Afterimage

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Afterimage - Page 2 Empty Afterimage

Post by Guest on 23rd November 2010, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Time and time again the clock ticked out the seconds to pile up to minutes which would stretch into hours. Listless and void of solid thought a young woman with white hair cut short and sharp, just shy of her shoulders, stood and tapped the toe of her high heel in time to the tick-tock of the silver-framed clock. Her ocean blue eyes blinked as she broke from her daze and looked over to the man evaluating her.

"I am just so, so, so tired." She said with a drawn out sigh and heavily put her right palm on her forehead in aggravation.

She rubbed her hand against her skin and felt a bit of sweat. Thinking about what plagued her made her fretful.

"You can sit you know. It is better to relax." Her psychiatrist told her in a soft voice.

He was mid-thirties, clean shaven, soft gray eyes, neatly trimmed brown hair, curved jaw, and his face was always so emotionless but in a reassuring way. It made the woman a little agitated though. He was too hard to gauge. Was he actually relating with his clients or did he just pretend to so he could get his paycheck?

"No, I need to walk it out to talk it out. You know? I just can't sit still."

"Okay then. Let's go over some of what you told me last time, Pandora. You are 21 now, but you still have reoccurring dreams which have happened as far back as you can remember. These dreams are not nightmares in the usual sense, but they do disturb you and keep you from feeling rested when you wake up. This is your main concern, right?"

Pandora listened for a moment and nodded as he finished, "Yes Dr. Celier that sums it up."

He continued, "You have told me about your family and some of your past, but I still have not been able to grasp the cause of this problem. I think it would be beneficial for both of us if you tell me your thoughts on the source of these dreams."

"That's what I'm coming to YOU for! YOU'RE supposed to tell me!" She snipped as she pointed accusingly at him. Her other hand perched angrily on her hip.

He did not react like she thought he would. His face remained impassive and he watched her movements. She was just a subject to analyze; an item of study. She had tried many different ways to get an emotional response from him, but he was just too composed. She pulled her gaze from him and her heels tapped furiously as she walked wildly through the small room.

"Keep calm. This is only our third session together, and you know yourself better than I do. If you tell me what you think about the problem, what you say might give me insight on what approach to take." He told her after he let her pace around the room a few times.

"I... yeah. Sorry. The stress and lack of sleep has been getting to me." She replied and finally sat down on the edge of the patient's couch.

She tucked her legs under her and pressed a hand on the edge of her purple skirt modestly. She was still very tense and her feet fidgeted.

"When I even think about the dream I get anxious. The feelings from the dream follow me into the waking world. I've thought about causes for the dream itself. I have. But I have little basis to go on. It's not due to life stresses now because the dream has happened ever since I was little. The whiteness is just there. Always. I thought it might just represent something I am afraid of, but the white itself is soothing and familiar. Still, something scares me and the fear is so oppressive sometimes it chokes me. I wake up sputtering and coughing. None of my family members are that scary. No one I know now or knew when I was young made me feel like that. It has to be more symbolic than literal. But I've always liked the color white. I don't understand why it would have such a bad feeling to it."

Dr. Celier nodded his head maybe a quarter inch, "Yes. I have something to go on now."

He tapped his pen on the paper he using to jot down his notes, "You said you like the color white. Is that why you bleach your hair?"

Pandora's eyes widened in surprise, but they quickly burned into rage, "How dare you assume that! This is my natural hair color!"

Dr. Celier actually blinked with muted surprise, "White is not a n-"

"Don't tell me what is natural! I am borderline albino and this is how my hair has looked since birth so why don't you psychoanalyze someone else because I am through for today!" She talked over him and jumped up from the couch.

It did not matter to her that she had 10 minutes left on the clock. Dr. Celier was just like everyone else: presumptuous, self-involved, and lacking in personality.

Pandora stormed out and left the office. She immediately began to feel bad. It was rare for her to blow up like that, but she had always been picked on about her hair. People always made assumptions. She could not worry about all that though. She had to get to work.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Afterimage - Page 2 Empty Re: Afterimage

Post by Guest on 4th December 2010, 11:41 pm

Pandora dropped by the purple girl's table with her Dr. Pepper and some rolls.
"Anything else you need?" She asked.
When the girl shook her head, Pandora went to Thomas' table and put down the check.
"I hope you find your friend." She told him in a sincere tone.
"Thanks, you've been more than helpful." He told her as he got up.
"I'm not sure what I did, but I'm glad I could help." She said gratefully.
Thomas walked out quickly right after he paid.

