Elfen Hinterland

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elfen Hinterland

Post by Zenyatta on 21st July 2013, 12:32 pm

The Key Points to the Hinterland:

--Dead Wilderness/Desert Biome
The majority of this country is a dry, desert biome, water is hard to find, as are the majority of food supplies.  As such, the Citadel is the easiest place to live without becoming completely poor and deprived of all luxuries.

--Some pollution from ICM
The majority of this country is suffering largely from pollution from the ICM in the lower areas.  The more south you go, the darker the air becomes and the harder it gets to breathe.  Living in the south without the proper equipment can and will lead to death.

Last edited by Stryker on 18th October 2013, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
Zenyatta
Administrator

Empress Empowered

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Elfen Hinterland

Post by MethosArchaic on 21st July 2013, 4:25 pm

[attn: All]

To anyone within ear shot of a radio or wandering the streets they will be able to hear the news: " - We are interrupting your local station to once again keep you up to date with this service announcement.

The Czar would like to apologize for the rolling Ether Outs and Spikes affecting many of the Hinterland.

The source of these anomalies is still being investigated, but the Power company would like once again to remind the Citizen's of the Hinterland that they are doing everything in their power to eliminate this problem, and that there are no anomalies with the refineries.

Citizens are reminded to report any suspicious activities or individuals to their local Enforcer offices. Due to the increased patrols and investigations being undertaken by the Enforcers at this time, please allow ample time to reach your jobs and destinations.

This has been a public service announcement. Now back to your normal program. ----"

Member Claims: Gateway Bot, MethosArchaic, Pachirisu71
OC Claims: Kydoimos from The Umbrella Colony
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza on 25th July 2013, 9:34 pm

The wandering sands of the Hinterlands dances in the air as a strong wind blew through the small town. It's a sight one learns to appreciate after experiencing hot, stale air for so long. With the scarce food and water, ominous howling of the wild dogs, and the refinery's noisy atmosphere, one would think living here would drive most mad, but Zoey had larger issues on her hands. She listened to the radio's grainy voice as she tossed ideas around in her head. No anomalies? Like hell there no anomalies. Zoey leaned back in her chair, the frustration evident in her eyebrows.

"Do they really think we're doing just fine out here? The people in the citadel probably don't know any better..." Earlier, this morning, Zoey received word from her sister that more Ether is leaving the storage than what is being produced. Either someone in the refinery was smuggling Ether or the demand has finally become to high to manage. With the amount of Ether-addicted people Zoey sees every day, she wouldn't be surprised if supply couldn't keep up with demand. "I could try increasing Ether conversion rates or keeping workers for longer shifts...but..." She mumbled to herself. Her eyes counted the number of pore holes in the ceiling; the number was seemingly endless.

Feeling lost in her thoughts, Zoey stepped out of her office and walked throughout the refinery, paying close attention to the laborers around her. She could feel the eyes of suspicion and anxiety follow her from section to section. The moment Zoey walked into a room, she could feel the heat and smell the sweat coming from the bodies of her minions. Where would Ether be most easily taken without anyone noticing...? She thought to herself constantly. Zoey's piercing stare caught the eyes of several in the production line, causing some to work uncomfortably at a fast pace, others to quickly avert their gaze, and a few to hold their look. Zoey made a mental note to speak with the few at a later time  

Avatar, Userbar/user rank made courtesy of Leah7! You're the best!
---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Member Claims: Luna
Co-Claims: Leah 7
Anime/Video game Claims: Amaterasu from Feudal Era. Vash the Stampede from Trigun. Million Knives from Trigun. Itachi Uchiha from Naruto Shippuden. Rozalin from Disgaea 2. Prometheus from Megaman ZX Advent. Emory Amden from Force User Role Play. Madame Red from Kuroshitsuji. Blues (Proto Man) from Mega Man series Excalibur from Soul Eater.

Eliza

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 3rd August 2013, 2:15 pm

[Attn: Hinterland Wilderness, Closed]
[POV: Tired and overworked Peons - NPCs]

"I'm telling you: The higher up's are paranoid jack'a'napes." Ivan said as there dune buggy raced across the Hinterland wilderness, the occasional bit of scrub grass being tore up by them speeding across the land.

"Noooooo seriously! Couldn't be the ether out's could it idiot." John said reaching over and socking his partner on his shoulder. "Sometimes I wonder how the hell you got this job, hell how the hell did you pass the tests?!"

