Afterimage

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Afterimage - Page 4 Empty Afterimage

Post by Guest on 23rd November 2010, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Time and time again the clock ticked out the seconds to pile up to minutes which would stretch into hours. Listless and void of solid thought a young woman with white hair cut short and sharp, just shy of her shoulders, stood and tapped the toe of her high heel in time to the tick-tock of the silver-framed clock. Her ocean blue eyes blinked as she broke from her daze and looked over to the man evaluating her.

"I am just so, so, so tired." She said with a drawn out sigh and heavily put her right palm on her forehead in aggravation.

She rubbed her hand against her skin and felt a bit of sweat. Thinking about what plagued her made her fretful.

"You can sit you know. It is better to relax." Her psychiatrist told her in a soft voice.

He was mid-thirties, clean shaven, soft gray eyes, neatly trimmed brown hair, curved jaw, and his face was always so emotionless but in a reassuring way. It made the woman a little agitated though. He was too hard to gauge. Was he actually relating with his clients or did he just pretend to so he could get his paycheck?

"No, I need to walk it out to talk it out. You know? I just can't sit still."

"Okay then. Let's go over some of what you told me last time, Pandora. You are 21 now, but you still have reoccurring dreams which have happened as far back as you can remember. These dreams are not nightmares in the usual sense, but they do disturb you and keep you from feeling rested when you wake up. This is your main concern, right?"

Pandora listened for a moment and nodded as he finished, "Yes Dr. Celier that sums it up."

He continued, "You have told me about your family and some of your past, but I still have not been able to grasp the cause of this problem. I think it would be beneficial for both of us if you tell me your thoughts on the source of these dreams."

"That's what I'm coming to YOU for! YOU'RE supposed to tell me!" She snipped as she pointed accusingly at him. Her other hand perched angrily on her hip.

He did not react like she thought he would. His face remained impassive and he watched her movements. She was just a subject to analyze; an item of study. She had tried many different ways to get an emotional response from him, but he was just too composed. She pulled her gaze from him and her heels tapped furiously as she walked wildly through the small room.

"Keep calm. This is only our third session together, and you know yourself better than I do. If you tell me what you think about the problem, what you say might give me insight on what approach to take." He told her after he let her pace around the room a few times.

"I... yeah. Sorry. The stress and lack of sleep has been getting to me." She replied and finally sat down on the edge of the patient's couch.

She tucked her legs under her and pressed a hand on the edge of her purple skirt modestly. She was still very tense and her feet fidgeted.

"When I even think about the dream I get anxious. The feelings from the dream follow me into the waking world. I've thought about causes for the dream itself. I have. But I have little basis to go on. It's not due to life stresses now because the dream has happened ever since I was little. The whiteness is just there. Always. I thought it might just represent something I am afraid of, but the white itself is soothing and familiar. Still, something scares me and the fear is so oppressive sometimes it chokes me. I wake up sputtering and coughing. None of my family members are that scary. No one I know now or knew when I was young made me feel like that. It has to be more symbolic than literal. But I've always liked the color white. I don't understand why it would have such a bad feeling to it."

Dr. Celier nodded his head maybe a quarter inch, "Yes. I have something to go on now."

He tapped his pen on the paper he using to jot down his notes, "You said you like the color white. Is that why you bleach your hair?"

Pandora's eyes widened in surprise, but they quickly burned into rage, "How dare you assume that! This is my natural hair color!"

Dr. Celier actually blinked with muted surprise, "White is not a n-"

"Don't tell me what is natural! I am borderline albino and this is how my hair has looked since birth so why don't you psychoanalyze someone else because I am through for today!" She talked over him and jumped up from the couch.

It did not matter to her that she had 10 minutes left on the clock. Dr. Celier was just like everyone else: presumptuous, self-involved, and lacking in personality.

