy for the long nights he had as Reticence and allowed for little suspicion about his identity. After all, everybody's gotta sleep, and if Reticence is mostly nocturnal, then obviously he sleeps all day.

He focused energy into his fingertips and converted it into electrical energy. She wanted to fight? He'd make sure she was fighting fit and sharp.

"Wakey, wakey, sis," he said as he jolted her with a sharp bolt of electricity.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina on 9th December 2010, 6:14 pm

*Cleo was enjoying a nice dream where she was performing some sort of dance routine where she was dodging electric bolts while flipping around. She seemed to be doing fine until one of the bolts hit her, sending her flying forward. As her dream faded to reality, she realized she was sitting up in bed now, looking at her brother*

Cleo: "What the... huh?"

*Cleo examines her brother's hand and notices that he had shocked her in her sleep. Thinking that he did that just to bug her, she sighs calmly, then steps out of bed*

Cleo: "Yes, Boss? How may I help you this fine morning?"

Mancers RP - Page 9 Nn9YMMancers RP - Page 9 5v4OqMancers RP - Page 9 JI0PIMancers RP - Page 9 QKnbe

Mancers RP - Page 9 LoZSigg

Spoiler:
I've claimed: LadyTwi, Sercan, Death the Kid from Soul Eater, Fina from Skies of Arcadia, Stiyl from Toaru Majutsu no Index, Byakuya Kuchiki and Abarai Renji from Bleach, Beat from Eternal Sonata, Freed from Fairy Tail, Tails from the Sonic Series, and Luigi from the Mario Series

I've co-claimed: Leah7
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 9th December 2010, 6:52 pm

Reticence smiled at his sister's calm acceptance of his prank. Apparently she'd done more growing than he thought in the past few months. Getting gravely injured will do that to you.

"I don't know about the 'boss' crap, but seeing as you're so determined to fight, I've decided to take a personal interest in your progress. I've already lined out a schedule for your training. You are to proceed to the cafeteria and join the others for breakfast. From there, you will report to the training grounds as you begin your new exercise regimen and martial arts training. If you really want this, sis, you better prove it to me. You'll get no free ride or special treatment. When you're done training, report to the think tank in the 3rd sub basement. Right now they're working on a way to miniaturize the Mancer cloaking technology for field use. Good luck."

He turned and left her room; next on his list was Lily Philips.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina on 9th December 2010, 7:14 pm

*Cleo sighs as she watches Reticence leave her room*
Cleo: "Good morning brother! How are you?" (Normal Voice)
"Good! How are you, sis?" (Mock-Reticence Voice)
"Great, now that you are back to normal!" (Normal Voice)

*She looks up at the door blankly, then, after changing out of her pajamas, walks out and down to the cafeteria. She scans the crowd, wondering where she should sit. She gets some bacon and eggs and scans the tables, deciding to settle down at an empty table. Geez... Having a friend I know well would be nice right about now... she thinks to herself*

Mancers RP - Page 9 Nn9YMMancers RP - Page 9 5v4OqMancers RP - Page 9 JI0PIMancers RP - Page 9 QKnbe

Mancers RP - Page 9 LoZSigg

Spoiler:
I've claimed: LadyTwi, Sercan, Death the Kid from Soul Eater, Fina from Skies of Arcadia, Stiyl from Toaru Majutsu no Index, Byakuya Kuchiki and Abarai Renji from Bleach, Beat from Eternal Sonata, Freed from Fairy Tail, Tails from the Sonic Series, and Luigi from the Mario Series

I've co-claimed: Leah7
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 9th December 2010, 8:06 pm

Elrich walked into the cafeteria to where Lily sat eating with her brother and Wyntre. When he made it to the table, Lily looked up at him expectantly.

"I did some digging last night," he told her immediately. "And while I have been unable to get much in the way of specifics, I can tell you two things: First, your parents are alive. And second, they're somewhere in the city."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10th December 2010, 12:18 am

Vic was feeling tense. He was not used to so many Mancers being around. It made him tense because it usually either meant that he was fighting the Organization or he was having a family reunion, and both were stressful not to mention dangerous.
Finally, another attendant walked up to Vic and held out his hand.
"Hello, I'm Trent. Master Henry said you would be here at some point. We've been expecting you, Master Peloso." He said with a smile.

Vic eyed him for a moment and shook his hand when he felt no reason not to.
"Yeah, sure. Call me Vic."