"I cheated of course! Fracking retard.." he responded unperturbed nor worried as he looked the side, catching the dust cloud in the rear-view mirror.

Sometime passed in silence as the conversation lulled again. It was still late into the night, and the dang office had called and ordered them out at half past eight to do a thorough investigation of the refineries and areas outside the citadel.... Immediately.

"Hey, Ivan!" he shouted over the noise of the engine and startled his partner.

"What?! Not sleeping!"

"Sure as hell not, jack-ass. If I gotta drive you can keep your peepers open, got it?"

"Bugger off, let me catch a few winks." Ivan said pulling his hat and shielding his eyes from the wind of the windowless buggy.

"Fuck it, fine. But you are driving next, then I can by the Maker get some winks." John finally relented, looking at the small radar they had installed on the console of the Buggy. They would be entering the ER-08th Precinct in maybe another ten twenty minutes, and the refinery there was ran by some girls. A pair of Malcovich women, or something like that.

[Current time in the Hinterland - 1 AM, Saturday]
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza on 3rd August 2013, 8:12 pm

What better time to avoid people than when those who are still awake are indoors or drunkards? With this mentality, Zoey often sneaked her money, purchased ether, and food to her parents' house just as the ether carriers make their covert trips. She couldn't afford letting others see her sharing her wealth with two favored individuals, one being a washed up ether-addict.

The refinery owner walked to her parents' house as casually as she could, carrying a medium sized leather strap bag. She always made sure to randomize her path with sudden corners and stopping every couple meters. The pale moonlight caused the buildings and sand to take on a bluish hue, reminiscent of the cold temperatures in the night. A flickering lamp post vaguely silhouetted a body sitting on the ground, leaning against a bustling pub. Zoey quickly walked past the noisy building and progressed to the old, decrepit huts.

Zoey subtly knocked on the wooden door, anxiously watching her surroundings. A long silence ensued, pressuring Zoey to let herself inside. She saw her mother well asleep on a chair in her working attire and her father in bed as usual, ether pills and whatnot. A faint smile formed on Zoey's lips. She carefully placed a loaf of bread on her mother's lap and a bag of 50 credit bills in her pocket. She placed the rest of the food and the ether in the refrigerator her parents recently bought.

With her supplies delivered, Zoey quietly made her way out of the structure. She gently closed the door before pacing her way to her own home. Midway in her stroll, Zoey heard footsteps different from her own. She then heard a low grunt and jumped forward, turning around in the process. It was then revealed to her that a figure had just failed at apprehending her. A knife was in one of the shadowy figure's hands. The assaulter soon began stepping back, tightly gripping the knife defensively. You have the balls to try mugging me and you can't even face me? Oh, I'm gonna hurt you. Zoey thought, aggravated. The hidden attacker muttered when Zoey reached forward to grab. Zoey clenched the man's shirt with her brows furrowed. The scared man hurriedly moved to stab Zoey's arm, but she threw him to the ground-the dainty knife clattering on the stone pavement.

"P...Please don't kill me...I-I-I was desperate!...I have a family! Please!" Cried the scared attacker.

"How do I know you're not lying, huh?" Zoey kneeled on the man's back with side of his face covered with sand. "You know the penalty for thievery?" She dug her knee into his spine as she constricted a hand around his neck.

"Yeah, yeah I know. I just...I just needed some money for medicine, for my wife!" The man spoke so fast he was almost incomprehensible. Zoey paused for a moment before responding.

"I'd move out of here if I were you, 'cause if I find out you lied to me, I'll break you so bad..." Zoey finished her sentence with a dark chuckle. She felt the man's body go stiff as dried meat. Zoey fished around in her wallet for a few 20-credit bills and placed them next to the man's head before getting on her feet. "Now beat it." The man grabbed the money and scurried off into the darkness. Zoey watched, sighing in exhaustion. She wanted nothing more than to lie in her comfortable bed and see her sister sound asleep. The rest of the walk was uneventful. Zoey couldn't remember how she got home that night. She just collapsed onto bed and watched her sister until she fell asleep.

