Journeys and Adventures

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Journeys and Adventures

Post by EphPhoenix on 15th April 2014, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

It was a gorgeous sunny day in the city of Maplevale. The morning rush had already passed, and with school not yet started for another few weeks, the traffic was at calm levels--save the rush of the teenagers with cars. The city was expanding rapidly with the new jobs that the energy and technology plants were opening bringing new people to it. The city had begun to swell from a population of 100,000 to nearly 200,000 in the span of half a decade. The construction jobs prevalent to deal with the expansion had been numerous, but it was dying down finally. Thankfully. It was still growing rapidly, beginning to earn the nickname "mini-metropolis." It boasted numerous parks, a growing expanse of skyscrapers, a few large lakes, and two centers of learning renowned for their academia nationwide--one of them Ivy League. In short, life was good in the city.

Jericho meditated on the roof of the city, trying to focus his power, trying to understand it. He still was unsure of what to do with this power. Becca was still trying to get him to put on some ridiculous outfit and "hero it up" with her. Still couldn't believe that had become a reality.

But was that what his powers were meant for? There was the argument that power not used was no better than having none at all. There was also the argument that great power carried great responsibility--the Spider-Man credo--but just because you had the power were you necessarily obligated to the world around you to use it?

"You're thinking about it again, aren't you?"

Jericho sighed. He'd been so lost in his thoughts that he hadn't even felt Becca's presence. His face made a grimace that faded when he saw Becca in her civvies and not in her "Vivacious" uniform.

"You always do that," she grumbled, folding her arms. "I'm doing some good out there."

"I didn't say a word," Jericho said, closing his eyes and trying to return to meditating.

"You don't have to," she snapped, "your face says it for you. Look, I messed up and am trying to make up for it like you taught me!"

"I don't recall telling you to name yourself 'Vivacious,'" he said with an unsuppressed smile.

She made a face. "You're a real smug bastard, y'know that?"

"Guilty," he added with a laugh.

"Hey!" she said grabbing his arm and pulling him up. "Enough with the monk stuff! I'm hungry!"

Jericho popped an eye open to look at her. "You're a grown woman," he commented. "Go and get yourself something to eat."

Suddenly, he felt a spike of energy and saw a glowing ball of golden light in Becca's hands. She looked highly disgruntled.

"I don't wanna eat alone," she said. "And just like you helped me, it's my job to help you. And all this antisocial behavior just isn't good for you."

Jericho sighed. "I take it that means you're gonna badger me until I agree to go?"

"You're a fast learner!" Becca said cheerfully.

Jericho sighed. "Alright, let's go..." he said getting up.

"Yay!" Becca exclaimed, jumping for joy. "And hurry up! I've got orientation in an hour!"

Jericho sighed again. This girl was nothing but trouble...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Re: Journeys and Adventures

Post by EphPhoenix on 16th June 2014, 2:39 pm

[Attn: Lightweight]

A sad smile crossed his face. "Oh, dear, if I had lost just a dream, I'd have counted myself lucky." His eyes watered and he blinked rapidly lest they became tears. "I lost the very heavens." He touched the glass and leaned his head against it for a moment, the weight of emotion proving too heavy in that instant. He took a deep breath and pushed off, his expression once more placid. He gave her a grin as he turned away. "Thanks for savin' my life, kid. A tip: you find something worth fighting for, don't ever let it go. Regret is a terrible burden."

He walked away, seemingly fading into the night. The old building he'd been standing in front of was long since abandoned, but the faded sign read: The Spot.

In one of the tall skyscrapers, a man sat in a large office smoking a cigar as he looked out over the amazing view of the skyline behind a large mahogany desk. He took a puff to regard that which was his, then turned back to his computer screen where several images were displaying. They all focused on one particular person: Omniman.

A beep came to his door and he said "Enter" in a smooth voice. A man in nondescript clothing entered. He was wiry, but there was a fluid strength in his movements. "Did you get what I asked for?"

The wiry man nodded. "A piece of cake with the ruckus you created," he said in a surprisingly deep voice. "Though did you truly need someone of my skills with such a commotion?"

