Junior Armada

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Junior Armada

Post by Ink on 10th March 2013, 12:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Silver City; a towering symbol of human determination and a testament to the human imagination. The city is protected day and night by the most powerful knights the world has ever seen. They are the Hero Armada. Dozens of heroes united under one roof with a common goal. They protect the innocent, not matter the cost. They are led by the beauty of the battlefield, Warrior Woman, the man who can't be stopped, Mr. Amazo, and the strongest man alive, Omniman. Together from the top floor of Hero Tower they watch over the city and the world, monitoring to make certain all is well. And when something isn't such, they mobilize. But today all would fail to be well from under their own roof as a Latin American young woman in a red and blue tight outfit and brown coat walks into the building through the front door.

Ricochet. Tis true what they say. Hath no fury like a woman scorned. When this woman took up the mantle of the last to bear her title she did so half out of spite. She'd been instrumental in the cretin's defeat. Now she inherited his power and many of the burdens that came with his membership. The Hero Armada was watching her. She had been a valuable member so far but she was being difficult as of late. Soon this would be a problem.

Madam Control looks up from her desk as Ricochet marches through the room to the elevator. When the doors close, she picks up the phone. "She's on her way up and she doesn't look like she's here to sit around the campfire and sing kumbaya."

"All right," Warrior Woman says in response. "Thank you for the heads up."

Some time later the conversation between Ricochet and her superiors enters a heated argumentative stage as the rising heroine slams her hands down, forcefully, on chair's round table and sneers. "You've got to be kidding me! Can't spare the people? Zephyr and Ladybug haven't had a mission in weeks! Lion Heart is pounding on local street thugs and you have me on patrol duty! You're honestly going to sit there and tell me that we can't spare a couple of people for a small strike team?"

"Adrienne, listen," Warrior Woman says.

"In this building it's Ricochet. Mask or no mask,"Adrienne says before a brief pause then doubling back. "Ma'am," she says respectfully.

"Ricochet, Ladybug and Zephyr are both Level 7 Metahumans and have access to a number of missions that we can't give you details on," Owl says.

Ricochet turns to her respected darker superior and stands upright with a sigh. "So because I'm barely a level 4 meta..."

"It's not that. The Deadwave invasion last year...and then what happened with Richard," Omniman begins, "It's an overwhelming burden and we have to make sure we're dividing our resources well. This team is an excellent idea. If we had the people to spare, I'd be more than willing to sign off on it. Be we have the remainder of our heroes on the moon base right now."

"If we had a couple more heads in this building, we'd hand 'em over to ya for your team in a heartbeat, kid, but we don't," Mr. Amazo adds.

Ricochet thinks to herself for a moment then looks away through the window. She could see a few heroes flying about outside. It wasn't an uncommon sight around here. Each of them was on a mission though. She wasn't new to that. She'd had this conversation with the Armada's leaders before. Back then they worried about her mental condition. They were entirely honest and she knew in her heart that they were right then. But now?

Following that conversation, she leaves Hero Tower and decides to go for a freerun along the skyline. She enjoyed it really. Richard was an idiot to turn on the Armada the way he did. He had it made. Everyone loved him and he was in a position to actually receive compensation for his heroic deeds. Whether he liked working with them or not, he chose the losing battle. Of course that wasn't why she became the new Ricochet. She didn't get anything out of the relationship with the Armada like he did. No, she did it for the single purpose of spiting him...and she was entirely okay with that at first. But now? Now she stayed not to make him look bad, but because...it just felt right. She lands on a low rooftop in the city and looks around for a bit. Nothing happening here. She could rest for a bit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Silk the Child of Arachne
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Junior Armada

Post by EphPhoenix on 3rd September 2013, 6:28 pm

[Attn: Ae]

His scanners locked onto her when she came into view. He grinned as he took her outfit in; it was a hodgepodge of Earth and Esserian. He liked it.

He also noted she'd modified the holo-disguise; she was his height with her bluish skin tint. Instinctively, he thought of disguising his face, but decided against it. There were enough oddities out that it shouldn't be too much trouble.

"You look nice," he said. "Try to relax, though, this is supposed to be fun." His scanners were telling him her bio-readings were elevated. Of course, he should take his own advice, he said with an inward chuckle.

At the mention of tickets, he cocked an eyebrow. He had little indication of what the girl found interesting in music, so it made him wary--though his nanites could buffer the sound.