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Anime/Video game Claims: Amaterasu from Feudal Era. Vash the Stampede from Trigun. Million Knives from Trigun. Itachi Uchiha from Naruto Shippuden. Rozalin from Disgaea 2. Prometheus from Megaman ZX Advent. Emory Amden from Force User Role Play. Madame Red from Kuroshitsuji. Blues (Proto Man) from Mega Man series Excalibur from Soul Eater.

Eliza

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 7th August 2013, 5:59 pm

[Attn: ER-08th Precinct - Ether Refinery, Closed]
[POV- NPC's]

"Hey, look alive." John said reaching over and hitting his coworker with the man's own pair of gloves on the leg. *slap*

"What the hell man?!" Ivan managed not to jump up from his seat and either accidentally hit one of the pieces of the frame or out of the canopy-less buggy.

"Almost there." the culprit smiled sadistically as he cranked the wheel and drifted into the parking area of the refinery. Gravel sprayed as it was kicked up from the wheels from the maneuver, and luckily no one was outside to get hit or where there many cars in this particular section. "Here!"

"Jesus, Mary and Joseph!" Ivan said holding onto the frame till the vehicle came to a stop. Once it had he glared over at this partner, before lifting himself out of the vehicle. He was most definitely awake now, all thanks to that speed junkie of a partner.

Both men walked around to the back of the buggy, inserted a key into the trunk and popped it open. Inside laid there gear, suits, readers, sample devices and many things with names far more complex then what they did. Once suited up, they grabbed some of their gear and walked into the refinery.

[ATTN: Markovich Household, Open]
[Time: 1:42 AM, Friday - Hinterland]

***RRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG***

As no doubt the woman and many members are asleep in the Markovich household, they most likely aren't to happy to be woken up by the sound of their household phone ringing this early in the morning.

***Ring, ring!***

**RRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG**

When the phone is picked up and handed over to either Katrine or Zoey, the night shift manager will tell them that there are a couple of Inspectors from the Citadel out and at the refinery. The Inspectors are about three days early, and would like to talk to one of them in person ASAP.
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza on 7th August 2013, 8:33 pm

Zoey could remember nothing but pitch black darkness until being awoken by a shrill noise. As her mind slowly began churning again, she realized the phone was ringing. Katrine was stirring across the room, grumbling sleepily as she turned. Zoey lethargically sat up and placed her feet on the floor. Her hopes of a quick and meaningless call were dashed when she answered the phone.

The lack of sleep, and the news of the inspectors arriving three days ahead of schedule sent Zoey fuming. "Three days early!? The hell do you mean three days early!? At this hour!? What bullshit!"

The manager hastily reminded Zoey of the ether-outs that have been occurring recently, which caused the sleepy woman to settle down. "I suppose that's reason enough to arrive so early...Have someone prepare some drinks for the inspectors and me. I'll be there shortly."

With that, Zoey hung up the phone and quickly dressed herself. Before leaving, she checked to see if Katrine was still asleep. Turns out she had already fallen back asleep. Zoey then left the house and power walked to the factory. There, she headed for the conference room, where guests are usually placed.

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Eliza

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 11th August 2013, 12:07 pm

[Attn: Zoey, Open]
[POV: Ivan - NPC]

He was sitting there, rapidly spinning a pencil between his fingers as he leaned back against the chair while waiting. That bastard John had won the toss and was out there in the refinery already. The guy they had left in charge was with him, keeping him under watch and also for security measures, that lucky bastard.

It had been pretty close to a half hour or so since they had gotten there, and he tossed the simple pencil into the air. With trained practice he snapped out his other hand and caught the pencil between his fingers and started twirling it between his moving fingers. It blurred through several concentric circles, as he applied the tiniest amount of his speed to it.

The second hand took even longer to tick to the next tick on the little circle clock on the wall. Ivan had to draw a breath and hold it as he stopped applying his force instinctively. Just why did he have to submit to the world's slow turtle-like pace?

Just how long was this girl going to make him wait?! He looked at the clock again, only a half minute..... By the Maker. He stopped the pencil and started tapping the eraser against the chair's armrest. After a minute, his impatience grew unbearable and soon the pencil started to sound like a over clocked drummer:

Rata tat-tat-tat-tat

The door opened...

"Thank the Lord!" Ivan said much to enthusiastically. "You have any idea how long I have been waiting?! Thirty four minutes! That's two thousand and fourty seconds longer that I could have been out there finishing this up!"