The man behind the desk nodded. "Your ability to improvise is unparalleled. That kind of chaos required that talent in spades. And keeping out of the spotlight, to boot."

"I aim to serve...so long as the price is right."

"You'll find the other half of your funds are being transferred as we speak. I pay well for usefulness."

"I'll remember. Though such an unassuming diamond hardly seems worth the trouble."

"All in good time. I hope we may do business again in future."

"Indeed." The man turned...and was gone.

The man at the desk pushed a comm button on his desk. "Get ready to initiate the next phase of our plan," he said as the image of Omniman cringing at the sonic waves flashed onto the screen.

"Where have you been? I was starting to worry--oh damn! What happened to you?!"

Jericho rolled his eyes. "I got lonely and made out with an assault rifle," he said wryly. "It was hot till I pressed all her triggers."

Becca grinned. "Figures the only action you'd get is with hot lead," she joked. "Speaking of, those look like...bullet holes?"

"Yeah," he said, moving stiffly. "I had to try and stop a few...hundred."

Becca blinked. "You...glad we're never fighting again..."

He went into the small room on the roof. It was basically a tiny house and it was here where he rested. His teacher's old master was letting him stay here. Nice guy, but a bit aloof. And he seemed to never be home. Yet Jericho noted that the tea leaves were always freshly stocked and the place kept clean. And it was the tea leaves he currently needed.

"So what're you doing up here, anyway?" Jericho said as he pinched a few and began preparing the pot for tea. "I figured you'd be all glowy and 'Vivacious.'"

"Oh, I was, then a building collapsed on me," she said offhandedly.

He looked back, taking her in for the first time. There was dried blood on the side of her head and a few cuts and bruises. He focused, feeling her life energy. Nothing critical. "You okay?"

"Mostly," she said, unfolding her arms. Jericho got a full range of generous cleavage.

"Woah!" he said, turning away and going red. "Why don't you put some clothes on?"

"Wha--oh my God. Are you blushing?! That...is adorable." She grinned mischievously. "I can move in closer for a better look if you'd liiiike...?"

Jericho turned and glared at her, keeping his eyes firmly planted on her face. "Get some damn clothes on."

She laughed and walked into his room. "S'what I'm here for," she said. "They should really make these things more durable."

"Or, y'know, you could wear something more practical, like cargoes or something with pockets!"

"Hey! It's comfortable and easy to move in!"

"So's spandex, I hear."

"It's what the heroes in the comics wear."

"You mean the pictures and stories tailored to horny male nerds?"

"You're one of them, y'know."

"Yes I am, and not the point. Besides, I always complained about the practicality of it, anyway!" And the other guys had all given him strange and exasperated looks.

She sighed. "I'll...keep it in mind." Yeah, that was her way of saying in a pig's eye. "Mind letting me get some of that tea of yours, too?"

"Yeah. I'll patch you up while we wait."

[Attn: Tam, Terry]

Horatio did his best to soothe Tam and calm her down. It would've been easier with the strong drink, but the instant he'd tried it had frozen the instant it touched her lips. "Look at the bright side," he told her, "you'll never have to worry about date rape." After a few minutes, he quietened and turned on the tv in the limo, watching the news with increasing distaste. "I swear, what do we have media for, anymore, when all they peddle is bullshit?" He turned it off. "He'll bring 'justice,' my ass."

Finally, they pulled up to a ritzy looking apartment. "At least they didn't hit home. C'mon, kids, let's get inside."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 16th June 2014, 9:47 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Lightweight watched him go, a frown on her face as he vanished. She glanced up sign as he left. She finally shrugged, turning and running off down the alley into the night. Maybe a few more circuits before she went back. The big commotion seemed to have died down.

[ATTN: Horatio, Tam]

Terry stepped out of the limo, initially turning to help Tam follow - but Horatio was already there. He expected that, really - from his thoughts the man wasn't going to leave her side any time soon.

