Guild Ties Role-Play

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guild Ties Role-Play

Post by JerriLeah7 on 10th May 2017, 7:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Guild Ties Starter

A brief summary of current events, as well as the starting conditions for each character will be posted below when the role-play is ready to begin.  Please remember, when role-playing in Guild Ties, to use time, location, and attention stamps.  Although these stamps are not required, they will make the job for the RPM 100% easier to navigate through and to understand.  Thank you.

Post Colors

Character Color Codes
cc3300Yuzu, the Gunpowder Witch@Ink
0066ffRyūko, the Swordeater@Ink
cc99ccSilk, the Child of Arachne@Ink
cc9999Kaimele Manistique@xenolion
cc6600Jacobi Rovengo@xenolion
6633ffDaisan Zeruko@xenolion
ff9900Claire Alexandra Lokhorst@Luna
ff3366Rocket Cerabella Linelliese@RadioTanuki
cc0033Juliette Napolitano@JulietHasAGun
cc9900Hamlet Napolitano@JulietHasAGun
ff3333Nymeria Sonata@Goetia
9933ffEdel Sonata@Goetia
00CC66Ryla Tarslen@HikariKuragari
9999ffRyushi Hirose@HikariKuragari
4A966FXiax@MethosArchaic
3788ecNadleeh Thessalonica@JerriLeah7
00ccffSonja@Phirron
7272ffCorona@Phirron
787776Zero@LightningFang
ff0a02Elizabeth Scarlet@LightningFang

Line Breaks

General I

General II

General III

Star Sound

Sheherazade

Quinsenterra

Villain

Last edited by JerriLeah7 on 4th July 2017, 1:34 pm; edited 15 times in total

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Click here to get started on GtR!

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Guild Ties Role-Play

Post by Luna on 2nd August 2017, 6:39 pm

ATTN: Closed Group B IE

Claire hadn't slept to well through the night. The aches that came over her body as she slept kept her from sleeping well. She woke up upon hearing Ham's voice. She sit's up in her tent with her blanket around her. She stretches and felt her clothes that were to the side. They were still a little damp. She stuck her head out of the entry of her tent.

"Can I get someone to hand me my clothes so I can change, please?" she asked.

Luna's Claims:
Video Game Claims: Squall Leonheart From Final Fantasy 8, Rinoa Heartilly From Final Fantasy 8, Luna From Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Member Claims: Physis Xenolion OC Claims:  Akagi From Force Users Role Play, Claudia Lucroix from Dragaultia, Kalista Miranda From Pandora's Love Anime Claims:Lina Inverse from The Slayers, Inuyasha from Inuyasha, Excel from Excel Saga
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 3rd August 2017, 8:15 pm

[ATTN: Infinity Edge Group B Campground; ~8:30 AM]
[Little bit of Collabing with Luna]

Xiax suddenly jolted awake instantly filled with fear as his brain tried to place the cause. His pack fell from his lap as the man sprung to his feet and drew out his knife. Panting breathes left his mouth as his eyes darted to find the source of the unfamiliar sound. It didn't take long for him to find Ham, but it did take his brain longer to actually process the wake up call. A shaking hand rose to his head as he straightened and sighed. "I-I...I'm up." Xiax's voice shook as he calmed his nerves.

"Can I get someone to hand me my clothes so I can change, please?"

"Sure." Xiax said grateful for anything that would help focus his mind away from his panic. Finding the clothesline he grabbed the clothes from it. Recognizing the clothes as the ones she wore yesterday he also noted that there was only her's on the line except for his towel. Turning back towards Claire he saw that she had pinched the door closed so that he could only really see her head peeking out of it.

He bunched the clothes together into a ball. "Here, catch." he said and tossed it to her so he wouldn't accidentally run the risk of touching her. He had thought she might catch it, but instead they bounced off the closed tent flap and fell to the ground.

Claire opened the tent curtain just enough to put her hand out. "Thank you Xiax. I really appreciate that." She said. She then took her clothes from the ground, thankful that he hadn't touched her. She closes the door and proceeds to get dressed.

"Sure, no problem?" he replied when she thanked him followed by a mental Ohhh as it dawned on him that she hadn't caught it for a reason. "Sorry." he said clearing his throat a bit as he turned away.

Huh, seems the rain has stopped. just now actually noticing that it was sunny and dry. It was one of those moment where you knew it hadn't been raining but you only just now actively noticed it. The fire was mostly extinguished at this point so Xiax was able to start the process of breaking down his part of the camp. After climbing up and down a couple of trees he was able to cut lose his poncho and wrap the cordage back up onto it's spool. Stowing the spool away, Xiax folded up his poncho, draping it over his pack before picking it up and strapping it onto his back. There was only one thing left to get and Ham had it, yippee.

Member Claims: Gateway Bot, MethosArchaic, Pachirisu71
OC Claims: Kydoimos from The Umbrella Colony
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by JulietHasAGun on 8th August 2017, 7:52 pm

(Infinity Edge Campsite; 8:30 AM)

Ham raised his eyebrows at Xiax's immediate, panicked jolt, blinking in surprise without actually moving. If he man had actually moved to stab him? Of course he would have reacted, but the panicked response made him feel more guilty than anything else. He looked over at the glowing bottle, expression flattening slightly.

'You're more trouble than you're world, you know that?' He communed silently to the glass bottle before lowering it to his side.

"Apologies, Xiax. I didn't intend to startle you." Ham made sure to not say it as loud; the group didn't need to hear it broadcasted, as Xiax seemed to be rather sheepish about his 'outburst'.