"Pandora. Hey that group needs to be served." Tricia snapped at her. Her brown hair was pulled into a pony tail as per usual and her attitude stunk just like usual.
"You could have taken it Trish." Pandora told her with a confused air.
"I have too much on my hands." She said rudely and pushed past her.
Pandora looked at her and mouthed, "Really?"

Pandora walked over to Yumiko's table. The girls were chatting merrily, but they quieted down as she brought out her pen.

"So what would you all like?" She asked them with a real smile.
"Well at least you are nice." One of the girls said.
Pandora sighed, "Trish has a brick on her shoulder. Sorry for the lack of service. Just tell me what you want. I'll make sure the chefs know you have been waiting and they'll bump you up on the list." She said with a wink.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina on 5th December 2010, 3:09 am

*Mei smiled at the rolls before gently picking one up, tearing a piece off of it, then popping it into her mouth. The taste explodes in her mouth. She lets a relaxing sigh out after she swallows the section of the roll, then begins to chow down on the rest of them, each disappearing in a matter of seconds*

"Wow... These are delicious!" Mei chuckles to herself. "I should come here more often!"

Last edited by Fina on 5th December 2010, 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 5th December 2010, 9:31 am

Leilani laughs "It is not like I haven't had many of those night." She cleans off some papers from the desk, and checks her watch. "Lia, I get off in about an hour. I don't know if you have any plans tonight, and feel free to say no. I was thinking we can do something." She peers over by the finally clean childrens section. "Something a little low key? After today the last people I want to be with are kids and coworkers. What do you think?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you leah
Afterimage - Page 2 Turtle11
Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 5th December 2010, 1:28 pm

"Oh, heck yes, I'm so for it. I can read while I'm hear and chat enough with you so won't get in trouble with superiors and then we can get away from stupid people! After the day I've had, I could use some sanity in my day." Lia jumps a little excitedly with an energetic grin on her face. Then, she calms immediately and laughs at herself, "I am such a nerd."

Afterimage - Page 2 Zedsig11
Click here to get started on GtR!
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5th December 2010, 3:49 pm

Emily smiles at Pandora, "My friend here," she pats Yumiko on the back, "and I would love the chicken mushroom alfredo, please." She turned to Yumiko, "What would you like to drink?"

Yumiko blushed slightly as all eyes turned to her. She hated being in the spotlight..."Eto*....a coke is fine..." she said. She watched as the white haired waitress scribbled it down into her little notepad. For some reason, Yumiko was having a little bit of trouble reading her emotions, but she seemed like she was in an okay mood.

"And I'll have sweet peach iced tea, please!"

The other girls ordered their food, and Pandora jotted it down. She looked at all of them, "Is there anything else?"

"Could we have an order of garlic bread sticks?" Kayla asked.

"Sure." Pandora wrote it down.

"Oh!" Emily exclaimed, "Also...when you get a chance...would you mind singing to us? Yumiko," she looked at Yumiko with a smile, "Has never eaten here, and we want her to hear your awesome voice!"

EDIT: (forgot to put the meaning for the word I used! XD) *Eto = Let's see (used when contemplating something or trying to decide on something)

Last edited by Rika on 6th December 2010, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 6th December 2010, 12:37 pm

Leilani watches as Lia grabs the closest stool by the coffee area. Excited about her plans she gets back to checking in the never ending pile of books. Before long one of her coworkers sneaks up behind her, poking her sides and making her jump. "So my dear Lani, are you going to take me up on my offer or break my heart once again?"

Leilani lets out a little screech, and slaps on of the hands from her side. She spins around facing a young man. "Prescott don't sneak up on my like that! As a matter of face I do have plans for tonight." She quickly glances over at Lia "And I really doubt your heart will suffer too long."

Prescott puts his hand on his chest in an exaggerated manner "Dear Lani, you wound me. All I want to do is help a pretty girl get adjusted to life in the big city."

Leilani rolls her eyes "Save your lines for the girls you'll be hitting on tonight." She pushes the a cart full of books that have been checked in "If you really want to be helpful, put these back on the shelves." She turns back around catching Lia watching the interaction. She leans over to her "See what I mean, and he is one of the less persistent ones."