"Sure," he said. "After the movie, we should be able to be fashionably late. So, ya hungry?"

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenyatta on 3rd September 2013, 7:14 pm

[ATTN: Tyre]

"Thank you. I will attempt to do so." Ae says uncertainly. She's not sure how to relax in such situations, but she can most certainly try. "Very well, I am unsure what parties are like, but I have learned what they are."

Ae walks closer to him, shuffling nervously and looking about to observe her surroundings more carefully."I am quite hungry, I shall admit. Uh...Astrid insisted that it is customary that you must pay for it all, because you are rich. However, I don't see why I can't pay for my meal, if that's okay with you. I think I have a little money."

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
Zenyatta
Administrator

Empress Empowered

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 3rd September 2013, 9:18 pm

[Attn: Ae]

Twista grinned then burst out laughing. "Yeah...that sounds like her," he said. "Peep it: in this modern age, guys don't always have to pay--unless they're taking you to some fancy rich place, then that's all them.

"In this case, save your money. I don't mind picking up the tab. After all, lovely ladies like yourself should be treated every now and again. C'mon, we can walk and talk on the way there."

"Very well." Ae replies shyly, "Is there anything specifically that you would like to discuss? I'm not sure if there are topics that are kept for custom on these dates."

Tyre chuckled. "Generally, any topic is open for discussion," he explained. "It just depends on your comfort zone. Most people are gonna stick to frontin' and not going too far for fear of chasing them away and/or not gettin' laid. Me, however, I don't care and I'm gon' keep it real. So it's all you, boo."

"I am confused." Ae says, crossing her hands behind her back. "What is fronting? I have not learned this human phrase. Of course, I do understand that no one would want to be knocked prone, but these things can be helped with simple manners. I would also like to inquire as to what a boo is."

Tyre colored, chuckling slightly at her misunderstanding of the term. "My fault," he said. "It's slang--vernacular. 'Frontin'' means to put on airs or put on a front, an act. A lot of people will behave different from who they are in order to get a mate or to be able to enjoy a night of the mating process. 'Boo' is a slang term for girl or boy depending on which gender is using it and why."

"Interesting." Ae replies, walking closer to Tyre. "Thank you for the information. I shall remember that. I love how varied in color your species is. Esserians are not diverse in this way all. I wish I were a pale pink."

Tyre blinked as he visualized Ae pink, then burst out laughing. "My fault, my fault," he said. "The image of that just threw me for a bit. And I'm sure you'd make a lovely pale pink Esserian--you could technically use that holo-changer to do that, y'know."

"But that is only temporary." Aeirrya replies.

As if summoned, a young girl with green hair walked by. Tyre smiled and pointed. "So is her hair," he said, "and she doesn't let it stop her. It's just what you're willing to put up with. I think you look just fine the way you are, but it's whatever make ya happy, off top."

"I suppose that is a valid point, but I will remain natural." Aeirrya states, looking at the girl with green hair oddly. "Some colors do look odd for human hair."

"Says the girl who wants to be light pink," Tyre said, nudging her playfully. "You imagine how much you'd stick out at home?"

"That is not the point." Ae says with a smile, "It is okay if I am odd--I'm an alien right now. Besides, I never said I wanted that skin at home. Just here.".

Tyre laughed. "That a fact?" he said.

"Unquestionably." Ae replies, looking out and almost pointing until she remember it was rude. "Why is that woman shaking that little boy?"

Tyre looked to where she was pointing, listening in on the conversation between the two, then burst out laughing. "He's being scolded," he explained when he got control of his mirth, "apparently he hit his little sister with a paint filled balloon."

Ae nods her head with approval. "Proper sibling rivalry. I would never scold my child for such, but I am sure that is different here. So where shall we be dining?"

"Ah, the big question," he said. "I have a few restaurants in mind, but I thought I'd ask what you're in the mood for, first?"

"I would like...." Ae says, pondering, "Dessert! After the main meal, I mean, because that is customary of course...but it is dessert I am in the mood for."

"Eh," he said, "we don't have to follow custom. Many humans don't. One such is a great man in our history: Abraham Lincoln. Always had his dessert before dinner. Any dessert you have in mind?"

Aeirrya smiles wide, shameless. "I want tapioca pudding with pecan pie and a side of pumpkin cheesecake.".