'Jokes aside, this might explain why him and July get along so swimmingly. Somewhat similar demons, I assume.' Speaking of his sister, Ham turned as Claire got dressed and Xiax took down his little makeshift camp; seeing his sister curled up and facing away from him. He took one step towards her before he heard her voice.

"Try to shake me awake, I dare you." She grumbled, causing Ham to smile.

"Come on, dear sister. We have four more days of this; don't tell me you're giving up on the first night?"

"I'm not giving uuuup. But my back friggin' hurts. And I slept like shiiiiit." Her grumbling was so low, Ham doubted anyone else could hear her complain.

A wicked smile came to Ham's face as he plotted his next course of action. "Well, sister; if you're not keen on moving I could always-" He raised the bottle over her head, moving as though he was going to open it. "Give you a nice whiskey shower- how different can it be from a ke-"

July immediately flung herself around on her back, her two hands holding the bottle and Ham's grip away from her. "No." She quickly responded, in a tone so grave, Ham couldn't help but laugh. She clicked her tongue with a slight groan. "Fine, I'm getting up. Just don't dump anything on me. Eugh." She slowly started to scrape herself off the floor, reluctantly pulling herself out from under the blanket.

Ham gave a satisfied little smile, setting down the glowing whiskey bottle down by July's things. She wanted to bring it, she could pack it.

He turned back to the group, fists on his hips as he stretched his back; listening to the pops of his sisters joints as she did the same, in turn, behind him.

"As some of you might know, I stowed-"

"Snuck."

"-Some food into your packs yesterday, before we left. I thought maybe, since the rain is gone, and whatever curse was beset upon us has probably abated, we could enjoy breakfast before heading out? Hard to work on an empty stomach."

Set made by the lovely and talented JerriLeah7
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
JulietHasAGun

Lady Of Time And Space

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 10th August 2017, 11:06 am

[Attn: Ryla, Open]
Sheherezade Guild Hall2:30 PM
Lark watched the place from under a tree nearby, a hat in front of him as he played an old sea shanty. He'd been back only a few days, but he wasn't ready for her to know that. As such, it meant he'd become her stalker. Whatever. He could live with it.

He'd spent that war sticking by Ryla's side, doing his best to watch after her. But if that war had taught him anything, he was woefully lacking with his magic in terms of attack. Luckily, he'd been a quick study -- at least enough to defend himself. It would be a long time before he was taking on advanced fighters. If he even lived long enough to get that good.

After the war, though, he'd vanished. He'd played a tracking spell -- his version of one, anyway -- by attaching a note to a song he'd made up to her. He hadn't known he could do that, he'd improvised it. It wasn't perfect, but when the time came, it had allowed him to find her.

He'd spent the time since researching musical magic. In the library of the royal city had he found what he was looking for. An old dusty book detailing musical magicks. He'd read it over and over till he could see most of it in his head. Then it was time to put it to practice.

He had a working knowledge of his new skills, but true proficiency would come in time. He only hoped it would be enough and he could improve in time to get her to the door. For now, he'd be Ryla's shadow -- which was made difficult cause she was already being looked after -- until she could fulfill the purpose that would finally grant him peace.

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 10th August 2017, 7:24 pm

ATTN: Group B IE Campsite eight thirty

Claire changed into her dry clothing. She was grateful that Xiax had thought of the idea to make the clothes line. She finishes up and then puts on her armor. Strapping on armor here, make sure it's on there. Yes, she was thankful it hadn't ruined from all the rain they had dealt with yesterday. She comes out of her tent and notices that it's not raining. "Thank heaven's it's no longer raining. I hope it stops for a while." She said as she began to take down her tent.

It doesn't take her long before she has her tent down and packed away with her things. She then has her bag and walks over to where the other's are standing. "Thank you Xiax for making the clothes line. It feels better having dried clothes today." She said to him.

She then gets into her bag and gets an apple out. "Thank you for the rations Ham. I packed a few items but I wasn't sure how long we would be out here. Is the curse over or is it me? I mean I'm still sore but it might be because I slept bad because the initial soreness." She asked looking at the others.

Luna's Claims:
Video Game Claims: Squall Leonheart From Final Fantasy 8, Rinoa Heartilly From Final Fantasy 8, Luna From Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Member Claims: Physis Xenolion OC Claims:  Akagi From Force Users Role Play, Claudia Lucroix from Dragaultia, Kalista Miranda From Pandora's Love Anime Claims:Lina Inverse from The Slayers, Inuyasha from Inuyasha, Excel from Excel Saga
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 10th August 2017, 10:37 pm

[ATTN: Infinity Edge Group B Campground; ~8:40 AM]

Ham seemed to be about done messing with July who just wanted to sleep when Xiax notices the approaching sound of armor coming his way before Claire steps into view beside him.

Claire thanked him for the clothesline.

"You're welcome." Xiax said sort of awkwardly while scratching his cheek. It was a pleasant change from yesterday. When Ham talked about breakfast and sneaking something into everyone's packs Xiax didn't really think much of it, after all he'd arrived late. This changed however  when Claire and the others started pulling out identical bags. One's that sparked the memory of an identical bag he had glimpsed in his pack but hadn't paid any mind to at the time.

Xiax shrugged off his pack, and rummaged through it. Then suddenly there it was, and he had no choice but to accept it as it stared him in the face. When did he get the chance to slip it in? It couldn't have happened yesterday, Xiax didn't remember a time he'd set it down.

I've had it with me this whole time. When could he have gotten the chance? I can't remember it leaving my sight. There couldn't have been an opportunity for Ham to do so. Xiax was sure he would have noticed Ham this morning if he'd come near the campfire. That could only mean that somehow Ham had magicked it. The pain and anger of Ham betraying him like that felt like a hot knife pushed into his heart.