Pandora stormed out and left the office. She immediately began to feel bad. It was rare for her to blow up like that, but she had always been picked on about her hair. People always made assumptions. She could not worry about all that though. She had to get to work.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Afterimage - Page 4 Empty Re: Afterimage

Post by Fina on 26th December 2010, 11:14 pm

"I live really close to here." Mei says with a grin, watching as, when she went back, Leilani and Yumiko went forward. "I don't really do much but relax. Haha. Are you from around here, yourself?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Afterimage - Page 4 Nn9YMAfterimage - Page 4 5v4OqAfterimage - Page 4 JI0PIAfterimage - Page 4 QKnbe

Afterimage - Page 4 LoZSigg

Spoiler:
I've claimed: LadyTwi, Sercan, Death the Kid from Soul Eater, Fina from Skies of Arcadia, Stiyl from Toaru Majutsu no Index, Byakuya Kuchiki and Abarai Renji from Bleach, Beat from Eternal Sonata, Freed from Fairy Tail, Tails from the Sonic Series, and Luigi from the Mario Series

I've co-claimed: Leah7
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28th December 2010, 9:05 pm

Yumi nodded at Leilani, "I do go to university down street, and I have been in library a few times for books. It is a nice town, but I am not from around here." She looked at Mei to answer her question, "I am actually from Japan. I have a scholarship that is paying for four full years of collage here in the United States."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 29th December 2010, 5:39 pm

"We're here, sir."

Nathanial was pulled out of his thoughts and saw the park. It was rather empty, but it looked to be inhabited by a few... Well, he thought, there's something you don't see everyday.

A group of young adults all were at the swings, swinging away the hour. When was the last time...? He and Heather had used to play in the park all the time, usually right after their shifts. They were often teased by their peers, but they didn't care.

"We work hard so we can play hard!"

That was Heather's favorite saying, especially if she was about to do something childish. Heather. He missed her terribly, and if it weren't for that feeling, he didn't think he'd have anything left to feel.

The old man's words popped in his head suddenly. But lose to black and the beast has you. Is that what he had meant...?

Afterimage - Page 4 Venom10
Afterimage - Page 4 Pbucket
Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 29th December 2010, 6:36 pm

Lia runs up to one of the poles that are supporting the swing.

"Okay, everyone, learn from the master!" She laughs. "This is my favorite part!"

Climbing up the pole, she latches on, almost like a cat, and moves up to the top bar where the swings are attached. Then, holding her arms out straight, she stands on the thin pole and walks across, perfectly balanced. Lia never knew how she could do this, seeing as how she can't remember her past, but.....it's still a skill she can have fun with.

Afterimage - Page 4 Zedsig11
Click here to get started on GtR!
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 29th December 2010, 8:15 pm

Upon seeing Lia on top of the swings, Leilani slows and jumps off hers again. She spins around and shouts "Lia get down you are going to get hurt! What are you thinking?"

Thank you leah
Afterimage - Page 4 Turtle11
Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye on 30th December 2010, 6:04 pm

"Ugh...Why did the guy have to give me this heavy box to carry? I better get paid good money for this." Gregory ran quickly along a rooftop, carrying the heavy package in his backpack. The box was small, but it weighed a good 70lbs. Gregory was told by the sender to be careful, so he couldn't do the flips and leaps he enjoyed doing.
Although a quick flip or wall climb wouldn't be so dangerous in Gregory's mind. He front flipped as he jumped from one roof to another, side flipped when he jumped down a flight of stairs, and did an extra back flip as he ran past a park where a few young women were playing. However, the extra weight slowed his rotation, causing Gregory to land short of his feet. His momentum caused him to continue forward, falling onto his face, making a loud thud sound.

Afterimage - Page 4 GoeSig
Ty for the sig, Leah :3
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 1st January 2011, 9:44 pm

Pandora saw the white all around her and it felt suffocating.
"Why won't you let me go!? If there is someone behind this... What is going on?" She said as she sat down and held her head in her hands.
She felt like she was in a prison. A white cage to be forever shrouded from the world she knows. She had been here before. She was always put her the second she lost consciousness...

"Wait."
She said to herself. She remembered passing out at work. But she had not encountered the whiteness then. Something else had happened, but she could not remember what it was. She clamped her eyes shut and delved through her mind trying to recover what might had happened when she had lost consciousness.

It seemed like she had been somewhere. An indistinct picture formed in her head of place that was vastly different from Earth. There was someone there that shone like a beacon. Or something. The memories were not clear.
"AASHSHHSshhhhhhhaaaaahhhh." Voices pierced her concentration.

She opened one eye slowly and was startled by faces. Faces were all around pressing into the whiteness. They did not look human. They were horrible and misshapen; terrifying and cruel. They stretched the whiteness like rubber, but it thickened to keep them back.

Pandora screamed and stood up quickly. She had nowhere to go. The monstrous things pressed in closer and closer. Suddenly they all screamed or gasped in unison and were pulled away by an unseen force. The whiteness stayed its walls and Pandora breathed a sigh of relief.