He caught sight of the woman walking into the door.... Well damn. A nice fiery red head, that just knocked his boots together. He crossed his arms and looked at her, and even though she wasn't picturesque having been rushed over, she was still not bad to look upon.

He looked down at his watch to catch the time, "Ahh Hell! it's messed up again!"

[Time: 2:16 AM, Saturday - Hinterland]

MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza on 11th August 2013, 10:50 pm

As Zoey walked into the room, she found a mature man sitting at the desk, exclaiming how long he had to wait for her.

"My apologies." She tiredly murmured, trying to hold back a grumble. She didn't notice the drinks haven't arrived until she took a seat facing the man. "I've had a pretty stressful day." Zoey paid little mind to the supposed inspector's watch. The sooner she got the inspection done, the better. "Well, I'm sure you've noticed that clock on the wall," She said, pointing vaguely to the wall where the clock was located. "You can readjust your watch while we discuss matters..."

Zoey leaned back in her chair, crossing one leg over the other. Her loose-fitting tank top and pants covered most of her body except her slender arms and neck. After a small pause, a lanky young man walked in, holding two large cups water. Zoey grabbed a cup with a subtle "Thanks, sir." and guzzled down half of her drink, finishing off with a sigh of satisfaction. The youth handed the other cup to the inspector, his eyes blankly watching the stranger. After the inspector either accepted or refused the drink, Zoey sat forward with one elbow on the table. Her eyes taking in the man's appearance. "Well, mister inspector, what would you like to discuss?"  

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Eliza

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 12th August 2013, 4:40 pm

Ivan had indeed noticed the clock earlier and as Zoey sat down he went about adjusting his watch back several minutes. It always happened, but you just learned to live with it. It had to do with some pretty boring science stuff, and frankly he just didn't want to think about it.

After a small bit a man came in and offered him and the Red-head a drink. "Thanks, you wouldn't have any coffee would you? I'd appriciate it, thanks."

When the guy had left, hopefully in search of coffee, Zoey leaned forward and got down to business."Well, mister inspector, what would you like to discuss?"

Ivan picked back up the pencil and started to spin it about his fingers. "Well to start I need the production records going back the last six months, shipping transcripts, employee profiles, and sooo on." The girl clearly didn't really believe he was an inspector but he just didn't really care.

"Also I wanted to know if you've been experiencing any fluctuations in your reactor, or any oddities in your ether in the last couple months. We're trying to figure out if you've been experiencing any of the outages or surges out here that we have inside the Citadel."

{OOC: As for the ether outs and surges you shouldn't be experiencing the effects much in this area. There might be an occasional surge or outage, but that could just be do to storms or normal occurrences. There haven't been any odd fluctuations or other unexplainable problems with your reactor. }
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza on 12th August 2013, 8:13 pm

Zoey intently listened to the inspector's requests before making her reply. "For the past couple of days, it's been more difficult to keep up with the demand for ether. The reactor checked out fine, and the equipment is running as well as it usually does," A faint smirk showed on Zoey's lips. "But we're not sure if more people are buying ether or some dirty work has been going on without anyone noticing. As for the outages, they don't occur very often; only one or two a month, depending on the conditions."

She thought back to one event when the entire facility had to be shut down due to weather, but her focus returned after a brief moment. "If we knew you were coming, the documents would be ready and waiting. You probably don't feel like waiting again after so long, but the records office is just down the hall. I promise I'll be back before you can spin the pencil of yours behind your back."

Zoey promptly stood as the servant from earlier brought a hot cup of black coffee with a container full of sugar. He set them on the table in front of the inspector. Zoey stepped out of the room and made her way down the hall to the records office. The sound she could hear was the machinery running in a separate part of the refinery and her own footsteps. She always found the hall eerie during the night shift.

After about 7 minutes, Zoey returned to the inspector, holding the documents in several folders, all correspondingly labelled. "Enjoying your coffee?" She asked nonchalantly as she laid out the folders on the table. She then took her seat, yawning.

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Eliza

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 18th August 2013, 9:09 am

Ivan was sorely tempted to show her just how fast he could do that, it was practically a challenge but he knew it was really a figure of speech. The Red-head rose and the door opened. The man was back with his coffee, wonderful. She departed as he took a sip of his coffee, and eyed the sugar container.