Trent turned to Victoria and his smile broadened a bit, "And who is this charming lady you brought with you?"
Victoria took his hand as he offered it, and he went to give a quick kiss to her hand, but she snatched it away. She was not in the mood for flirts of any type, polite or not.
"No, call him Ludo. I'm Victoria Campana so I go by Vic now and again. It's confusing."

Trent gave a little bow to her, "As you wish. Master Peloso and Madame Campana. Elrich Henry is right this way."
Victoria gave a sneer to Vic as they followed Trent to the cafeteria, "Told you Reticence was Elrich Henry. You never believed me."
Vic just rolled his eyes and grumbled.

Trent walked up to Elrich and the others.
"A Master Peloso and Madame Campana here to see you." He said with a quick duck of his head and then turned on his heel and left.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 10th December 2010, 3:17 am

Elrich raised an eyebrow, all he let show of his surprise, as Trent introduced the pair and left. He smiled and nodded.

"Well met, Peloso," he said. "Though to be honest, I figured I wouldn't see you for a few days yet. I take it you got the information you wanted out of the man you took with you?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10th December 2010, 12:40 pm

"It's Vic. Just call me Vic." He said.
"And yes, I-"

"Ludo." Victoria hissed under her breath and Vic's eyes narrowed with anger and he stopped speaking.
He waited a moment, and when Victoria did not say anything else he continued.
"Ronnie won't be able to move like normal for a while, but I got what I needed outta him. Ciro is supposed to be moved from one Organization facility to another soon. If I can just fig'r out exactly when the transfer is gonna happen I might try an' intercept their transit."
Victoria groaned, "You need more information than that. He's marked high priority. There's no telling what kind of heat they'll be packing."
"That's why we are here, thick-skulled harpy." He grumbled at her.
Victoria gave him a look and then looked away from him stubbornly. She knew he knew what she meant. He was never prepared enough. Even if he got some more details from Elrich, he'd just go out an make a mess of things.

Vic ignored Victoria and he could not help but look around at the other people in the cafeteria.
"Ah, you start a school or babysitting job or sumthin'? Who are all these kids?" He said motioning to Lily and the others.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10th December 2010, 3:16 pm

Lily's heart skipped a beat when Elrich told her the news, although she showed no emotion on her face. She cleared her throat, and opened her mouth to reply, but was interrupted by Trent, who introduced two new people he had with him, Master Peloso and Madame Campana.

Elrich's attention was taken away from the topic at hand as he turned to the new comers and they delved into conversation. She shrugged, and began eating the rest of what was left on her plate. The news was exciting, her parents were alive, and they were somewhere in this city, but it wasn't like she could just run out immediately and go to them. For one thing, the city was huge, and they could be anywhere. Secondly, though Elrich was a jerk, and Lily didn't think much of him, he was right about her not being strong enough to fight. She could barely take on 3 mancers yesterday, let alone a whole building full.

Deciding she was finished eating, and eager to start training so she could get stronger as soon as possible so she could do something to find her parents, she pushed her plate away from her. Ivan was still enjoying a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. She looked at Wyntre, "Almost done? I'm ready to start...but I don't want to rush you. Take your time."

The new guy, Master Peloso, caught her attention with his last statement: "Ah, you start a school or babysitting job or sumthin'? Who are all these kids?"

She threw him a brief glare, and thought to herself, "Great. Another big shot, like Elrich." She turned her gaze to Elrich, wearing a sarcastic smile, waiting for him to respond.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 10th December 2010, 6:42 pm

Elrich cocked his head back and laughed. "Though their behavior may evidence the contrary, no. This place is a haven for all Mancers. A place for them to take shelter from the Organization, to learn what their powers are, and to train them if they so wish. We only ask that you keep the peace."

He motioned to Lily and the others. "This is Lily Phillips, her brother Ivan, and her friend Wyntre Syrrann. They are recently come to the Haven along with a few others that haven't gotten up yet. Each have had their own dealings with the Org and are recovering."

At the last statement, he looked at Wyntre, trying to look like he wasn't. Information about Lily hadn't been the only thing he'd found at Trouble Inc. When he had glanced about the laboratory, Wyntre's name had come up. It left him wondering how to broach the subject with her.

"Oh," he said in afterthought, "and the sulky one over there is my sister Cleopatra Henry. Call her Cleo and she'll claw your eyes out," he added with a broad grin. "DeWayne learned that the hard way."