Tyre blinked. "You don't mess around!" he said with mirth. His smile grew mischievous. "Then we must go on an adventure! The first one should be homemade and not store-bought. The others...I know of a couple places." He broke into a light run. "Full speed ahead!" he exclaimed. "The night is young--and so are we!"

Aeirrya runs after, determined to keep up--she wishes she could just levitate, but that would attract even more attention than she already has. She struggles to remember the term of glee..."Yay!"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19th September 2013, 7:05 pm

(ATTN: Lyra, Open)
Astrid tapped a finger against her chin. "Hm, I could always zap you over there. But I'm already all dressed up. You could borrow something of mine, if you'd like?" Despite the question she had already wheeled around, opening her wardrobe.

She blinked. "I... will take a look, yes."

Astrid threw a purple dress over her shoulder. It fell lazily through the air towards Livia, drooping slightly when it made it to her hand. "Try that on. Haven't worn it in a while." The dress was deep purple, rather short, with an open back. Not as form fitting or revealing as what she, herself, was wearing. But still rather...exposing.

Not enough armor for battle.
She jumped as Val suddenly chimed in, and looked at the dress. Oh shush.
We know you're not gonna wear it, Val said even as Livia turned to put it on. She looked down at herself.
"...What else do you have?"

Astrid sighed, she had expected that. "Nothing any less revealing. You sure you don't have anything, here?"

"What I have is all traditional," she admitted. "Not American."

"Yeah, might not be entirely appropriate for this party, but unless you want to get something from your house, I don't think we have a lot of options.."

"No," she said, embarrassed. "I have nothing here. What I have at my house is all traditional." She walked over to join Astrid at the closet. "I can look still?"

Astrid nodded, plopping down on the bed behind her. "Sure. Doubt you'll find much."

Something that will show off your muscles.
Shut up, Val!
Still, Val commented on every dress she pulled out, and her comments...were all oddly similar to her own thoughts.

Astrid curiously watched Livia go over her closet, she didn't own too many dressed, but those she did own had an...interesting reaction from her roommate.
"Find anything?" She piped up, though she already knew the answer.

If only I still had my battle dress... Val lamented, as Livia found a dress that looked longer than the others in there.
She pulled it out - red with two straps and a skirt that went past the knees, but with a long slit up one side. That certainly is an acceptable alternative though, Val said.
Isn't it a bit weird though? She felt vaguely like wearing the dress could come off as insulting. It looked kinda Asian, though there wasn't really anything particularly eastern about it. The dress was plain.
Ah but it allows for mobility as well as modesty. The emphasis is not on your breasts it in on your legs and shoulders.
"Maybe this one?" she finally said.

Astrid raised an eyebrow. "I don't even remember buying this..." She tapped her chin. "It IS cute, though. Sure, knock yourself out. And do something about that hair, unless you want me to have at it."

"There is no force in this world that can do anything about this hair," she said dryly.

"I can stop a tornado, I can sure as hell fix your hair." She crossed her arms determinedly.

"Prove it," she said, smirking and letting her tightly curled, dark hair out of its imprisoning bun.

Astrid smirked. "Just let me get Lyra, and make sure she's all ready- then we'll see who gets the last laugh, here."

She crossed her arms. "You know not what you meddle with," she said, turning away with a smirk and starting to put on her dress.

Astrid spun and floated out of the room. "Lyyyyraaaaaaaa-" She called through the halls, searching for the girl in question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 19th September 2013, 7:21 pm

[Attn: Astrid]

Lyra emerges from her room and flew to Astrid like a bullet, stopping just beside her. Her hair was down, covering one of her big, innocent, blue eyes. She sported a yellow t-shirt and blue jeans. "Did you need something, Astrid?" She asks, her head tilted as she bobbed about in the air.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19th September 2013, 8:24 pm

Astrid stopped and blinked at the abruptness of her response, a smile coming to her face.

"Ey- we'll be leaving soon so I was wondering if you needed to borrow anything to wear? It's not as fancy as the kind of party you described before, I promise you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 19th September 2013, 8:35 pm

"Ms. Adrienne informed me that for informal gatherings, my current attire 'works well enough'. And if it weren't, she took the liberty of helping me to build a wardrobe," she says, floating to her closet and opening the doors. Most of the clothing inside was comprised of reds or yellows. Occasionally there was something blue. But there was a distinct lack of anything black or white.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25th September 2013, 9:08 pm

"It's not...informal, perse. You dress up for it, but more casual dressy then 'I have until the clock strikes midnight' dressy." Astrid, too, floated over to her closet. "You got a dress, not too long, practical yet sorta dressy?"