Deciding to pass he took the time to savor his cup. "Thank you." He said as he nodded to the servant and waited for the girl. It took only a handful of minutes to finish his cup. As he waited on her he licked his finger and set it to the rim. Then he started to rub it across the lip in a circle. At first nothing happened, but soon a sharp resonance started to whine from it as his finger went faster.

The door opened and his finger stopped and he leaned back casually as he saw the woman, Zoey return. She was loaded down with several folders. 'Well, that was...fast.' Ivan thought with a sense of respect.

She walked over, clearly worn out, Considering it was only fourteen till three, he could understand. Zoey settles down into her chair and spreads the folders out on the table. "Enjoying your coffee?" Zoey said covering a yawn.

"Enjoyed, past-tense." Ivan said as he looked at the clock. "Do you mind? If I look through it all?"

[OCC: If Zoey allows it, he will activate his force speed and pick up the first folder and use it to speed read the papers, literally. It will take about five minutes for him to go through it all, and make sure it's everything. When finished he'll be ready to leave and head on to the next stop in his journey.]
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza on 18th August 2013, 2:38 pm

Zoey smirked at the Inspector's correction. "Go ahead," she replied, hoping he would be quick about reading through everything. "You must be trying to keep me waiting as long as you have. Maybe I should've gotten us some more coffee..." Zoey playfully rubbed her chin as she looked away. She then looked back at the man, waiting to hear that he was merely jesting. Had the man used his force speed  to fly though the documents, Zoey would watch with a close eye, her body feigning a relaxed state while actually tensing up for any sudden movements. Several thoughts would run through Zoey's head, but she would truly relax after a few moments.    

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Eliza

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 19th August 2013, 3:10 pm

[POV: Ivan - Minor NPC]

Zoey not being a force user herself wouldn't feel or experience the drop in the ether of the room as Ivan uses it to fuel this relatively minor use of his force power.

Ivan was quite clearly reading the documents and not just skimming. It was alarmingly fast how quickly he turned on page to the next or went to the next folder. Sometimes he even went back to an earlier document to reread it and reference it.

Luckily enough for Ivan, all those business classes, a minor in accounting, business management, and his training to become an inspector allowed him to actually make sense of the papers.

As he continues to scan them, (taking longer than five minutes) the pencil in his fingers starts spinning again and sounds quite oddly like a loud humming bird as it begins to blur together in spinning circles.

He stops as he finishes, and gathers the papers back together, sorting them and stacking the pile. "Thanks. Your secretary and accountants are surprisingly concise and accurate. I'm sure that my overseers and the guys back at headquarters will appreciate it when they go through it."

"I only have one thing though I'd like to ask, if it's not too much trouble." Ivan said politely. "I noticed a difference in the amount of Ether Sold by your company as compared to the amount produced. An amount not shown in your storage reports."

Ivan looked at her with a quirked eyebrow, begging the question on where that ether was.

[Time: 2:41 AM, Saturday - Elven Hinterland]

MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza on 19th August 2013, 5:31 pm

Zoey felt the meeting would be over until the Ether was brought up. "Yes, well, as I've said, we have been experiencing a tough time keeping up with the amount of purchased Ether. The problem was brought to my attention only yesterday, so I've been busy running some investigations as to whether Ether is being smuggled out of my facility or some kind of issue has come up." Zoey wanted to say more but she kept herself from coming up with more excuses. The man's look kept Zoey's glare intense. The last thing she wanted was the inspector to think she was feeling uncomfortable.      

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Eliza

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 20th August 2013, 8:15 pm

"Hrmmmm." Ivan groaned as she finished replying. From the intensity of this Red Head's glare he could definitely toss out the idea that she was skimming off the top. Her sister or someone else of the staff could be doing it behind her back however. There was always a blind spot where family was concerned.

He let the matter drop. "We'll look forward to your findings."

Rising Ivan said as he picked up the folders, "Well, we need to get going." He couldn't see John at the moment, but the guy should be done in a few minutes. "I'll get my associate, and we'll get out of your hair. Thanks for having us."

MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza on 21st August 2013, 3:09 pm

Zoey's glare faded as the inspector prepared to leave. She held the door open for him, feeling relieved. When the inspector mentioned his associate, she grew curious. "Associate? Ah right...Where has he been?" She asked with an earnest tone, but she wasn't sure if she should be suspicious or not.

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Eliza

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 25th August 2013, 1:35 pm

"Associate? Ah right...Where has he been?" asked the Markovich chick as she reached the door first and opened it for him.

