View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Exemplar: Engage

Post by Ink on 11th June 2013, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Closed]

Armada, Attack!
Warriors, Rise!
Exemplar...Engage!

I've forgotten how long it's been since my dad passed away. It feels like it's been years. God knows my sense of time is terrible. The Exemplar disbanded not a month later. That was one heck of a decision. Then again, most of them have gone and settled into normal lives. When daddy died, I guess it scared a lot of them. The chance to have a normal life isn't something to take for granted, I suppose. I still see some of them every once in a while but...I miss it. I miss going out and smashing bad guys' skulls together. Ah, come on, Polly, how would Liberty or American respond if you'd said that out loud? "It's not about that. It's about helping people and doing the right thing." They're right but...god beating up bad guys was fun.

The Exemplar, the debatable greatest superheroes on the planet, disbanded some time ago. This woman, the jovial young Paulina Powers, walks in through the front door of her large suburban home, feeling strangely empty. It was a feeling she'd hand since the day her father perished, helping to defend Earth's Greatest Champions against their deadliest foes joined under the title of "The Nefaria". She lived alone now but that wasn't it. She'd lived alone before. Now was simply the first time she actually felt...lonely.

Then, as if a star listening from the sky had heard her wish, something truly unexpected occurs. As Paulina sits at her reading desk, she sees a light approaching the window. Using her psionic powers, she wills a barrier of psychic energy into place. It helps nothing. The figure is the mighty demigod, Gladius, powerful enough to level the entire building ten times over. As he crashes through the window and the floor, Polly looks to him as he lies in the basement of her home. Forming butterfly-like wings upon her back, she floats down to him. "Gladius! What are you-"

"Mortal friend, Powers," Gladius says as she helps him up. "This world is in dire need of its greatest champions."

"So you came to ME, of all people? Not American or Liberty, or-"

"You were the nearest and know, by heart, the whereabouts of the quarters where the rest lay their heads."

Super Criminals and Villains were at large by the dozen in the bustling city of Skyline as of late. Meanwhile, more and more heroes were beginning to decline. The Exemplar, the shining examples of heroism in this city, had gone. The next best thing, the Warriors, had only just disappeared. The city was falling into chaos. But Polly hadn't the faintest idea of how bad it was until she saw this, the Exemplar's biggest gun, second only to the nigh omnipotent Number 7, battered and thrown aside. "What did this to you?"

"I am unsure. But if I were to venture a guess, they will have been the cretinous demi-devils known as the Negative. There were but three of them. They attacked, having taken me unawares. Fight, I did, but their power was great individually. When combining their efforts..."

The Negative...the Warriors tended to take care of situations involving them. They had the only usable weapon against them in the city; Scarecrow. The Negative were a high level threat. They would need to be dealt with in high level response. They'd need the Exemplar treatment. "Come on," Polly says, deciding to help the injured demigod outside. "Try not to change back into your mortal form. I have a feeling this one is the only thing keeping you alive right now. I'm getting you to some place where you can get medical attention. Then...then I'm getting the band back together," she says as she moves him toward the garage where her car sat.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Silk the Child of Arachne
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Exemplar: Engage

Post by Ink on 29th August 2013, 11:09 pm

[Attn: Open]

"Thanks for speaking with me, Polly," Bethany says as she takes a seat in Polly's office.

"Don't mention it, Officer Washington. How may I help you?"

Bethany's eyes dart around the office and she blinks constantly. "My partner is on to something that may concern your team, particularly its well being. He seems to believe that the abduction and the disappearance of Professor Blaine are linked to a recent prison break. When the Negative attacked the detention center, enough systems were knocked out that a few criminals escaped. Of them, the only super criminals to get away had...history with your team. Major Ruin, Frightfest, Scarlet Streak, and U.F.O."