Elrich became serious. "Your intel, I'm afraid, may be dated," Elrich continued, taking on a more concerned tone. "Ronnie was an underling and not very high on the food chain. Your brother's already been moved. And from what I've pieced together, they're using him for a lab rat to understand your powers of aura manipulation. The files I found didn't go into specifics, but it looks like they're using the information to create a device that can lock onto the aura of all Mancers. A very dangerous weapon in the hands of the Org. I'm afraid it means the trick you used at Trouble Inc. last night will no longer work: they'll be able to tell you're a Mancer."

Before Ludo could reply, Trent and DeWayne burst into the room, charging straight for Elrich.

"El! El!" they both exclaimed excitedly.

"C'mon!" Trent said urgently. "It's time! It's time! I called! They're there!"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 11th December 2010, 1:44 am

*Wyntre nods respectfully to the newcomers when Elrich introduces them and she ponders over the failed attempt of Elrich to affect not looking at her. Was that concern in his expression?! she thinks with momentary shock. She shrugs it off; if he has something to say, he'll get to it eventually. The weirdo.*

"I'm pretty much done," she tells Lily, "we have much to discuss."

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 11th December 2010, 12:19 pm

Elrich cocked an eyebrow and looked at Trent and DeWayne bemusedly. DeWayne was a pretty excitable person, while only one thing ever got Trent this bouncy.

"Ahh," he said realizing, "the books are in."

"Of course it's the books!" Trent growled impatiently. "What else do you think would get us..."

He stopped short and Elrich smiled at him as Trent realized how his excitement might be miscontrued. He massaged his temples, collected himself, then turned to the others.

"Forgive my hasty intrusion," he intoned formally, "I forgot myself. There is no alarm other than haste needed of a personal nature. Master Henry, if you would be so kind as to Join Master McFadden and myself, we have a run we need to make."

Elrich smirked and folded his arms. "Master O'Reilly," Elrich says in his best Trent impression, "you seem to be forgetting you have duties to the young ladies at the table, and I believe they're done. Syrrann," he added, looking at her, "talk to Trent."

He shot Trent a look. Trent nodded understanding; Elrich couldn't appear too helpful or they'd stop thinking of him as the enemy.

"We have files on Water and Ice Mancers and their capabilities," Trent explained. "Some you may already know, others you might not, and instructional videos on how to do them. Master Henry here has fought and allied himself with many types and taken advantage of that knowledge. If you're all done, please accompany me to the training room."

There was an impatient glint in his eye; Trent was still set on the comics. However, he was not letting it interfere with his professionalism.

"Cindy!" he called.

An attendant came forward with rosy cheeks, dark brown hair and eyes. She dipped her head.

"You called, Trent?" she said in a friendly voice.

"Yes," he began. "I need you to take young Master Phillips to the daycare if you don't mind, as well as get Master Peloso and his charming friend Madame Campana squared away in lodgings."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11th December 2010, 3:26 pm

The news about Ronnie not having updated information was aggravating, but at least he knew that now before trying to go out and make a fool of himself. The revelation that they were using Ciro's power to design an aura-targeting device made him clench his jaw.
"I can't believe them. The p***ks won't be doing this much longer. I'll make sure of it." He said more to himself than the people around him.

Suddenly, Trent and an expressive black man rushed into the cafeteria excitedly.
Vic was a bit confused at their outburst.
Is there some sort of situation? What's going on? He wondered.
Elrich stifled the excitement and they moved on to tell the women about training and then something about lodgings for him and Victoria.
"Woah, wait a sec, no I'm not stayin' here. I jus' came for info, Elrich. I- we're not part of this you have going on here. Victoria and I will only stay for a day or two at most. Then we move."
He said and motioned around the caf. He then looked at Elrich with a stony expression.
"If what you're saying 'bout my brother is true, then all I'm lacking is a brief rundown of how I can get there and get in. I'll bust in tonight if I must. I will not have Ciro at there mercy much longer!"
He finished with a growl and slammed his fist on a table. It rocked with the impact and startled some of the people there.

Victoria took a step back from him, but her face was not scared, she was angry, "You're too hotblooded. You won't save Ciro by getting killed." She said with disgust at his impatience.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11th December 2010, 7:00 pm

Lily stood up, not really listening to everyone else. She collected her tray, and began walking away, but the Peloso character caught her attention with his out burst. She walked back to the table, facing him.

"Wait...the organization has your brother?" She asked, "They have my parents! If you're going in a few days, take me with you! I'll help you find your brother, and we can find my parents too!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 11th December 2010, 10:46 pm

"While I can appreciate the need to charge in headlong--" Elrich began.

"Yeah, since you are the epitome of it," Trent commented.

"--when did I ever say I knew where the laboratory was?" he finished, shooting a sharp glance toward Trent.