"Ohhh John? He's been taking readings and samples around the facility." Ivan walked past the woman and didn't manage to pick up the girls scent. Man did Ivan dig red-heads, but the dang air in the refinery just had to get in the way. He held the folders to his chest to make sure he didn't drop them, just in case someone ran into him.

"I imagine he's also been observing the work and safety habits of your employees, and performing a general inspection. The guy gets off on that kinda thing I think." Ivan said both trying to crack a smile from the gorgeous redhead and managing to pick fun at his partner at the same time.

Under normal circumstances they both would have met with her and then had her show them around the place as they observed, but there wasn't much time for that today. They had too much pressure and where way too overloaded from the brass back at head quarters.

[Time: 2:44 AM, Saturday - Elven Hinterland]
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza on 25th August 2013, 3:30 pm

Zoey grinned at the man's quip. "I suppose we should check up on John before you guys leave. That reminds me, I never got your name. You probably know mine already."

Zoey already started walking toward the labor area of the facility. She imagined John would be there, watching the workers go about their business. After some walking, she opened a heavy metal door, exposing the large manufacturing room where the refined ether was made. Zoey peered inside to see the laborers busy as usual. The noise was almost deafening due to all of the machinery being operated. The smell of ether instantly swam up Zoey's nose, although she was well desensitized to it.  

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Eliza

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 3rd September 2013, 5:25 pm

"Ahhh, my bad. All the thoughts whizzing through my head." he said as they exited the room back onto the floor. Below people buzzed about doing the tedious tasks necessary to refine ether. "Name's Ivan Carpen." He spotted John sticking his head into a set of piping, looking for leaks probably. "That guy with your security chief is John. No last name, refuses to take one."

The man beside John caught sight of his boss. From what it looked like he talked to John, and the two started up towards them. They'd be up here in a minute. "Guarantee, he's found something. Always does." Ivan warned.

[POV: John - Minor NPC]

As he climbed the stairs and reached the apex, he removed a couple sheets of paper from his clip board and offered them to her instead of his hand. "Miss Zoey Markovich, a pleasure."

On the paper are countless notes, diagrams, maps and the like. Numerous small marks in pink pen litter the map, denoting small leaks, areas needing additional maintainance, repair, inspection, as well as other notes on safety equipment inspections most up to date. It actually was a surprising list, given the short time he had been here. The guy must have been dragging her employee around everywhere.

"Most of the notes don't warrant any fines or levies, as for the more serious infractions we will return next month and see if they have been corrected. Ivan how was your end?"

His partner shrugged, the normal lazy way that Ivan did things. Ivan even apparently gave one of those 'I told you so' looks at the manager of the refinery. "I see, then we best be on our way then."

"Miss Markovich, the secondary effluent from your reactor treatment system showed hazardous levels of various heavy metals. You'll fix that." John just wanted to get this job over with and get some sleep, his hand reached up and rubbed his eyes which contained very unhealthy dark circles around them.

She had just flipped to the red page, and noted that she was going to be levied a fine..... and it ranked in the seven, no eight digit area. That was going to be painful to the company's profit margin this quarter. Her only saving grace was that the company, at least it didn't come out of her or her sister's pocket. Good thing the company had it's own accounts for shit like this.
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza on 4th September 2013, 6:45 pm

Zoey responded to Ivan's introduction with a "Pleasure to meet you.", almost in a distracted state as she looked for any unfamiliar faces in the room. It was then that Ivan pointed out his partner conversing with her security chief. Zoey watched the man's face carefully as he walked up the stairs. She wasn't entirely confident everything was okay, especially with Ivan's side comment.

When John handed Zoey the papers, she tried to restrain herself as she took the notes. She read through each page as quickly as she could, her eyes darting from side to side. The papers in Zoey's hands slowly crept closer to her face as she continued on. Some areas she already knew needed repair, but there were plenty others she never noticed. It was almost unearthly to her that one man could cover so much in such a small time frame. She didn't even pay notice to one of Ivan's looks.

Then Zoey reached the red page, and found the large fine, larger than what she made in a year. Zoey looked as if she tried to deny the number existed. She looked up from the papers with agitation, disbelief, and concern written all over her face. "Are you serious!? I thought you said most of these notes don't warrant any fines!" Her eyes snapped to the security chief.

