Children of the Moon Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Children of the Moon Discussion

Post by JerriLeah7 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:03 pm

With an ache of yearning, moon-mother reached out with her light
So that her children may never feel alone, nor abandoned.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome to the lands of Venfere, a home of magical beasts and humans alike. Times are wild and chaotic, but mother nature has made it difficult to live here. Still, as mankind persists with resourcefulness, they, too, fight for the land with great might. So far, they have won, but only time knows if the tides may turn. At this time, there are two regions: A kingdom and its outcasts.

The age is of steam, black powder guns, and fantasy. Mystical beasts surround the land of all sizes and breeds, warriors that claim to take them, and the cities of mankind where humans struggle to live with reality against the stories of fame and magic. There is no currency--only trade, honour, name, title, and your word. One's honour and title are everything, carried from one child to another like a badge of identity stronger than any other.

As wild as the lands may be, so are the appearances of mankind. Humans vary in size, shape, and skin tones, as well as hair colors and eye colors of all kinds. There isn't really a color of any kind that wouldn't be considered uncommon. Their clothing, too, all varies in colors and designs. The most common hair colors of all would be red, blonde/yellow, and brown. For ever four red haired peoples, there are five blondes and three brunettes. Yet, still, there is but one person of any other color for each of these.

These people are ruled by a single person: The SolQueen of Venfere, now currently passed onto a faceless woman named Aelius who has only been seen in public wearing a full helmet or a mask. She was a warrior, once, fighting to protect the kingdom's shores from Vikings that would come from the oceans to take the homes of her people. This success and determinate protection earned her the place as heir to the throne ten years ago and during her reign, no destruction has come to the People of Sol, not by war nor hurricane.

The most feared age of humankind is that of twenty. Any young adult that is ready to come of this age is generally filled with dread: For upon the fortnight of this change, any child has the small chance of becoming a People of Noe. The age is known as the the Age of Fading and for every hundred children that do not Fade, there is one child that Fades.

For the Fading, it is customary for every child to make their way to the Lunar Temples nearby so that they may discover where their path may lead them. Those that do not Fade simply return homes to their lives and live upon the land as they always have with their lives, honour, and titles intact. For a Faded child, however, a life is changed forever and a new beginning is introduced to their souls as the are rejected from the society from which they were born.

As the Age of Fading comes upon a human, their hair shifts into a platinum white that is so bright, it almost glows. Under the moonlight, they shine just slightly, and even with attempts to dye one's hair cannot change this. Although all else remains the same, many who are the People of Noe "feel" differently. Things change for them in such small ways that, although they know and sense that it is there, they are uncertain of how to describe it. Still yet, the people of Sol have been unable to gain a full understanding of them or their oddities.

Turned eccentric from the Fade, the people of Noe are cast out of the cities and towns of home and sent to the shores of their island, outcasts from their previous lives and sent to live in the small fishing villages near the Sea. They are free to visit the Kingdom of Sol whenever they wish; and when among the superior people of Sol, they are respected. However, they are treated differently. Very differently. They are pitied. They are a subject of sadness and looked upon with such misunderstanding that a Noe would be very comfortable to stay there for too long.

Last edited by Aedus on Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Children of the Moon Discussion

Post by JerriLeah7 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Venfere (Ven - fear) Map

Region Information

RWBY REGION
- - - - - - -
Half of the Divide
Ruby Forest
Pyrra (Pier - uh)
Nova 10

FISHERMAN REGION
- - - - - - -
Nova 1 - 5
Noest Trees (No - est)

POSEIDON REGION
- - - - - - -
Nova 6 - 9
Una
Ula
Dragaultia (Drag - awl - she - uh)

SOLAR REGION
- - - - - - -
Half of the Divide
Caessia (Cass - ee - uh)
Tyriel (Tear - ee - uhl)
Sighya (Sigh - yuh)
Solest Trees (So - lest)

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:37 am

The Fade

The Lunar temple is always of a grand design. The shapes of a temple vary from temple to temple, as do the architecture and materials. However, there are always two constants that all temples share. Firstly, they always have two Priests--the priest of Sol and the Priest of Noe. These two men always help to keep all visitors in the temple as orderly as they can, offering guidance to those that would ask. Secondly, they always have the Fading room, where all young adults meet for their twentieth birthday to learn whether or not they will Fade.

The Fading room always consists of a beautiful design cut into the ceiling, holes in the roof only covered by glass so that they sky is always seen clearly. There are pillows placed out in the circular rooms so that all can sit comfortable, scattered about wherever they wish. The room is almost always comforting and warm in design and usually has a fire pit in the center.

A person generally reports to the Fading room on their birthday just a few minutes before the time that they were born. It is important to get there on the time you were born, as that is the time of the Fading. So, some will look up into the decorative ceiling to see the day sky and others will look up to see the night sky. Some children are there in the temple alone with just the priests, where others have a few or even many others to share the experience with. It varies from person to person.

The first thing to change is the hair color. That is the only change for the first day. After that, a Child of the Noe starts to become colder, overall. At first, it's alarmingly cold but over the period of the first week, they get used to it. A child of the Noe considers this time as being "left/abandoned by the Sun." This week is the hardest for the shift, due to both how much colder one feels and also how different society then treats them.

Their family disowns them, pushes them away (sometimes, this is coldly or cruelly, other times it is gently and kindly...it varies on the family, of course) and they are sent away to a new world while they feel colder and more abandoned to the way of life that they knew. However, once you have faded, people look at you differently. Talk to you differently. Treat you differently. It is obvious and clear, so even the kindest of interactions with a Person of the Sol can be insulting, at first.

Affinities & Gifts

As a Child of Noe, you will, over time, obtain affinities and gifts as part of your calling to the moon. It is a slow progression for most, but some even obtain these things on the day of Fading. It varies drastically from child to child, and some develop them randomly and others must have it shown to them...

What is known for sure, at least among the Noe, is that these experiences are gifts from the Moon Mother. The Noe Priests assure the people of the Noe that this is her promise to watch over them. As well as her apology to them for taking them away from their previous way of life.

Culture

Unlike the people of Sol, the people of the Noe have a very different style of life. They are more spiritual in nature, usually embarking on forms of energy balancing, such as Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation, and other such practices. They are slower to anger, far more calm in most situations, and tend to live in more harmony with less global conflicts. They take part in rituals (almost always at night) of various religious or familial kinds, which is looked upon as odd and eccentric by those of the Sun.

It is far less likely for a Child of the Noe to have a child. It is much more difficult to bear children or to have fertility, but when a person of the Noe does have a child, the child will always be a Person of Sol. Due to this, some People of the Sol do live among the Noe lands, and even are far more understanding (and sometimes jealous) of the Noe.

Since the people of the Sol are far more strong and sturdy, with darker skin and are never sick or diseased, they truly do not see the advantage of what few gifts or affinities that they have heard about. Most of the Noe do not reveal their abilities to the Sun brethren, so the people do not fully grasp what the Noe have gained.

Moon Runes

Although the People of Noe speak the same language as that of the Sol, they do learn a second, written language--the Moon Runes. These Runes are used in everything for the Noe: Ritual, Decoration, Prayers, Fashion...this new way of writing is taught to the Sol that wish to know it, should they want to learn. However, one can always tell if a rune is drawn by a Noe or by a Sol.

Moon Runes glow a silvery blue-white, when written by a Child of the Moon. It glows in the dark and is rumored to possess certain curses or promises/vows. No one knows if those rumors are true, in the general Sol populace. When a Moon Rune is written by a person of the Sol, the lettering is there, but there is no glow or power of any kind. Just regular writing.

The Runes are the reason why many of the Forests that lie within the Noe lands are so popular for tourists and children alike--many trees are marked with the runes that vow to give respect to the Earth, one of many rituals performed by each person of the Noe at least once in their life.
Moon Runes:

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Special Notes:

There are a LOT more Sol towns--they just go up north of the map. :3 So they aren't as visual, but if you ever wish to see more of the map or of the Sol area, just let me know and I can expand the map a little. ^^

The RP will begin when all characters are complete! ^^ My character is done, so whenever you guys are finished, you can just comment in this topic and I'll know when to get stuff started!

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:46 pm

My character is finished =)

New siggy will be coming soon

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

xenolion
VIP

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari on Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:55 pm

Character readeh~

Set made by Leah7 Thank you !! ^-^
My claims;
Spoiler:
I claimed Conlaodh from Force User Roleplay,  Bartholomew Fatima from Xenogears, Link from LoZ, Erza from Fairy tail and Kallo from The guild RP. I co-claimed Leah7 & LadyTwi.
HikariKuragari
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:42 am

Almost forgot! Shocked
I know I already told Leah, but for anyone else, character is complete!! Very Happy

RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:13 pm

*Knock, Knock* Is this thing on???

New siggy will be coming soon

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

xenolion
VIP

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:22 pm

@xenolion

LOL Yeah, I'm just gonna post soon, no worries! The other two are away into FF15 land, so we'll probably have to continue on without. ^^

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:00 pm

I'm still here as I mentioned into the group chat before, though where I stopped my post last time was covering stuff of the night sorta too soooo I was waiting on you guys to get further before I would post some more. I don't want to be too far ahead to be able to interact with you guys if you came close.

Set made by Leah7 Thank you !! ^-^
My claims;
Spoiler:
I claimed Conlaodh from Force User Roleplay,  Bartholomew Fatima from Xenogears, Link from LoZ, Erza from Fairy tail and Kallo from The guild RP. I co-claimed Leah7 & LadyTwi.
HikariKuragari
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:42 pm

I'm back now, sorry, I didn't mean such neglect, actually working on my next post now.
I would love to tell you I have a good excuse, but I really don't think I do, I've just been up to a lot else lately and hadn't thought about the forum stuff quite as much lately, but I don't plan on quitting anytime soon! Leah just reminded me the other day and I'm on iiiit!!! Grin

But seriously guys, I'm really sorreh about that... Sweatdrop

RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:19 am

The Lore of Night & Day

In a world of Gods, most would die when they paired.  The constant closeness to a mate would cause the Gods to lose their power, and with it, their immortality.  Due to this, the last of the Gods were only two:  Lunaria and her mate, Firretheus.  The two lovers used their powers to take the ashes of the lost Gods and with create the earthen lands of Venfere.  From the ashes of those that had passed, life grew and time for mortals truly began.  

For the first of many ages, Lunaria and Firretheus lived among the mortals, doing what they could to guide them.  Splitting up to teach those that they could, loving them and caring for them.  This became their way of life for centuries, each covering one side of the planet Venfere while the other slept, taking turns to keep the world of life going.  They did meet, of course, once a year, where they would stay in each others arms for a short time before parting ways.  After all, lovers were never good at staying apart for forever.  

Unfortunately, mankind can also be hideous, and to Lunaria and Firretheus, it was.  The people knew of their annual meetings and assassination attempts began each year.  Of course, the two fought these off many times, protecting each other in battle as any would...but the close calls grew and grew until the day where the beautiful Lunaria, in all her light, died.  Firretheus knew of only only one way to save her as she exhaled her last breath--to fly far away very quickly so that she would regain her God-like powers and heal herself.  

And so, into the sky, Firretheus flew, taking a new form.  Shifting into the sun, Firretheus promised his love his warmth, always, as he watched over Venfere from afar so that she would always be safe.  When she awoke to the truth, Lunaria cried with the rage of a colossus and the waves of the ocean thrashed against shores with her raw emotion as she cried out to her love with the hopes that he could hear her.  He did not reply.

With the pains of abandonment and loss, yet also of understanding, Lunaria, too, left the world of Venfere where the ashes of her old friends and ancestors rested.  Following her lover into the sky, she made sure not to get too close so that they could both live and be strong without being harmed by mankind.  Lunaria took the form of the moon, careful to give the light of the Sun to those that rested so that none would ever grow cold.   Though she was angry at humans for what they had cost her, she still loved them in her night silence.

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top