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 6th December 2010, 1:32 pm

Lia smiles with an evil grin on her face. Looking over at the persistent flirt with a gleam in her eye, her evil smile grows a little wider before she looks back at Leilani with a stifled giggle.

"Well, if he keeps bugging you.......I can 'take care of him for you' and get him to move his interests somewhere else, if you'd like." Lia says with a teasing, wicked tone. "He won't be hard to handle at all."

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 6th December 2010, 8:22 pm

Leilani stifles a giggle "As much as I would like to see you in action Lia, he is perfectly harmless. However if you are that desperate for a date, I can introduce you to him." With a wicked smile on her face she turns around "Hey Prescott, can you come over her for a second?" She ignores the tugging on her shirt as Prescott approaches.

He saunters over to the two young ladies, "Yes, Lani?"

Lani turns around glancing slyly at Lia before grabbing another book. "Here is another one to put away, thank you."

She turns back to Lia not able to hold back the laughter

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 7th December 2010, 1:16 am

Lia gives her friend the glare while smiling, the evil never leaving it. Raising her voice she says: "Really, Lielani? You have a crush on him? We should talk about this.....really."

A look of astonishment covers Lielani's face as Prescott looks back at the two of them. Lia smiles a little more devilishly and saves her friend in return. "So, Marcus is his name, right? What kind of name is that, anyway?"

Prescott shakes his head and walks away with the book, looking a little disappointed. Lia giggles again, almost feeling sorry for the desperate boy's feelings. She knew better, though. It wasn't his heart that she shattered....just his ego. He's flirted with a many girl, that's common knowledge.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 8th December 2010, 8:08 pm

Leilani rolled her eyes at her friend. "You know now we are going to have to find a guy to play Marcus. " She looks over her shoulder at Prescott "You know I do feel a bit sorry for him. He is just a bit flirty"

She looks down at her watch. "Oh time for me to punch out! Wait here and think of where we are going tonight, I will be right back!"

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 9th December 2010, 12:01 am

Lia shrugs and waits for Leilani to clock out, trying to decide where to go. The park? Hastings? Probably the park. Not many people will be there.

She stands up and waits at the library door until Leilani gets there.

"So....all I can think of is the park or hastings. I'd prefer the park. How 'bout you?"

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina on 9th December 2010, 7:25 pm

*A few minutes after eating all of the rolls, a waiter comes out and serves her food to her. She thanks him with a smile, and begins to dig in after he walks away. After taking her first bite, she has to force herself from letting out a sigh of pleasure. A smile spreads across her face as she tears into the food. It's gone in a few minutes, and, a few seconds after that, the Dr. Pepper cup was empty, as well*

Mei: "Ahhhh!!! That was fantastic! I have to eat here more often!"

*She then sits quietly, waiting for her waitress to pass by so that she could have her check her out*

Afterimage - Page 2 Nn9YMAfterimage - Page 2 5v4OqAfterimage - Page 2 JI0PIAfterimage - Page 2 QKnbe

Afterimage - Page 2 LoZSigg

Spoiler:
I've claimed: LadyTwi, Sercan, Death the Kid from Soul Eater, Fina from Skies of Arcadia, Stiyl from Toaru Majutsu no Index, Byakuya Kuchiki and Abarai Renji from Bleach, Beat from Eternal Sonata, Freed from Fairy Tail, Tails from the Sonic Series, and Luigi from the Mario Series

I've co-claimed: Leah7
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10th December 2010, 1:16 am

[Sorry for the wait. I had a post typed out two days ago on here and accidently x-ed out of the window and lost it. Made me so angry, and usually I paste it in Word to cover accidents like that. Jeez.]

Pandora jotted down the girl's orders and smiled warmly when one told her that she needed to sing for Yumiko.
"Certainly, now I have your orders and I already have a song in mind. Just let me put those in and I'll be back with drinks and a song." She finished with a wink and walked off quickly.

As she went to put the orders in she heard a hiss. Confused she looked around. Then she heard a voice. She stiffened when she realized who was talking to her.
"Dr. Celier!?" She said and turned around to look.
She spotted him near the side entrance and walked over to him in a rush. Her shoulders were hunched as she went. She had no idea why he would seek her out at work, but it embarrassed her. It's not like she wanted her co-workers to know she was seeing a psychiatrist.

