Rigor Mortis Role-Play

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rigor Mortis Role-Play

Post by Zenyatta on 1st October 2013, 6:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Each visitor that has been lucky enough to wake here will find that they are in a hole within the ground.  A grave.  In fact, it's quite perfectly sized to fit in the coffin where they now lay.  Luckily, however, these coffins are open, and the hole left to bare, so that no one has been buried alive.  Should one manage to find their way out of their grave, they will find that they have a small, iron-made headstone, their birth names delicately scratched within with the proper spelling.  There are no dates or other words, just the names, perfectly placed upon these rather bland rectangles that mark where they had just rested.

The land is flat--as far as any being here can see, with graves marking out the land in perfect rows and columns.   However, one thing is easily noticeable.  All closed graves that were not left open for someone to wake in do not have iron gravestones.  In fact, they each are made of an emerald-like material, with names carved into their stones much more decoratively and carefully.  Each name varies, but all inevitably end in "Von Chrest" and include alien-like dates for their lifespans.   Despite the different passages of time for each headstone, all emerald headstones look the same age as every other, as if there has been no erosion of any kind.  

This makes the smaller, far less decorative and refined, iron headstones with their opened graves stick out like a sore thumb in the violet light.  The entire atmosphere is dimmed than what most would be used to, as the sky is a bright violet, with pinkish clouds slowly sliding by in calm motion as the yellow, full moon shines down upon the Cemetery.  This place is met by silence--except the sound that can be heard from those waking in their own, open graves.

Last edited by Stryker on 18th October 2013, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
Zenyatta
Administrator

Empress Empowered

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rigor Mortis Role-Play

Post by EphPhoenix on 21st October 2013, 6:42 pm

[Attn: Group]

"I...am not adept at that particular form of stealth," she said in that eternally neutral tone of hers. "However, I will have Flawed shadow your movements from the shadows. You should keep your numbers small, a two to three man group and no more. But that's just my suggestion.

"I'd advise the rest of you to make camp--preferably a spot concealed." Danielle looked to the girls. "Do you believe yourselves capable of holding an illusion spell to keep our camp hidden?"

The longer they could remain hidden, the better. The element of surprise would be their biggest trump card against this despot.

The wolf woman addressed her. "If you make them feel cornered enough, then yes," she said. "Any animal will bare its teeth in that situation. However, they are weakened and malnourished, fighting is the last thing on their mind; they have been effectively broken."

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by spectral on 21st October 2013, 6:54 pm

{Attn: Maeve, Open}

Maresca jumped slightly, startled when Maeve asked her about the cat. “Yes you can say that. She's been with me ever since I came to your world. She reminds me of the cat we have at home, but I cannot prove it is her or not. She was not with me when I left.”

Maresca pick up the cat and continues with her forward walk. “So have the others decided on the heirarchy yet, or are they still stroking their egos. Trick is thinking along the right lines. The one thing I learned is you don't want to go into a fight blind. We really do need to observe them and find their weakness. But first we need to get to town.”

New siggy will be coming soon

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

spectral
VIP

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 21st October 2013, 7:04 pm

[Attn: Maresca]

Danielle turned her neutral face to Maresca. "Are you planning on entering town as you are, then?" she said in that neutral tone. "As that would surely give away that foreigners have landed in the mage's lands. Keeping that knowledge from him as long as possible should be priority."

She pondered on whether she'd have to knock the little chit out. She had no wish to lead or give orders, but she wouldn't allow them to muck up the mission, either.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by spectral on 21st October 2013, 7:17 pm

{Attn: Danielle, Open}

Maresca turns and looks at Danielle. “I never said I was a stragetist. We are going to be discovered, and I just thought it should be when we are closer. Better to not give them a chance to rally their troops. I am still against having Trick or anyone gather intelligence on his or her own though. The rest should be close as well in case back up is needed.” Maresca hates this to her core. She is not a fighter, a problem solver yes, but the only thing she really knows about fighting is what she learned so far on her mission. That is not much.

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

spectral
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JosephJoestar on 21st October 2013, 7:46 pm

(ATTN : All)

Maeva hear the question from Cerberus and turn to her to answer. ''Simple. The source of our magic is not exactly the same. Although we have similar power from our dad, we also have a bit of our mom, which is a human. I've heard she visited this halloween town you were talking about earlier, so you probably met her. ''

To her next question she says ''Well, if they don't see through the disguise I wouldn't see why. ''

Maeve answered toward Maresca ''I see... Well it could be her who knows. '' She then turn toward Danielle. ''Yes we can do that if needed... though it would be best if only one person was concealed if we do that for more stability in both spells.

Maeva smiled and nod. ''Yep what my sister said. '' Toward Maresca Maeva said ''I think Aunt Dani is right ! I can call you Aunt Dani right ?! The mage we are to face is really powerful, we should use caution I believe... ''

''Well if anything one of the drone could conceal itself and fly way above sending live image of how it's going on the ground. If their cover is blown, I can always send Calamity that could be there quite quickly. ''

''That could be a good idea... what do you think Aunt Dani ? ''

Set made by me ;D
My claims;
Spoiler:
I claimed Conlaodh from Force User Roleplay,  Bartholomew Fatima from Xenogears, Link from LoZ, Erza from Fairy tail and Kallo from The guild RP. I co-claimed Leah7 & LadyTwi.
JosephJoestar
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 21st October 2013, 7:53 pm

[ATTN: All]

He shrugged as she didn't shake his hand, shoving it back in his pocket. It didn't matter that much to him. He had what he needed now. Maybe. He still couldn't trust any of them, especially a Von Chrest.

He failed to suppress a laugh as the kids started calling the professional 'Aunt Dani.' So cute it makes me sick. He turned away, searching through his pockets for some present he might have missed.

There was something else. Small, a vial just bigger than his pinky, and he pulled it out and held it up to his eye. Is this...?

It was quite helpfully labelled in tiny print on the cap. Arsenic. He doubted he'd get an opportunity to use it, but it was nice to have.

"If anyone else is going undercover, decide now," he said absently. "If this mage is as powerful as you say, I can't say our entry here went unnoticed."

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 21st October 2013, 8:04 pm

[Attn: Maeva, Open]

"I don't care what you call me--"

"Always such a sour puss!" said the scarf, it's talking end floating up and addressing her. It then turned to Maeva. "Of course you can call her Aunty! But like the old shriveled up aunt who your family never speaks of cause she's still unmarried. Why, I bet there's dust in between her--mmph! Mmph!"

Danielle had grabbed the "mouth" of the scarf. "Be silent," she said, her voice still neutral, but only barely.

"You're right! You're right!" came the scarf, it's other end lifting up. "They're far too young to be talking about that thing. Why, they'd have no idea what I meant by the fact your bed is so empty it makes a black hole jealous!"

Danielle almost felt bad for these twins; after all, they'd soon be orphans when she got her hands on their father. One split, ripe little blueberry chock full of pulp when she was through with him...

To their query, she merely folded her arms. "Do as you wish," she said. "As it stands, I don't see that harming the mission.

"And the Trickster is probably right," she added. "But von Chrest said he would lack the resources to track or scry us by magical means--which means he'll have eyes and ears in the cities--assuming there is more than just this one before us. Again, caution and subterfuge would be the more viable option--your specialty, Trickster."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 21st October 2013, 8:21 pm

[ATTN: Dani, All]

Trick gave a loud laugh as the scarf kept going. Okay, so it was annoying, but it was dear Dani's reactions to it that really made his day. "It's Trick, Auntie," he said as she spoke of him. "Just Trick. Anyway. Time is still of the essence. Any more volunteers?"

He hoped not. That Rose seemed more than she let on, but he didnt trust anyone else there not to screw up. Hell he didnt trust any of them at all.

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerberus on 22nd October 2013, 7:32 pm

Group

Cerberus closed her eyes until she could calm down. She finally stopped panting as she listened to the others talk. “Let Trick go. He is right. There is a good chance that whoever is in charge here knows we are here. Von Chrest said himself that the so called god here knew we were coming.” She stated.

“Besides, I can’t go into that town. Not looking like this. Those humanoid beings would look at me and freak. We would all be in danger then.” She said looking back towards the others. She hated being in this place. There was something about it that freaked her out.

“He could go in and we could go around the town and stay outside. He could get what information we need and meet us on the other side there.” It was an idea so to speak, better than not contributing at all.

She looked at Danielle. “How long will it take us to get to this place?” she asked.

Luna's Claims:
Video Game Claims: Squall Leonheart From Final Fantasy 8, Rinoa Heartilly From Final Fantasy 8, Luna From Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Member Claims: Physis Xenolion OC Claims:  Akagi From Force Users Role Play, Claudia Lucroix from Dragaultia, Kalista Miranda From Pandora's Love Anime Claims:Lina Inverse from The Slayers, Inuyasha from Inuyasha, Excel from Excel Saga
Cerberus

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd October 2013, 7:34 pm

[Attn: Cerberus, Group]

"Walking," Danielle replied, "thirty minutes to an hour. Sooner running."

"And several hours if you do the Charleston!" chimed in the scarf, dancing sporadically. "Charleston! Charleston!"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 22nd October 2013, 8:55 pm

[Attn: Open]

Rose reverts back to her own form. Her wings burst into dozens of small bat creatures, flying off. Now she had eyes everywhere. Reverting back into the form of one of those...things. She could easily get them all there much faster, but the element of surprise was necessary. If this being was, indeed, watching them, then she couldn't afford to go showing off all of her strengths. "Then what are we waiting for?"

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Silk the Child of Arachne
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pachirisu71 on 22nd October 2013, 11:42 pm

Ariadne could feel the tension in the air as the discussion grew. Her and Marcy had fallen silent. She noticed hand signals flashing between Trick and Danielle. This made her mad. The group should share whatever they have to say, it could be important.

At Rose's suggestion of, "Moving without talking at all unless absolutely necessary," Ariadne clenched her fists.   Rose had snubbed the whole group, and especially those experienced, such as Danielle, who were helping us. Rose was skilled enough to figure it out on her own, but Ariadne was not. Marcy looked at Ariadne with a concerned expression and she loosened her fist and listened closely.

To what she understood, a smaller group was splitting up to gain information in secret about their target. "Any more volunteers," Trick asked. Ariadne tensed. What if their target found them?

"Wait," she said firmly. "If this mage is as power as you say, even with the amazing magic the twins hold," she gestured towards the two, "How long can they keep us hidden, and isn't it possible that at his strength magic, he'll be able to somehow find us?" She paused, "I think we should stay close to each other, if not together."

claims:
Blink
Pachirisu71

smolness

https://www.instagram.com/art_byannie/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 23rd October 2013, 12:21 am

Rose saw and heard through her bats. She observed these beings from afar. She took in their mannerisms, their posture, and their interactions. She stands at the back of the group, quietly waiting for the debate of strategy to end so someone would tell her what they'd like her to do. She didn't particularly need to analyze these things for her cover. Everything she needed for that, she could psychically induce. She was analyzing weaknesses in these inhabitants and their surroundings. Things didn't bode well for this group...especially if they didn't shut up and decide definitively on a course of action soon.

Characters:

Guilds
Yuzu the Gunpowder Witch
Ryūko the Swordeater
Silk the Child of Arachne
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by JosephJoestar on 23rd October 2013, 4:43 pm

(ATTN : All)

Maeva was about to say she would continue to call Dani Aunt, but... what the scarf started to speak about wasn't making any sence to her. She tilt her head to the side at the same time as her twin and they both say ''Uh ?''

Then the group spoke further about having Trick and Rose going inside the city and the rest waiting outside of it. Toward Adriane, Maeva answer ''Well, we're capable to hold that barrier of illusion pretty long, technicly so as nothing powerful poke it. Technicly speaking we'll need to leave it up while these two enter the city. '' She said pointing their way.

''We should start the operation....'' Maeve said in a shy manner.

''Right, well... undercover group you go, we'll erm.. go around and try to find the best spot to hide... I'm sure Aunt Dani won't mind helping looking for that right ?! '' She said with a big smile.

''I'll send one of the drones in invisible mode once we're settled if needed. '' Meriel said. ''Let us find a good spot ! ''

Set made by me ;D
My claims;
Spoiler:
I claimed Conlaodh from Force User Roleplay,  Bartholomew Fatima from Xenogears, Link from LoZ, Erza from Fairy tail and Kallo from The guild RP. I co-claimed Leah7 & LadyTwi.
JosephJoestar
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by spectral on 23rd October 2013, 6:38 pm

{Attn: All}

Maresca rolls her eyes at Danielle, more specifically her scarf. "Have you tried removing it, I don't see us being sneaky with a talking scarf." She is just happy everyone else decided to move. She's only been recommending that for a while then again, she is used to people not listening to her.

She shakes her head and walks towards town. She is scared, but a little bit of fear is good.

Spoiler:

spectral
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JosephJoestar on 23rd October 2013, 8:32 pm

(Maresca, All)

''Uuum... Maresca was it ? What are you doing ? Only Trick and Rose are going in the city, we're gonna try and find a place to hide while they scout.'' She explained stopping her by grabbing her hand gently like a friend would. Her tone was really friendly as well.

Set made by me ;D
My claims;
Spoiler:
JosephJoestar
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd October 2013, 8:44 pm

[Attn: Maresca, Open]

Danielle raised an eyebrow at Maresca, her look saying, "You think I hadn't already tried."

"Whaaaaaaat?!" the scarf said to Maresca. "She and I are inseparable! Peas in a pod! Loom and thread! Bobby and Whitney--oh wait, you wouldn't know who they were...! We're gonna be together foreeeeeeeever! And ever! And ever! And ever!"

Danielle thought that if that was true, after she brought down Issachar and restored peace, she'd kill herself immediately. Also...why did she suddenly have the desire to knock herself out with a coconut?

No matter. Immediately, she summoned three more Flawed and flashed handtalk at them. The spread out immediately, in search of good ground for resting.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by spectral on 23rd October 2013, 9:50 pm

Maresca blushes when her hand was grabbed. "I am sorry I thought we were going to camp closer to the city." She also gives Danielle a weak smile. "Sorry I don't know any magic to silence.

Are we going to camp here then? We will need to set up a low fire. Regrettably I don't have any firemaking supplies. We had people in our group who could use fire magic." She holds up her hand and produces a small ball of light. "I suppose I can do some light too, but I really don't want to be drained from overuse."

Spoiler:

spectral
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 23rd October 2013, 10:29 pm

[ATTN: Rose, All]

Trick crossed his arms as the others continued to talk about getting in position. "You and me then, princess?" he said to Rose dryly. "Assuming you're still good to head in." His mouth twitched in the beginning of a smile as the adrenaline started to kick in - God I love my job. Just thinking about it got him excited.

He looked over at the girls. "I assume this illusion is gonna hold with you not around," he said, seeing as they were going to stay behind. Good. No babysitting. "If you blow your cover, I'm throwing you under the bus," he said absently to Rose. "And I expect the same from you."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JosephJoestar on 23rd October 2013, 10:36 pm

(ATTN : Trick, All)

''It will hold no worries, we need to be with the group together to keep the barrier on. '' Maeva said while looking toward Trick.

Maeve approached Maresca and said ''We'll get a bit closer, but not so much, we'll keep our distances. ''

''Well it's okay Maresca, everyone does mistakes. As for the fire... it's not something I can help with much.'' Meriel said scratching the back of her head.

Set made by me ;D
My claims;
Spoiler:
JosephJoestar
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenyatta on 24th October 2013, 5:34 pm

[ATTN:  CLOSED]

The dark man with black-tinted skin and black hair looked up from his previous distraction with bright, yellow cat-eyes as he heard a sound from the entrance of the room.  Yes, as he had suspected, two wraiths found their way into his domain.  He says nothing to them as they silently made their way across the large chambers that was his abode, his eyes returning to his previous distraction with eagerness.

This was a pillar that stood erect from the floor, it's flat and even surface at the top being the only area that is plain about it.  All edges are decorated with fine markings of abstract meaning, but what levitates it's pale, empty top is what has the man's focused attention.  The black orb, somewhat liquid in appearance, reflects all of the room in its all-seeing surface, shined and yet not shined at all.  

"We have found it, Lord."  One wraith speaks, chilling the air with its presence.  "We think you would want to know."

"Oh, have you?"  The man says, his eyes now widened with brief surprise as he grins a sharp, toothy grin.  "I must admit, I am surprised.  I did not expect you to find her so soon.  Where is she?"

"It is on Fremmoth, my master."  Another wraith steps forward to tell, "Not but a fortmile from here."

The man begins to laugh, a cruel, dark laugh that is soon echoed by the sounds of children in the distance, also laughing with emptiness.  Then, the man's tone and face switch instantly, changing from that of amusement to stone cold seriousness.  "You say she's here?  I do not believe you."

One of the wraiths then begin to howl, its ethereal body shaking within the air as the man's eyes brighten with rage.   He seems ready to speak but the last of the wraiths moves forward quickly, speaking urgently.  "Malakai, we speak the truth.  Look yourself and you shall find the truth.  It is here."

The man's eyes darken again to their usual brightness as the wraith ceases shaking and howling, looking somewhat hectic and damaged.   Its weakened form quickly begins to exit the room, making haste to find freedom from this current situation.  He looks at the wraith that had just spoken, his eyes narrowing with suspicion.  

"She is here, you say?  She came to me?"  Malakai asks, incredulous.  "I can think of only one sound explanation.  My loving and doting brother has brought me many gifts....and he has brought me my precious Maresca...."

"Get out!  I have planning to do!  Get out of my chambers!"   Malakai's eyes soon return to the black, floating orb, now with a Cheshire-like grin on his face as he ponders the implications of this new-found information, forgetting about the wraiths entirely as black magic begins to work its way around the orb, small black rings beginning to spin around it with immense speed, similar in pattern to the rings found around many planets, including Fremmoth.

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
Zenyatta
Administrator

Empress Empowered

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pachirisu71 on 24th October 2013, 5:54 pm

Ariadne nodded her head once to Maeva, "Okay." She wouldn't worry about the possibilities of trouble any more. It seemed that to be successful in our mission everyone must dive in and act quickly.
"Good luck," she said monotone to Trick and Rose, not expecting a reply. The fact of the matter was, Ariadne did not want anyone to die. But, she pushed that worry aside, as it was useless, and readied to help when she was needed. "A powerful poke.." she muttered. "So, we'd know when it hit us."
Turning back toward Marceline she grinned slightly "No more freaking out." <- Completely unaware of how grave the situation had become!!

claims:
Blink
Pachirisu71

smolness

https://www.instagram.com/art_byannie/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 24th October 2013, 7:13 pm

It did not take long for her legion to return. They had found an area with rock outcropping that could act as cover and high ground. Danielle did not waste time showing the others what she had found, her scarf chatting away all the while.

As they walked, her countenance became more grim, though it was subtle. And if anyone bothered to look closely, they'd notice she was paler.

When they'd nested in the area, she immediately sent the Flawed legion to forage for wood, getting started on pitching her tent. She left the twins to work their illusion magic. Soon the Flawed legion returned with wood for fire, which she would allow no one to try starting until the illusion was cast around their camp. Still she seemed paler, and more tense.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by spectral on 24th October 2013, 8:34 pm

Maresca bids Trick and Rose farewell and good luck. She also sent a little prayer their way. She follows behind Danielle and her talkative scarf. She is quiet for the most part letting the droning of the scarf act as background noise.

They finally reach their camp for the night. Maresca make some light balls as the others settle in. "I have some snacks if anyone is hungry. I wish my friend Dania was here, that woman could cook." She offers some to Danielle first since she was the closest. She notices that Danielle looked paler than usual."Danielle are you feeling alright? I can heal you if you like."

Spoiler:

spectral
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th October 2013, 9:14 pm

(ATTN: All)
She remained silent for the most part, not wanting to become overly emotionally invested in people who might die within a few hours- days, if they were lucky.

Astrid bobs through the air, her staff providing an eerie light for her and the area around her.

"Snacks actually sound great. Interdimensional jumping always leaves me a bit peckish."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top