"The Syndicate? We hadn't considered that," Polly says. "Frightfest WAS Blaine's partner before he went criminal. It could be the equivalent of taking out two birds with one stone if he intends to use Blaine's work against us. Heaven knows it's dangerous. Even to Gladius."

"Ethereal Energy is best left in the plane it comes from, Ms. Powers," Bethany says.

"Ain't that the truth."

Suddenly Bethany's cell goes off. "Excuse me a moment. Hello? Devlin? What are you doing, calling me on my personal...Devlin, we're on the clock right now, you can't just...what?" Bethany glances up to Polly. "He's at Blaine's house. He found evidence. Maybe it can lead you to-"

"Way ahead of you," Polly says, slamming the button on her desk to raise all the coms. "Team, I'm sending an address to you all on your Ex-Coms. Get there ASAP." She then gets up and throws on her jacket. "You coming?"

"If I don't, he'll probably blow a fuse. Let's go."

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 30th August 2013, 8:19 am

[ATTN: Alex, Open]

She hissed in annoyance as she was hailed again, putting her helmet on as she worked. She paused, finally dropping her work and standing to retrieve the rest of her suit.

She tuned into Scorpion. "Change of plan, something might be going down so meet me," and she gave him the address.

She changed the channel to the rest of the exemplar. "Oy, I found another super who might be some help so I'm dragging him along if we need him."

Without another word she was off.

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31st August 2013, 11:47 am

(ATTN: OPEN)
Alex, sat up, slightly bleary eyed as he received the message.
"Wai- wha-" But, no matter how many half finished words he slurred out, she had already disconnected.

He blinked. That was....curt, to say the least. He dragged himself off his couch, ready to face whatever minor catastrophe awaited him next.
-

He swung through the sky, a feat that was probably far harder than it looked. But, he had gotten used to it, it was like walking to him, now. All he had to focus on was not running into anything, birds especially.

He was close to the address she had given him, now. And wondered if any more ephemeral monstrosities awaited him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 31st August 2013, 12:37 pm

Polly pulls up to the house with Officer Washington in her sleek little sports car and gets out. The authorities had been here officially but there was no evidence of anything. Devlin wasn't authorized to be here, but he was. It was a tall, suburban house across the bridge on mainland, built for a four person family. Blaine once had a wife but she left him and their two children years ago. "And here we are," Polly says.

Soon the Star-Spangled Superhero arrives, riding on the back of a jet black dragon. When that dragon lands, it morphs into the somewhat human form of Man-Monster. Gladius had been flying alongside them, landing at their side with his golden scepter in hand. "Is this the lair of our foe?"

"No, Gladius, this is the lair of who may, very well, be the victim," Polly says as she tries a trick with her psi-powers to try unlocking the door. "I think...yep, got it." The door opens and she steps in.

Wild-Child swings in on her newly upgraded Snap-Lash and lands in the street. "Breaking and Entering, are we? And here I thought people would STOP thinking I was a criminal if I joined this team," she remarks. "Who's the new guy?"

"It's not a crime, technically. We work with the government and law enforcement allows us certain...liberties, given our talents," Polly retorts as everyone follows her in. "And we'll explain him in a minute...rather, we'll let Sentinel do it. She found him in the first place. But for now, investigation time." Silk had landed there as well, not far behind Wild-Child, staying to the back. She noted the additional person but she didn't see it as her place to question the team.

Inside, a man in a trench coat emerges from seemingly nowhere. "Beth, you brought the capes?"

"Technically, only one member of the Exemplar ever has worn a cape," Polly speaks up.

"...Sure. Beth, that investigation team did a pretty lousy job. C'mere," Devlin says.

"No, Dev. We aren't authorized to....right...you don't care."

"Good call," Devlin says as he presses a hidden button beneath one of the stair rails. Each stair suddenly raises up and creates a passage into a hidden room. "Doc had a lot of time on his hands." At the end of this passageway is a flight of stairs going down into a basement level. "There were no basement plans in the blueprints of the house. The old guy mast've dug it out himself. Hired a few people, maybe paid em off to have em keep quiet."

Devlin turns on a television and presses a button on the camera connected to it. This is Blaine Log 89. This...will most likely be my final entry. I do not believe that such a simple mistake from so many years ago has hunted and chased me down to this end. I have successfully tapped into the energy of the Ethereal Dimension...in its raw form. Regardless of the emotion that fuels it, I have finally found a way to channel the power of Omniman! But...I regret that it may never see use that benefits the world...I question whether or not that kind of power is something that should be open to the world. After seeing what Omniman is capable of...A person is smart. People are buffoons. Stupid, Arrogant, Rash little buffoons. My...old partner was wrongfully accused all those years ago. I didn't have all of the facts and, as a result, his career, his entire life suffered. His descent into crime as the masked criminal "Frightfest" is understandable. He came to me last night. I had been looking, high and low for my missing daughters and their babysitter. At first I thought the girl might have taken them...hasty judgment on my part. Karen wouldn't hurt a fly. No...Frightfest took them all. He took them to get to me...to get me to make some sort of Ether Bomb. He's found powerful allies. If I fail, I fear for myself and the children...but if I succeed, I fear for the world...I will be going there to finish work on the weapon shortly. I doubt I will survive. In the event that I don't, my little angels, let these be my last words to you. "Do not make the same mistakes as I did. I love you.

"So the Syndicate does have him," American says. "Not exactly a happy thought, considering what they have him working on." He then notes the number of blank or confused faces in the room. "The Syndicate is a group of super criminals that formed specifically with the idea of eliminating the Exemplar in mind. They're incredibly dangerous."

"Omniman can bench press a skyscraper on a good day. That kind of power concentrated into a bomb could wipe out half the Eastern Seaboard," Polly says.

"So, you were right, Devlin...now what?" Bethany asks.

"Isn't it obvious? Find the Syndicate and stick it to them."

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 1st September 2013, 2:50 pm

Coír responded to the comm and took to the air. It was a beautiful day out.

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 1st September 2013, 6:02 pm

[ATTN: Team]

When Gos landed she saw much of the team was already there, Scorpion cautiously to the side. She nodded at him, signaling him to follow as she went inside. She could introduce him after they finished up here.

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 1st September 2013, 6:14 pm

[Attn: All]

Polly thinks for a moment. "Oh, Sentinel, I'm sorry. You wanted to introduce your friend, here?"

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 2nd September 2013, 7:09 pm

[ATTN: All]

She blinked, and crossed her hands behind her back. "Right. This is Scorpion. I ran into him a day ago and he was incredibly helpful. He showed an interest in us so I told him to come with me for this. I figured any extra hands could be helpful considering how things are right now..."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 2nd September 2013, 9:01 pm

Coír stood quietly. A new recruit? That sounded exciting.

His mind wandered to Elise. He wondered if he'd get to see her today. What should they do? Would it be lame if he asked her to the arcade? Probably would. She was so cool and he was so...not. He sighed.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3rd September 2013, 8:15 pm

(ATTN: Group)
Alex kept silent, staying on the outskirts of the group, awkward, left out, and doing anything to change it. Lovely, high school all over again.

He took a step forward as the figure introduced him. He gave a two fingered wave. "'Ello. Scorpion, nice to meet you." Sort of. He clasped his hands behind his back, having no idea what he was in for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 3rd September 2013, 11:33 pm

"Scorpion...I have not had the best history with those," Wild-Child says offhandedly with her arms crossed as she looks around the room.  "Or bugs in general, for that matter."

Silk slinks back a bit behind the others at that comment, holding one arm.  "Charmed," she says.

"It's nice to see others giving a helping hand, at least," Polly says as she fiddles with an earring.  "Officer Bates, did you find any clues as to where the Syndicate is?"

Devlin shakes his head.  "Not a thing."

"Wait.  Polly, now that we know what he was working on, all we have to do is trace the most potent source of Ethereal Energy in the vicinity," American says.

"That's assuming they're in the city," Polly says.

"They will be.  Those blinded by unsaturated vengeance grow impatient after a time.  The closer they are to the source of their anger, the faster they might go about disposing of it," Gladius states.

"Besides, Polly, Frightfest is intelligent but he's about as smart as a two year old."

"Now, American, that is an insult to two year olds everywhere," Man-Monster says.  "Anywho, the boy is correct.  We can go back to the tower and track Ethereal Energy sources over a few miles."

"Then let's all get get back to the tower and get on that," Polly says.

Back at the tower, Lenora and Man-Monster work on tracking the Energy Source as Polly sits in her office and the others in the lobby.  American converses with Gladius for a moment regarding Marcus before the two icons approach the newer recruit.  "So, why not tell us a little about yourself. I don't need specifics but I like knowing my team," American says.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9th September 2013, 8:50 pm

(ATTN: American, Gladius)
Scorpion had relatively no idea what they were talking about, but absorbed a few key words...'syndicate', 'ethereal energy', etc. But it wasn't until he was approached by two of what seemed to be more outstanding members of the team that he regarded the people around him.

"W e l l -" He started, tapping one of his crossed arms against his chin. "Like I said, the names Scorpion. I'm good at dusting, I drink six cups of coffee a day, I enjoy long walks on the beach, I'm very in tune with my emotions, I like kittens, World of Warcraft and the Real Housewives of New Jersey- I can also make a mean souffle and possess blindingly good looks, a curse, really." He smiled innocently at the both of them. "But outside of that my body can produce an almost infinite number of toxins, chemicals, poisons and antidotes and I'm basically immune to every poison and disease known to man- but those are boring footnotes."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 9th September 2013, 10:10 pm

Wild-Child laughs inwardly at that description, as do Silk and American. Then the Demi-god turns to the Star Spangled Superhero. "T'would seem his wit is every bit as sharp as an old friend."

"Well, it's nice having a few extra hands around...that is, if you should decide to stay."

Adaptroid suddenly appears before them with a tray of drinks. "Greetings, Exemplar. May I interest you in anything?"

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 9th September 2013, 10:24 pm

[ATTN: Adaptroid, Open]

Sentinel smirked behind her helmet as Scorpion spoke, turning her eyes on Adaptroid as he appeared before them with drinks. Maybe now was a good time to get a look at him...

"Adaptroid," she said, "permission to access and view specifications and coding?"

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 9th September 2013, 10:27 pm

[Attn: Sentinel]

"I am not authorized to disclose details of my make up. In order to view the desired information, you will have to first speak with North Labs personel. The nearest in the vicinity is Creator: Lenora Woods," Adaptroid says after his eyes flash for a moment.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 9th September 2013, 10:34 pm

[ATTN: Adaptroid]

"Figured as much," she said. Lenora was busy right now. She could bother her later.

Instead she simply stared at the little robot, studying it. It might have been creepy. But she was wearing a helmet. She could hide it behind a helmet.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 9th September 2013, 10:47 pm

Soon, Polly and Man-Monster return to the others. "We found em," Polly says.

"It would appear that they are in a bunker beneath one of the islands out in the river. Namely, they're beneath Hastings," Man-Monster says.

"We don't even need to take the plane. I can get those of us who can't fly there. This time no splitting up. Everyone's coming along."

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 10th September 2013, 11:37 am

Coír went starry eyed when Adaptroid presented him a drink and took it eagerly. He listened to everything, snickering at their jokes but not really having much to add. The whole group thing was new to him, after all.

He grinned as he watched Gos go fangirl on Adaptroid. Some things would never change.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 11th September 2013, 7:06 pm

She jumped out of thought as Polly and Man-Monster returned, and nodded. It was go time.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 12th September 2013, 10:58 pm

"I'm tagging along," Devlin says.

"Officer Bates, you're aware of the danger level that most of these crooks represent? I can't let you-"

"Ms. Powers, the Exemplar disbanded. All government contracts were terminated. Until you reestablish the cooperation policy, you aren't authorized to make arrests. Not trying to be smug, but a law enforcement officer HAS to accompany you if bringing them in is going to hold any water at all."

Polly looks to Officer Washington who merely returns a worried expression but nods, all the same. "All right, let's go, people."

Shortly, the team arrives on Hastings. There, in an old yet surprisingly kept greenhouse, they find the hidden bunker door. "The idea was for this to be the deepest bomb shelter in the states. They didn't exactly hit that record but they got pretty far. It connects to a system of underground tunnels in the city that used to be regular hidey holes for drug traffickers and black market weapons dealers," Polly explains. "That's odd. No fork in the road. You'd think they'd do something to split up grouped forces coming in after them."

"Unless they're just herding us like cattle," American says.

"Blue Boy, I think ya just earned yourself a gold star," Wild-Child remarks.

As the ground reaches the end of the tunnel, they discover a dead end. "Wait...how is that right?" Polly says, looking over a hologram of the schematics from her Ex-Com.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19th September 2013, 5:58 pm

(ATTN: Group)
Alex smirked as he was able to make them laugh, chuckle, inwardly...whatever. He had honestly expected them to roll their eyes and saunter off. He resigns himself to the corner of the room, did he really want to sign up for this...?

After the other two burst in, he stood up straight, listening in the conversation that followed.

"On the road again.." He replied waifishly as he readied his clawshot...
-

After they got their, Scorpion stretched out his arm- clawshot-ing for long distances wasn't exactly easy on his shoulder, or arm as a whole.

He continued after them, trailing towards the back of the group. He didn't like the feel of it, it seemed to, obvious- a bit too easy.

Then again the only reason he thought this way was because of the ridiculous amount of comic books he read but he decided to keep that under the rug. After they reached a dead end, comics or not, knew this was an insanely bad idea. But he was comforted by the fact that he had managed to get himself out of worse...probably.

"So, isn't this the part where one of us exclaims 'its a trap' and get swarmed by dozens of enemies? Yes? No? I'll keep quiet, then." His eyes trailed along the walls. Maybe there was something they needed to pull. "...And while I'm on the topic of comic cliche's, perhaps a secret entrance?"

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 25th September 2013, 2:36 am

Coír felt nervous and excited at the same time. Another big mission; and being a part of a super team. And Elise. His cheeks burned hot and he shook himself. He needed to focus. But life didn't seem capable of getting any better.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 25th September 2013, 3:58 am

Gladius walks to the front of the group and stands just in front of the wall.  Suddenly he punches it down, revealing the extended pathway behind it.  "The Exemplar has never shied from action at mention of a mere trap before," he says.  "Why should it be different now?"

Without warning, turrets, laser grids, and all manner of security protocols riddle the hall.  The turrets all point at the heroe. "Now they seeks to threaten us with bullets?  To think that we ever thought the Syndicate a-"

One of the turrets gets off a shot, revealing the weapons to be particle cannons, and Gladius is hurled back down the hall toward the entrance.  "Okay!  Avoid the turrets!  Got it!"  Polly says.

"Exemplar, move!"  American shouts, rushing down the hall and avoiding traps and security measures wherever he can.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 25th September 2013, 4:01 pm

"So you were like 70% right," she commented to Scorpion as the wall fell down and the they went under fire. She shot forward, flying up under one turret and smashing it with her fist before she flew past, barely dodging another shot. If her suit got trashed here...

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25th September 2013, 9:03 pm

(ATTN: group)
Scorpion rushed after America, pulling out a variety of acrobatic maneuvers to dodge whatever got flung his way. Seeing as how he really didn't possess any way to destroy any of the turrets, he'd settle for just not getting shot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top