Dr. Celier's face was as immovable as a tombstone, but he was dry-washing his hands nervously.
"Dr. Celier, I am at work. What do you want?" She asked in a low voice.
"I wanted to tell you I am sorry." Dr. Celier said.
Pandora blinked with a bit of surprise and then shrugged, "Oh, I was just being touchy. I appreciate the gesture, but you don't have to apologize for that, or come to my workplace to do so."
Dr. Celier shot a flash of a smile at her, "No, it was unprofessional of me to make such an assumption. I just wanted you to know that I care. Oh and call me Hubert. Dr. Celier seems too formal."
Pandora was even more surprised. She made sure not to stare at him.
Did he actually smile? And he wants me to use his first name? She pondered.
"Okay then, apology accepted, Hubert. Now can you go or at least order something?" She said with a grin to let him know she was just playing with him.
Dr. Celier did not grin back, "I will go. Thank you." He said to her politely and then walked out.

Pandora shook her head as she resumed her route to the order kiosk.
"I swear that man smiled." She said to herself.
She filled up the drinks and went to bring them to the girl's table.
On her way she felt something strange. It started in her stomach and it made her knees weak. Startled, she found herself falling over and she dropped the drinks all over the floor. It felt like she was falling for ages. Flashes of light flew before her eyes and then all she saw was darkness.

"Are you okay?" She heard another waitress, Debbie, ask her.
Pandora blinked and the darkness slowly ebbed out of her vision. She was sitting on the floor and the drinks were spilled all around her.
"I think... I don't know." She replied in a daze.
"Do you need an ambulance? You look paler than usual." Debbie asked with concern.
Pandora stood shakily and was embarrassed when she saw people staring at her.
"No... no ambulance. I'm fine." She said.
Debbie grabbed her arm, "Okay, but you go home now. I'll cover for you."
Pandora's face relaxed and she gave a weak smile to Debbie.
"Thanks. But I need to sing for those girls over there." She said and pointed.
Debbie moved in front of her, "Go home, Pan. Your health comes before work."
Pandora knew she was not going to get by her.
"Alright, alright. Fine. I'll go." She said and walked off.

It seemed a blur as she put up her work apron and drove home.
Soon she was at her small, one-bedroom house and was in bed before she even checked the clock. The feeling was still there in her stomach. It was that same feeling she got when she dreamed. Cold dread welling up inside her. Her heart felt weak. It beat against her ribs at a hundred beats per minute.

"I just have to try and calm down." She said to herself.
But as she turned out the lights and laid down those flashes passed again before her eyes and the darkness blotted out everything, even the light that shone a bit through the bedroom window. She closed her eyes and tried not to panic. The coldness in her stomach seemed to be eating into her. Her palms sweat and she trembled. Pulling the covers close trying to keep warm she huddled there and tried to relax.

She felt something in the back of her head and it was like a trigger. Suddenly she burst into tears. She cried uncontrollably for what seemed like hours until she finally passed out from exhaustion.

Last edited by treomatos on 10th December 2010, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10th December 2010, 3:37 pm

Yumiko sat at the table, waiting patiently for her meal. The other girls were talking about something she wasn't really paying attention to.

She noted a strange feeling of uncomfortableness, and looked around to see the white haired waitress talking to a very strange man. There was something....odd about him...she could feel it, but she didn't know what. They didn't talk long, and then the man left. Yumiko eyed him suspiciously as he left the restaurant, walked by the window, and then disappeared around the corner. Not even a minute or so after the strange encounter, Yumiko felt a strange sensation that made her gasp aloud, and all the girls stopped talking to look at her with puzzled expressions. Then there was a clatter and everyone turned to see the white haired waitress fall to the ground, dropping a tray of drinks on the floor as she collapsed.

"Oh my gosh!" Emily cried, she stood up suddenly as if she would run over and help, but many other waitresses started surrounding the white haired woman, so Emily decided to remain where she was.

Everyone in the restaurant was staring as the waitresses helped the white haired woman up off the ground, and few other workers began cleaning up the mess. Yumiko turned away, feeling embarrassed for the woman...falling and then having everyone stare at you was humiliating, although the biggest emotion she was feeling at the moment was concern, which meant that everyone, or most of everyone, was very concerned for her.

They watched as the white haired waitress left the restaurant. Yumiko wondered if she would be okay...

