Junior Armada

Page 5 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Junior Armada

Post by Ink on 10th March 2013, 12:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Silver City; a towering symbol of human determination and a testament to the human imagination. The city is protected day and night by the most powerful knights the world has ever seen. They are the Hero Armada. Dozens of heroes united under one roof with a common goal. They protect the innocent, not matter the cost. They are led by the beauty of the battlefield, Warrior Woman, the man who can't be stopped, Mr. Amazo, and the strongest man alive, Omniman. Together from the top floor of Hero Tower they watch over the city and the world, monitoring to make certain all is well. And when something isn't such, they mobilize. But today all would fail to be well from under their own roof as a Latin American young woman in a red and blue tight outfit and brown coat walks into the building through the front door.

Ricochet. Tis true what they say. Hath no fury like a woman scorned. When this woman took up the mantle of the last to bear her title she did so half out of spite. She'd been instrumental in the cretin's defeat. Now she inherited his power and many of the burdens that came with his membership. The Hero Armada was watching her. She had been a valuable member so far but she was being difficult as of late. Soon this would be a problem.

Madam Control looks up from her desk as Ricochet marches through the room to the elevator. When the doors close, she picks up the phone. "She's on her way up and she doesn't look like she's here to sit around the campfire and sing kumbaya."

"All right," Warrior Woman says in response. "Thank you for the heads up."

Some time later the conversation between Ricochet and her superiors enters a heated argumentative stage as the rising heroine slams her hands down, forcefully, on chair's round table and sneers. "You've got to be kidding me! Can't spare the people? Zephyr and Ladybug haven't had a mission in weeks! Lion Heart is pounding on local street thugs and you have me on patrol duty! You're honestly going to sit there and tell me that we can't spare a couple of people for a small strike team?"

"Adrienne, listen," Warrior Woman says.

"In this building it's Ricochet. Mask or no mask,"Adrienne says before a brief pause then doubling back. "Ma'am," she says respectfully.

"Ricochet, Ladybug and Zephyr are both Level 7 Metahumans and have access to a number of missions that we can't give you details on," Owl says.

Ricochet turns to her respected darker superior and stands upright with a sigh. "So because I'm barely a level 4 meta..."

"It's not that. The Deadwave invasion last year...and then what happened with Richard," Omniman begins, "It's an overwhelming burden and we have to make sure we're dividing our resources well. This team is an excellent idea. If we had the people to spare, I'd be more than willing to sign off on it. Be we have the remainder of our heroes on the moon base right now."

"If we had a couple more heads in this building, we'd hand 'em over to ya for your team in a heartbeat, kid, but we don't," Mr. Amazo adds.

Ricochet thinks to herself for a moment then looks away through the window. She could see a few heroes flying about outside. It wasn't an uncommon sight around here. Each of them was on a mission though. She wasn't new to that. She'd had this conversation with the Armada's leaders before. Back then they worried about her mental condition. They were entirely honest and she knew in her heart that they were right then. But now?

Following that conversation, she leaves Hero Tower and decides to go for a freerun along the skyline. She enjoyed it really. Richard was an idiot to turn on the Armada the way he did. He had it made. Everyone loved him and he was in a position to actually receive compensation for his heroic deeds. Whether he liked working with them or not, he chose the losing battle. Of course that wasn't why she became the new Ricochet. She didn't get anything out of the relationship with the Armada like he did. No, she did it for the single purpose of spiting him...and she was entirely okay with that at first. But now? Now she stayed not to make him look bad, but because...it just felt right. She lands on a low rooftop in the city and looks around for a bit. Nothing happening here. She could rest for a bit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Silk the Child of Arachne
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Junior Armada

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd March 2013, 11:43 pm

[Attn: Astrid, Group]

He grinned. D*mn, this mask thing was killing 3/4ths of his charm. "But you are admitting to being kinky?" he said with a laugh.

"That," he went on, "was a creature that escaped from a quantum singularity at North Labs. Apparently one of the scientists was a little too excited about testing one of the futuristic items in their keeping."

He turned away and began to leave again. "And I already gave you a name, cutie. See ya around."

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 22nd March 2013, 11:44 pm

[Attn: All]

Adam shrinks back to regular size as the portal closes. The entire time he'd miraculously stood his ground. Now there was smoke coming off from his body. He breathed heavily as he is met by Atta-Girl who helps him up. The two bandanna sporting teams high-five one another as Spartan drops back and sits on a slab of debris. Liberty Bell pulls back her hood and leans against an amazingly still standing street light to catch her breath. That had honestly winded her.

Ricochet lands by the kids with a grin on her face and a couple of extra J-Armada Coms on hand just in case. She guessed now she'd have a used for them. "You could...call us a team," she says. "Junior Armada at your service."

"But I gotta say," adds the girl in the bandanna, "If you've never met anyone else of the superhero persuasion...you must have been in Wyoming or something. Seriously, we're all over the place."

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22nd March 2013, 11:51 pm

(ATTN: Group)
She raised an eyebrow. "That would be something you'd have to find out for yourself." She swings her head to look at the two women. "'Junior Armada'? You guys some kind of superhero squad or some sh*t?" She looked to the girl with the bandanna, shrugging. "Must have, cuz I've never met one of you guys up till now."
She sighed, realizing the boy was attempting to leave again. "Boy, I dragged your a** back once, do not make me do it again."

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 12:09 am

[Attn: Group]

Twista rolled his eyes. "I answered your question," he said. "What else is there, boo? Some of us don't like to stick around for press adulation and I would like to make sure all the civies in the wake of our collateral catastrophe aren't buried under a steel pipe."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2013, 12:27 am

"False. You answered two of my questions and didn't bother to stick around for me to ask the rest. Plus, I think you're bossed up buddies have that all under control." She snatched her staff up and twirled it in her hand. "And if you call me 'boo' one more time I'll send you into the rift after your little quantum beastie."

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 12:37 am

[Attn: Seance, Group]

"Fair enough, cutie," he said, "but how about we take it somewhere more private?" He scanned the area. "Cause the news vehicles are two blocks off and closing. See that roof over there?" He pointed at a skyscraper. "I'll answer whatever questions I can there. But Ricochet--that'd be the chick right there--would probs be able to answer better than I can about heroes. I'm kinda new to this 'masked vigilante' thing myself."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 23rd March 2013, 12:41 am

"He's right about those civilians," Ricochet says. Then she tosses them the J-Armada Coms. "In case you ever need to be in touch. Armada, let's fan out and see if we can find anyone caught up in all this."

"Right. Because I'm in the condition for heavy lifting," Adam says.

Atta-Girl floats off to search whatever debris remained, hoisting whole slabs of concrete over her head and lobbing it when it appeared no one was there. The girl in the bandanna nods and rushes off, churning up concrete mounds with the earthquake machines in her arms to try and break it down to rubble. She frowns beneath her bandanna. "Soooo booooring," she complains.

"You have got to be kidding me," Bell says before blowing away a heap of debris and finding a living person beneath it, guiding him to a safe open area where paramedics would eventually turn up.

Ricochet looks at the other two and very casually salutes before walking off to see if she can find some people in this mess.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 12:45 am

[Attn: Seance]

"Scratch that," he said. "I'll answer your questions while I help civilians."

Without waiting for a response, he took off, heading back for the rougher parts. He immediately scanned the area and found signs of several people caught under the debris. At once, he began creating cyclones to lift the debris off.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2013, 1:08 am

Astrid sighs, taking it. Lifting her staff to raise various piles of debris and pull civilians free.
Sticking around for the aftermath wasn't usually part of her heroic conquests, she life that to the police and firemen. But she felt somewhat obligated- that and she didn't want to look like a lazy b*tch.
Besides, she still had questions that she felt required some f*cking answers.
Hm, then again she had been on the road all day, had sand in places where sand should never venture, and was spent from opening that rift.
She sighed. "Well guys, it's been a blast and all-" She hopped onto her staff, balancing perfectly with her hands in her pockets. "B u t- I personally have a dog to feed, a much needed shower to have, and a hotel room with my name on. Plus I'd rather not stay for the cameras." She rose into the air, turning to the direction in which she'd left her dog. "Might be seeing you around, Twister-boy. If I decide to stick around." She zoomed off, her conscience clear. Neh, maybe she could stick around for a week or two- the group had piqued her curiosity.

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 1:11 am

[Attn: Open]

Twista grinned. "I look forward to it, Seance," he said.

He scanned the areas, making sure the people were free and clear. That done, he flew off. The crest he'd been given didn't seem to have a tracker, so that was good at least.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 23rd March 2013, 1:25 am

Ricochet watches as the girl leaves but she doesn't say anything. They'd cleared the area. Bell and Atta-Girl alone had cleared most of the area. They were done here. "Good work, you guys. Let's head back. We still have a few things worth discussing." With that they were off in the J-Armada Jet.