Honestly she'd be satisfied with anything. She now realized the cons of inviting socially stunted super heroes to parties. Thank god she had started getting them ready early.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 25th September 2013, 9:26 pm

Lyra floats to the left of her closet and pulls out a red dress and presents it to Astrid. "Will this do?" It was certainly tame and not no formal or too showy, if a bit plain.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3rd October 2013, 7:31 pm

(ATTN: Lyra)

Astrid surveys it. It was a bit....plain. But then again she hadn't really expected much from any of the kids, here.

She nods. "Looks great. Just get changed and wait for me and Livia in the living room." She gave Lyra a thumbs up, and floated lazily out of the room, giving a twirl.

Now for that girls hair....

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 12th October 2013, 2:51 pm

[ATTN: Lyra, Astrid]

Livia and Astrid eventually made it out into the living room, Livia's hair down to her shoulders and the curls miraculously under control.

"Hello Lyra," Livia said, crossing her arms as she came into the living room. "Are you coming with us then?"

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 12th October 2013, 5:25 pm

[Attn: Livia]

Lyra nods, cheerily. "Yes, I am! May the festivities be to our liking!" She then hovers over to Livia. "Ah, you are looking very...the English word is...radiant? You are looking to attract the boys, correct? I am sure you will find success in that goal." She says as she floats around Livia, observing how Astrid had put her together.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 14th October 2013, 4:06 pm

[ATTN: Lyra, Astrid]

Livia blinked. "Ah, thank you," she said, uncertain. She could just take the compliment. But it made her feel weirdly self conscious. I'm not interested in seeking out boys like Astrid is.

I will be happy to drive off any you do not approve of, Val said, and she grimaced. Yeah... that'd be interesting to see.

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 9th November 2013, 6:15 pm

[Attn: Open]

The date was going well, Tyre thought. He'd spent most of the movie explaining customs or why something was funny, which had earned them a few glares midway. The ironic part was that it had been an action movie.

Dinner had been light. Aeirrya ate like a bird. She tried a few bites of the dishes served but had gotten a quarter of the way through before she'd called it quits. That was unfortunate, as it was Chinese and he warned her she'd be starving in under an hour.

After that, they went for a walk, in which case, Aeirrya was still querying him about the movie they had seen. Her fascination with the little points amused him; it must be nice to have something to be so excited about. He grimaced. He was seventeen, d*mmit, and yet he was talking like he was forty. Old soldier, indeed...

"So," Tyre said, "you mentioned a party. Are you wanting to go to it?"

"I don't think I would survive," Aeirrya responded.

Tyre blinked. "Uh...come again...?" he said bemusedly.

"Not one for crowds."

He smiled. "Well," he began, "there are two tickets. I could be your wing man, have your back for if you got too overloaded."

"It is your choice," she answered.

"No, it is your choice," Tyre returned with a grin. "I am merely your humble guide. I just don't want you to miss out on any experiences on the chance you're wanting to go."

"Then I suppose I shall rest for the night," she said after a moment's thought.

Tyre smirked. "As milady commands," he said with a playful bow. "C'mon, boo, I'll walk ya home."

She took his arm in hers and nodded. They resumed walking. Tyre thought it was a good night.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9th November 2013, 11:41 pm

(ATTN: Lyra, Livia, Open)

Both of her guests where ready, and she wondered if she could stretch her 'plus one' condition with two, possibly four, guests.
She linked arms with the two girls, looking them over. "Not bad, not bad, just make sure no one spills something on you-" Then again it'd be more unfortunate for them...

She pulled them through a portal, and into a dark alleyway- they didn't stay in the dank, dark, and vaguely smelly space for long, however- she soon swung them out onto a rather busy street. The hustle and bustle of the evening far from toning down.

The apartment complex was exactly as she had remembered it, well- almost. Most of the lights were out, their tenants probably out for the evening enjoying whatever social life they had. She lead the girls into the building, the doorman holding the door open for the three of them, he had likely been expecting them.

"Ladies, you all look lovely this evening." The elderly man smiled, possibly remembering Astrid from earlier. "What lucky young lad is going to be your escort tonight?"