A new waitress approached their table after about ten minutes of the whole ordeal. She had a tray of drinks with her. As she laid them down in front of everyone, she said, "I'm very sorry, but...Pandora won't be able to sing for you at the moment. We've sent her home."

"What happened? Is she okay?" Emily asked in concern.

"She will be fine. She just got light headed." The waitress said, but Yumiko wasn't sure that that was the real reason... "Anyway," The waitress said, "Your order is almost done." She smiled, "We will have it out momentarily. Sorry for any inconvenience." And then she walked away.

"Well...that sucks." Emily sighed. She turned to Yumiko, "I really wanted you to hear her sing..."

"It is okay." Yumiko smiled, "Restaurant will be here for a long time. We will come back."

Emily nodded and smiled, "Sure!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 10th December 2010, 4:08 pm

Leilani shrugs at Lia "where ever is fine with me. You know the city better than I do. First let's get something to eat. And since I dragged you out with me, my treat."

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina on 10th December 2010, 5:13 pm

After watching Pandora leave, another waitress approaches Mei, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Your original waitress won't be serving you now. We sent her home due to her getting light headed. Would you like for me to check you out?"

Mei looks up at her, smiles, then nods. After being checked out, she walks out of the restaurant and looks from left to right, trying to decide where she should go. To her left, she sees some more restaurants, and, to her right, she sees a park. "That park seems to be empty. This means that it will be the perfect place to relax!" Mei ponders aloud. After coming to the conclusion of relaxing there, she begins to walk towards the park, and look of satisfaction spread across her face.

Afterimage - Page 2 Nn9YMAfterimage - Page 2 5v4OqAfterimage - Page 2 JI0PIAfterimage - Page 2 QKnbe

Afterimage - Page 2 LoZSigg

Spoiler:
I've claimed: LadyTwi, Sercan, Death the Kid from Soul Eater, Fina from Skies of Arcadia, Stiyl from Toaru Majutsu no Index, Byakuya Kuchiki and Abarai Renji from Bleach, Beat from Eternal Sonata, Freed from Fairy Tail, Tails from the Sonic Series, and Luigi from the Mario Series

I've co-claimed: Leah7
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11th December 2010, 4:26 pm

[Before meeting with Pandora]

Hubert Celier met with his other patients. A couple who both obsessed over collectables to the point that they had a problem, a young black girl who had some traumatic family experiences, and a 72 year old hypochondriac who always wanted Dr. Celier to prescribe him a variety of pills. After their sessions were over he felt satisfied and left for the evening. He still had this nagging feeling that he was not getting anywhere with his patients though. It bugged him as he got into his car. It gnawed on his conscience and he felt like he should do something.
But what? What can I do? He thought.
He kept playing the session with Pandora in his head. She was always so wound up when she talked to him, and it was not just because of her dreams. She did not like him. She could not relate to him. He already knew why.
I am too guarded, too composed. She does not like my lack of expression.
But therein was a problem. He always had trouble relating emotions not just outwardly, but inwardly. It was not that he even suppressed emotions, but more so that they were strange to him, foreign even. It was the whole reason for his lack of progress.

"I have to do something, anything." He said as he turned his Toyota Camry on the next exit. He was headed to Bertolli's. Pandora would still be there. He could talk to her and make amends.
Wow... I've never done anything this impulsive before. He thought, but he did not grin or feel excited like most people would. He just played out scenarios of what might happen in his head.

-He enters Bertolli's and has his conversation with Pandora.-

After he walked out Hubert felt strange. It was unusual for him to go to such lengths to connect with a person. It certainly went against the policies of psychiatrists. It looked bad to track a patient down just to talk to him or her.
Still... he felt better for some reason. He was not sure why, but he wanted Pandora to trust him. Relate to him.
He stopped walking and the little grin that had crept up on his face was wiped clean off like chalk off a board.
Not patients? Just Pandora? He thought, and a nervous feeling pent up in his chest.
No I want to help my patients and connect to all of them. I just wanted to start with Pandora. He argued in his head.
But he had to accept his train of thought. Pandora was the reason he was bothered. He wanted to connect to her not to all his patients. She was the change that had made him do something contrary to his nature.
What is happening to me? Do I like her? He thought.
It would explain why he suddenly felt lonely before in his office.