Then a face appeared right in front of her. It had pressed almost completely through the white walls. They were stretched fine like thread. She almost screamed again, but she realized that this one did look human, and though it was so close it did not seem dangerous... it felt familiar.
Afterimage - Page 4 Pan_dream_pr

"Child... Child." It spoke as the white walls loosened and its body hung above her relaxed and at peace. She seemed part of the whiteness.
"The plagues were removed by us. They will not reach you yet." It said in a soothing, female voice. It sounded young, but its tone held a weight of great wisdom and serenity. Pandora felt her body relax from its presence and strength. She felt safe.
"What is all of this about? What is this whiteness, what do you mean by plagues, and who are you?" Pandora asked the form above her.
"I am first... The one who bears all sorrow. I am Pandora." She answered.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hubert Celier was a bit confused. He never remembered his dreams and he certainly did not experience them like this. Everything was so real and so solid. He noticed every detail.
"Is this a dream then?" He asked as he looked around the marbled halls that seemed to go on forever.

"Yes and no. Your answer is a riddle beyond those that mortals could comprehend." A startling voice called out behind him.
It sounded like an orchestra and the voices of many people all in synch. He stiffened and turned slowly towards the source of the voice. He heard a rumble of purring like the reverberations of thunder as he looked a great beast in the face.

A scorpion tail larger than a person bobbed playfully from side to side and its human face smiled with many rows of razor sharp teeth. It preened its mane while Hubert took its astounding appearance in.
"I have much to do, and by I, I mean I and you."
Hubert did not look surprised or confused, "No." Was all he said.
The creature blinked and it glowered at him.
"If I did not know better I would say you are trying to be brave. But I have all that you do not. Bravery is not in you just as joy, fear, anger, excitement, wonder, regret, desire, and even love are also absent. All that is left is a solid core of logic and loneliness: the feel of not being whole."

Hubert was somewhat disturbed by the statement it made. His mind denied it completely.
"I do not believe you. I have feelings and desires. I just have trouble working them out."
The creature laughed. Its sound was that of clarinets and flutes chirping like a flock of birds.
"Everything you feel is just an echo of me. An afterimage to what you were once. There is no time to deny yourself unity. I have a task, one which I cannot complete until I am whole. I need the logic and experience of the Earthly realm. This was foretold and you were split from me for that reason and also to watch over Her. You are a piece of me."

"Her?" Hubert asked.
He did not seem to care what it told him about himself.
"Pandora, your patient here on Earth. She is also part of a greater purpose, but unlike her, you are not meant to stay in this existence.
Doctor Hubert James Celier reeled at all this. Somehow he had known that his life was not his own, but to think that Pandora was part of it all. He collapsed to his knees as he tried to comprehend.
"Is that why I felt close to her? Because of my purpose?" He asked the beast as it padded toward him. He was unable to stand and get away.

It stopped walking though when he asked it that question. It raised an eyebrow.
"You are not supposed to feel anything for her. It was not made known to you and all emotion is mine. You speak foolishly and confound your own logic."
Hubert shook his head wearily, "No. I felt something for her. I saw her most of her life didn't I? She lived in the same neighborhood even when I moved off to another state, twice. She moved too. We went to similar schools. I saw her now and again, but I never knew her. Our lives were nothing more than some grand plan? I thought that-"
"SILENCE!" The voices of the beast thundered across the marble and the ground shook with its indignation. The sound was that of tubas and cymbals grinding together in a terrible chorus.
"You are a mere human counterfeit. A mortal replica to imitate and be aware of a world I cannot stay in. That you could feel or experience anything other than what I allow is impossible." It told him harshly.

Hubert shook as he tried to stand. His legs would not push off the ground. He was planted there.
"I am more than what you say. I don't care that we are somehow from the same body. I am different than you. I do not accept you."
He said and suddenly he stood. The mental binds were gone.
The beast's tail whipped about furiously.
"You cannot defy yourself! Why stay incomplete!? Do you realize the course of your actions?" It growled at him, but it stayed where it was.

Hubert almost smiled, "I have to accept you for this to happen don't I? You cannot force me to be part of you again."
The creature looked defensive, "Correct. But do not think this gives you power over me. We are the same. It is inevitable. You cannot stop our merging."
Hubert bowed his head slightly, "I ask for one more day in this world. I will show you that I am my own person. Despite my origins." He said.