"Oh, not one who you'd expect." Astrid joked, releasing Lyra and Livia, and pushing the button on the elevator. Its response was bring, the doors quickly sliding open, with Astrid ushering them inside.

She fumbled, trying to remember what apartment number he was, pressing the button she thought was his floor. By some stroke of luck, they managed to get there on their first try. Astrid vaguely remembering the surrealist painting that reminded her of a zebra being chased by a turtle on a tricycle, at the very end of his corridor.

She rapped on the door, expecting to hear crashes, cursing, or perhaps wait outside for five minutes while he finished braiding his hair- which was only half a joke.

She was greeted by only one of these things as their 'date' propped the door open with his foot. Tall, dark, handsome, and....braiding his hair.

"Nice braids, Rapunzel, can we come in?" Astrid snickered, watching as he carefully braided his dreads, not wanting to pluck them off his head.

Alex rolled his eyes. "They can come in, but you I'm tempted to leave on the doorstep." Despite his words he had a smile on his face, and awkwardly hopped backwards, allowing them passage inside. The door closed behind them, the TV providing white noise in the background.

"Sorry for the mess." Alex said, though the apartment was immaculate, only a few papers and misplaced objects here and there.

"Your mess is my clean." She remarked. "So you almost done, princess- or will we have to wait for you?"

Alex made a face at her, sticking his tongue out- the gesture was readily returned, only for Astrid's face to snap back into shape as she turned towards her two lady guests.

"Oh, my bad. Alex, meet Lyra and Livia. My lovely lady friends who I'm sure Finn won't try to hit on if he values his future reproductive capabilities. Lyra, Livia, meet Alex. Genius, dweeb, single, makes a mean souffle. You guys will probably get along."

"I'll be sure to mention that first part to Finnick. It's a pleasure to meet you both." With his hands busy, Alex settle for a slight bow. "As for your question I'll be ready in a minute- just need to find my keys..."

Astrid raised an eyebrow, opening her hand, palm up. A frantic jingling was heard from the bedroom- the keys zoomed through the room like a bullet, flying through the air, landing gently in her palm.

"You mean these?" She smirked triumphantly.

Alex blinked. "I-" He sighed, smiling. "You spoil me. I almost for got how handy dandy you were...when you weren't using your teen witch abilities to turn my toilet water into jello."

"Come on, in hindsight that was hilarious." She dropped the keys in his hand. "We're taking Ruby, right? I'd like to arrive in style on my first night out on the town in...well, ever."

"Of course." Alex scoffed. "But if any of Finn's friends gets a scratch on her this party is taking a 'Texas Chainsaw' turn." Astrid snickered, as Alex flicked the tv off, heading for the door. "But I'm surprised you didn't bring any boys along. None of them up to your obviously high standards?" He asked sarcastically, raising an eyebrow at her.

Astrid gave him a playful shove. "At least I can get a date. But there might be one, though I wouldn't really consider him a boy. More like an alien from outer space- or worlds beyond."

He rolled his eyes. "Y'know the sad thing with you is I'm not sure you're being sarcastic or serious. I'll ask you to clarify later."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 10th November 2013, 12:15 am

[Attn: Party Group]

Lyra allows herself to be guides along to a particularly unappealing area. When she realizes she's in an alley, she glances around. "Is this where the festivities are- oh!" She says as she and Livia are flung out into the open. The blinks when she finds her footing and looks up at the building. As Astrid greets the doorman, Lyra smiles politely as a greeting before suddenly being pulled inside. She couldn't recall having ever been yanked around that much in that short a period of time.

Once on the elevator, Lyra glances at the buttons. She didn't particularly like elevators. They couldn't do anything to her, of course, but she could fly. She enjoyed the freedom of being able to soar as high or as low as she needed in open space. Elevators were so...confining.

Finally, they arrive at the apartment of Astrid's friend. As he opens the door, Lyra sizes him up. Braided hair. Not something she was at all unfamiliar with. Where she was from, it was a standard look for males, in fact, among a few others. The room, itself, was...cluttered...to say the least. She was getting used to it. Apparently order wasn't as highly valued among the people here. The J-Armada Base wasn't exactly a spotless sanctuary.

Then he and Astrid began to talk. As expected, most of what they were saying flew directly over her head. "This...'Finn'. Why would he seek to 'hit on' us? Is he an enemy of yours? Should I look out for him, that he might try to harm is?"