He reflexively started to crush the bag and then stopped. Wasting food just wasn't in him, the food hadn't done him any wrong. Maybe Ham had magicked it into his bag some how, but so what? Xiax hadn't had the chance to pack any food so this was really a blessing despite how it might have ended up in his pack.

While he ate the most perishable bits for breakfast he felt torn between his emotions. Grateful for the food though he was Xiax just couldn't keep from trying to figure it out. Perhaps he just snuck it in sometime last night. Xiax said while trying to give Ham the benefit of the doubt. But if that's true then he must have been awake when I made my rounds. That was the only time Xiax hadn't been around his pack, and he doubted that Ham could have opened it while he'd been using it as a pillow. And if Ham was up sneaking around on my watch that means that he doesn't trust me.

That thought made a lot of sense, and even Xiax had to admit that Ham would have been right. After all if Ham had been up and managed to sneak it into his pack then Xiax had failed to keep a good enough lookout. If that was the case then someone else could have just as easily snuck into camp last night too. While he was still upset with Ham invading his things, he just couldn't blame his lack of attentiveness on something like the curse either because he'd been paying good attention last night... or that was what he wanted to tell himself. In the end he didn't have much of a choice and just bundled up all his feelings and just put them aside.

Xiax hadn't finished everything but he bundled up what remained and put it back away in his things. He didn't even remember what any of it had tasted like but he knew it had been good hadn't it? At least he wasn't hungry anymore, he'd pay more attention next time because good food deserved that. Getting back to his feet, he dusted off his pants before putting his pack back on and heading over to where July was.

He found her playing with her sword, somehow miraculously not cutting off her hand. It probably had to be from all the practice, though it still seemed crazy to flip something that might just snap open and snicker-snack your arm right off. It was sort of mesmerizing in its own way, but he'd come to check on her.

"Wait, is that thing still glowing?" Xiax said utterly flabbergasted and struck motionless by the audacity of the still glowing booze lantern.

MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by JulietHasAGun on 13th August 2017, 1:52 pm

ATTN: Infinity Edge Campsite, 8:40 AM

Ham, in the process of breaking out his own rations, looks back up when he hears Claire speaking to him, now fully dressed.

"Well," He furrows his brow, the rain had stopped, and he was feeling decidedly less sore than yesterday. "I'm assuming. The rain stopped, I was able to water the horses- and I sincerely doubt the man from yesterday would be able to sustain a curse longer than twenty four hours. I feel we might just be dealing with the tail end of it now. Which, thankfully, means we won't have to make a detour to White Cross...probably. I'd still keep an eye out for any other symptoms or strange errs from normal."

He pulled out the rations he'd packed for himself; identical to those the rest of the group had- he'd packed more for Ilyana's group before they'd left, and briefly wondered how they were faring. He doubted Sylmeria would feel entirely comfortable going out on a mission after the incident, but it was still good for her to get out and be part of a group. Then there was the newcomer- Ryuko, he'd seen her in the hall after leaving Ilyana's office, though he hadn't actually gotten a chance to speak with her. Whispers of her ability still permeated the hall though; and he'd been given no reason to distrust her. She seemed nice enough, polite, and from he heard, a foreigner like him. Then, his mind fell, and quickly removed itself from Nymeria. He'd rather not think of her at all. There was something...off about her.

He shook it from his mind; Ilyana was leading the group and she was a vastly more capable leader than him- not to undercut his own abilities, but he was sure had she been in charge, Xiax wouldn't be crushing perfectly good food in his hands while he pretended not to notice and July would not be glaring at a glowing bottle of expensive, ruined whiskey. He ate his food in silence, observing as everyone took down their forest lodgings and readied their equipment. He knew he still needed to talk to Xiax- but he got the feeling that it might not be the best time just yet. At least him and July seemed to be getting along, and his eyes discreetly trailed him as the man made his way over to his sister. He took a swig of his drink, fond of the fruity, slightly bitter taste- tea, although unfortunately lukewarm after wallowing in a bottle the entirety of yesterday. He decided to not eavesdrop on his sister's conversation, and was content to make small talk with Claire.

July knew Ham was going to pull the same shit he always pulled. He might have been just as old as her- but he was such a dad sometimes. Always trying to make sure everyone was taking care of, making sure they had food, making sure they knew the plan, making sure they got enough sleep, played it safe, knew when to fall back to him-

If Ilyana was the strong mother of the guild, Ham was the doting dad. The whiplash difference between their styles of leadership made July almost prefer Ilyana. Almost. Ham was still her brother, after all, and they worked well together, even though Ham like sticking to plans and she preferred going with the flow.

She tried to sit as she ate; but she knew if she sat for too long she'd lose the motivation to get up. So; after shoving some food in her mouth she started to re-arm herself- making sure none of her equipment had been damaged by the rain. Luckily, they were all sturdily built, master craftsmanship- and her coat had managed to keep them mostly dry. First, her pistol, luckily one of the dryer pieces of her equipment, which she quickly tucked back into her belt. Then, her crossbow, folding its wings in and out with silent, barely audible 'clicks'; she let out a sigh of relief, it was what she was most worried about. She knew her weapons were made of sturdy stuff, but she liked to know her shit wasn't going to break when she needed it. She folded it back up, and tucked it back into its holster alongside her crossbow bolts and bullets.

Then came her sword; she knew this wasn't about to break because of some water. But still, she toyed with it in her hand, turning it over between her fingers, looping it across the top of her hand- closing it and opening it, the light 'shing' sounding almost musical to her.

She saw Xiax come up to her over her 'work'; mindless muscle memory though it was. He seemed slightly mesmerized by the initial sight of her twirling blade but quickly became vexed by something else.

The whiskey bottle. She halted her twirling, tucking her now collapsed blade back into its place on her belt. She scowled at him, raising an eyebrow as she plucked the bottle off the ground.

"Yeah, it is. Alongside still being black and gross and absolutely ruined. If you didn't want the damned whiskey I would have preferred you just say so rather than ruin it with...whatever the fuck was done with it. Wouldn't have had to waste a perfectly good bottle of very nice whiskey." She'd be lying if she said she wasn't somewhat hurt by her gift being used as a makeshift, ruined lantern; but like hell she was going to let him know that. "Now I doubt it'd do much outside of poison you."

JulietHasAGun

Lady Of Time And Space

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 13th August 2017, 6:06 pm

[ATTN: Infinity Edge Group B Campground; ~8:40 AM]
[collabing with Juliet]

July reacted rather harshly and her tone made Xiax take a step back. "B-but -" Xiax wasn't able to get a defense in as it became obvious that this was his fault, which it was, but not in the way that July was thinking about it.

"N-no, wait! My power - it doesn't, it wasn't! " Xiax waved his hands defensively in front of him as he took another step back afraid she might smash the thing over his head. " - Infuse doesn't do that! I swear!"

July gave him the once over- he didn't seem to be lying, and July, generally, considered herself rather skilled at telling when someone was bullshitting her. He seemed to react as though he thought she'd break it over his head. Well, she had entertained that idea when she first saw the fate of her poor, gifted whiskey- but now it almost made her feel guilty.

Her expression was still the same as it was, as her gaze shifted between the man, and the bottle in her hand. She lowered it down to her side, at least trying to physically communicate she had no intention of braining him with it. "Let's say I believe that, or that it's actually the case- you seemingly decided to turn my gift into a night light?" She sloshed the bottle around in her still lowered arm, letting the now glowing substance speak for itself. She supposed the brackish part wasn't his fault, with the fate of the water their horses had been drinking earlier. But the glowing bit didn't make it sting any less.

Good she seems to have calmed down a little. Pointing towards the bottle cautiously, "It just turned that way when I pulled it out of my pack. Must have been the curse or something, but I'm surprised it's still glowing." Xiax looked at it questioningly as if it was a strange anomaly. "Infuse can make things glow if they are pretty see through, but its always temporary and I've never had any problem drinking anything I've... magicked?" He hadn't ever really had to explain that out loud before.  "I just figured that Claire and maybe Zero would appreciate a little light, you know to get their stuff ready." It was really weird to say out loud that he'd magicked something. He'd explained Infuse before, but it was always in some other way he guessed.

July was still upset, no doubt about that, but now she was mainly frusterated. No way she could fix it, no one she could blame it on- well, fairly, and who was within arms reach. She looked down at the bottle for a moment, scowl still on her face. "We had a campfire, you know. Usually we don't need much light outside of that." She gestured with her free arm to the smoldering embers of their fire pit.  "Not to mention using a power that makes you wig out, especially when you can't really control it yet, puts you at a bit more risk than its worth. Claire's a big girl, she can work in the dark, as, I'm sure, is Zero- if she's an A rank." Now she was sounding like fucking Ham. She was pissed and what? Lecturing him? Did a sentence count as a paraphrased lecture? Whatever. She reached out to give him the bottle, careful not to couch him, offering him a way to grab it that didn't put him at risk, the glass bottom bumping into his chest. "Whatever, I'm not Ham, I don't lecture, not in any position to."

Xiax took the bottle back. "You're probably right." He'd just figured that with how dark it was last night away from the fire that they'd appreciate being able to use it to see around in their tents or when they went out on rounds in the rain. "You know... I don't always wig out. That's more a people-E  thing, bottles and stuff aren't that bad." The only way he'd been able to train his powers initially was to use it on junk till he'd learned just enough. "It's kinda how I learned to sort of control it in the first place. Even Ilyana has had me practicing by infusing multiple objects at once. Sometimes they make me do it while sparring, it's supposed to strengthen the weapon and help me practice focusing on multiple things."

"It's just worse on me when I magick people. It's still weird to say that." Xiax said while looking contemplative. "But, now that I think about it.. Yeah, they did. I didn't notice it before but earlier, back in the hall, your eyes where glowing." All the times he'd practiced Infusing other people he couldn't recall their eyes glowing, but he was pretty sure July's had been. "I'm like 90% sure, no more like 100%. They were definitely glowing."

July was about to step away; but when he started talking about his Infuse, she stopped, crossing her arms. "Frankly I didn't even think you'd be able to do the magic superpower thing to objects. Way I heard it, it was just people. Then again playing telephone within Infinity Edge is kinda like trying to understand what someones saying with a mouth full of grapes." She shrugged, quirking an eyebrow at his mention of the incident in the hallway. "So I was a human glowstick? Not surprising. Magic generally makes people glow, Ilyana, Ham, Kennot, on occasion. Though that's weird, I didn't see anything from you; maybe because you're more of the generator, rather than the light bulb." She squinted at him, remembering the eerie glow of his eyes from last night. "Then again, your eyes do normally glow a bit; noticed that yesterday. More of a eerie glow though, thought it was just something with your eyes but it would make sense that it's magic."

She looked back down at the bottle critically before looking back up to him. "So are you supposed to be doing that, then? Training and the like? Cuz if so I could find better things for you to infuse than a bottle of expensive liquor." She briefly considered using it to pull a prank on Ham; might cheer Xiax up a bit- or not, hadn't really talked to each other since yesterday.

That did make a lot of sense. "So maybe it's like some sort of tell. I just never noticed." Maybe he could ask Kennet about it when they got back. His gaze shifted down to the bottle while July was talking about it. Was it dimmer than before? He couldn't really tell, it hadn't really been glowing very brightly yesterday due to how brackish the whiskey was. "Yeah, I'm supposed to training whenever I get the chance." Xiax admitted, "Without Cass around I'm not sure if I want to try it on you guys, but just about anything else should work just fine." This new bit of information just opened up more questions about Infuse.

"I mean, you can't really tell in the light. Could easily mistake it for something wrong with your eyes, it's not overly noticeable." She sure as shit didn't want a repeat of the hallway incident, but she assumed Xiax would be fine doing simple objects. "You'd have to talk to Ham about anything serious, like trying it on anyone else. But I'm sure you could keep doing your item...infuse...thing, as you seem to have no trouble with it. Well, limited trouble. Mission shouldn't take us too long. Then again we're supposed to go all the way to Sheherazade, which is....a ride; and that's assuming nothing goes wrong along the way." She looked at him flatly, raising a single eyebrow as if in question. "And I still don't even know what we're getting." She didn't mean to make it sound like she was putting him on the spot- but July liked knowing things. She kept them to herself, but not knowing something gave her an itch she couldn't scratch and it made her more than a little miffed.

"I know, I'm not exactly what anyone was expecting. I don't know how much I can help." Xiax said disheartened, while he kept shifting the whiskey back and forth between his hands to keep them busy. "Maybe it was a fluke, but you're the only person that I've been able to stop Infusing. I want to believe that I'm getting a hang on it, because it seems that its getting stronger." Looking down at the bottle he stopped figgiting with it. Shifting the bottle into his right hand and worked the sleeve up from his wrist with his left.

"If it comes down to it you guys can use me - it." He rotated his wrist so the bottle faced down and guild symbol came into view. With a melancholy smile he continued, "I'd much rather be a sword for you guys then a tool left aside on the ground. I sound kinda lame when I put it like this, right? It always sounds better in your head, know what I mean?"

She surveyed his guild tattoo, along with his melancholy. She knew how it felt to have an ability that you couldn't really control; it was..disheartening. But if she could find a way to train it, live with it, work with it- then so could he.

Part of her wanted to put some sort of comforting hand on his shoulder, but she knew that was a bad idea. "Xiax, I'm sure it wasn't a fluke. Give yourself some credit. You've only been at the edge for what? Two months? You've been making progress- and there's that progress." She shook her head. "Can't speak for everyone, but we're not keen on using you as a tool, cuz you're not one. Until we can be sure that you're not gonna go through another mental trauma conga line then I don't think we're going to be using your infuse unless it's life or death. I'm sure Ham agrees with me." She reaches down into her belt, pulling out a vacuous green bolt. "Though if you do decide you want to try something, however dumb I think it is, could always knock you out with this, things go south. Though jury's still out on if the post tranq headache will be worth it."

"Also, yeah, totally sounded lame, that bit." She cracked a smile. "Don't worry, the Infinity Edge Official Motivational Speech course doesn't kick in until you hit rank B. As you can tell, I'm a drop out."

Xiax chuckled as July ended it with a couple jokes. After taking off his pack he stowed the bottle. "Now that you mention it, I don't know what anyone's rank is, let alone their powers. I know yours a bit from using Infuse, but there's not like a rank badge that I don't know about is there?" When he was done he put his pack back on. "Then again, maybe I can find out later. I think we've kept Ham and them long enough.

"Or I could just, tell you." July shrugged. "Ham's an S, as you probably gathered, hence why he's in charge. As for his powers, he's pretty open about em- but you should ask him yourself. So he could give you the whole diatribe." She rolled her eyes as she spoke, as if she was envisioning his time travel lecture in her brain." Zero's an A, don't know much about her outside of some magic involving her weapons. I think someone said something about different personalities, but that could just be edgies talking out of their ass. Claire-Bear," She lowered her voice for a moment. "Don't ever tell her I called her that. But she can apparently turn into a bear, an armored bear. Dunno the exact semantics of it. Ham's worked with her before though. She's a B, though, know that much. As for me, I'm a B rank, you already saw my little void shot ability. Got another one- Mesmerize. But of a bitch to explain, if you want to know about it I could tell you later." She picked up the remainder of her stuff, pulling her coat over her shoulders after yanking it off the branch it was drying on.

"I won't, I promise." Xiax promised July about telling Claire. As July was gathering her stuff, Xiax ticked them off. Ham: S-rank but ask about his powers. Zero: A Rank: Weapons. Claire: B rank: turns into a metal bear. July: B Rank: and I already know her powers. Ohh and then there's Xiax: F rank: Magic Battery. Juliette finished picking up her things and looked about ready to go. "Thanks for telling me." Xiax said as they went to rejoin the group. "I'm sorry about the booze. Claire and Ham think the curse might be about over so maybe it'll turn back."

MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 14th August 2017, 5:21 pm

ATTN: IE Group B 8:40 Campsite

Claire nodded her head to Ham. "That's good. The thought that a man like that could make a curse that lasted longer then 24 hours sounds rather disheartening. I would think it would take someone who's had year's of practice to do something of that nature."

"Well, considering his age and how long he'd probably been there, I wouldn't doubt that he'd had more than a years training. But if his magic was powerful enough to plant a long term long distance curse on us I believe someone would have taken out a quest on him sooner, given his..." Ham searched for a polite way to word it. "...temperment."

"Surprisingly he didn't seem to be in a guild of any sort. Though of course given his temperament as you say, I wouldn't put it past him to be a bandit of some sort either. I have no time for people like that.

Ham shrugged. "It didn't surprise me much. There are plenty who use their magic abilities for more mundane tasks and personal ends rather than join a guild. Though I believe few would be so brash to lay a curse on those belonging to a Guild. He didn't strike me as a bandit, either. At worst, a simple conman with a rather fiery temper. If he doesn't show himself to us again, once we get back to the guild hall, I'll post a notice. I'd rather no one else land in our predicament." He scratched the back of his neck. "I'm just glad none of us were in any grave danger, it was a pain, yes- but we're all unharmed."

"That's true. It would have been different had one of us been hurt. I guess I should be thankful. I just don't take kindly to those who threaten those who mean them no harm. All we wanted was some water.
The well wasn't even his probably.

"Who knows, it might have been his only fair way of making a living. Though, I'm still upset the situation got so out of hand." He let out a slight sigh. "We have a mission to do, so unfortunately we can't waste time on a detour to bring him down. If he is prone to such outbursts I'm sure we're not the only ones with a bone to pick. But for now, we stay focused. When we get back, I'll post the notice, and hopefully we'll have been his last showing for this kind of display."

"That's fair enough. We need to do our mission as we have been told. I'm sorry things haven't gone as you have planned. Just know that sometimes it happens that way. You learn from your mistakes and you move on. I hope that Xiax..." Clair said in a whispered tone. "has learned his as well. Sometimes you have to think before you speak. All he had to do was wait. I'm not mad at him, but I do wish he had thought before he had done what he did."

Ham sighs inwardly at the mention of Xiax. His voice, already rather quiet, hushed even further. "We cannot lay the entire blame for the situation on Xiax. He's new, he has had none of the training we've had, he was not used to such situations. Put any civilian in such a situation, and there's a good chance they'd panic, as he did. I'm not saying this to condone his outburst, as he does need to learn how to deal with such things. However, I feel in the moment I could have attempted to be less harsh. Less...as I would be with you, or July. We can't expect him to just trust us, and know how to deal with situations like that right off the bat. I wish he would have trusted me, trusted us, to get him down, and help him- but in the end I cannot fault him for not trusting us, seeing as how he had just met many of us the morning of or the night before." He rubbed the bridge of his nose. He still had to talk to Xiax about that...incident, didn't he?

"What happened, happened and there isn't anything we can do about it now. What matters is that we all learn from it and move on. You were only trying to get him to understand what he could not see in his anger. Maybe now that he has calmed down you can talk to him and apologize for your outburst at him?" Claire said as she shrugged her shoulders. They made a light clanking noise. "Just remember not to lose your cool and to keep calm. You are a good team leader and I have faith in you."

"Oh, I do not doubt my leadership ability, nor do I doubt my team. I have experienced enough in my life to know that no one is above mistakes, or failure. What I said to Xiax needed to be said. Should I have waited? Yes. Could I have been less harsh? Also, yes. At the end of the day I realize I made a mistake, and am willing to own up to it, and sometimes, Claire, that's all we can do." Ham removed his hand from the bridge of his nose, and looked up to observe the speckled rays of morning sunlight; turning to Claire as he addressed her.

Claire nodded her head. "You're right Ham. After the aspects of yesterday, the morning light looks beautiful doesn't it? Thanks for the talk. It does make me feel better knowing that you do have faith in yourself." Claire said with a smile. She looked at the light that was just beginning to show. "Besides. that rain was pretty depressing. When will we be breaking camp?"

"Well, I figured as soon as everyone has finished eating and gets themselves together. Which seems to be soon," He saw Xiax and July, both seemingly done eating, chatting to each other a little ways off. July seemed...miffed, though her anger was quickly waning. He stood, stretching out his back, tucking the rest of his rations away in his pack. "I was going to go ready the horses, I checked on them during my watch, but one last once over couldn't hurt. And, there's nothing wrong with getting an early start, eh?" He smiled slightly, raising an eyebrow.

Claire smiled and winked at Ham. "An early start sounds like a good way to start the morning." She said. She put the rest of her rations in her bag and put her backpack on her back. She then stretched out to loosen the muscles in her body and clanked as she did so. That was one thing she wasn't all that great at and that was stealth. Armor was always so loud. She then walked over to her horse and began to saddle him up.  

Luna's Claims:
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by JulietHasAGun on 14th August 2017, 7:57 pm

(ATTN: INFINITY EDGE GROUP B, RAE ALTENAS, DUSK)

After days of traveling with little to note, the group finally made it to the outskirts of the fort. Ham, and especially July, remembered this place well. They knew its architecture, its isolation, its high walls. The underbrush, thankfully, covered them, and it was around dusk when they reached its outer reaches.

Ham instructed the group to move quietly; they were too far for anyone from the fort to notice them, yes- but he'd prefer to not take any risks. He didn't know exactly how many people were inside the fort, nor if they'd made any chances to the internal structure. Probably, it had been 'rebuilt', not replicated.

After tethering their horses a safe distance away, before addressing the group, Ham turned to his sister.

"July," He said, in full range of the group. "I need you to scout the place out. Do not engage, don't take risks. I need to know the general floorplan and roughly how many people they have manning this place. I know there will most likely be slaves in there, if you can find them, that's a plus- but if it's too heavily guarded I'd prefer to not have to rush in because one of them sounded the alarm. Understood?"

July had been glaring at the tall edges of the fort, malice seething into her gaze as she surveyed the bleached, lattice edges. It was all that was visible from over the treetops, Karnacan's had always had a thing for laterally inclined architecture. When Ham addressed her, she snapped her head to look at him. So she was gonna play scout, huh? He made sure to hammer home to her that she was 'not to take risks'. Pshh, she could handle her shit. Especially in this shit hole.

She gave a lazy salute. "Aye aye, cap'n."

"July-"

"What?" July furrowed, having just begun to tie up her hair. Couldn't have it getting in the way.

He gestured for her to turn around, and she clicked her tongue; allowing him to braid her hair back into a plait. Why he felt the need how to braid hair she'd never know- and why he felt the need to make it so damnably tight she'd never know either.

"Happy?" She said finally, wrapping her cowl around her head, obscuring all except her eyes.

"Elated." Ham responded, allowing himself a brief smile to his glaring sister. "Now, no risks, no confrontations. This is just you scouting the place out. If I don't hear back from you within an hour we're charging in after you- clear?"

"Crystal." July sighed, shooting a friendly wink at Xiax- the only expression she could manage, before Void Reaching through the underbrush, and out of sight.

Ham turned to the rest of the group. "Now, I'm going to wait to plan anything concrete until July gets back. We'll be sneaking in after dark, so for now, ready your equipment, get in a nap if you need one- I'll need you on your toes for this. These are my people, Karnacan's, at their worst, are liars, conmen, and cutthroats. And the men behind these walls are the very worst. I expect they'll be slaves; one of our main prerogatives will be to set them free. No innocent will be left behind, none. If you get overwhelmed, do not hesitate to fall back to me, or call for backup. I want you wall alive when this is done. I've never lost a teammate under my command, and I'm not keen on losing one now." He surveyed the faces of his teammates, eventually falling to Xiax. "Good. Now,"

He was going to have to have this conversation now, for if he didn't, and Xiax died, he'd be wrestling with the guilt for the rest of his life.

"Break, and we'll speak when July returns."

He didn't want to drag the man to the front of the group, so instead; he walked up to him, privately.

"Xiax, do you have a moment?"

JulietHasAGun

Lady Of Time And Space

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 14th August 2017, 8:13 pm

ATTN: Group B IE; RAE ALTENAS, DUSK

Claire listened to Ham as he had his pep talk with them. She nodded her head and said nothing. She had dealt with bandits before but nothing of this magnitude. She would trust Ham and know that he would lead them to victory. She walked away and pulled her long sword from it's sheath by her side. She sat down beneath a tree and then pulled a sharpener from her bag. She would need her sword, her mental state, and her bear form to take this place down.

She started to sharpen the edge of her blade quietly as the time slowly passed. She knew July would do the job that Ham had set before her regardless of her feelings. Claire focused her mind on her blade as she knew lives would be taken this day.

Luna's Claims:
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 14th August 2017, 11:45 pm

(ATTN: INFINITY EDGE GROUP B, Ri Altenas, DUSK)
[Collab with Juliet]

The walls and fort were something to look at. There was no telling just how much money it would take to build something like this. He had no way to gauge the value of this. It was impressive, but it made him wonder on whose backs it had been built. The hedges though, those he could truly appreciate.

When Xiax watched July and Ham finish talking, she gave him a Wink. He smiled back, shrugged and nodded his head towards the fort. Then he watched her as she disappeared into the fort.

He could only worry that she'd be unable to follow her brother's wishes. Ham would always look at her with the eyes of a brother, hoping for the best of her. However Xiax remembered their talks about this place... Slavers and Rapists, these people did not deserve to be called simple bandits. The look in July's eyes wasn't one Xiax liked to recall. Her vehement hatred of the man inside; what Xiax would guess could be put as an archenemy or nemesis; that Xiax could understand. Even Xiax didn't want this place to be left standing at the end after the things she had told him.

Ham was going to wait till she got back to make a plan. Xiax just waited for it to fall apart. If it did, he wouldn't have much time to talk with Ham. There was a very good chance that of this lot, Xiax wouldn't make it back out. However it seemed that Ham had something he wanted to talk about, maybe he'd thought of something for him to do to contribute.

"Sure. Did you come up with something for me to do?"

Ham shook his head. "No, no. Nothing like that. I was hoping we could talk about what happened a few days ago. With the curse." He put his hands behind his back, straightening his posture. "That is, if you don't mind, of course."

His posture didn't look like he was about to give Xiax a lecture, at least that's what Xiax chose to perceive it as. Although July hadn't exactly nagged him into talking with Ham but she hadn't chose to let the topic rest either. "Yeah, it's probably the best time if there ever was a time for this kind of thing." Xiax had been a little let down that Ham hadn't come up with anything. They called him 'Ham the Plan', he'd kinda been hoping that July was right that he'd come up with something. "Do or Die right?" Xiax nodded towards the fort, "I've thought about it, and yeah you were right: I overreacted."

Ham blinked, obviously a tad surprised that Xiax had opened with an admittance of his own shortcoming. Not to say he didn't think Xiax the type to admit he was wrong; just that admittances of guilt generally came later in these conversations. Generally.

"While I appreciate you acknowledging that, truly, that's not the reason I wanted to talk. I realize I can't, and never did, lay the blame for the situation on you," Ham decided to take a seat, knowing his habit of nervous pacing could get people a bit on edge. He gestured for Xiax to join him, making sure they were facing the fort so if any smoke signals were sent, or corpses were flung over the wall, they'd see them. "I...admit my shortcomings; and I feel bad that our first mission together had to bring one to light. I was...harsh. Too harsh. I forget that you aren't July or Claire, that you haven't been trained for these situations. I didn't take into account that my stance towards you, my lecture was against someone who until a couple months ago never had to deal with being in a team, or a situation where they would have to rely on their team- and while I generally stand by what I said, I am sorry for how harsh I was, Xiax. I am sorry that made you feel like no one was there for you, I am sorry that I failed you in that way as your group leader, and as your fellow guild member." He reluctantly kept the word 'friend' off his lips. Xiax hadn't talked to him in days, and he was uncertain as to how his actions had affected their relationship.

Well if July hadn't passed the 'Infinity Edge Official Motivational Speech' class, Ham must have aced the damn thing. "Well aren't you a wordy bastard."Xiax said chuckling and shaking his head as he sat next to the said wordy bastard. "I've, more July really, has made me think about it. You've got great family. That's the thing though, I'm not used to it." Xiax tapped his guild tattoo. "I've lived longer alone, outcast... homeless than many of your, my new family. Time, that's what it'll take." He tipped his head towards the fort and shrugged. "Assuming I survive today, there will be more of it." That saying about time healing all wounds wasn't always true, but it wasn't a load of bullshit either. "I didn't like hearing it, but you were right. Holding it back? That's not what friends do, or teammates if you prefer." he glanced over at Ham at that last bit. In the end he'd let Ham choose, call it a perk of being in charge.

Ham perked up, a smile coming to his face at the word 'friend'; and maybe a bit because of the 'wordy bastard' jab that he couldn't deny. "Well, Xiax, I know your circumstances are different than many I've worked with before. I won't say I'll understand exactly what you've been through, or understand your actions, initially, all I want is for you to give me a chance to try. Take all the time you need, I'm not here to rush you, to judge you. Everyone in the edge has a past, what matters in the end is that they're our family now- and you're right, you're our family now. And though you're not used to working in a group, I'm asking you to trust me, or at least give me a chance to earn that trust." His face grew somber for a moment. "I know we didn't necessarily get off on the right foot the other day, I make no excuse for my harshness, as you make no excuse for your actions- My job here is to keep everyone alive, and I promise you Xiax, no matter what happens in that fort, I will not let you die in there. You will survive today." His expression went back to its more relaxed state after a moment as he paused, thinking of what to say next.

"I was raised in a mansion, in a far off country, your circumstances and mine are as different as they come- If you see me being too....'Ham', as my sister would call it, just tell me. If I do something that hurts you, tell me. If you feel the need to question a course of action I've taken, do so. I'm not perfect, none of us are. Beyond being your guild mate, Xiax, I am your friend; and friends can tell each other when their heads are planted a bit far up their asses." He smiled at that; might have brought a tear to July's eye if she hard him say that. Not like she ever would.

Xiax sighed and rolled his eyes as he conceded, "Alright alright."

"Couldn't you have just said ok?" He looked up at the fort while sitting in it's shadow like a man with one less weight on his shoulders. "We're too old for this shit." All this talk was probably just tempting fate, like somehow he'd handed the hammer and nails to his own coffin to Death. Though Ham promised that somehow Xiax would live, and like July kept telling him: Ham deserved the benefit of the doubt. Maybe everything would go alright, but July was in there alone, and she had a vendetta with Oizys Moirai. How long had it been since she went in?

Ham observed Xiax's survey of the fort, furrowing his eyebrows slightly at his words, a small smirk coming to his face. 'We're too old for this shit', well, he wasn't exactly wrong. "Ask my sister, 'okay' is never enough for me. I'm a wordy bastard, you said it yourself." A grin briefly flickered over his face, as he decided to take a note from July's book. What are friends if they don't fuck with each other? Shit friends, that's what. "Xiax, I actually have a confession to make to you, now that she's not here." He briefly considered thanking his time at court for his and his sisters flagrant talent for lying. "I'm old, as you've said. That fact eludes exactly no one. July she..." He paused for a moment, trying to add emphasis to his situation. "You can't tell her this, though, I suppose she might already know. She was always clever." He looked over to his companion, holding his words so they held maximum wait. "July is...not my sister. She's my daughter. Which, given the gap in our ages, should come as a surprise to exactly no one. But, it's something I've held fast to, even before we left our birth place."

'Nailed it, Ham.'

He looked away from the fort as Ham confided in him. Well he might be old enough to be her father, but it didn't seem like they had that sort of relationship. "It isn't exactly impossible. The only thing bugging me is: Why? What does that serve?" That didn't sound like any kind of thing that a Father would do.

Ham shrugged. "Figured she'd be better off living her life as a rebellious noblewoman than a bastard. I had her when I was rather young, stupid teenage noble ripping his way through life. When one of the women I'd slept with came to me with the child, I sobered up, realized I needed to be responsible for the first time in my stupid life. I didn't want to make her life with the realization that she came into the world a mistake, so I let her believe I was her brother and my parents were her parents. Of course, this wasn't always easy with the age gap and all that, but luckily in Karnaca it's a common thing for siblings to have rather large age gaps." He shook his head. "I'm sure you've noticed I'm a bit more....fatherly towards July than most siblings are, though I do try to play the part of her brother." He shifted awkwardly. "Part of the reason I'm such a by the book prick now."

Well part of that made sense, but Xiax was sure that July wouldn't enjoy the fact that Ham had been hiding this from her. "This is gonna bite you in the ass. That's all I'm gonna say. You think she's alright in there?" He still regretted not touching her with Infuse and temporarly removing her demons before she went in there. There was no way to know if that would have helped but Xiax having briefly tasted the backlash of July's power was more worried how bad her demons might get in a place like that. Then again touching her might have made him into a screaming idiot and that would have blown there cover. Maybe if I gagged myself before it.

To be continued... dun dun duh.

MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top