On the brief flight back, Ricochet stands up and allows autopilot to assume control. "I was pretty impressed. You worked...decently as a team for your first stab at it. It was a little rocky but it worked. You, though," she says, pausing at Adam. "What you did was all kinds of reckless! Next time you get an idea to do something like that, do us a favor and warn us. I want to sign any condolence letters, read me?"

"Ricochet?" Atta-Girl speaks up. "I understand your frustration with him but...his actions showed great valor and heroism, did they not?"

"You're absolutely right. They did. And they saved our necks. Which is why instead of continuing to yell at you...I want to thank you."

Adam looks up from his own lap and into Ricochet's sisterly face then nods. "No problem," he says modestly.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2013, 11:04 am

(ATTN: Open)
True to her word, after picking up her dog and her things from the nearby rooftop of a pizza parlor, Astrid immediately went in search of a hotel- hopefully within her budget. She had taken some odd jobs as well as some money from that ever so kind truckdriver- but she wasn't exactly rolling in cash. Plus taking money, even from those who she felt deserved it, left a bad taste in the mouth.
She finally found one, a 'Hotel Oblivion', it's stony walls dwarfing most of the buildings around it, yet it was still
She booked a room as high up as she could get it, landing on the 30th floor of the 35 it possessed. Luckily, she wasn't a wanted woman- unless one liked to count the 'small' incident in Arizona where she blew up a government building/ meth lab. Luckily once it was revealed it was a drug lab they quickly brushed the whole incident under the rug.
Having showered (As a drifter she never really got over how amazing a shower felt after being caked in your own filth for weeks at a time.), grabbed something to eat (Fast food might be mankinds best and worst invention, in her eyes), and flipped through the skimpy channels on the hotels provided television before finally settling on something she liked; Astrid found herself kicking back on the lumpy yet more comfortable than an underpass bed with half a cup of coke zero and the wrappings of a cheeseburger that had long since been devoured. Her dog napped happily, its head on her lap, and Astrid herself had long since ignored the TV in favor of her laptop (which may or may not have also belonged to the meth lab but she was telling no one) and currently used the tv as little more than white noise.

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 11:16 am

[Attn: Astrid]

He had returned to his pad to hop a quick shower. Most of the injuries he had sustained were superficial. They'd be gone by the time he woke up tomorrow. He did as he said and took a quick nap to recharge, then got up and began working on some of his projects.

Unlike, V, he didn't work things to death, but he liked to occupy his mind a little. His current main project was looking into mimicking the quantum energy that his own suit used to power itself to potentially give clean energy to the world. That engine had been a godsend, honestly, cause if he'd have used his anonymous channels to propose it, they'd have still tore up the internet trying to find him. The concepts were a bit too advanced for anyone from their time to have come up with without advanced knowledge or being from the future.

He had a quick supper and just as he was finishing, a blip came up on screen (the one that he always saw in his eyes), alerting him that Seance had been discovered. He looked at the cameras matching her likeness, then the registering in her actual name--Astrid was a cute name--and decided he'd best keep his word.

In his space suit with the voice distortion active, he knocked on her window holding a chicago-style deep dish pizza. "Evenin', miss," he said with a salute as if hovering several stories above the earth knocking on windows was a casual thing, "I believe you said you had questions? I brought pizza. Half spinach, half meat lovers."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2013, 11:35 am

(ATTN: Twista)
Astrid stirred from her computer induced coma and took a look out the window. Her face changing from very relaxed and placid to 'oh sh*t' in half a second.
'Jesus f*cking christ what is it with me and weirdos.?' Sparky immediately sprang to his feet and began barking and jumping on the window. He wasn't too terribly accustomed to anyone other than his master flying by windows, or at all for that matter. She called her dog off and pried open the window with a frown on her face.
"Oh-ho-kay, buddy. Have you never heard of the phrase 'A lady needs her privacy'? Like ever?" She crossed her arms, taking a step back. "Sides I thought 'superheros' were supposed to respect each others 'secret identities' or whatever?"

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 11:38 am

"You've had no dealings with superheroes, then" he said chuckling. "It very well depends on which one you're dealing with. As for your 'privacy,' you didn't exactly try to hide who you were out there, Seance.

"Anyway," he continued, "you said you had questions, so I figured I'd take the time to answer them. May I come in?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 23rd March 2013, 12:44 pm

[Attn: Closed]

Ricochet stands before the chair members of the Hero Armada yet again some time later, her hands in her jacket pockets. There was a casual smile upon her face as the heroes stood before her. Then Omniman stepped forward. "Ricochet, you and your team helped avert a major catastrophe today. I won't say the performance was flawless but you did a good job."

"Thank you," she says with a nod.

"But," Owl adds, "That isn't why we called you here. As impressed as we all are, you're hear to give us your report, correct?"

Ricochet nods and opens her J-Armada Com, projecting a holographic image of what is currently the full team. "Seven incredibly volatile individuals came together under the instruction of yours truly to become a force to defend this city in the event that the Hero Armada wasn't enough or was too largely occupied elsewhere." Then she taps a button and it isolates one of the members of the team. "Rein Delany, AKA, Rumble. She has vibration engines fused into her arms that let her emit sonic vibrations and even shake things up to generate miniature earthquakes as well as concussive volleys. All I have to report right now is that she's really REALLY reckless but she's good for keeping up the morale of the group. She's definitely lots of fun to be around."

"Looks like she could do some damage," Madam Control says, tipping her glasses.

"Next up we have Detox. No official civilian alias. Assumed alias of Harold Payne. It's ironic that he chose that for an assumed name because he has healing powers. Not only does he have his own healing factor, but he can also heal others. To add onto that he can apparently suppress biological superhuman abilities. He's got a boosted physiology to boot. He should be good for more personal brawls. He's about as 'fun' loving as rumble but he's a brainiac and excellent hacker." Micro-Man nods. "Next we have Liberty Bell. Superhuman lung capacity, exhalation strength, and augmented vocal cords that let her scream like a banshee. She's a solidly good kid. A bit of a workaholic and obsessive but if we can get her to calm down, then she'll be a great asset."

Omniman and the rest of the heroes look to one another. Ricochet knew what they were waiting on. They weren't worried about those three. It was the other four that bothered them. "Spartan is a bit goofy, overly trusting and easily led...but he's also got a good head on his shoulders and a heart as gold as his skin. Not to mention, he can lift a truck over his head." Then again, so could the rest of the people on this roster. "Our resident Atramanian, Solar Flare,is pretty naive and doesn't understand much about life here but he's still incredibly powerful. He's one of the strongest members of the team, can fly, and can project energy beams from his hands and eyes."

"An alien?" Owl says. "Make sure you keep an eye on him. Remember what we went through with I.Q."

"Right," Ricochet nods. For a second her heart practically stopped. She knew that aliens were a bit of a soft spot with people around here. After the martians invaded, things weren't helped by Deadwave. "Then there's this kid. We call her Atta-Girl. No records. Assumed alias of Lyra Golden."

"She's not telling you who she is as the rest were so willing?" Warrior Woman questions with a puzzled expression.

"She said she couldn't explain it. But, frankly, I trust her entirely."

Owl crosses his arms. "That's a big gamble. From what I've seen, she's incredibly powerful. As powerful as your Atramanian friend at the very least."

"I trust her," Ricochet says, holding her ground. Then she presses a button and the last image is isolated from the group. She trust Atta-Girl...but this one. "Adam...Adams. Guess his parents were comedians. AKA Atlas. We all know what the atlas drug does. But no one's sure of it's limit. I just know that growing actually puts a strain on him. Though even without growing he can knock out a rhino in a punch. He's got a destructive temper and he doesn't appear to be too fond of authority but...well, with the right push."

"You trust him," Owl remarks.

"They're certainly...intriguing reports."

The chair members look among one another then back to Ricochet after a moment. Alakazam had probably bridged their minds. There was no other reason they'd be so quiet. Then Omniman floats behind her and sets his hands on her shoulders. "Keep us posted," he says.

With that Ricochets eyes widen and she smiles as the rest of the heroes in the room all give her a nod of approval. Then she nods and puts on her goggles, bolting off. "Owl," Omniman ssays once she's gone. "We'll be keeping an eye on them. If things get out of hand-"

"I know...I just hope it won't come to that."

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2013, 1:07 pm

She rolled her eyes. "Not like I exactly had a chance to change. 'Oh look at that massive energy monster ripping light poles, eating cars and causing massive collateral damage- Welp I'm going to go change into my good ole disguise and give it time to destroy another city block!' Not really seeing the purpose of that." She sighed, beckoning her arm out and stepping aside, closing the window once he was in. "First off, what the h*ll is the Junior Armada and why does it even exist- I doubt they all got together over pizza and decided to make a crime fighting squad for the sh*ts and giggles- and pardon me for being the only one who has never met another 'superhero' before. The only thing I know of them comes from Saturday morning cartoons." She criss-crossed her legs, resting her elbows on her thighs, now currently floating in mid-air. The dog kept its distance from him, but was now emitting a low growl.