Other things went by her as well. The comment about turning toilet water into Jello particularly confused her. What purpose would Jello have in a toilet bowl? Or maybe this was one of those pranks that Detox and Rumble seemed fond of. Then again, Lyra only knew what Jello was because she'd seen such a prank before...except they'd done this to Lucy's shampoo bottle...and she was not happy.

Then a reference to 'Texas Chainsaw' came up. Oh, Lyra knew of the movie. The others had been watching it one night. Apparently it was meant to be frightening. If anything, it confused her. But the reference completely shot by. Why would the party suddenly transform into a reenactment of the movie...and who was this 'Ruby'?

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 12th November 2013, 10:03 pm

[ATTN: Alex, Astrid, Lyra]

Well he is certainly not bad, Val commented. Livia's mouth barely twisted as they entered the apartment, and she tried to hide it.

Can I expect such comments from you all night? She got no answer. Livia put on a polite smile as Alex introduced himself.

"Yes, I am Livia Arens," she said. "It is a pleasure. If this 'Finnick' causes trouble for Li - me I will remove his genitalia and crush them beneath my boots."

Livia's hands shot up to cover her mouth, and she started to go red. Val! You have no sense of subtlety in the least!

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 12th November 2013, 10:58 pm

[Attn: Open]

After seeing she got home safely, Twista considered going to the party, he even began heading to it, but he stopped a quarter of the way in. His heart just wasn't into it.

"Well," he said with a rueful smile, "this is a first."

So instead, he headed back home--long enough to grab his space suit. He was soon floating above the city skyline. He wasn't looking for crime or a fight, he just needed to float, to be. He used the wind currents to float as he looked to the stars and the moon. Telescopic vision had its advantages.

What was he doing here? He could be blazing through the cosmos getting into the wildest of parties and the best of mischief to be had. Yet here he was. He used to roll his eyes at V's colloquialisms about soul searching. The man wound up being right too much. And the fact that he wasn't smug or insufferable about it only made him more insufferable. But you were right all along...

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16th November 2013, 12:29 am

Alex blinked, even Astrid looked slightly taken aback by Livia's sudden statement. But, she soon looked over to him with a cheshire car grin on her face, and without even looking at her he started laughing.

"Okay- now I see it." Alex looked at Livia, eyes still full of laughter. "You seemed way to normal to be hanging around Astrid. But now I can sorta see why you manage to hang around her. Anyway- let's get going, don't want to have the cops called before we even get there.

'Ruby' as it turns out, was a vintage, sleek, almost entirely black trans-am. Mint, pristine, and looked like something straight out of a college frat boys dream. The only break from the pristine black polish was a bold, dark red scorpion emblazened on the hood.

As they approached it, Astrid gave a trill of elated laughter, pushing ahead of the rest of the group, jumping into the passnger seat before Alex had even gotten in himself. He laughed at the sight, holding the backseat door to the car so Livia and Lyra could get in, closing the door behind them. He pushed himself into the drivers seat, firing up the beautiful car as Astrid almost bounced in the seat beside him.

And, after a bit of arguing over the choice in radio stations, they were off.

-

They pulled up to a house that belonged in an episode of "Lifestyle's of the Rich And Fabulous".

It

Was

Huge

But it's size was only magnified by the amount of people that were there. Alex peered through his windshield.

"So how do you suppose we find Finnick in this...?" Alex muttered, honking his horn to coax a group of boys out of the way of his car.

Astrid shrugged. "Follow the trail of girls? He's easy enough to pick out, we'll find him eventually."

After they managed to find a parking spot Alex deemed 'safe' enough for his precious car, they were out and clustered together in the hustle and bustle of the party.

Astrid grabbed onto Livia and Alex, her grip on them tight enough to keep her from losing them. Alex stayed close to Lyra, mindful of her personal space but also not too eager to lose her in a crowd.

"EYYYYYYYY-" Came a farmilar voice, Astrid and Alex turned.

"EYYYYY-" Both of them responded at the same time. It was Finnick, tall, blonde, and looking like he just came off a magazine cover. He beamed at them, arms outstretched.

"I was thinking you guys weren't gonna make it!"

"We arrived an hour early.."Alex responded.

"The party starts when I arrive, and I arrived two hours ago. Get with it." Finnick's eyes shifted over to Lyra and Livia. "And who have we here? Two lovely ladies as well as two fresh faces." He took Lyra's hand, his lips barely brushing against her knuckle before releasing it. "I'm Finnick, it's a pleasure to meet you." He turned to Livia, grasping her hand firmly yet gently in both hands, rubbing the back of it slightly before letting her go. "I hope you two are gonna have as much fun as I am right now- and Astrid-" His gaze shifted to the darkly dressed girl. "Please try to not crush too many hearts and dreams tonight? I never enjoy doing the cleanup." He smirked at her, and she rolled her eyes.

"Hey if I recall it's YOU who has all the messy breakups, not me- Last I recall an ex girlfriend through a tv out the window and onto your fancy little Prius?"

"Oh, shut up-" Finnick leered down at her.

"Make me!" Astrid responded playfully, only for Finnick to blow a rather disgusting and spitty rasberry onto her cheek. "EW!" She shoved him back, the three amigo's laughing in unison.

"Chris's here- dunno where he is, though. Probably in some dark secluded corner writing angsty poetry." The blonde shrugged. "Anyway, I've got some business to attend to but I will see you ladies lay-tuh." He winked and disappeared back into the crowd, leaving Astrid whiping the spittle off her cheek.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 17th November 2013, 9:35 pm

[Attn: Party]

Lyra stares as her hand is taken and kissed by this gentleman. If not for previous experience with the gesture, she'd have flipped him. It still wasn't exactly something she was hugely comfortable with. But she was getting used to it. She'd gotten similar reactions from a few boys. When he steps away from her, she watches his actions. Once he is gone, she looks to the others. "I see why you wished to warn against him."

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 17th November 2013, 10:29 pm

[ATTN: Party]

For a moment, Livia's eyes flashed gold as Finnick took her hand, and Livia struggled to calm Val down. He hasn't even done anything yet!

He released her hand, and Livia let out a sigh. I will remain in control for the night, Livia thought to Val.

Provided you are not in imminent danger during the course of the night, Val added.

I'm a big girl, Val. I can handle myself at a party.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18th November 2013, 6:18 am

Astrid smiled at Lyra, her gaze wandering briefly over to Livia. She wondered if Finnick knew how close he came to a near death experience?

"He's not that bad once you get to know him. But whenever he sees a pretty girl I think a switch flips in his brain." She explained, Alex nodding in agreement. "Anyway, let's find Chris, unless either of you have something you wanna do? Flirting? Dancing? Maybe kicking some drunk frat boy ass?"

As she spoke, the two of them started to try to worm the group through the crowd, to varying degrees of success.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 18th November 2013, 1:20 pm

[Attn: Group]

Lyra saw the seeming difficulty being had, struggling through this crowd of people. As the crowd got thicker, Lyra took point, beginning to subtly force her way through. Strong though she may have been, she didn't wish to hurt anyone. She exerted herself just enough to clear a path and continued to follow the others. When asked what they would like to do, Lyra blinks. How should she know? She's never been to a party. "I will...observe," she responds. She didn't have the faintest idea of how to dance. She had no desire to pursue pre-courtship behaviors. And the notion of kicking a mule confused her. Was that some form of party activity? Ricochet had mentioned that some children's parties had a game referred to as 'Pin the tail on the donkey' but...

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th November 2013, 12:12 am

(ATTN: Lyra, Livia, Tyre, Open)
It was obvious the large cluster was getting them nowhere. They managed to find sanctuary near a snack table and Alex was recovering from a rather brutal stiletto heel attack to his foot.

Astrid sighed, trying to peek over the crowd. "Ugh- how many people got invited to this thing?"

"I think it's sorta a Jay Gatsby party. People are technically 'invited' but as long as you show up it's a free for all." Alex replied, hunched over near the edge of the table, rubbing his foot which was- luckily- not bleeding. "And Lyra if you wanted to people watch I could suggest some better places like parks...or coffee shops...or a place where your toes don't get stepped on-"

"And you don't get groped." Astrid chimed in, brow still furrowed searching for their friend.

"Exactly. But you could stick with me if you wanted, I sure as hell am not getting involved with any of this." He gestured to a couple of younger party goers engaging in some rather...questionable dancing.

"Ugh. I'm gonna look for Chris. If anyone needs to find me follow the trail of screaming, wounded frat boys with broken fingers." At that remark, Astrid disappeared into the crowd.