"Is what this man says true? Does the facility really have that many infractions?" The paper was held taut in her hands. If the chief's answer was "yes", she'd have to go speak to her own boss, and that didn't sound pleasant at all.

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Eliza

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 7th September 2013, 10:21 am

[POV: John - Minor NPC]

"Are you serious!? I thought you said most of these notes don't warrant any fines!"

John had been about to respond with, 'I said most.' but she immediately tore into her security chief for answers.

"Is what this man says true? Does the facility really have that many infractions?"

The man looked at her then at John. "Frankly I am just as surprised as you, Zoe. Guy's gotta be part bloodhound or something."

John didn't wait for her or anyone else to respond before he spoke. "Any Questions? You have work, we have work. Best get to it."

"Hey! Ass-hat! Can you try not to be a shriveled shit nugget, hrmm?" Ivan yelled at his partner. "Seriously, you suck at public relations." Ivan looked over at Zoey. "Seriously sorry, Zoey. Guys a prick."

John just gave Ivan a dead pan look and ignored his out burst.

MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza on 8th September 2013, 4:27 pm

Zoey wondered if her security chief was with John the entire time she and Ivan conversed. Were the serious infractions really that bad? Was she being scammed out of her money by two con artists? Other questions ran through her mind as Ivan scolded his partner. She then had the idea of seeing these infractions for herself.

"I understand," Zoey responded. "It's what? 4 in the morning? I think we all could use some rest. One more thing, though..." She flipped through the papers one more time. "You mentioned 'more serious infractions', right? And the secondary effluent? How about we go check that out? I just want to make sure the information I'm getting is accurate. It shouldn't take that long, either. Your analysis was surprisingly fast."

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Eliza

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 8th September 2013, 6:45 pm

"I understand," Zoey responded. "It's what? 4 in the morning? I think we all could use some rest. One more thing, though..." The girl started flipping through her papers, double checking them or something. "You mentioned 'more serious infractions', right? And the secondary effluent? How about we go check that out? I just want to make sure the information I'm getting is accurate. It shouldn't take that long, either. Your analysis was surprisingly fast."

The muscles in his partner John's jaw tightened, the guy didn't take well to being seconded guessed. "We don't have time for your pride, Zabaniya."

Ohhh shit, John was getting angry again. The bastard must have been using his force, fucking side effects. Ivan did the only thing he could, he accelerated and grabbed John's wrist executing a wrist lock, spun around him and locked it up behind his back at a painful angle. "Chill, and get off your fucking summit your royal fucking highness!"

Ivan could feel John's muscles tensing, as his partner didn't take well to being restrained. "If we don't have enough, then I'll hurry shit up. If you turn it back on, I'll knock you down again." If the bastard turned it on, then there wasn't much most normal people would be able to do about it. Ivan had the benefit of his speed to over power John, and sometimes that wasn't always enough.

Ivan continued staring into his partner's eyes, till the guy took a hold of his flaring temper. Now to be fair, John had to contend with a pistol pointed at his temple from the security chief, who had reacted quickly using the opening Ivan had made. Good training there, girl had competent subordinates. Even his idiot partner could realize he'd been out maneuvered by the ants and relent.

Though his partner shot one last dagger like glare at Ivan, Ivan being the better man shrugged it off. He released his partner's wrist, and clapped his hands together. "Now that we're all such good friends, shall we go and take a look?"
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza on 8th September 2013, 9:42 pm

Zoey found John's response quite sour and misdirected. Before she could raise her defense, Ivan was already on the man, followed by her security chief raising his pistol. Zoey instinctively took a step back with one side turned to John and her feet apart and balanced. She tightly grasped the papers in one hand and had her other hand balled into a defensive fist. She wasn't sure what Ivan meant when he talked to his partner. The longer the night went on, the more questions Zoey had and the more dubious she became. She decided to overlook her questions and let the effluent answer her questions.

After Ivan released his partner's wrist, Zoey faced the two men in a less defensive stance, although she kept a keen eye on John. "Yes, let's go check out that second effluent." She said in a pacifying tone. "No need to do anything crazy, here." Zoey gestured to let Ivan and John walk ahead. She would follow right behind them. She desperately wished she could whisper an order to her security chief, but the woman who was scared for her refinery wanted to avoid any more provocation.  

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Eliza

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top