Jill's probably wondering where I've gone, he thought absently as he they entered the apartment. The place was large, nicely furnished, and... "Whoa," he muttered. A nerd's wet dream at that, too. Bookshelves filled with comics and gadgets, an enormous tv with shelves holding every game system known to man and games for each, dozens of signed photos and the like.

He looked back at the others, seeing Horatio helping Tam through the door. His thoughts were on things other than him, so... this'd be the best time to answer nature's call. He hadn't wanted to say anything but... well, he'd been holding it in the whole car ride. Limo ride. Whatever.

Terry walked through the apartment, searching the rooms until he found the bathroom. He sneaked inside, closing it behind him, and turning to find a suited man staring at him from the bathtub.

"Holy - " he said, and clamped a hand over his mouth. "Man, you startled me, do you have to stare like that?"

The lanky, wealthy looking young man, dressed in an expensive suit with a gold pocket watch, looked stunned. "You can see me?"

"Oh, yeah, that, yes of course I can see you, can you not watch while I'm doing this I gotta be quick, important things outside, you know." The ghost, still stunned, slowly turned around.

Terry was in and out in moments. "We can talk later," he whispered back into the bathroom, waving at the ghost inhabiting Horatio's bathtub before closing the door behind him. He could see the ghost starting to raise his hand back before he turned away. "Sorry," he said louder, moving to find Horatio, "been holding that in. How is she?"

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar on 18th June 2014, 5:40 am

[Attn: Russian female, Young man]

The news report was finishing up as she was walking in. It seemed like the news were having a field day on today’s events. “I could have been a casualty, actually. But it’s part of the job, right?” She said freely as she placed her belongings on a table. “The information is on that drive. It should have everything we need.” She quickly pointed to the drive containing the information on the law firm.

Brianna took the coffee and had a sip. “Actually, I prefer to indulge in this addiction. It helps me work.” It had been a long evening and exhaustion was slowly becoming her companion. Brown eyes began to focus on the dark liquid in her cup. Her mind began to replay the events of the evening. She would never admit it, but it had been one of her sloppier data-gathering missions, as she liked to call them. Next time, she’d do better.

Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 18th June 2014, 6:35 pm

[ATTN: Horatio, Terry]

As she sits on one of the seats in Horatio's home, ignoring her surroundings, she is much more calm. Her face is still somewhat stiff from the frozen tears, but it would seem that the icy cold around her has warmed and nothing she touches is turning against her.

She looks down at her feet, unmoving as she is placed here, her mind rambling from memory to memory and unable to recall ever experiencing anything like this before in her life. What is wrong with her? Is she a freak? What is going to happen to her now? Is it safe for her to be around other people?

[ATTN: Stranger]

Thomas receives the visitor with a stone-like expression, but he nods his head politely as he steps aside and gestures for the man to enter with a welcoming arm. He lets the man pass him before closing the door behind him.

"Take a seat." Thomas says, curious. "What can I do for you?"

Thomas takes a seat of his own, leaning back in a chair with a relaxed pose, though the tension in his body is still evident. No expressions find their way on his face as he awaits to discover what the man has to say.

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 18th June 2014, 11:30 pm

"Well, she's no longer freezing all of existence, so that's a start," Horatio said, blowing on his hands to warm them. "Tam? Have you come back from Nirvana? Did it smell like teen spirit up there?"

[Attn: Thomas]

The man nodded his thanks as he entered and found a chair. To Thomas' inquiry, he passed him a folder. Inside, were pictures of a woman that had been brutally murdered.

"I don't know if you keep up with local events," he began, "but all hell broke loose tonight. A couple folks were killed--this girl, however, doesn't match the injuries that would've been caused by tonight's display. They're writing it off, but look at the cuts around the neck. Those were precise. And there are marks on her arms and legs indicative of restraints. They're obscured due to rubble being thrown on them--throwing her into that debacle was a stroke of genius. I almost missed it myself, but they are similar to a string of dead animals we've been finding lately. There are pictures of that, too, in there. You see the pattern?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 19th June 2014, 7:51 am

[ATTN: Tam, Horatio]

He considered for a moment asking Horatio if he ever had any problems with the bathroom after he left, but Terry looked sharply over at Tam as he picked up her thoughts. Ghosty can wait a few minutes longer.

Terry picked up a chair and dragged it over next to Tam, sitting down next to her. "Alright. Listen to me, Tam. You are still you. You are not some freak or monster, got it? There is absolutely nothing wrong with you." He spoke slowly and carefully, reaching out to try and hold her hand.

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 19th June 2014, 9:38 pm

Dominic Bradshaw, famed multi-billionaire philanthropist, finishes a press conference of his own, giving a polite wave to the press as he turns and leaves to attend to other business. In the events of that night, one of his own buildings had been hit. He'd taken it upon himself to help the authorities and emergency workers however he could. Wealth is not attained in a vacuum, after all. He'd just finished announcing his decision to work on stocking emergency workers and law enforcement with new, cutting edge technologies to make their jobs easier, and hopefully deter any future actions of this magnitude. And the kicker that took most of the press by surprise? No one involved would have to pay a dime. Everything would be paid for, courtesy of Bradshaw International and Project Unity.

He'd also gotten through with answering questions about the "vigilantes". He'd been quoted as saying "That word, right there...'vigilante'. I'm not comfortable with that. Omniman and Miss America, and a lot of other nameless capes and masks save a lot of lives. They're risking theirs all the time. They're not vigilantes. They're heroes. And yes, there are always going to be some...some 'bad eggs', but bringing down the hammer on all of them for it? I hardly call that fair. Now, Bradshaw International and Project Unity are paying a large portion of the damages. With any luck, contributions from others will be enough that the average joe won't have to spend a nickel out of pocket to get this fixed. Now, thank you, but those are all the questions I have time for."

On the way to his manor just outside of the city, the vehicle stops. He taps on the window between himself and his driver. "Uh...is something wrong, up there?"

"Sir...I think you might wanna get out of the car," the driver says.

Dominic arches an eyebrow and steps out to see a flowing red cape before him. He rubs his bald head and approaches. "O-Omniman? It's quite the honor. How can I help you?"

"You can start by just giving me an audience."

"No problem there. You're not exactly someone a person can ignore."

Omniman turns around and lands, crossing his arms. "I saw what you said. I appreciate it, but...with respect, Mr. Bradshaw, I can't let good people like you endorse me like this out of pocket. Not without, myself, doing anything to assist."

"I hope you don't think I can't afford it," Bradshaw says with a chuckle.

"No. If anyone in this city could afford to pay the whole thing on his own, it's you. But it feels...irresponsible. I came up with an idea. An LLC I can use to foot the bills for any damages I cause, or at least help with them, among other things. But I'm going to need a bit of support."

"And you came to me? Why's that?"

"Because you're one of the good ones."

"All right. How much do you need? Or do you need me to pull a few strings?" Dominic asks.

Omniman laughs and holds up his hands. "No. I'm fine, financially, and I'm perfectly connected. What I need from you is your good word. You've contributed more to this city, to this country, than most men can take credit for. Bradshaw International is a tech giant and the charity operation you've got going with Project Unity is amazing. People love you. They trust you. Me? I'm getting some attention, but if I'm going to make this work for the city, I need to do more than tell people, myself, how great I am."

Dominic nods and shakes hands with the superhero. "I'm amazed my hand is still in one piece."

"I have perfect control over my strength, Mr. Bradshaw. And, actually...there is one other thing I would appreciate you doing for me."

"Of course. What do you need?"

"Arrange a press conference?"

Dominic smiles. "First thing tomorrow."

Then Omniman salutes casually and flies off, leaving Bradshaw to get back into his limo. After the driver gets rolling again, Dominic begins to ponder, before picking up the car phone. "Yes, this is Dominic Bradshaw. I have a bit of a project on my hands, and a few ideas for it that I'd like to discuss with you. All right. Over breakfast, tomorrow? Of course. Thank you for your time."
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 26th June 2014, 2:38 pm

[ATTN: Horatio, Terry]

Tam is seated with her own levels of depression for a few minutes until Terry finds his way to the spot before her, speaking the words that she needed to hear, as if he could read her very thoughts and knew just what she felt inside. Her eyes look into his, a small desperation shining within them as her arms, which were crossed before her tightly, begin to feel less numb.

The warmth returns to her as hope follows, and Tam feels loved and feels as though they really care for her--even a strange boy that only met her not too long ago. The desperation in her eyes fade away and is replaced with an odd calm, as if part of Tam is in the room, but part of her is elsewhere and far, far away. The orange in her eyes also fades into a cool brown.

Suddenly, she leans forward and kisses Terry on the cheek. "Thank you."

[ATTN: Stranger]

Thomas looks mildly surprised as he looks through the files and information that is handed to him by the stranger that referred to himself as a "friend" to Marvin and Gruda. The man may just be telling the truth--to the common passerby, he is but a musician. Not many know of his pursuits into this sort of...business. The surprise in his eyes are replaced with a silent seriousness as he turns through the pages, looking at the files with careful and slow inspection.

"Looks like you have yourself a classic serial killer." Thomas says, looking up and handing the folder back to the man. He would want to keep them, but they are not his and he isn't a detective or a police officer. Keeping them could get the man in trouble. "Is this the first time you've seen this on a person?"

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 26th June 2014, 2:59 pm

Yeesh. I've become the third wheel... Horatio thought with a grin. At least he brought her back around. Useful, indeed. He chuckled inwardly at his own joke.

[Attn: Thomas]

The man nodded. "Yes," he said. "As the pictures suggest, he was starting on animals and now...it looks like he's ready for the big time." He placed the folder down on the nearby coffee table. "These are copies, so keep'em. My number's in there, too. Randy MacGruder. Should you find anything, let me know. And if there's any way I can help, you have my number. I don't want sons of bitches like this getting their rocks off in my city. If you're interested, I'll keep you appraised if anything else turns up." He made his way to the door. "Good night."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 26th June 2014, 6:31 pm

Terry blinked as Tam leaned forward to kiss him on the cheek. "Oh, um, thank you," he said, "don't worry about it. Just. So long as you feel better."

He considered for a moment sharing with her that he had powers as well - but he quickly decided otherwise. At the very least he'd keep his telepathy from her for now - he found the few people he told about it were more than a little freaked out by it. He couldn't blame them - all their private thoughts become public - and he was a little worried about how Tam would respond to it. It might ruin this nice peace she'd found right now.

"You should probably, uh, get some rest," he said, starting to stand awkwardly. "Y'know. I'm guessing that takes a lot out of you."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 30th June 2014, 12:38 pm

[ATTN: Terry, Horatio]

"Maybe." Tam says, still somewhat shaky in her voice. "How will I figure out what is wrong with me? What will I do if it happens again? What if I freeze up somebody and they die?"

She looks over at Horatio, her eyes still somewhat scared, though nowhere near the intensity that she had felt earlier. Then, her eyes widen with realization. "Wait...what about that little girl?? Is she okay? She kept saying mystery over and over."

[ATTN: Randy]

"You've got it." Thomas says, nodding his head goodbye as he sees the man out. He sits down and begins to sift through the papers more closely, pulling out a pin board that he had bought when he had gotten here and a few tacks.

After about an hour's worth of work, he had photos and evidence all posted up, along with post-it notes with questions and comments written here and there. The best lead he had was this first woman...and he had some ideas as to where she was last seen, thanks to the files from the police. Perhaps it was time scout out the vermin for the next few nights and hope that he will find his new prey.

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 30th June 2014, 1:05 pm

Horatio began to respond to her, but she was flying at a mile a minute with her speech. "Woah, woah, chillax," he said. "We'll get this figured out. And what girl? You mentioned her earlier, but I didn't see her there..."

He shook himself. "As for what happened, we'll just have to get some tests run on you--don't worry, you won't be a lab rat," he added, holding his hands up placatingly. "They know how to be discreet--and that I can end their careers if they double-cross me. Do you remember coming across any kind of chemicals or anything...?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 30th June 2014, 3:34 pm

Terry cleared his throat awkwardly as Tam mentioned the girl. A hell of another bombshell to drop on her now, but it was going to have to happen sooner or later, after all...

"Yeah, we should talk about that girl," he started uncomfortably, and stopped as Horatio spoke, falling silent. He'd let them discuss that before bringing up the whole ghosty thing. One bombshell at a time.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 2nd July 2014, 1:38 pm

Tam thinks for a bit, but shakes her head. "Nope. No chemicals, that I know of. I haven't even had a Chemistry class since high-school."

She shrugs and then looks at Terry again, wondering what was wrong with him. He seems a bit off, but then again, the guy always seemed slightly uncomfortable around her. And now, that is probably much easier for him to feel, considering her new "talent."

"That girl...." Tam says after a hesitation. "It's like she was calling to me. I am afraid she may be in trouble, Horatio. I know that I need help, but...what if she does, too? Is there anything that you can do?"

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 2nd July 2014, 11:13 pm

"Yeah, about that," Terry interjected. "Horatio can't help her, Tam. She's, uh... well, she's kind of already dead." Smooth.

"Well, that's not exactly true, we can still help her just not in the saving her sense." Terry why are you still talking? Probably she wants us to find out how she died, what with her whole 'mystery' thing."

He paused a moment, taking time to hate himself for his rambling. "That's, uh... that's what I'd guess." I sound like a lunatiiiiic.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 8th July 2014, 4:00 pm

[Attn: Terry]

Tam looked at him blankly. "What...?" She wasn't doubting him, but it was a bit overwhelming to just be told suddenly.

Horatio blinked, then doubled over laughing. "Oh man! This is too much!" he said in between gasps of air. "Steroid super assholes--ha ha--and now sixth sense hijinks!" He laughed another minute, putting a hand up, as he tried to regain control of himself. "Stop looking like a deer in headlights, dude, I'm not doubting you--not after earlier--but I wonder why you two see her and I don't.

"No matter," he added, going all business. "We can think on this in the morning. I think what everyone needs, now, is some rest."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 8th July 2014, 8:35 pm

Terry cringed. Smooth as ever. He stood up. "Yeah, I should be headed home," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Well, maybe in a bit," he said, as he remembered the ghost of the bathroom. Maybe he shouldn't bring him up after all, Horatio might not want to know there was someone watching him bathe.

Damn. He'd be walking back home this night. It was a pretty long walk too, and not necessarily in the best part of town either.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 9th July 2014, 9:16 am

"Dude, chillax," Horatio said. "Mi casa es su casa...at least tonight. I'm not gonna bring you over here then just kick you to the curb. I've got extra bedrooms, so pick one and get some sleep. I'll have the service take you wherever you want to go in the morning." He yawned and stretched. "Anyway, kids, I'm beat. We gotta do this again sometime. Night," he added, turning to look back, "don't do anything I would do." He winked, then left.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 9th July 2014, 9:47 am

Terry stuck his hands in his pockets and nodded, somewhat relieved. "Right. Thanks man."

He took a breath and looked over at Tam. "Guess I'll see you tomorrow too," he said, giving her an awkward nod before he started walking.

Soon as he found a room he could use, he tossed his phone on the bed to claim it and made his way back to the bathroom. He was already up - he might as well talk a little before eventually turning in.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 11th July 2014, 12:20 pm

Tam nods her head, happily quick to simply lay out on the couch she was sitting on for sleep. She secretly is glad that Terry is staying, but she'd never say it, especially not around Horatio the dolt. What a dip, but at least he was helping her out and letting her stay here instead of at the dorm. More people would be in danger from her if she stayed there...

She begins to daydream about various things, wondering where tomorrow will take her as she begins to doze off into sleep.

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 12th July 2014, 9:25 pm

[Attn: All]

The morning came, and of course came the memory of the construction and traffic nightmares that had plagued them the last few years. Many businesses had taken heavy hits during the biker attack and the full damages were being assessed. It was a morning of press conferences as the mayor and several businesses worked to reassure their stockholders that this was only a minor setback and not anything substantial.

In a surprising show of cooperation, several of the tech companies had opted to work together for mutual benefit to quickly repair the damages and get the city back on track using their construction automatons. "No one wants to relive the days of traffic hell," one joked.

"Why did you sleep here? You have a nice dorm."

Rebecca opened her eyes to see Jericho standing over her with that eternally inquisitive neutral face of his he always had when he gazed upon her. She smiled and it became the disgruntled frown, which only deepened her smile. He was always trying, and failing, to figure her out. It was her favorite game.

"It's not about the digs, it's about the service," she said with a yawn, stretching and sitting up, then pointing down. "My roommate wouldn't bring me breakfast in bed." There was a foam container she knew came from the nearby diner. His frown deepened and she leapt up and hugged him.

"Oh, get off," he grumbled. "I can't very well let you starve and you forget to eat." It was true, she did. He was the only one aside from her mom who ever paid attention.

"I rest my case," she said, releasing him, then plopping down and digging in. Extra helpings. He also factored in her metabolism. He was so well trained. She'd keep hi--"Ow! The hell, Jerkface?!" He'd chopped her on the top of her head.

"You were making some reference to having me trained like a dog or something," he said flatly.

"I was doing no such thing!" she protested indignantly. How had he known?

"Uh-huh," he said disbelievingly. "Eat your food."

"Yes, daaaaaaaad!" she called after him giggling. His sigh was music to her ears.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink on 13th July 2014, 9:51 pm

Earlier That Morning...

At an open air cafe in the city's more privileged quarter, Mr. Dominic Bradshaw sits back with one arm resting on the back of his seat and one leg folded over the other as he takes a sip of coffee. Across from him sits a slightly younger man with black hair, slicked back, and sporting a blue suit. "I'm glad we can count on your services," Dominic says.

"Not at all, Mr. Bradshaw. Information is my employer's business. In order to barter secrets, you have too make a few."

Dominic looks around. "I just don't want anyone tracking that money to him. He gets the funds, you bounce the money around through those 'shell' companies we talked about. Nothing more, nothing less."

"It'll be untraceable, Mr. Bradshaw. Now relax and try a bagel. They're surprisingly good."

"I was fully prepared to pay you, you know. The Tra- your boss didn't have to take this on for free."

The advocate wipes his mouth with a napkin and pauses for a moment to think, folding his hands on the table before looking out into the city. "Come now, Mr. Bradshaw. You're two of the richest men on the planet. What could he possibly want with your money?"

Later...

Omniman offers a wave to a moderately sized crowd of people before flying off into the skyline, backed by cheers and applause. The press conference had been a success. His announcement of a plan to foot the bills on incidents caused by superhero battles was met with praise. Having Dominic Bradshaw, the undisputed Man of the Year, on his side helped a great deal. It'd be some time before the civilians wouldn't have to pay a penny out of pocket for damages, but it was an ideal that people responded well to. In a few years time, it'd be another worry taken away from the people living in a world where some could fly or lift whole cars over their heads.

He makes a quick stop by his condo for a change of clothing and races off to work, deciding to drive instead of flying, today. On the way, he listens to the radio. He hadn't felt any ethereal tremors all day. Perhaps he'd get to relax for a change, and leave it to other capes and masks.

Across town, Renee is busy checking out the damage from the previous day with a couple of friends, Ellie and Kenny. "Geez. And I thought us 'less fortunate' kids had it rough."

"Was that gang war last night in your area really that bad?" Kenny asks.

"It kept me up all night. Luckily a bunch of superheroes stopped it or something."

"I wonder if Wild-Child was there," Ellie says.

"What?"

"Nothing! Nothing. Hey, did you hear about that Omniman, guy?"

"The one that's on a campaign to cease all whining?" Renee says, holding her hands behind her head. Ellie and Kenny stop and look back at her with arched brows. "You can't tell me you didn't realize that's what he was doing. C'mon. He's just doing it so the penny pinchers will shut up. And next week there'll be a whole new group of people complaining about the supers. You can't please everyone. No matter how hard you try."

"Renee, I think he genuinely wants to ease the lives of people who have legit reasons to be concerned about this stuff," Ellie says.

"Hey. I never said I didn't respect what he's doing. I just doubt he's doing it for some saintly golden boy reason. If I'm wrong, I'll track him down and apologize. How's that sound?"
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 14th July 2014, 8:32 am

[ATTN: Open]

Liza woke up late, groaning as she rolled out of bed into the floor. It was her one day off this week, and so at least she didn't have to worry about work, but dear god everything hurt...

She managed to pull on some clothes and crawl out of her apartment. She had chores to do today but she could get away with ignoring them a little, right?

She hit the streets, seeing now the results of last nights rampage in the light of day. Never before had she seen so much action in one ifht - so what was different about it? What exactly prompted this?

When Terry woke, he made his way to the bathroom to speak with the ghost yet again. His name was Nathaniel, a wealthy looking boy, and while he said little about his own death Terry had his own suspicions.

He kept his voice low in an attempt to not disturb the others.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 14th July 2014, 9:03 am

[Attn: Becca]

"What?! What do you mean, 'today is her day off.'"

Becca stood livid, leaning over the counter and seemingly looming over the owner, who was involuntarily stepping back. Jericho was impressed despite himself; he'd seen the owner stand up to some thugs on more than one occasion. As usual, most men crumbled when dealing with an angry woman.

"I--I'm sorry, miss," he stumbled over his words nervously, looking to Jericho briefly as if to say "Help me!" "Today is her day off."

Becca growled and Jericho put a hand on her shoulder, causing her to turn and glare at him. To his pride, he managed to not step back. Glad she hadn't pulled this when I first fought her... he thought gratefully. "Chillax," he said with a grin. "She didn't appear the most sociable type. Let it go. You can always try again another day and--"

"No..." Becca said with quiet determination as her eyes blazed, "we're going to find her now! You!" She said, turning back to the owner. "What's her address?!"

"Miss, I'm sorry," he said apologetically, "I can't give out that kind of infor--"

"I will beat--ow! Hey! Jericho! Let go!" He'd grabbed her by the ear and was now escorting her to the door. The owner wiped his brow and gave Jericho a grateful nod.

"Bad Becca," he said quietly. Quietly, cause he wasn't out to humiliate her. Or have her go rabid on him. "The man can't do that. Just come another day," he added when they were outside. This time he did step back when she turned on him. Her eyes were twin beacons.

"No," she said. "I said I would come for her today and I meant it." She grabbed him by the arm and drug him off. "Now, c'mon."

"I am not getting involved--"

"I won't bug you to play Halo with me for a week."

"Done. You got any ideas where to look?"

"Oh please, honey, I recognize my own kind. Lower class apartments. Now, let's head to the store and get a ski mask on you."

Jericho missed a step. "You're gonna go Vivacious to find her?"

"Damn straight!"

"Aren't we being a wee bit obsessive, here?"

"I also won't turn it on and just stare at you until you're guilted."

"I knew there was a--fine, no more comments from the peanut gallery. Let's just do this."

About an hour later, they found her near downtown. It was Becca who had done it--he'd tried his energy sense, but getting it to reliably work while mobile and with so many people around was difficult. As it stood he had a headache. They found a nice deserted alley where she could change to normal and he could just take off the ski mask.

"You...!" Becca said with an accusing glare, staring down Liza. "You tried to ditch me!"

Behind her, Jericho slapped a hand to his forehead, then gave Liza an apologetic expression. Once Becca set her mind on something, she didn't let go. "Well, look at the time," he said, turning to leave.

"You leave and you'll have the game on your bathroom mirror every morning." Jericho sighed and turned back around.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 14th July 2014, 10:05 am

[ATTN: Jericho, Becca]

Liza was minding her own business, wandering her way to the store to pick up more ramen when someone who seemed vaguely familiar intercepted her.

Liza blinked, unintimidated, until it dawned on her. "Oh shit, right," she said. She tried to remember their conversation the other day. "Right, I think I forgot I was off today," she said. "Been a while. What's up?"

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top