His face knotted up in confusion, but even that slid off his face after a moment.
It was not adding up. There was something about Pandora, but he was not sure what she meant to him. He had to analyze his own thoughts more.

Lost in thought, Hubert did not notice something was following him. He got in his Camry and drove out towards his house. That something was already in his car coiling in on itself happily as it sat in the back seat. It's wispy form full of mouths and teeth smiled. It chuckled to itself. Quills sprung out of its ephemeral body and its eyes opened to glint from the passing lights. The slitted pupils took in everything around it.

Hubert snapped to attention when he heard something, and he lowered his rear-view mirror a little. Not noticing anything though he returned his attention to the road and his thoughts.

A wild tail whipped out of the small form and the many mouths melded into one. It's coiling motion was causing it to grow and seem more solid. Hubert parked his car and walked to his garage entrance. His house was more than comfortable with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a spacious kitchen and foyer, and a fine living room not to mention modern decor. He unlocked the door and walked in.

The form of the creature following him slid effortlessly through the locked car. And it glided into the house. It was growing by the second; becoming more and more physical. It's claws clicked on the floor and its grin spread across its face.
Hubert's reddish brown labrador, Gogh, started barking like mad. Startled, Hubert went and undid the latch to his pen.
"Gogh? What's wrong?" He asked and the dog growled as it bared it teeth at the creature in the house. It winked at the dog as it slid by and just past Hubert's vision as he turned around. The dog whimpered and put its muzzle under Hubert's hand. He patted the dog kindly.
"Stay calm Gogh, it's alright."
A cat started hissing in the back bedroom.
"Not you too, Escher. What is going on?" He asked himself as he went to the bedroom. The skinny gray cat ran past him. It even slammed into the wall as it skittered off spitting and hissing.

He let both of the animals out into the backyard.
The beast that now moved through his house was sniffing things and getting situated in Hubert's house.
I'll eat those animals later. No one will be here to take care of them after all.
It thought as it licked a large paw like a contented cat and lounged in the shadows.

"Dream Hubert, dream of me. For your days in this world were numbered. It is time to fill the void." It said in a soft voice like wind-chimes tinkling in the spring breeze.

Last edited by treomatos on 11th December 2010, 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a small part with the animals)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 11th December 2010, 6:54 pm

Lia looks at Leilani nevrously as they exit the library. She knows her way around parts of the city, yes, but she knows nothing about eating out.

"Where will we eat? I never really eat out. I prefer to cook for myself....."

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 11th December 2010, 10:02 pm

Leilani smiles at her friend. "I do the same...Change of plans then if you don't mind. Let's go to the park first and then stop at my place for dinner. That way dinner would still be on me, and I guarantee you the atmosphere is warm and inviting!"

She steps forward waiting for Lia's response.

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 11th December 2010, 10:32 pm

Lia's face brightens and she follows Leilani's steps and begins to walk towards the park.

"Yeah! That sounds amazing! I'd love to see where you live! I bet it's a nice, warm, loving place!"

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13th December 2010, 10:14 pm

JohnnieTreadLightly had followed the doctor to the restaurant. He didn't like the fact that the man had followed Pan there. He preferred that people stay in the slots he had assigned them to and the doctor's slot was his office. Now he had gone and thrown a kink in JohnnieTreadLightly's player assignments. The "players" in his scenario was Pandora - the girl who haunted his dreams and the doctor who she visited on a regular basis.

JohnnieTreadLightly was self-named and usually insisted that it be spoken as one singular word. It could never be "Johnnie" or "Johnnie Lightly". The least he would accept or answer to was "Tread". He knew there had been another time when he was called by a different name, but the past was not only troubling; it was somewhat unclear as well. His name was a constant reminder to be on his guard. Hearing someone call him "JohnnieTreadLightly" reminded him to never let his guard down. He was entirely on his own and couldn't afford to make many mistakes.

He wasn't sure why the girl troubled him. He saw her in his dreams and he always seemed to be following her in them. He could never quite catch up with her. Once in his dream she had turned and held out her hand, but she was so far ahead of him and then she vanished again. Ever since he had spotted her walking into the doctor's office building, he had been following her, trying to find a connection. They were very different. His hair and eyes were very dark, although they shared the pale skin. Tread was tall for his age which he estimated to be around fifteen and he dressed well as he only stole from the best stores, although most of his clothes tended to be black.

