Junior Armada

Page 6 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Junior Armada

Post by Ink on 10th March 2013, 12:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Silver City; a towering symbol of human determination and a testament to the human imagination. The city is protected day and night by the most powerful knights the world has ever seen. They are the Hero Armada. Dozens of heroes united under one roof with a common goal. They protect the innocent, not matter the cost. They are led by the beauty of the battlefield, Warrior Woman, the man who can't be stopped, Mr. Amazo, and the strongest man alive, Omniman. Together from the top floor of Hero Tower they watch over the city and the world, monitoring to make certain all is well. And when something isn't such, they mobilize. But today all would fail to be well from under their own roof as a Latin American young woman in a red and blue tight outfit and brown coat walks into the building through the front door.

Ricochet. Tis true what they say. Hath no fury like a woman scorned. When this woman took up the mantle of the last to bear her title she did so half out of spite. She'd been instrumental in the cretin's defeat. Now she inherited his power and many of the burdens that came with his membership. The Hero Armada was watching her. She had been a valuable member so far but she was being difficult as of late. Soon this would be a problem.

Madam Control looks up from her desk as Ricochet marches through the room to the elevator. When the doors close, she picks up the phone. "She's on her way up and she doesn't look like she's here to sit around the campfire and sing kumbaya."

"All right," Warrior Woman says in response. "Thank you for the heads up."

Some time later the conversation between Ricochet and her superiors enters a heated argumentative stage as the rising heroine slams her hands down, forcefully, on chair's round table and sneers. "You've got to be kidding me! Can't spare the people? Zephyr and Ladybug haven't had a mission in weeks! Lion Heart is pounding on local street thugs and you have me on patrol duty! You're honestly going to sit there and tell me that we can't spare a couple of people for a small strike team?"

"Adrienne, listen," Warrior Woman says.

"In this building it's Ricochet. Mask or no mask,"Adrienne says before a brief pause then doubling back. "Ma'am," she says respectfully.

"Ricochet, Ladybug and Zephyr are both Level 7 Metahumans and have access to a number of missions that we can't give you details on," Owl says.

Ricochet turns to her respected darker superior and stands upright with a sigh. "So because I'm barely a level 4 meta..."

"It's not that. The Deadwave invasion last year...and then what happened with Richard," Omniman begins, "It's an overwhelming burden and we have to make sure we're dividing our resources well. This team is an excellent idea. If we had the people to spare, I'd be more than willing to sign off on it. Be we have the remainder of our heroes on the moon base right now."

"If we had a couple more heads in this building, we'd hand 'em over to ya for your team in a heartbeat, kid, but we don't," Mr. Amazo adds.

Ricochet thinks to herself for a moment then looks away through the window. She could see a few heroes flying about outside. It wasn't an uncommon sight around here. Each of them was on a mission though. She wasn't new to that. She'd had this conversation with the Armada's leaders before. Back then they worried about her mental condition. They were entirely honest and she knew in her heart that they were right then. But now?

Following that conversation, she leaves Hero Tower and decides to go for a freerun along the skyline. She enjoyed it really. Richard was an idiot to turn on the Armada the way he did. He had it made. Everyone loved him and he was in a position to actually receive compensation for his heroic deeds. Whether he liked working with them or not, he chose the losing battle. Of course that wasn't why she became the new Ricochet. She didn't get anything out of the relationship with the Armada like he did. No, she did it for the single purpose of spiting him...and she was entirely okay with that at first. But now? Now she stayed not to make him look bad, but because...it just felt right. She lands on a low rooftop in the city and looks around for a bit. Nothing happening here. She could rest for a bit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Silk the Child of Arachne
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Junior Armada

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 3:04 pm

[Attn: Astrid]

Twista had only an instant to warn him of the rift before he was sucked through it and slammed into the wall of her hotel room as he flew through it. He was up in an instant with cyclones at the ready.

"Neither was threatening me after I came to help you," he told her. "Now, you have moxy--which I like--but that and being cute only get you so far. If you're lookin' for a fight, you 'bout to have one."

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2013, 3:31 pm

(ATTN: Twista)
"Save your bravado for some other time." She sighed. " I don't want a fight, man. Your name would do just fine. I don't like people having a leg up on me- besides you can't deny it's only fair." She spun her staff in her hand, ready if he did choose to attack her.

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 3:34 pm

"You claim fairness, but you were the one who was careless about the identity thing," he pointed out. "Are you gon' demand the entire Junior Armada reveal themselves if they know?"

He moved back to the window. "But just cause I'm a sport," he said, "the name's Tyre. Be seein' ya."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2013, 3:49 pm

"If you try to leave one more f*cking time I swear to god-" The kid was funny and seemed nice enough, she'd give him that. But god he was driving her up a wall. "And I wasn't careless- I just set my priorities straight- civilian life over changing into a costume. You should applaud my morals." She lowered her staff. "Whatever- I suppose I'll be seeing you." She dropped her staff on the table. "I have had it up to f*cking here with people in masks today."