"Computer," Elrich began, "display file concerning Laboratory M from Trouble Inc. records."

Instantly, a holographic image pulled up of the file in question as several pages and images cascaded horizontally in front of him. "It's fragmented," he pointed out, though it was painstakingly obvious. "As I've been telling Ms. Phillips here, the Organization has gotten much more clever since I last tangled with it. The information lies in bits and pieces between their satellite bases. And there are many, all hidden I might add," he said pointedly in Peloso's direction.

"However, Lilly," he continued, turning to her, "you were right in assuming that the lab and your parents are connected. As you can see, Dr.s Phillips is mentioned. It's my belief that they're at this facility, but as to their involvement there, I can't yet ascertain."

"And this thing," Elrich said with a cold voice, yet impassive face, "is exactly what I said it was. I don't fully know your background, but <I have no agendas, friend, and I'm not raising soldiers. So far I've done the fighting and I'm quite content to keep it that way so these kids can lead their lives unmolested. Despite their own intentions to throw them away.>"

"However, whether you stay or go is your own affair."

Elrich was content to leave it at that, but Trent, always the talker, needed to make the sell, as it were.

"But keep this in mind," he began. "You're safe here from the Organization. They can't detect this place, or Mancers. You won't have to worry about attack here and can actually sleep without feeling hunted. And how much is a good night's sleep worth?"

"I'd propose a collaboration," Elrich said. "My resources here are better than yours, so your chances of finding your brother fastest lie with me."

A beeping in his ear caught his attention. "Hold on a minute," he said to everyone, holding up a finger. "Speak to me."

"Elrich!" came a husky voice. "It's me! Sam!"

The voice was that of Samuel Diggs, a beat cop in the city and a good friend of Elrich's. He was also one of many contacts he had in the various precincts in the city. He was a good man and an even better cop. Political factions in the city what they were, though, kept him from getting the promotions he deserved. Currently his voice sounded apprehensive.

"What's wrong?" Elrich asked.

"We've got trouble," Sam said. "Serious trouble. And by we, I mean you. I sent you a file on that encrypted channel, have you gotten it yet?"

"Let me check. Computer, display file sent by Cornwallis."

Instantly, the files of the Trouble Inc. disappeared and new files came up. Elrich scrolled through them quickly.

"This is...troubling."

"I'll say," Sam agreed. "I've been checking out the warrants on these people. They're all Mancers. And some of them are good, honest people that've never committed a crime in their life. Some of the others I don't know, but I can see a trend."

"Indeed. So can I."

"And that's not all," he added. "There have been weird goings on lately at the precinct. I'd hate to think there's corruption, but I can only think money's changing hands somewhere, and well above my head at that. There have been recent changes in management, and people who don't play ball have been finding themselves transferred or in the most demeaning positions available."

"It would corroborate with other reports of the same I've received and give confirmation to my own recent suspicions. We should meet."

"Can you be at MacGregor's Park in about 30?"

"I can."

"See you then, I gotta go. Bye."

There was a click, and Elrich turned to regard Peloso a little more gravely.

"I think you may want to reconsider the duration of that stay," he told him. "Computer, pull up the images in 150%."

Immediately, files came up of several images of different people. Among them were a few familiar faces: Peloso and his companion, as well as Lilly, Wyntre, and the others.

"There's an APB on the lot of you. For immediate arrest and capture on sight. They're being spread to every hotel and place of business in the city. This confirms some of my worst suspicions. They've not only infested my city, but they got the city officials bought and paid for."

Elrich felt heat rising off his face and hoped that his anger wasn't showing. They'd come in and right under his nose. They would go down, and go down hard.

"I don't have time for this!" he growled, losing to his anger. "All of you do whatever it is you're going to do. And Lilly," he added turning to her. "If you want in when I find and raid the laboratory, then you better train and train well, cause I don't babysit and I don't have time to hold your hand."

Trent's eyes shot wide. "You're actually going to let her fight with you?"

Elrich regarded him severely. "They dropped a building on my sister, Trent, so I know a thing or two about them screwing with family. And I'd deny nobody a chance to get their family."

With that he turned and left, heading to go get his gear and prepare for war.

( <> Indicate he was speaking in Italian)

Last edited by EphPhoenix on 16th December 2010, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13th December 2010, 8:55 pm

Lily stood speechless as she watched Elrich leave the room. She mentally voiced what Trent had verbally voiced in shock, He's inviting me to fight with him? She didn't even register his rude babysitting comment. Without thinking much about it, she ran after him.

"Elrich...wait!" She called after him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum