View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Exemplar: Engage

Post by Ink on 11th June 2013, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Closed]

Armada, Attack!
Warriors, Rise!
Exemplar...Engage!

I've forgotten how long it's been since my dad passed away. It feels like it's been years. God knows my sense of time is terrible. The Exemplar disbanded not a month later. That was one heck of a decision. Then again, most of them have gone and settled into normal lives. When daddy died, I guess it scared a lot of them. The chance to have a normal life isn't something to take for granted, I suppose. I still see some of them every once in a while but...I miss it. I miss going out and smashing bad guys' skulls together. Ah, come on, Polly, how would Liberty or American respond if you'd said that out loud? "It's not about that. It's about helping people and doing the right thing." They're right but...god beating up bad guys was fun.

The Exemplar, the debatable greatest superheroes on the planet, disbanded some time ago. This woman, the jovial young Paulina Powers, walks in through the front door of her large suburban home, feeling strangely empty. It was a feeling she'd hand since the day her father perished, helping to defend Earth's Greatest Champions against their deadliest foes joined under the title of "The Nefaria". She lived alone now but that wasn't it. She'd lived alone before. Now was simply the first time she actually felt...lonely.

Then, as if a star listening from the sky had heard her wish, something truly unexpected occurs. As Paulina sits at her reading desk, she sees a light approaching the window. Using her psionic powers, she wills a barrier of psychic energy into place. It helps nothing. The figure is the mighty demigod, Gladius, powerful enough to level the entire building ten times over. As he crashes through the window and the floor, Polly looks to him as he lies in the basement of her home. Forming butterfly-like wings upon her back, she floats down to him. "Gladius! What are you-"

"Mortal friend, Powers," Gladius says as she helps him up. "This world is in dire need of its greatest champions."

"So you came to ME, of all people? Not American or Liberty, or-"

"You were the nearest and know, by heart, the whereabouts of the quarters where the rest lay their heads."

Super Criminals and Villains were at large by the dozen in the bustling city of Skyline as of late. Meanwhile, more and more heroes were beginning to decline. The Exemplar, the shining examples of heroism in this city, had gone. The next best thing, the Warriors, had only just disappeared. The city was falling into chaos. But Polly hadn't the faintest idea of how bad it was until she saw this, the Exemplar's biggest gun, second only to the nigh omnipotent Number 7, battered and thrown aside. "What did this to you?"

"I am unsure. But if I were to venture a guess, they will have been the cretinous demi-devils known as the Negative. There were but three of them. They attacked, having taken me unawares. Fight, I did, but their power was great individually. When combining their efforts..."

The Negative...the Warriors tended to take care of situations involving them. They had the only usable weapon against them in the city; Scarecrow. The Negative were a high level threat. They would need to be dealt with in high level response. They'd need the Exemplar treatment. "Come on," Polly says, deciding to help the injured demigod outside. "Try not to change back into your mortal form. I have a feeling this one is the only thing keeping you alive right now. I'm getting you to some place where you can get medical attention. Then...then I'm getting the band back together," she says as she moves him toward the garage where her car sat.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Silk the Child of Arachne
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Exemplar: Engage

Post by Ink on 23rd July 2013, 4:13 pm

[Attn: Negative Zone]

Half-Ghost parries jab after slash until her blade meets the flesh of her doppelganger. "Ever the cynical fool, Zoa. You are correct. I was bred to be the ultimate killing machine. Perfect for murder but immune to death. But that is where your accuracy fails you. Thanks to my time as a Warrior, among these people I have come to know as allies and friends, I understand the value of life and of emotion. And the emotion I feel now--" She pulls her blade out of the echo and sheathes it. "Annoyed, mostly." The reflection then drops to the ground.

Diamond throws all of her weight backwards, bringing her mirror image down with her. "Buddy, you're about a year behind," she says as she gets up, lifting the copy by the collar of her vest. "Yeah, at first it might've been about finding a distraction. But I quit cold turkey ages ago. I'm no bully and I'm definitely no crook. You, on the other hand are a jerk who takes people's freedom. Can't say I admire that." Then she winds back and punches her doppelganger in the face as hard as she can, causing it to fly off, landing far away and sliding even farther.

Invader's eyes glow bright red as she lifts her double, spinning it around rapidly before getting control of herself back. Then she uses the power of her mind to drive it into the ground and continually lift it back into the air, bringing it down like a pile driver. "You are mistaken, Zoa. I did initially believe that taking the crystal would resolve my personal problems. But I stopped myself. I took the crystal later because my world was doomed with it or without it. But without it there was a chance to start anew. So now the burden of watching over the gem is mine alone. If it destroys me, then so be it. But I will not allow it to destroy anyone else!"

Flip-Side takes the upper hand, sweeping her shadow's feet out from under it then punching it back down when it starts to spring back up. "You think I'm trying to make up for the fact that I was born to be a madman's heir? No. Nothing's changing that. But you're a complete idiot if you think WHAT I am is what makes me WHO I am," she says. "Everyone has darkness in 'em. You're right. But whether or not we choose to let that darkness define us is our own choice."

Polly opens her eyes and suddenly her shade is snatched by a tyrannosaurus and juggled around before being slammed down into the ground. "You've got one thing right. I really don't ever learn my lesson. Because for some reason I keep giving the bad guys time to monologue." The serpent fades away and she dusts herself off. "I was a kid back then. A stupid, selfish, attention whore of a kid. But a wise man once said that being a superhero has a funny way of forcing you to grow up. Call me crazy but I think he was right."

Wild-Child grabs a hold of one of her feral counterpart's claws and swings around, throwing it away then gets up, sneakily reaching into one of her glove pouches with her hands behind her back. "You know something," she says as her doppelganger charges. "You really love to hear yourself talk." Then she throws a few impact pods into its mouth and when they go off, its thrown back, landing hard on the ground. "When you love hearing yourself talk that much, you should really make sure that you know what you're talking about. I've been fighting the urge to just let myself turn into that thing for weeks. It's cold, it's savage, it's so not me. Everyone wishes they could throw a colossal temper tantrum. But if that means losing who you are...then I'll pass."

Gladius looks up into his echo's soulless eyes then brings his knee to its gut, deflecting the spear so that it sticks into the ground. Then he uses his own spear and runs it up through the copy. "Demon, you know nothing of my existence. The gods created me because they owned up to their mistakes and shortcomings. They wanted to leave the mortal world with one last boon. What that represented their wisdom and power well. But to keep me humble, they bound me to a mortal man. At first I detested the very thought...but now I see the wisdom of that decision. Arrogant though I may have been, now I am merely certain that you will fall!"

"Zoa" Mercury says as she unleashes an explosion that throws her replica away from her. "You're an idiot. Fire can hurt. Even kill. But it is not only pain and death. Fire is also rebirth. It purges the decay and creates soil so that new life may begin and thrive. And it's light. The sun gives us hope and direction...guidance. At first I did this because I was afraid of myself. I did it sooth my fear. Then I started getting sloppy and people got hurt. Now I'd like to think I'm doing this for the right reasons. I want to be a beacon. And we all know what light does to you."

With every shade's fall, the reflections dissipate and Zoa hisses, more and more angrily. One by one the heroes are released from their black prisons. Now only Zoa stands before them. "You stupid...WILLFUL, little creatures. I will-"

"You'll nothin'," a familiar voice says. Zoa turns in time to be grabbed and thrown over the side of the isle. Standing in his place now is Scarecrow.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd July 2013, 4:23 pm

[Attn: Open]

With the dissipation of his doppelganger, Coír fell to one knee. He was spent, so much pleased was he when he saw Scarecrow free.

"Oh, thank God..." he breathed.

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 23rd July 2013, 6:49 pm

[Attn: Negative Zone]

"Yo, Stitches," Diamond-Girl says. "How 'bout you get us outta here?"

"Right," Scarecrow says bluntly as his hand is enshrouded in shadowy black aura. He brings his hand up and swings down, seemingly clawing a literal hole in space-time that results in a black portal out.

"All right, everyone. Let's move before Zoa can bounce back from this," Polly says.

"Roger," American says as he steps through the portal behind her.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd July 2013, 8:56 pm

Coír thought they'd never ask. Forcing himself to his feet, he charged into the portal with Sentinel right behind. It was past time to go back to a place where the creep factor was dialed down from the ninth circle of hell.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 23rd July 2013, 11:46 pm

[Attn: All]

As the remainder of the heroes step through the portal, Scarecrow closes it behind him and turns to the others. "He's not getting out anymore," he says. Suddenly he's nearly tackled off his feet as Mercury beams by and squeezes him as tightly as she can. "Were we really in there that long after you got sent back here the first time?"

"No," Mercury responds before backing off. "But I needed to hug someone. I hate that place."

"I second that notion," Polly says.

"Warriors, we still have work to do," Flip-Side speaks up. "Scarecrow, Mercury, go see about closing that rift. Everyone else, cleanup detail. Help trapped civvies, clear the streets, whatever you can do to help."

"It was nice workin' with you guys again," Diamond says. "But where're the rest of you?"

"We're...trying something new," Polly responds.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th July 2013, 9:03 am

[Attn: Sentinel, All]

Coír slugged Sentinel on the arm. "Good job," he said. "You made it."

He turned and walked over to the others. He wasn't as bouncily exuberant, but he still cheerfully shook hands with all of the Warriors. "Honor to meet you, all."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 24th July 2013, 11:12 am

[ATTN: Coir, Open]

She rolled her eyes at Coir from inside her helmet, secretly shaking with relief. "I'll go clean up," she said, jumping into the air. She had enough power for that. "Join me when you're done."

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th July 2013, 12:29 pm

"Okay," he said. "Um, but first, I'd like to check on my family. Be back lat--" His phone buzzed. "Gotta take this."

He floated high into the sky and pushed the answer button. "Hey, mom--"

"Leonard Renald Johnson!"

He pulled it away from his ear. Sometimes enhanced senses sucked.

"Where have you been?! Why haven't you answered your phone?!"

"I'm sorry, mom," he said. "Those black things attacked again and it was all Gos and I could do to keep enough bright light to keep the warehouse from being overrun." Please let her not say something like, "I'm at the warehouse, now!"

There was silence. "Oh yes," she said. "I forgot about--I didn't think--you're safe? Those things didn't get you?"

"It got a little hairy, admittedly," he said. "I was...I was pretty scared, but...I'm okay. Gos and I are just doing a little cleanup, now. I was just about to call you to--to make sure you and Cit were okay."

"Well, I'm at the hospital, but Citrine is fine, she said. She was worried about you--you didn't hear that from me--so just call her and let her know. For me?"

"Anything for you, mom?"

"How about cleaning your room?"

"Except that," he teased.

His mother chuckled. "Yeah, anything, huh?"

"Meatloaf."

At that she really laughed. "My quirky little boy. Okay. Just--I'm glad you're okay."

"I'm more glad that you're okay."

"Hey. Mother's love outweighs the child's."

"I call bull."

"Call it all you want. Doesn't change the truth. I gotta get back to work. The injured are coming in in droves. I love you."

"Love you, too, mom. Bye."

He felt guilty, but he hadn't lied, just bent the truth a little. He looked around, then called his sister.

"What do you want?" she toned in irritation.

"Making sure you didn't try and take my playstation out of my room and claim it as your own because of those creatures."

"Ha! As if I'd want your cheap junk!"

"That's not cheap nor junk. Unlike your--"

"You shall not speak blasphemy against my Xbox or your station will go mysteriously disappearing."

"Yeah, yeah." He paused for a moment. "So...you're okay?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" Her voice trembled a bit and he felt guilty.

"You weren't alone for all of that, were you?"

"Huh? What kind of crap are you--no. No, I had a couple girlfriends over."

"Good." he said with relief. "Er...of course you'd have those freeloaders over. Probably not a scrap of ice cream left!"

"No. We dumped it on your playstation, loser." There was a pause. "So, you weren't hurt?"

"A little roughed up, but safe."

"Good. Not like I care or anything. Mother worries, is all."

He chuckled. "I understand completely."

"A--anyway. Quit talking to me. I'm gonna get loser germs talking to you. Adios." She hung up.

He smiled. Terribly dishonest little thing. He looked off to the east; there was one more thing he needed to check on. He flew off.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 24th July 2013, 1:53 pm

[Attn: All]

Silk and Man-Monster stands back-to-back, fending off as many of the Negative as they can at this point, worn out from the constant battle. "This is looking quite grim, I'm afraid," Man-Monster says, trying to transform into something large and imposing. The best he could muster was a rather small dragon, breathing fire to drive back as many as he could. Meanwhile Silk lifts one of the spawns over her head and throws it into a cluster on the approach. "I hope the rest of our might allies are well."

Across town, Scarecrow stands in front of the collapsed building where the rift expels spawns like no tomorrow. Mercury fires a stream of flames into the rift, driving back anything on its way out. Then Scarecrow throws a bolt of Negative Energy into the mouth of the portal. The rift seems to collapse on itself for all of a brief moment before opening back and now appearing as more of a vortex. Mercury grabs hold of Scarecrow and flies away from it as the vicious black swirl begins to drag in negative spawns all around the city. Corrupted people are separated from their negative bindings and behemoths as forced in. It was as if this ripple in space time had become a drain, pulling in all of the Negative creatures at once. When the last behemoth is pulled to, it resists. Scarecrow and Mercury watch as the eye of Zoa appears on it and it glares directly at them. You have not won. Then the eye disappears and the behemoth plummets down into the rift as it closes.

Those attacking the hospital were gone. Those downtown where Silk and Man-Monster were holding their ground had vanished. All was at rest, it seemed.

Half-Ghost stands in the streets, helping people out of an overturned bus while Diamond-Girl and Invader help clear out debris and pile it up so crews can come and get it later. As Mercury and Scarecrow return, they look to their teammates. "Mission Accomplished," Mercury says.

"So I see," Flip-Side responds, watching from a nearby rooftop. "Well done."

Polly visits the hospital the next morning to donate money to cover the medical bills of those seriously injured by this debacle. As she leaves, she glances up and sees a news report on. "Just when it seemed the city was going to be overrun, supers began popping up from all sides, fighting off the vicious Negative and defending civilians in peril-" The reporter would continue to go on about the return of a number of these heroes but Polly hadn't the time to mind it. She'd almost forgotten what it was like, saving the city. Even after being out of the game for so long, she had to admit. It felt good.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th July 2013, 1:58 pm

(ATTN: Open)
 Scorpion shrugged, he ran into people like him surprisingly often. He nudged his toe under the flashlight and kicked it upwards, catching it as it flew through the air.
"Okay...so superhero-ing....right." He aimed his clawshot at a nearby building, firing it, and once it was clamped on, swung off the building.
'Sometimes it is nice to have someone boss you in the right direction...'

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th July 2013, 4:43 pm

"You seem to be visiting this area quite a bit, hero. You look like you need a nap...or a coma."

Coír grinned. "You should see the other guys...er, things."

She chuckled. "Seriously? Go back to Captain Macho cause Dark Throat Cancer is just killing me."

"A-anyway--"

"Better."

"--you saved my life, so I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

She smiled and nodded. "Fair enough, though I'm pretty sure I already said you don't owe me anything."

"No, you seemed to imply that you owed me..."

"A guy who listens. A prize catch, there. You must be dynamite with the ladies."

Coír went red as a beet. "W-w-well, y-y'know...I, uh..."

She burst out laughing. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. You're too adorable. Chill, dude, it's not a bad thing," she added in response to the indignant rebuttal about to fly out of his mouth.

"I...uh..."

"Tell ya what," she said. "You keep coming around and maybe I might help you solve the mystery. Besides, I already promised you something--you just came back sooner than I thought you would."

"Um...okay...?"

"Well, that is, if you think it's a mystery worth looking--what are you doing?"

"Clean up," he said, hefting a large beam that had fallen over. "It's what I'm supposed to be doing."

"You don't have to--"

"No, but I want to. No worries...I'll be doing this all over, not just here."

She smiled. "Fair enough."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 24th July 2013, 9:37 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Sentinel found the way to her warehouse after she cleaned up a bit, making sure no one was watching when she landed in the alley and went inside. She took a breath, finally turning her gauges back on. Probably should have done that earlier - under 20% power. She breathed a sigh, her suit clanking as she walked over to the powering station and storage at the back of the warehouse.

She took off her suit, hanging it up and setting it to charge, before she went back and turned to Argus. She booted it up, watching the green dot for a while hovering around the same area. She sighed. It'd be nice if she could stay out longer. Her powers required batteries though. She was almost jealous...

She shook her head. No. She didn't need superpowers. Just a bigger battery...

She went to the minifridge, popping open a can of mountain dew as she pulled out her phone to call her mother.

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th July 2013, 10:55 pm

He awoke at Gosalyn's warehouse on the cot he had there. He felt a pleasant soreness in his muscles. It didn't happen often, but he enjoyed it when it did. Mostly because it meant he'd done good work.

He stretched, beaming as he remembered the night's events. Elise was adamant that she give him food and drink for his trouble. She was very difficult to argue against. Afterward, she actually followed him around as he helped out in the city--well, the first couple of blocks. He had been awkward at first, but he liked to think he'd been on even footing by the time she bid him goodnight. That was his story, anyway.

He walked out into the main area. "Gos...?" he called out.

He looked around, then listened. He heard her nearby her suit, her breathing even with sleep. A wicked grin crossed his face followed by a gleam in his eye. He sped off to his room and pulled--itching powder.

He sped back to her suit, listening again. He was golden. Very carefully did he put the powder in her suit so that it wouldn't be obvious. Ohhhhhh, payback shall be sweet...

Quickly did he return to his room to hide the evidence. Then he resumed. "Goooos...?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 25th July 2013, 12:37 am

[ATTN: Coir]

Gosalyn was out like a light the first time he called, curled up on her own cot near her work almost defensively, nearly hidden behind papers and equipment. It wasn't until he called the third time that she woke violently, jerking herself up with one hand and reaching out blindly with the other, knocking into the scrap metal around her with a small yell.

"What? What is it-?"

She shook her hand, finding Coir, and relaxed. "S-sorry," she mumbled, rubbing at her eyes. Damn it, she fell asleep again. She hated that now. Used to be she found sleeping a necessary inconvenience, but after the incident...

She rarely slept without nightmares now. She stumbled to her feet. "Mind getting me something from the fridge?" she asked. I think my time's up on my experiment, she realized. Which meant she had to tell him about Argus today. Lovely.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 25th July 2013, 12:51 am

[Attn: Gosalyn]

He frowned guiltily. Still having nightmares. He couldn't blame her, though. He sometimes woke up in cold sweats. That guy had nearly murdered them both...

"Sure," he said. "Whaddaya need?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 25th July 2013, 12:56 am

"Anything," she said. "Help yourself too." She turned to Argus, rubbing at her eyes, still exhausted. Nothing caffeine wouldn't fix. "Stick around a bit too, I gotta show you something."

When he would open the fridge, he'd see nothing but rows and rows of mountain dew staring back at him. On the top shelf were a few other energy drinks she'd been trying, and a water bottle filled with some mystery liquid. "Don't drink from the water bottle!" she added quickly.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 25th July 2013, 1:33 am

He blinked. "Seriously, Gos, we need to talk," he said. "You need something in here besides soda! I can't believe I'm saying that..." he groaned. Soda was nerd fuel.

He grabbed two cans of Dew and shut the fridge, heading back. "Is that the water bottle that'll turn you into Ms. Hyde?" he joked.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 25th July 2013, 1:40 am

She shook her head, holding out her hand for a can. "No. It's all that five hour energy stuff. I like it, but having to crack open one of those little bottles every time I need a shot is a pain, so I just take sips from that."

She popped the can and took a breath. "Anyway, come here a sec," she said, walking over to Argus. "I'm going to say right now that I've been keeping a secret from you lately, but it was a necessity, so don't get too pissed. Argus, boot up." The computer went online, and the two dimentional map went up, with a green dot hovering over their current location. His suit was in the warehouse then.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 25th July 2013, 2:14 am

"Um..." he began, looking it over. "Uh...what am I looking at, exactly...?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 25th July 2013, 2:19 am

She sighed. "This is Argus. A digital map of the entire city. That," she said, pointing to the dot, "is you. Well, your suit, specifically. I place nanotrackers on your suit two weeks ago, and you show up here." She waved her hands at the screen, then continued quickly. "I'd have told you, but I wanted to know if I could place trackers... discreetly. Say on an especially elusive villain. Otherwise the idea was to have a hub where one could see where the heroes in the city are and, well, plan a city wide defense if need be."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 25th July 2013, 2:26 am

It took a minute for Leonard to register what she said. "Wait...you mean you've been tracking..."

He gave her a long look. "Invasion of privacy much?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 25th July 2013, 2:30 am

[ATTN: Leonard]

She knew he'd fixate on that. Knew it. Here came the awkward part (not like the rest hadn't been awkward). "Yes, I know," she said. "Only when you're being hero boy, it is on your suit after all. I needed to test it on someone who I thought wouldn't beat me senseless when they found out."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 25th July 2013, 3:06 am

She sits in her room, reading a few notes and doing a little studying while she called around. She hadn't found a summer job yet but she was certainly keeping busy. Patience jolts when her door unexpectedly flies open and her brother walks in. "Patty, ma says to get downstairs and eat something...what are you doing?"

"Studying. What do you want?"

"It's July. Who studies in July?"

"Some of us want to get places in life, now would you mind getting out of my room? I'll be down shortly," Patience hastily replies, hiding her Ex-Com under a few loose papers on her desk. Her brother stands in the doorway for a moment of awkward silence, looking at her as if try to understand the actions of some creature in nature. Finally he leaves and Patience slumps back in her chair, sighing in relief.

"Renae, you will stop right there and listen to me," the angry mother of Ren Stevenson snaps. "What if something happened to you? After what I went through with your father-"

"YOU went through? What, like I was two and don't remember it? I was eleven. I remember him and the day that crook ended him for the paper in his wallet just fine, I think."

"Then you understand why I can't go through it again, Ren. I know you hate me but I just want you to-"

Ren pauses at the door and turns around to face her mother. "Be safe. I know. And the only way to be sure is to sit in a house in the most dangerous neighborhood in the city. Meanwhile the woman who gave birth to me is too stupid to realize that maybe I don't hate her. Maybe I happen to just find it hypocritical that she's lecturing me on this when every day she's pinning a badge on herself and going off into one of the most dangerous, most unpredictable jobs ever. Maybe that's my problem, huh?"

She and her mother stand opposite one another before Ren finally turns and leaved the house, slamming the door behind her.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 25th July 2013, 11:12 am

He breathed out through his nose and cupped his face with his hands. He was quiet for a moment. "I can't say I'm happy about being your unwitting guinea pig," he grumbled. "What worries me is how you did it so casually. Are you gonna have limits for experimentation on people, or are you gonna go full-blown mad scientist one day...?"

He paced in agitation. "I mean...I'm your friend for crying out loud!" he snapped. He sighed. "Y'know what? Fine. Whatever. I really do hope you kept it centered on me. Because if you did that to the others..." He sighed heavily again. "Fine. Fine. Whatever. Just...whatever..."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 25th July 2013, 11:42 am

[ATTN: Leonard]

Gosalyn went red. "For the love of - this wasn't freaking casual," she snapped, hurt. How could he just assume the worst like that...? "Its because I'm your friend that I did this to you because I worry about you!"

She upended her can of soda and chugged, choking back how upset she was. "I wanted to be able to find you if you needed me, okay? I'm not some crazy mad scientist!" Zoa had said the same thing to her. She wasn't. "If you want me to take it off now, fine," she snapped. "I just need your suit."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top