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 3:56 pm

"Oh, you got me all wrong," he told her. "I definitely applaud that you placed a higher priority on human life. I just draw the line at having to give up my own personals because of it when I don't know you from Adam.

"Further, you got magic, cutie, and I'm sure if you can open rifts in dimensional space, then managing a gimmick for a magical disguise spell or maybe transporting your costume onto your person directly would be in your power and wouldn't be time consuming. H*ll, I do something to that effect, myself.

"I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot. But I hope you enjoy the pizza--best place in town--and I hope I still have a shot at dinner one of these night. G'night."

He slipped out the window and was gone. "Man, I forgot how crazy girls could be!" he said with a laugh shaking his head.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2013, 9:43 pm

"Well you seem to have no respect for my privacy- so why should I respect yours? And it didn't really cross my mind- sides I can change my own d*mn clothes so I never felt the need to practice using magic to change for me." After he left she dragged herself to her feet, closed the window, locked it, closed the blinds and pulled together the curtains.
"....Yeah he is so not getting that f*cking dinner." She flung herself back onto the bed, rolling to the side. Burying her face in one of the pillows and groaning.
She was already regretting her decision to stay in this city.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 23rd March 2013, 10:26 pm

[Attn: Open]

The next morning, Penny and Gil stand in the lab, re-configuring their device. If they saw Spencer, they'd wring his neck. But for now there were more important things to worry about. The incident caused a strange anomaly. It shut them both up. They weren't at one another's throats or being generally snarky. They were actually working quietly, diligently and getting things done. "Gil, are your readings done yet?"

"They are. We're back in business. Maybe this time we can get somewhere without everything getting mucked up again," Gil responds.

"I should certainly hope so. We had to work ourselves to the bone fixing it all ahead of time to get back remotely close to schedule."

The sound of a British accent and a Scottish one interacting was getting closer to form but it wouldn't be back to the same if they weren't battling it out.

Ricochet stands in front of her mirror. She sports a tucked blouse and a formal grey skirt, adjusting a pair of glasses and fixing her hair. This was probably the last thing she wanted to be doing but there were...variables to this. She throws on a blazer and stares at her reflection. "Hello, I'm...a biiig fake," she says. "Hi, I'm Adrienne Baptist and I work for the Tomorrow Foundation. I would like to inform you that your child is...a freaking superhero. God, I can't do this."

As Lyra passes the door to Adrienne's room, she senses something and knocks. "Ms. Adrienne, may I come in?"

"Sure, Lyra, whatever. And just call me Adrienne." As Atta-Girl steps inside, Adrienne removes her glasses and wipes the excess make-up from her face. "What is it?"

"I...heard you were having a difficult time with something?"

Adrienne laughs inwardly. "You're one nosy kid. That or way too nice for your own good. Yeah, I'm just having a little difficulty with this whole...story. Who am I kidding, it's just some elaborate lie to get kids away from their guardians. I feel dirty just thinking about going through with it."

"Then...do not lie. If lying is what makes your issue so very difficult for you, then this must not be a situation where lying is a proper course of action."

"So you want me to just walk up to all of those guardians and tell them that their kids are superheroes?"

"OR," Detox says, leaning in the door, "You COULD get that Hypnotist lady in the Hero Armada to 'convince' all the parents and guardians to let us all stay here. Not technically lying."

"You are most shrewd," Lyra sighs.

Adam stands by the site of the devastation from the previous day in his new costume with his goggles over his head and his hands in his pockets. Then he looks around and grows a few feet in stature, beginning to lend himself to the cleanup effort, picking up debris and disposing of it.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 10:40 pm

Tyre sat in the park. It was peaceful and he liked it. And he'd brought his work with him. Sort of. Due to his techno-organic implants he was always walking around with an onboard, constantly upgrading super-computer.

As it stood, he was reworking the designs of the quantum engine, pondering on how best to implement it for powering a city of this magnitude the most efficiently. Technically, his crystal fit into the palm of his hand and powered a suit that put anything Earth had to offer to shame. But it was always in the implementation.

To the onlooker, it was as if he was staring into space. But he knew better.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 23rd March 2013, 11:48 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Livia stood with his hands up in front of her face and her feet close together in a fighting stance in front of the bag. It hung from a beam in the tiny basement of their tiny house, near a few scattered weights and a pull-up bar. She was breathing hard, and let off a few more knees and elbows to the bag before she walked away, taking a swig of water from the bottle sitting on the floor.

She crouched down on the floor, waiting. She'd heard nothing from the woman in her head this time - probably decided it wasn't worth her time to watch her training again. She didn't mind. It could be extremely distracting.

Livia straightened, starting up the stairs to the main level of the house. "I'm gonna go out for a run," she shouted.

"Yeah, sure," her mother called back, and Livia set her water bottle down a moment, pulling her curly brown hair from its bun and redoing it back up tighter, before she shoved out the door and took off down the sidewalk.

((OOC conversation translated from Hebrew I'll find some way to notify it later))

Last edited by Red on 24th March 2013, 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd March 2013, 11:51 pm

As Twista sat working on his designs, he saw a young woman across the way running down the sidewalk. He nodded approvingly.

"Ahh...gotta love the scenery," he said with a mischievous grin.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2013, 12:09 am

(ATTN: Twista, Open)
Astrid walked casually through the park. Minding her own business and adopting the persona of a normal girl walking her dog. She hated putting Sparky on a leash, but the law was the law.
Suddenly he stopped, growling, and then suddenly took off, the leash being ripped from her hand.
"Hey! Bad- Sparky!" She chased after the dog, which was making a beeline for a boy sitting on a nearby bench.

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th March 2013, 12:13 am

[Attn: Astrid, Open]

As he was sitting there, his scanners came online, indicating something mobile speeding in his direction. He turned and looked behind to see--Astrid's dog?! Wow. Really?

He put on a fearful expression and took off running from the dog, moderating his pace so as not to reveal he had beyond human ability. These secret identity things are nothing but trouble. he thought.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2013, 12:17 am

"Oh my god-Sparky! Stop! Now!" The dog slowed, coming to a complete halt yet continued to growl. Astrid grabbed the leash and glared at the dog scoldingly. "Bad dog- very bad dog. We don't chase people or try to kill them that is very bad." She looked up at the boy. "I am so sorry, man. Don't know what got into him."

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th March 2013, 12:22 am

"Uh...no problem...?" Tyre said nervously, taking a few seemingly involuntary steps back. "I think I've had my 'outdoor experience' for the day. Uh...you and your dog have a good one..."

He turned, still breathing hard and slumped in relief. Acting like a weakling was kind of fun in one way, but kind of annoying in another. However, he'd been advised to keep his lives separate, and he was trying to do the "normal" thing.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2013, 12:47 am

Astrid looked down at her dog, still growling at the boy.
Her dog hadn't done that to anyone except...
She looked back to the boy. "Hey- wait- listen I'm really sorry- you have no idea. Is there any way I could make it up to you? Like at least let me buy you coffee or something."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 24th March 2013, 12:51 am

"I think...I'll just let the guys choose for themselves. After all, they don't HAVE to live here," Adrienne says. "Now if you two don't mind, I'm gonna get outta this junk."

The two young heroes leave Adrienne to herself and given the time, she decides to put on something more up her alley. She leaves later in jeans, a tank top, and a vest. "Hey, Lyra, you need civilian clothes. Ya can't go wandering around in...that all the time." Then she tosses her an outfit. "Put that on and lets go. Mall's not far from here."

"...Mall?"

Adrienne blinks and leans against the kitchen island. "This...is going to be a long day."

Meanwhile, across the city at the North Labs department of Futuristic Technologies, an African American man in a bright red shirt and white lab coat walks into the lab. He was a young guy with a dangerous look about him. He wreaked of confidence and bravado though. This was Jackson White. Notorious for being incredibly hasty in his procedures and cutting corners to reach his desired results. As he walks into the lab with a clipboard in his hands, Gil and Penny look up from what they are doing.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 24th March 2013, 1:10 am

[ATTN: Open]

Livia turned to look as some girl's dog went running past, the girl racing after it, and she steered clear. In her head, she could feel Valkyrie stir, the dogs barking moving her until she realized it was nothing to really take note of.

She continued running, past the park, leaving behind the strange duo and the dog.

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 24th March 2013, 1:34 am

[Attn: Century Park]

A bit later, Lyra emerges from her room in the outfit. It was simple enough at least. She looked like a typical teen at this point. But something was amiss. Adrienne looks her over then takes the false glasses she'd nearly put on earlier and hands them to Lyra before undoing her hair and letting it all down so that it even covers one eye. "There. No one should recognize you now."

"This is not what I was expecting," Lyra says.

"Ah, c'mon," Harry says. "You're already unbelievably hot. This'll just make ya look shy. Guys dig that. Take it from one."

"I...do not feel an increase in body temperature at all. My kind are notably sensitive to this," Lyra states, confusedly.

Adrienne suddenly grabs Lyra by the wrist and guides her on out. "All right, let's get going," she says.

As the elevator opens Conrad steps off and pauses when he sees Lyra. "Atta-Girl?" He says, amazed at the transformation. "What happened to you? You look totally different!"

"Makeover for the sake of going out in public," Adrienne says. "It's real quick now see ya."

With that they were off. Before long, however, they found themselves taking a bit of a scenic route. Here they found themselves strolling through the park. The mall was on the opposite end of all of the trees and ponds. It was actually quiet here and peaceful. That was a sensation that died quickly as they hear a commotion not far away. It didn't sound like anything dangerous but it was something Adrienne would probably rather avoid.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th March 2013, 8:59 am

"Um...you stopping your dog before it bit me more than makes up for it," he said, still eying the thing nervously. "Anyway, I was just taking a quick break from my work and I should get back to it. Thanks, anyway." He quickly ran off. Man, so far secret ids suck. Total c*ckblock. She was offering a coffee date!

He ran a bit further, distracted by making sure she wasn't following--which she was, at first--so he didn't see it when his scanners gave him a proximity warning. He slammed into someone. Upon turning around, he saw it had been the girl he'd been checking out earlier.

"Sorry 'bout that, boo," he said, offering a hand to help her up. "Was tryin' to get away from a crazy dog--the owner notwithstanding. You alright?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 24th March 2013, 9:40 am

[ATTN: Tyre]

She went tumbling to the ground as someone slammed into her, and she reached out, slapping the ground with her palm to break the fall for the rest of her body. She looked up as Valkyrie stirred, getting excited a moment until she realized the black boy was no enemy.

"Yes, fine," she said with an accented voice, grasping hold of his hand and pulling herself up. "It's no problem."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th March 2013, 9:45 am

[Attn: Livia]

"Ooh! Diggin' the accent!" he said. "Puts you out in the middle east--Israel maybe?" As if his scanners hadn't already pulled up her entire life history. "How bout I make it up to you? Ice cream, maybe? I'd say coffee, but who wants to talk to someone with coffee breath, eh?" He chuckled at his own joke. "Or lunch, if you prefer."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 24th March 2013, 11:21 am

[ATTN: Tyre]

She blinked and drew back as he spoke. How could he tell that easily, out of all the middle east? It was... weird. "Sorry, I'm busy," she said, shaking her hand out that she'd landed on. That had hurt. But probably less than it could have. "Thank you," she said, turning and starting to run off.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th March 2013, 11:41 am

"Ouuuuch," Tyre said, rubbing the back of his head. "All this striking out I'm doing lately, I must be losing my touch. This keeps up I'll have to head back out into space just to get a date!"

He turned and began the walk home. Bad start to a good day.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 24th March 2013, 11:57 am

[Attn: Century Park People]

Adrienne snickers as she and Lyra pass by a duo in the park. A black guy and a girl probably middle-eastern. She'd shot him down before he could venture a word. Adrienne knew it would be a bit harsh to laugh at that but it was funny. Then she looks to Lyra who, as expect, was staring at her. "Is something funny?" She asks.

"It's nothing," Adrienne responds. "Just saw something that made me laugh."

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2013, 12:41 pm

(ATTN: Open)
"Yeah...Totally suspicious." Astrid sighed and looked down at her dog, who cocked it's head to the side as if to ask 'how so?'. "I mean who would refuse to get coffee with this." She gestured to herself and the dog turned it's head away, resulting in a glare from it's master. "You know, pup, I never knew dogs could be sassy until I met you."
-
A bit later Astrid and her dog were sitting on a nearby park bench with a frappecino and a small cup filled with whipped cream, which Astrid was promptly plopping on her dogs nose, laughing when it licked it off. From the corner of her eye she spotted a man rushing off and a woman shouting after him.
"Hey! Stop! Stop him!" Astrid raised an eyebrow, descreetly using her magic to flip a nearby trashbin onto its side, causing the man to trip over it. She quickly set her coffee down and both her and the dog sprinted for him. As he tried to get to his feet she tackled him, smashing his head onto the ground. He flung her off, yet now he had the dog to contend with. It was now on top of him, snarling in his face. The man pulled back his fist to strike it-
"Touch. My dog. And snap your f*cking neck." Astrid now stood over him along with a circle of onlookers. She pried the bag from his grasp.
"What the f*ck is your issue b*tch!?" He snarled at her.
"At the moment, you." She glared down at him, raising her foot and kicking him across the head, rendering him unconscious. The woman scurried up to her, muttering thank yous and collecting her purse- while most of the others just stared, yet didn't break circle.
"Why did you do that?" One asked loudly.
"What?"
"Didn't you see? He was just a kid!"
"I- he stole a woman's purse? He was trying to ROB someone."
"Yeah but beating him up is assault!"
"No- what I just did was prevent a robbery and apprehend a criminal." She glared at all of them, who were now shouting scolding remarks at her. The dog backed up into her legs for fear and she stroked him behind the ears as the group continued to gang up on her. She rolled her eyes. Great, this was exactly what she needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top