Suddenly, he was awake. Hubert Celier looked around his clean bedroom, and saw nothing out of the ordinary. There were not marble halls or terrible beast. He did not wonder at the dream. He knew he had little time.

[Time 3:30am Tuesday morning]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 2nd January 2011, 1:41 am

Lia jumps down from the swings, landing smoothly on her feet. She laughs and nudges Leilani's shoulder playfully.

"Lighten up, girl, I can handle myself." Lia runs off and climbs up the slide, rather than sliding down it and begins to laugh more.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina on 2nd January 2011, 2:57 pm

Mei laughs at how Lia was acting. She loved to be around people that could let loose and be themselves. She looked at Yumiko, then at Leilani, then settled her eyes on Lia, watching her climb up the slide. She then burst into laughter at the sight of her.

Afterimage - Page 4 Nn9YMAfterimage - Page 4 5v4OqAfterimage - Page 4 JI0PIAfterimage - Page 4 QKnbe

Spoiler:
I've claimed: LadyTwi, Sercan, Death the Kid from Soul Eater, Fina from Skies of Arcadia, Stiyl from Toaru Majutsu no Index, Byakuya Kuchiki and Abarai Renji from Bleach, Beat from Eternal Sonata, Freed from Fairy Tail, Tails from the Sonic Series, and Luigi from the Mario Series

Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 2nd January 2011, 3:53 pm

A little girl sits at the top of the swings, appearing from seemingly nowhere. Her clothes are a faded blue that matches her eyes. In an instant, she leans backward off the bar flipping and landing softly on her feet. Her smile as she takes them all in is amused.

"Gold for knowledge, green for play, gray for the tabula rasa who fumbles to move," she said, looking at Leilani, Mei, and finally Lia. "Orange for the hearth that reaches the heart," she added, looking at Yumiko.

She points to Nathanial. "But he is blue, when he should be the silver of truth, maybe you should play with him?"

She looks at Nathanial and he jumps, recognizing the eyes that look far too old and far too knowing on that child's face. He blinks and she's gone before any of the others can look behind them.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina on 2nd January 2011, 4:07 pm

Mei jumps off of the swing and turns toward Nathanial. It jumps off her face for a quick instant when she remembers running into him previously, but takes its place back onto her face as she skips over to him, grabs his hand, and drags him over to the rest of the group. "Hello! Nice to see you again! I should properly introduce myself! My name is Mei! It's nice to meet you!"

Spoiler:

Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 2nd January 2011, 4:31 pm

After the little girl appears and speaks Leilani looks over at the newcomer. Suddenly embarrassed that she was caught playing around like a kid, she blushes slightly. She watched as Mei approaches him and thinks to herself She seems to know everyone.

Last edited by xenolion on 5th January 2011, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thank you leah
Afterimage - Page 4 Turtle11
Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 3rd January 2011, 1:12 am

Lia looks at the child in confusion, paying attention to her words, but not quite understanding them.

"I'm sorry......do I know you?"

But the girl was gone. She looked at the others, wondering if they had seen or heard her as well. Am I going mad?

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye on 4th January 2011, 5:44 pm

Gregory looked at all that took place at the park from quite a distance away. He saw a little girl there one moment, took off his backpack, then notice the same girl disappeared. Woah...freaky. He looked in his backpack to see if the package was still in good condition. He took out the box the package was in and shook it lightly. There was the sound of broken glass and Gregory knew he was in trouble. He knew he wasn't allowed to look at the package inside, but he had to make sure it wasn't broken. Gregory carefully pulled the top of the box open and looked inside. All that could be found was a small glass statue with a piece broken off. "I'm so dead." He sat on the ground and watched the others as he thought about how to fix the statue.

Afterimage - Page 4 GoeSig
Ty for the sig, Leah :3
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 5th January 2011, 4:06 pm

Nathanial recognizes the girl who had ran into him on the way out of the restaurant. He gently reclaims the arm she's in possession of.

"I'm Nathanial," he replied. "Sorry to have disturbed you lot. I need to be going."

He thought about the man and now the little girl, stopped, and turned back. "Perchance any of you ever heard of a woman named Heather Summers?