Tread had tried to be "seen" by her, but so far she never even glanced in his direction when he passed by. He was going to have to be more aggressive in his approach. He knew her name from hacking into the doctor's records. JohnnieTreadLightly had managed to schedule himself an appointment coinciding with one of hers, which of course, would be billed to another client of the doctor's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 14th December 2010, 11:33 am

Leilani laughs. "Well it's an apartment, I really can't do much with it." She takes Lia's arm in hers, " come on, show me this park you've been talking about."

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14th December 2010, 6:50 pm

After eating, Yumiko followed the girls to the check out counter where they paid for their meals. Emily, being generous, paid for Yumiko's. Yumiko felt really awkward having someone else pay money on her behalf, but she wasn't one to argue.

They left Bertolli's with full stomachs. It wasn't that late in the evening yet.

"What else do you guys wanna do?" Emily asked.

"Let's go for a walk through town and get rid of all the calories we just consumed." Jessica said patting her pudgy belly.

"Thank you for your kindness, but I have studying. I think I will go back to dormitory now." Yumiko said and bowed her head in thanks.

"Awww...come on Yumi-chan...just a little walk? We won't be long. I'll come up to your dorm, and help you with your homework!"

Yumiko turned her head up to the sky in thought, "I do not know...I have a lot to do..."

"Please..." Emily begged.

Yumiko sighed, "Okay...but only short walk..." She said. She didn't like it when people begged...and she always gave in to her kindness. She was now slightly annoyed by Emily, but obliged to go on the walk anyway. She followed the girls along the sidewalk as they walked away from Bertolli's and also away from the university.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 14th December 2010, 6:53 pm

Lia smirks while giving up her arm to Leilani, and they walk forward into the world and heading to the park. As they are getting close, Lia looks over at Leilani.

"Do you think I'll ever remember anything about myself?"

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15th December 2010, 9:36 am

JohnnieTreadLightly was so engrossed in watching the doctor leave the restaurant and wondering if he should follow him, that he eventually missed Pandora leaving. He decided to head back to his temporary home and try to formulate some type of a plan. He walked down the streets of the city, wishing he had taken one of the sports cars from Alain Tremont’s parking garage. After all, the man had three of them just sitting there while he was lounging at his other home in Germany. However, despite the fact Tread looked older than his years, he was just 15 or so and couldn’t afford to be caught driving without a license.

JohnnieTreadLightly wasn’t aware of the stares as he walked towards the expensive apartment building. He assumed that since people tended to avoid confronting him, that he was unnoticeable. He was wrong. His black leather jacket was expensive but had several small silver spikes across each shoulder. He now carried a silver pocket watch (courtesy of Alain) and the chain was attached to a belt loop and hung down his side. His black leather boots had silver straps with Celtic inscriptions. He nodded to the doorman as he entered the building and spoke his name “Pauly”. The doorman nodded back and with a smile said, “Mr. Tread”. JohnnieTreadLightly hated the “Mr” but that was the best compromise he could obtain from the man. Pauly assumed that Tread was a European relative of Mr. Tremont’s due to his style of dress and his funny name. He found it amusing that Mr. Tread’s wardrobe was just edgy enough to make people uncomfortable, but Pauly could still see the “boy” deep inside his eyes.

JohnnieTreadLightly came across Alain Tremont’s records in the doctor’s computer system when he was searching for information on Pan. Alain was a long time patient in addition to being quite wealthy. Tread managed to create a referral from Alain for himself as well as setting up a billing account to Mr. Tremont. Everything was going smoothly and should continue to do so. Unless, of course, Alain decided to come home anytime soon.

Tread entered the apartment and looked around. It wasn’t the penthouse but it was one of the nicer places he had stayed in awhile. He took off his jacket and then removed his shirt. His shoulder was itching again. Looking in the mirror, he examined the tattoo on his shoulder. He had to admit, it was well done – whoever had put it there was quite skilled. The key was silver and about 3 inches long with an elaborate scroll pattern. It was attached to a neck chain that wrapped around the key. Tread was not opposed to tattoo’s but had never had a desire to get one. He had no idea what might have possessed him at the age of 12 to get one. One of his most vivid memories was waking up three years ago in the abandoned building with a bandage on his shoulder. When he removed it, he found the tattoo which must have been recently placed there as it was still tender.

At that moment, JohnnieTreadLightly had no idea who he was or how he got there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum