Worlds Roleplay

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worlds Roleplay

Post by EphPhoenix on 29th November 2013, 1:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The swirls of destiny and fate are like a ripple that reaches out into the ages, beyond worlds, beyond dimensions, beyond time. As they coalesce, decisions are made, lives are created and ended, balance ebbs and flows, and the price is paid...

The girl cried out over the gale that surrounded them, the light from the massive doors pulling her in. Her silver locks swept around her rapidly, her silver eyes reflecting the multi-hued light from inside the doors. Her dress fluttered and flapped about her as her left hand pulled against the door while her right reached out, stretched, looking for purchase to anything that might save her. Only the man before her could hear her as he tearfully reached for her, struggling against the forces throwing the door shut.

"Elise! Elise!" he thundered. "I'm coming! I'm here! Please! Hold on!!!"

He'd fought them all, he'd not let her be taken! He reached for her as she reached for him, their hands longing for purchase of the other. The gales and swirls of power, however, pushed them apart as the multicolored energies coalescing on the other side of the door relentlessly sucked her further in as the massive doors slowly closed.

He got closer and closer, but as his fingers brushed hers, a burst of energy knocked him back and she was sucked in, the doors slamming shut with a sound of finality eternal. The gales died down and the light faded, speckles of it dancing before his eyes. He slammed his fists against the doors, raging at it like a bull gone mad. He slammed again and again, blows so powerful it could be heard and felt for miles. His fists were bleeding, but the doors showed no signs of giving, or that he had done anything. He fell to his knees in sorrow as tears streamed his face, blood pooling around his battered hands.

"My love..." he said in a hoarse whisper.

He sat there in quiet for moments that seemed to drag onto eternity before his fists slammed the ground and a roar of feral hatred for all things filled the air for miles around him. "You shall not take her from me! Do you hear me?! You shall not take her! I will destroy everything! I will end all worlds until I have her back! Do you hear me! Do you hear me!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Re: Worlds Roleplay

Post by xenolion on 21st December 2013, 6:06 pm

{Attn: Yuuko's house}

“How can someone from a different world have affiliations with one on his?” Ravenna blurts out covering her mouth. She slides her fingers off her mouth. “Is travel between worlds that common?”

She looks askance at Adrain. What kind of person is he? This person he is seeking revenge must have done him a great wrong. Ravenna wonders if Adrain would be satisfied with this one person's downfall.

New siggy will be coming soon

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

xenolion
VIP

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 21st December 2013, 7:24 pm

[Attn: All]

Yuuko's grin became mischievous. "You already know the answer, Trickster, but if you seek to defeat him, then you also already know what you must do." Her grin deepened. "Why, isn't it obvious? The ones you were supposed to kill were all of them," she said waving her hand in the direction of everyone.

Dani's eyes lit with fire as she took the Trickster in. Her hand moved to her holster and Yuuko was beside her in an instant, shaking her head.

"His earlier interaction with you was unrelated," she told Dani. Dani's gaze took him in flatly, but she relented. It sounded like they had to travel together...hopefully he would give her a chance to kill him.

Once more she regarded them, taking Arien's eyes into her own. "As you may have realized, only the barest of you carries the ability to pay the price alone, and in each of you how to obtain what you desire is the same. Together, however, the ability to pay the price becomes within your reach, though the cost is still great: something you value greatly."

She looked at Arien. "Your price would be your markings and the bonds they hold," she told her. "As such, you would lose your familial ties and if you succeed in restoring the light orb to your people, you will get no glory for it. Your memories of your family will no longer exist to you--though it will to them. All the memories and feelings you've built with them up to this point shall be lost and you will know nothing more than that you had them."

Her gaze took in Ravenna. "Your cost for travel is that beret you're wearing."

She turned to regard Mia. "To travel, your ability to sing is the price."

She looked to Tristan. "You value your familial ties above all else. Your memories of your mother and sister are your price. Though you will remember a name and that you knew them, you will know nothing of them or the feelings that you'd built. Only that you paid this price."

She looked at Eva. "Your price would be your ability to eat your elements," she explained. "Though you would still be able to consume magical light or darkness, natural light and darkness would be closed off to you."

"Gunslinger," she said with a smirk, "your 'hook' is twofold as your wish encompasses much: that photo of your family you hold and..." she held up a hand, palm to the sky, and floating in it was a strange seal, "you must bear this seal. It will consume your fusion energy, reducing it by more than half. You need not worry about blowing up, however."

"You, Legionator," she said, and Dani tensed, "are the three dark glyphs you treasure most: Hatred, Flawed, and Guilt."

Fire rose in Dani's eyes. "You will not take them..." she growled.

"Take?" Yuuko replied. "I merely regard you your price. I take nothing, it is what you must offer. But for the Ultimate Legion, did you think the price would be cheap?"

Dani's eyes were dual infernos meeting Yuuko's impassive limpid pools. She clenched her fists as she mulled it over. Yuuko moved on.

"And finally you, Trickster," she said regarding him with amusement. "You are a mercurial creature, freedom is what you value above all, and freedom is what you must be willing to pay. A portion of it. If you agree, you will be bound to this group until the day you return to your world. You may not hinder them, though you aren't necessarily required to aid them."

Last edited by Venom on 26th December 2013, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 21st December 2013, 8:23 pm

Ravenna gasps when Yuuko reveals that they were in fact Adrain's targets. The Legionnaire's response was to take out her weapon. Yuuko stopped her though. She then takes the other members in turn and explains their 'costs'. Each of them have to give up something important.

Ravenna's hands go to her beret. The hat itself is not all that special, rather it is what it does. Correia gave her the hat to help block her magic. It helps her block out the voices that invade her brain especially in high energy times like this. She smiles at Yuuko. “I never knew you were a fan of berets. What do I possibly gain by giving you this? You already said that you cannot grant my wish.”

She looks at the others and takes a deep breath. Her right hand grabs her beret and slips it off. She stumbles slightly as all the voices enter her brain. Everyone is emotional right now and they are not used to having one with her abilities around. The beret held out in front of her shakes slightly. “Now if you don't mind, I need to be alone for a little while.” Ravenna drops the beret and walks away from the group, hoping that some distance will help with the voices.

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pachirisu71 on 22nd December 2013, 12:27 am

Arien's eyes widened. So, the Trickster was an assassin, an assassin paid to kill all of us. She blinked, but he wasn't going to kill us. Would the man come after us himself?

Arien's heart skipped a beat and she gasped as Yuuko told her the price. She swung her sword in front of her powerfully. She wanted to say no, but stayed silent. Parting with her markings would be impossible for her; she was fighting to save her family. Without them she would be truly alone. It would be worse than if they died, worse than them turning to evil, because at least they'd be apart of her life and she, theirs. She felt as though Yuuko was about to erase her existence. How could she bare that?

And, without the glory of saving Arboga would she have truly redeemed herself? She would be known for her failure and nothing more. Or worse, she may be forgotten, without a single person knowing more than her name. Could she honestly let that happen? What's preventing it from falling into the same pattern?

Arien took a deep breath and shook her head, ignoring her qustions. More than anything, she had to put her people before herself. She would save an entire population of people, animals, and plants alike. She understood that and could not let it die. "Yuuko, I accept. Now, tell me what I need to do." She commanded. She hoped she'd succeed, but she knew she'd never be alright, again, regardless.

Last edited by Pachirisu71 on 22nd December 2013, 1:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Pachirisu71

smolness

https://www.instagram.com/art_byannie/

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 22nd December 2013, 12:49 am

[ATTN: Yuuko's House]

Trick's mind went blank at Yuuko's words; he leaped to his feet and pulled his own gun as the professional turned to him, her own hand going for her gun. He gave the Legionnaire a hard look, raising an eyebrow as Yuuko talked her down. His eyes darted around the rest of the group, taking in their own gazes on him.

He lowered his weapon as it seemed no one else wanted to follow the woman's example. There were, what, seven of them? Wouldn't have fit into my timetable anyway.

Trick scowled, chasing the thought away. He had to focus. He listened as Yuuko rattled off each of their prices as his mind raced. How bloody peculiar this whole mess is. The eight of them gathered here, seven he would have been hired to kill, all gathered by this woman who offered the same impossible sort of wishes that Alfonse had tried to tempt him with as a reward for their traveling -

He blinked. Ravenna had already dropped her payment on the ground and run off, and now the Arien chick was next to accept. "Hold the hell up," he snapped, glaring over at Yuuko. "I don't know about these kids but I'm not taking any job without knowing the whole story, so tell me love, why exactly does Alfie want the seven - eight - people you have here dead?"

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar on 22nd December 2013, 1:49 am

[Attn: Yuuko's house]

Tristan looked at Adrian when Yuuko mentioned he was taking notes.  His facial expression remained neutral, but he realized he had to pay attention to what all he gave away.  Luckily for him, he had given away little, still caution was needed.

When Yuuko revealed that the Trickster was supposed to kill them all, he didn’t flinch.  How convenient. To be honest, he was already preparing himself for bounty hunters except he wasn’t quite expecting to be on a wanted list so soon.   The real question was why all the other people? It was like someone else had foresight that they all would come to Yuuko so that they may travel between worlds.

Yuuko began revealing the prices for each, all of them seemed incredibly important.  As he heard his price, Tristan’s mind went blank.  Lose my memories?  He stepped back a few feet as he processed what it meant.  His mother and deceased sister were a large part of his past.  He had become the man he was now because of them; it would be like losing part of his heart.

As Ravenna and Arien accepted, he began to pull out Mysie’s small journal of poems she had written.  He usually always had it on hand with him and would try to read them on her birthday. It was the only thing left he had of her. Well besides my memories apparently. He thought, internally scoffing at himself.

As much as he hated it, he knew he had to do whatever was necessary if he wanted to keep his mother and the rest of his people safe.  No doubt his mother would mourn for him, assuming he was dead, and in a way he would be because he wouldn't truly know her anymore.

With that, he began to approach Yuuko to accept her deal when Adrian jumped in again, asking why they all were targets.  It was a good question, one he wanted to hear out before he agreed even though he was already certain he’d accept.

Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd December 2013, 12:44 pm

[Attn: All]

Dani shook herself at the Trickster's question. "Get the wax out of your ears, Trickster," she said, her neutrality back. "She never claimed to bring us here beyond collecting us after we crashed into her world. She's not trying to get us to travel, she's told us the price involved for what we seek, which is to travel." She felt the woman's eyes on her and giving her an approving nod when she looked in her direction. She wasn't necessarily trying to be helpful, but she needed to get to Thanatos and the Trickster was slowing her down.

"That is correct," Yuuko answered. "As for reasons, Alfonse and those associated with him have plans. Plans that even I cannot see. Those plans have already touched three of you," she added, looking at Trick, Tristan, then Dani. Dani blinked. The man who had once more broke Thanatos into shards. "I seek nothing more than to fulfill my role as the shopkeeper here. But know this, you run the risk of crossing paths with them wherever you go, and for whatever reason, they will regard you as a threat and act accordingly."

She looked at Trick again. "You should probably look for two knives," she said, holding up his second one.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar on 22nd December 2013, 1:50 pm

[Attn: Yuuko's House]

When Yuuko suggested that he was one of the few who were already connected to this unknowable plan, he could only assume that the man chasing him was the reason.  Was the idea of destroying Toivoa part of a bigger plan?  It made sense since there wasn’t much that the planet had to offer.  Regardless of whether he was connected or not, he’d keep the key a secret for now.

Stepping forward to Yuuko, he handed her Mysie’s small journal.  “Do me a favor, destroy this or get rid of it.  Doesn’t matter.  It won’t mean anything to me anymore, and I’d rather not have it with me.”  He said quietly.  He took a deep breath and straightened his jacket.  No turning back now I guess. Here goes nothing.  He smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes.  “Alright, take what’s needed from me, and thanks for the help, Yuuko.”  

It was done.  He wouldn’t hassle the witch anymore.  All that was left was for the rest to decide if they would pay the price.  He went to the corner and found a spot to sit so that he could clear his mind of thoughts.

Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 22nd December 2013, 3:14 pm

[ATTN: All]

He looked over at the Legionator in disbelief as she came to Yuuko's defense. Well apparently he'd been wrong about her. "I was listening, princess," he snapped, giving her a scathing look. "I didn't think you were so naive as to accept her words without question." Obviously your targets are the ones here, she said, how the hell was that not suspicious? Why obviously?

His face darkened as Yuuko showed off his knife. "My knife is not worth your cryptic bullshit," he said. "First you ask for my freedom, then for my weapons. One might think you hope there will be an 'accident' if I accept." He cut his eyes to the professional again.

He opened his jacket, showing off the pockets sewn inside. "Take something less vital. My safety is not worth your vague warnings and guesses."

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 22nd December 2013, 4:44 pm

Space does not help the voices as much as Ravenna would like. She can still detect the anger, fear, and even some despair. She knows that everyone has to give up something dear to them. Yuuko laid it out for everyone, they just need to hurry and make up their minds.

Ravenna sits down on the ground, her legs crossed in front of her. She keeps her eyes closed trying to just let the emotions wash over her. In cases like this it is not good trying to make sense of the emotions.

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd December 2013, 5:59 pm

[Attn: Trick, Open]

Dani looked at him. "Argue semantics all you want, Trickster," Dani said evenly, "but exactly how are you going to prove or disprove anything she says? Everything she could have told you up to this point could've been a blatant lie. How will you disprove it? Can you?"

When he whined about his knife, she pulled one out of her boot and threw it at him, landing with a thunk as it stabbed in the ground right in front of his crotch. The knife was of quality make and superb balance. "I pay the cost for you to shut up." Despite the quality, a pittance if he did so.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 22nd December 2013, 8:19 pm

[ATTN: Yuuko's House]

Trick paused, turning to look at the Legionator again. "No more than you can prove it," he said. "You survive by being paranoid, princess -"

The knife thunked down between his legs, and for a moment he froze before his face split into a grin. "I'll take it," he said, reaching down for the knife and flipping it in his hands. "Fine. Lets move on. Can I ask about the exact terms of your offer or does that cost me as well?"

"I haven't been trying to prove anything, Trickster," Dani responded.

Yuuko grinned. "Asking the terms of your agreement is within your rights," Yuuko told him.

He only rolled his eyes at the professional. Wish they'd stop calling me Trickster though He never knew one syllable could be so annoying. "What precisely does it mean to hinder their 'quest'?" he asked, turning away from her.

"You can not knowingly do anything which might undo this group from whatever appointed task they've undertaken provided it brings no serious harm to your person," Yuuko explained.

"Then I would be allowed to act in self defense against them?" he said, giving the professional another sideways glance.

"If you define self defense as 'didn't attack them first or purposefully provoke them,' then yes, you are within your bounds to defend your life," Yuuko said, amusement tinging her words. "Otherwise, I'd advise you flee.

"But know this," she said, regarding all of them. "You are all paying the price, so you cannot leave a world without all of your number. Should one of your number fall, then you go nowhere."

Dani flinched at this. "Then I advise the Trickster to abide my earlier warnings," she said, her hand caressing her gun lovingly in stark contrast to her neutral face.

He puffed out his cheeks, exasperated. "That's no fun," he said, sounding disappointed. He glanced over to the professional and grinned broadly. There's ways around everything. He'd figure something out.

His grin widened at the professional's words. "Now now, princess, I'm sure you'll find plenty of other monsters to satisfy yourself with," he said casually, raising an eyebrow at Yuuko.

Technically all this meant was tagging along - shit he didn't have time for. His... condition wasn't the only clock hanging over his head. He was losing his touch. He could feel it, just from the little skirmish he had with the princess. Theoretically he could get away with being dead weight, seeing as apparently they needed to drag him along as well for this arrangement to work. But sitting around was boring.

He spun the hilt of the blade on the tip of his finger. A good weapon indeed. "What about just a friendly skirmish?"

Yuuko was impassive. "I already explained that," she said, "don't make me repeat myself."

He threw his head back, like a disappointed kid. "No fun at all," he said, a childlike whine in his voice, but there was amusement in his eyes. Trick flipped the knife and caught it in his hand as he looked at her again. Oh, he didn't trust her worth shit. But then he never trusted any other employer he'd had.

What the hell. No one's asked me to play babysitter before. He tossed the knife to his left hand and held out his right. "Fine. I'll behave." He was going to regret this, he knew it, but there was no other way to reach the end prize. "Just for you."

Watanuki stepped in the way, intercepting him and reaching out to shake his hand. Trick jerked his hand back. "Whoa kid, you're not my employer," he said. "No go. What, you think I'd just stab my employer?"

"She's not your employer, either!" he snapped back. "You're about as trustworthy as a snake! I hope you break the terms of your contract just so you can't cause trouble!"

"Watanuki, calm down," Yuuko said, pushing him aside gently. "If a handshake is what he needs..."

Dani had her gun unholstered and was inspecting it nonchalantly.

He clasped her hand, holding the handshake a little too long before he released her hand. Trick smirked, raising an eyebrow at Watanuki. "See? No stabby."

Watanuki growled and glared at him. Dani kept her gun out until Trick was away from her.

Trick stretched, winking at Watanuki as he glared at him. "Pleasure doing business with you," he said smoothly, turning and walking away from the crowd still around her, making up their minds.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar on 23rd December 2013, 5:42 pm

[Attn: Yuuko's House, Ravenna]

It was hard to clear his mind. The tension between Adrian and the Legionator was growing and drawing his attention; He could already tell it was going to be a challenge for them all to travel together.  

He scanned the room, waiting here wasn’t helping much.  He remembered that Ravenna had left the group to get some space.  He knew she was upset about the deal and wanted to be left alone.  He wanted to respect that, but he also felt like he should get to know some of the people he was traveling with.

Tristan left the group and ended up finding Ravenna.  She looked like she was meditating on the ground; maybe she was having better luck than he with clearing her mind.  He cleared his throat to draw attention.  “Hi...Ravenna, mind if I join you?”  He said lightly.

He found a spot on the ground next to her.  “Being around the group right now is making me feel claustrophobic, something I’m usually not I’d like to add.”  He paused before continuing. “Guess that’s why you came here, so you could have some space.” He'd leave if she asked him, but he figured there was no harm in trying to start up a conversation.

Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 23rd December 2013, 6:45 pm

{Attn: Yuuko's house, Tristan}

“Hi...Ravenna, mind if I join you?”

Ravenna opens her eyes slightly startled to see Tristan next to her. This time it was not just in her head. “Hello Tristan, please do have a seat. Yes claustrophobic. Tensions are running high with good reason.” She runs her fingers through her hair. “You are afraid to lose your memories aren't you?” She bites her lip afraid she has said too much. “It appears that everyone is going to lose something dear to them. I only hope in the end it is worth it. The tensions between Danielle and Adrian is not helping either."

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 23rd December 2013, 10:50 pm

[ATTN:  Yuuko, Arien]

I'm still standing here, listening to everyone doubt and distrust and fill their vocal inflections with distaste, anger, mockery, and other such things that are less than flattering of each of them.  In fact, the only being here that I can truly see is here for a reason is this Arien.  

I can tell that what she seeks is truly important to her.  The others seem to desire something, as well, but not near to such intensity.  After all, not even this little girl knows for sure that these wishes are true, but she's willing to bet on the possibility due to her circumstances.  I cannot help but feel regret for her, even though I do not know or understand her troubles.

The rest...I feel nothing but neutrality towards them.  Whatever they seek, it cannot be truly as important to them as hers--she has the utmost willingness to pay whatever cost, just as I am.  As such, this Arien reaches out to me, out to my emotions, with just a tint of sorrow.  

However, realization has kicked in as I sit and watch everyone bicker and disrespect and argue with one another.  I cannot do this.  Lia is still out there and if I want to be human again, I cannot do that until I have dealt with her.  If I became a human now, traveled on this journey of unknown worlds for a wish that may not come true, I would be leaving Lia behind with Kameron, Joey, and Sidney and that is something I just cannot do.  Besides....if I am cured, I would not be able to face her when I returned.  She would be far stronger than she already is and would undoubtedly kill me in an instant and whatever life with Kameron that I fought for in this journey would be for nothing.

I will...I will have to wait.  I clench my fists.  I will return, though.  When I'm good and ready and when my issues have been dealt with.  I know where to find Yuuko, now, so it shouldn't be a problem.  I walk up to this girl known as Arien, the "magician."

"I want you to have this."  I say, holding out my hand to her.   It is a necklace, the small pendant only that of a simple, orange leaf.  Very beautiful, but almost too gaudy for my own tastes.  "It was a gift from a loved one that I lost.  I want you to have it, along with my hopes that you find what you are looking for on this adventure of yours."

I look over at Yuuko with hardened eyes.  "It is time for me to go back home.  I have some...things to deal with.  When I am finished, I will return to make this deal with you.  I will return and give you my singing voice then."

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar on 24th December 2013, 12:09 am

Tristan couldn’t hide his surprise when she asked about his memories, but he still managed to smile at her.  He could tell she was nervous at asking him that question.  “Honestly, yeah, I guess I am.  It’s part of me; not having all that history, I simply don’t want it to change me.”  He casually stated.  And it’s probably best that I don’t return.  

He nodded.  He too hoped that this was all worth it for them.  To sacrifice so much, it better be.  “We need to make it worth it.  I just hope those two don’t tear each other apart along the way.  Who knows, maybe they’ll find out they enjoy each others company.”  He joked.

“What about you? Will you be alright without your beret?”  He inquired. She was a magician with the ability to know what he was thinking; he could only speculate what the beret meant to her.

Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 24th December 2013, 4:35 pm

Ravenna places her hands in her lap. “I gave it away didn't I? Telepathy is only half of my abilities, I can also move things with my mind. I would rather do that than the telepathy. When emotions run high, such as now, it is hard to avoid it.” She glances over at Trick and Dani. “Adrian does not like to be called Trickster, he prefers just trick. 'Legionnaire's' name is Dani, and the 'Gunslinger' is Wraith.” She looks at Tristen again. “The beret was given to me by a friend when I discovered my abilities. It helped block my magic. I guess I will have to get used to the noise again.”

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar on 25th December 2013, 1:28 am

Tristan listened as Ravenna explained her abilities. He had never met someone who had such abilities naturally; it was truly amazing, but it seemed like it was almost a curse for her as well. “I can’t imagine what it’s like to hear everything; but having magical abilities can’t be all bad.”

“You know almost everyone already with that ability of yours. That must be handy.” He commented. At least, he knew a little something about the people he would most likely be traveling with.

Tristan looked at her before shrugging. “Maybe you’ll be able to control it to a point where you can quiet the noise yourself.”

Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 25th December 2013, 9:51 am

“Normally I can't read everyone, but everyone is so emotional now they let down their guards. The others are scared about losing their things as well, but they have nothing to hide.” Ravenna explains to Tristen. “I don't make a habit of invading people's minds. It is just not right.”

Ravenna sighs. “In my world all magic is a blessing and a curse. I grew up as a Natural, a person without magic. So I was able to see both sides of it. My biggest worry is that the other magician will find out about my magic and force me to use it in shady operations. I refuse to do that.”

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 26th December 2013, 5:05 pm

[Attn: Open]

"If you're seeking after the one you called Lia," Yuuko said to Mia's retreating figure, "she has already left this world, granting her access to technology far superior to our world's. If you travel you are sure to cross paths with her."

"Then I guess I'll be coming along, after all," Mia replied, turning and putting an arm around Arien. "Looks like you're stuck with me, toots."

Dani found the behavior odd and incongruous with her initial impressions of the woman, but people could be odd. Yuuko nodded in response to the woman.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27th December 2013, 12:34 am

Attn: Open, Ravenna, Tristan

So that was the price, of course, her mind hadn't even gone there.. that would make things.. complicated. Not to mention her so called wish granting was nothing of the sort, she only took the price for the possibility to travel between worlds.. they had to do all of the work.

Well.. better that way, she guessed. Anything else would have been to easy and she wanted to get to the bottom of this herself. It's not like she couldn't recharge her essence at all, she would just have to be more.. careful.

With a sigh, Eva got up and noticed that in her brainstorming, some had gone to begin less basic introductions. She saw the girl who said to have come from a world where technology and magic were at war. Sure it wasn't exactly like her own world, but at least she knew that Ravenna's world probably had similar aspects to her in a way.

She seemed to be talking to the man named Tristan, if she recalled correctly, may as well start somewhere. Eva walked up to both of them, despite her body and mind feeling tired. "Sorry to interrupt, but I figured I should at least gather information about every one, since apparently, we will be ''travelling" together'' she said to both of them, crossing her arms and shifting her hips sideways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar on 27th December 2013, 1:28 am

[Attn: Yuuko's House, Ravenna, Eva]

“That explains how you knew what I was feeling.” He frowned slightly.  “Sorry, guess I made you hear my emotions whether you wanted to or not.”  Tristan was impressed by this girl's resolve.  Some people would abuse the power of telepathy.  After all, it would give the upper hand in most situations.  

He adjusted his position, stretching his legs out in front of him and leaning back on his hands. “You managed this long living up to your ideals.  It’d be shame for that to change now, so let’s make sure it stays the way it is.”

Just as he had finished, the one called Eva walked up.  He was a bit surprised; he sort of figured that many would be the antisocial type.  At least her coming up to them was an effort.  “Hey Eva.” A hint of a smile graced his lips.  “What would you like to know?”

Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 27th December 2013, 6:54 am

{Attn: Tristen, Eva, Open}

"Actually that was not my telepathy at all. I simply listened and watched. I watched all of you as Yuuko explained the cost of travel. I grew up a servant of a household. I spent years watching people even before I knew of my powers. One does not gain magic, either you are born with it or not. My mother was a natural, and I never knew my father. Magicians and naturals do not mix. As Correia told me 'it is a big deal when magic in a family is lost.'” Ravenna bites her lip. She had not intended to tell him all that. It is the oppressiveness of the air around her that is causing her to drop her guard even. “Sorry, I didn't mean to say all that.”

She is about to get up when a shadow blocks the light. She looks up and sees Eva. “Yes, of course please sit down.” Ravenna feels a spike of resignation could it be coming from Eva or elsewhere? She wishes she was younger again and could suppress the voices. She still remembers her mother's warnings not to tell anyone or they will think she is crazy. How does the old saying go about ignorance?

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27th December 2013, 6:49 pm

Attn: Open, Ravenna, Tristan
10% Light 10% Dark

Eva nod's at both of them at takes a seat beside them, crossing her leg over the other and smirking. ''Well, firstly, I am the general of my home's army, so it would be wise for me to know your abilities, that way I could put strategies into play, if ever we encounter enemies." She said bluntly, awaiting their answers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar on 28th December 2013, 2:10 am

[Attn: Ravenna, Eva, Open]

Tristan could tell that Ravenna was worried about how much she had told him about herself.  To be honest, he was glad that she had.  He looked at Ravenna briefly before answering Eva’s question.  He hoped that she could sense his appreciation for opening up.  He didn’t come from a world that was at all similar to hers, so understanding more about her made her more relatable.

Turning his focus back on Eva, he pondered how to address her question.  The vibe she gave off made sense now that he knew she was a general.  She definitely came off as a straightforward woman. “Well, I’m no general…that’s for sure.”  He smirked at the idea internally. However, it was true that they had to work together since they were already targets.

“I have some skill with knives.”  He was a good fighter, but it wasn’t like he was a professional killer either.  He held out his left arm to show his wristband.  “And this little thing helps keep me cloaked if ever I need to be invisible.  That’s about it for me.” He said with a shrug.

“And you?” He questioned Eva.  “I take it that you have light and dark abilities”  He gathered she had some magical abilities due to the cost that Yuuko had mentioned.  No doubt she was highly skilled in combat as well.

Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top