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 1:26 pm

"Hmm...good question," he said, leaning against the wall and looking out. "Nice view.

"They've been recently formed, if anything," he said. "Cause we only crossed paths yesterday and they were definitely not a group then. Near as I can tell, they're like a youth version of the Hero Armada--that's the adult group of supers who take their residence in this city. If I had to hazard a guess, they're hoping to both shape future heroes and possibly fill in the holes of the adult group--they're stretched pretty thin according to my intel."

He chuckled. "The Saturday morning cartoons get a lot more right than I think these supers would like to admit. A lot of heroes have ethics about not violating people's privacy. I was trained by someone who had no such compunctions--not only that, it's kinda impossible for us considering our gifts."

He looked at her. "Anything else I can try and shed some light on?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2013, 1:47 pm

"Well I've never heard of the 'Hero Armada' so I can't really draw any parallels." She shrugged. "Okay, but I sincerely doubt they track the person down, show up at their hotel room window, with pizza." She rubbed the bridge of her nose. "So I assume you know I am? Like not all the 'The Seance' bullsh*t but like actual normal person me?" She leaned back, kicking her legs back so it looked like she was reclining in some sort of invisible Lay-Z boy. She floated closer to the ceiling so she was still eye-level with him. 'Well that's f*cking lovely- first day in town I'm already found out.'

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 1:54 pm

"I betray no secrets," he said chuckling, "so they're in safe hands. Unless, y'know, you turn out to be an evil sociopath that needs to be put down--and yes, it happens more often than you think. And besides, of course they don't show up with pizza; that's my own personal brand of pimpin'.

"And the Hero Armada is a group of supers that come together to defend against what they can't on their own. Or at least, that's what it says on their website. But yeah, a bunch of superheroes taking on even larger threats or other groups of super villains. You'd think they'd be enough, but no. Doesn't work that way."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2013, 2:12 pm

She rolled her eyes. "You sorta revealed it yourself considering you knew where my f*cking hotel room was. And fyi, skippy, pizza didn't really help your case. Next time I recommend just showing up at the front door and knocking like a normal person."
The soda present on the side table wafted up to her, she snatched it, took a drink and frowned. "Okay, a legion of superheros is somewhat believable- godzilla and evil masterminds plotting the downfall of humanity in a brilliant act of teamwork aren't."

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 2:20 pm

He flashed her his million dollar smile--which, again, she couldn't see behind his helmet. This was killing him.

"Actually," he began, "no I didn't. I made sure there were no lifeforms present to observe me when I came, and I don't show up on cameras unless I will it. So, no, your secret's safe. And the front door wouldn't work so well in this getup. Then hiding from security cameras would be pointless and you'd stand out to the people here because I showed up. Trust me, stealth was my friend's MO and he made sure we knew it, too.

"And I said that villains plotted," he continued. "Not that they succeeded. They have a lot of trust issues and whatnot, owing to the fact each of them will betray one of the others at the slightest convenience for them."

He moved to open the window. "If that answers your questions, I think I'll take my leave before I've completely destroyed my first impression."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2013, 2:47 pm

She continued to frown until an idea seemed to hatch in her mind and a somewhat troublesome smile came to her face. "A n d one more thing. Either you can take the mask off and politely introduce yourself or I can tie you up again and forcibly remove it." Her staff rushed to her hand and she pushed it against the window. "Seems fair, doesn't it?"

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 2:52 pm

"Well," he said. "That was unexpected."

In an instant, his suit emitted a flash of blinding light and he was out the window and in the air. "'Fraid you gotta earn my secrets, lady. Be seeing you."

He flew off quickly before her eyes could recover and was gone. Superhero infighting never went well.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2013, 3:01 pm

She recoiled, blinking repeatedly in recovery. By the time she came to he was a ways off. "Oh, boy- that was a really bad idea." She stood, lifting up her staff, muttering words under her breath- forming a man-sized gap directly in front of him. It would lead him back to the hotel room and directly into a wall.
"Now, that wasn't very nice- was it?" Her dog was currently under the bed, its dark eyes peering out at them in alarm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top