Alex sighed, knowing full well she could handle herself and nothing he could do or say could stop her. He stood, albeit with a pained expression on his face, and looked over to Livia. "I hereby suggest we ban spiked heels on the grounds that they're a threat to everyone involved."

Before anymore snide remarks could be made, a lone figure made its way- amazingly- undisturbed through the crowd.

Alex looked over to see it was Chris, and let out a rather large, haggard sigh.

Chris blinked in surprise, his expression asking 'did I do something wrong?'.

He held a cup of punch which possessed no evidence of spillage, and he didn't look nearly as mussed as Alex. Alex shook his head.

"Astrid just went out to look for you. Which means she should be back in five minutes...till never."

Chris frowned, looking through the crowd as if he expected her to magically return. "Ah...Should I go look for her?"

"Nah. She's probably long gone by now. We'll just have to wait for her. She's like a boomerang, she always comes back....eventually."
-

Astrid sighed, after fighting her way through the crowd looking for Chris, she was pretty sure she had managed to bruise most of her ribs and broke at least seven fingers...that luckily didn't belong to her. She leaned again'st a table, which looked more like a bar. Unlike the other tables it looked like it actually belonged permanently on the grounds, a pool sprawled out behind it.

'This house a frickin huge. It's ridiculous...Who even needs this much space?' Astrid thought to herself, turning around and leaning backwards against the table, observing the evening sky. Dark and ominous. If not for the noise of the party around her, it would've been actually rather peaceful....

"Hey, girl, you a magician?" She looked over to see a boy, who couldn't have been older than twenty, talking to her. Instead of being surprised or denying it, she gave a wry smile.

"Yepp. 'The Great Astrowski'." Astrid had learned vehemently denying a claim like that made one more suspicious than any outlandish *and true* story ever did.

"Nice." He smirked. "I'm a magician too, actually."

Astrid raised her eyebrows, trying to feign amusement. "Oh, really?"

The boy then leaned over, whispering something in her ear that made even the slightest feign of amusement drop from her face. As he pulled away she maintained a smile, albeit a tight one. She pulled out a match, and grasped a bottle of liquor behind her, she didn't even care whose it was.

She was gonna show him a magic trick.

She took a large swig of it, but didn't swallow. She scratched the match against the rigid, concrete surface of the countertop, lighting it. She spat the liquid from her mouth as she held the match level with her lips. Fire blew from her lips, turning her into a dragon. The flame blew up into the boys face, forcing him to scramble back. But it was a bit too late. The front fringe of his hair, and his eyebrows, were alight. She could hear the applause of the crowd around her, and, as the boy stumbled backwards and into the pool, laughter. She flicked the match into the pool, and set the bottle down, offering the entertained crowd a flamboyant bow before taking her chance to escape.
She skirted around the edges of the crowd, finding a quiet corner inhabited by people most would call the 'wallflowers'. She laughed to herself, she never thought she would fall in with this crowd, at least not again. Even she had had an awkward phase. She looked back up at the sky, the sun had already faded down below the earth. The moon- wait, what was that?

The sight didn't exactly surprise her as much as she found it unusual. Someone was essentially swimming leisurely through the sky. She squinted, trying to see if she could identify whoever it was. And, of course, she could. She slipped back along the edges of the crowd, slipping into the extremely large house unnoticed. She stepped over the occasional passed out party goer and locked herself in a unused bathroom. But judging from the stench coming from the toilet, it hadn't been unused for long. She pushed her hands through the air and stepped through a portal, floating into the cool night sky. She looked down- from this far up no one would be able to see, let alone recognize her. She floated towards the figure lazily swimming his way through the sky.

"Sup, Astro Boy, my party not good enough for you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th November 2013, 12:42 am

[Attn: Astrid, Open]

The nebula cluster was gorgeous right now, it's swirling matter reflecting the light of one of its stars in a rainbow pattern. He remembered when he'd used to be out in space looking at it firsthand.

His scanners alerted him to an anomaly, but he was too distracted by his own thoughts to pay it any mind. What he wouldn't give to...

"Sup, Astro Boy, my party not good enough for you?"

"Woah! What the h*ll!" he exclaimed, slightly faltering in the sky, dropping a foot before righting himself and returning his vision up close. Astrid. He looked her up and down.

"D*mn," he said. "That's what you were wearin'? You could start bar fights in that outfit."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next