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5th January 2011, 8:28 pm

Yumi noticed the little girl, and considered her words. She had no idea what they meant though. She was startled when the little girl suddenly disappeared. Yumi blinked in surprise, then looked at Lia, who was looking around at the others for some confirmation that she wasn't going mad. When her eyes fell on Yumi, Yumi shook her head, "Do not worry. I saw her to. You are not seeing things." She smiled, and eyed the new comer, the man that had entered the park.

Yumi could feel great distress coming from him. She wondered what his predicament might be, but knew she must not pry or ask about it. Americans loved their privacy. They did not care to speak about their problems with strangers. It was none of her business. She shook her head when he asked if anyone had heard of a "Heather Summers". She had never heard that name.

<I wonder...if that is someone important in his life. Maybe...his distress revolves around this girl.> She thought to herself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7th January 2011, 11:56 pm

JohnnieTreadLightly dropped hard to his knees gasping. What just happened?? He had seen her, in fact, almost touched her, but it was like the breath had been sucked out of him. The key tattoo was now burning and his vision was blurred. He collapsed to the floor and waited for the spinning to stop.

When he could breathe without it hurting, Tread sat up. He was exhausted. Slowly, he rose from the floor and tried standing. A little wobbly, but nothing a little sleep wouldn’t fix. As he past the master bedroom, he gazed longingly at the king size bed. For a moment, he considered breaking his pattern and losing himself amongst the pillows. A good night’s rest would be a huge help.

JohnnieTreadLightly shook himself and sighed as he walked to the kitchen pantry. The apartment had a laundry chute and he spent his nights curled up on the floor underneath it, just in case the owner made an unexpected appearance. It was the only other way out and Tread had checked it out the first day in his temporary abode. He wasn’t worried about the noise he might make going down as long as he had time to get away safely. The vision had scared him and he couldn’t let his fear make him stupid. Always, always be on guard. Never get comfortable.

Tomorrow, he was going to find her and make her look him in the eyes. He needed to know if she was a part of his past or a part of his future. Why did his tattoo burn now when he thought of her – was she a part of that? Did she have his memories? Who was she and why was she haunting him….???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11th January 2011, 12:01 am

[Great development so far everyone. Sorry for the long pause from me. Truthfully, all of the RPs I joined here and on imvu have kept me busy, but I have more time to devote to this one again. Please, everyone end this night quickly. The next day approaches.]

[Attn. The First Pandora, closed]

"You are Pandora?" Pandora the human said slowly.
She was suddenly very confused.
"I am." She said soothingly.
She went on to answer Pandora's other questions.
"The whiteness you see all around you is an area of void which borders the worlds and keeps the worst of the plagues out. It is formed by our bond."

"What bond?" Pandora asked as she tried to understand what was being told to her.
"You are a part of me. You are one who was born on Earth by natural means but you have a piece of my soul within you. There was one before you, and there will be another after you pass away. Earth must always have my connection or be extinguished by the plagues." She said with a heavy heart.
"So there were other Pandoras?" Pandora asked.
"Yes, but you are one of the few to also bear my name which is a sign in itself." She answered.
"And what are the plagues then?"
"They are all evil: everything that man and the greater life forms suffer. Disease, death, pestilence, disasters, corrupted hearts, murder, envy, lies, everything."
Suddenly something clicked in Pandora's head.
"You are the mythical Pandora who opened the box? A legend or fairytale?" She asked.
Pandora the being nodded her head through the whiteness, "Yes, but I am no story. I am real and broken among the stars to pay the price for my deed. The pithos which I opened held the plagues." She intoned.

The whiteness tightened and the plane which Pandora the human stood on seemed to lurch.
"There is no more time. I came to warn you. The plagues grow stronger. The darkness presses through the Veils of White. Other worlds have been wiped out."
Pandora kept her balance, but what the First Pandora said almost made her fall from shock.
"Why tell me this? What can I do to stop it?" She asked in a weak voice.
"You have the piece which weaves the worlds together, and you are the only one who has what I do not."
"I don't understand!" Pandora cried out as the void shook and her vision blurred.
"I will take -----vessel ---- time ---- bring ----- light that will ----- cleanse---- life may continue."

Pandora jerked awake. Her breathing was labored and her body was sweating heavily. She ripped the sheets off of her and rushed into the bathroom. She turned the cold water on in the shower and jumped in with her clothes still on. She shook uncontrollably, but not from the cold.
"What happened? Could I be going insane?" She asked herself as she tried to keep as stable as she could.
"I am just.... so afraid."

[Tuesday morning, 7:22am]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum