Raid: King Ness

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raid: King Ness

Post by JerriLeah7 on 1st July 2017, 11:55 am

First topic message reminder :

The 2017 Raid Begins

If your Raid character has a green check mark in their submission post, you are welcome to join the fight against King Ness, the Raid boss for 2017!!  Please read the following introduction below and then post this scene, but re-written from your character's point of view with details that involve your character's specific world.  

Registration for the Raid:
https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com/t1674-gateway-raid-one#112861

Thank you for participating!

Raid:
Think back to your character's world and time.  Imagine your world as it was--its own force of nature, a miraculous expression of life with its own individuality.  Telling its own tale, spreading throughout all of time in its own way that no other world could possibly do.  

Now imagine that world crumbling apart.  Black cracks of magic coil around it, wrapping up the universe and feeding upon it.  As each black fissure is formed, the life around it dies and decays as your world begins to slowly and arduously die.  After months of this processes and thousands of lives have been lost, one such spirit appears within your world, referring to himself as "The Visitor."  

As he appears within each realm, he looks differently each time, shaping himself as he would best appear to "fit in" and seem trustworthy.  It is there that he finds the most possible public access to announce that this black magic, the coils that no one within the universe has currently been able to remove, is brought here by an evil creature known as "King Ness."   With sadness, he explains that the coils will not disperse from your planet until he is destroyed.   He calls forth, summoning the greatest warriors that will be willing to help the warriors from other victims' planets to battle this King and take him down.

'There will be challenges you must complete to reach him,' The Visitor will explain, 'Trails and tests of all like.  However, you will not be alone.  You will have others who must, likewise, save their homes...save their entire worlds.  Just like you.'

Before the Visitor, should you choose to join his invitation, a small circle will appear before him upon the floor/ground, which appears to glow upwards, raining mana from its base, raining up to the sky.  He'll instruct you to step onto your platform to be sent to the plane where the battle against King Ness will begin.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Raid: King Ness

Post by xenolion on 8th September 2017, 4:13 pm

{Attn: Delilah, Open}
“Are you angry at me?” Maresca asks.  She shakes her head in disbelief.  Yes she may have hardened a bit, but she was not uncaring.  She goes up to Delilah.  “I saw the same being you did, and honestly no she did not look real.  There is no way a person with those injuries should be alive, much less capable of speaking.  I am not sure how it is on your world, but on mine demons resort to messing with your mind.  If the being in the cage had been real; if the injuries had been curable, yes I would have helped.  As powerful as I am I cannot reconstruct spines that are no there…”

She pauses for a moment and takes a deep breath before continuing.  “I would not put it past King Ness to do something like this.  To put these illusions in front of us, in hopes of breaking us.  You saw how Claire reacted.  If you are so gung ho, then go open your door.  Just remember what is there may not be real, just as that caged being was not real.”

She walks away from Delilah and stands in front of her door and stares at it.  Does she have to courage to open it?  Does she really want to see what nightmare appears behind it?  At least she didn’t go first.  If it had anyone she knew in a cage like that, she would have reacted similar to Claire.

New siggy will be coming soon

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

xenolion
VIP

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 13th September 2017, 10:40 am

Claire looked around the room with red eyes. She had been crying from the ungodly room she had just seen. And her poor friend...her master...Ilyana. she was broken and should have been dead according to everyone. Claire would not think of it that way.

She looks around the room at the others. "Why don't you open your doors at the same time? There's no telling what we will find behind them. It could be something good like Catherine's door or another door like mine but we have to know and find out." Claire said as she rubbed her eyes.

Luna's Claims:
Video Game Claims: Squall Leonheart From Final Fantasy 8, Rinoa Heartilly From Final Fantasy 8, Luna From Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Member Claims: Physis Xenolion OC Claims:  Akagi From Force Users Role Play, Claudia Lucroix from Dragaultia, Kalista Miranda From Pandora's Love Anime Claims:Lina Inverse from The Slayers, Inuyasha from Inuyasha, Excel from Excel Saga
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JulietHasAGun on 15th September 2017, 11:50 pm

As Tae left the room with Delilah, he payed little mind to Catherine's trill of laughter. He was accustomed to it, it didn't bother him much, if at all- It was life, after all.

He spotted Delilah's glowing hand out of the corner of his eye. Her grip on him didn't tighten, but he could tell- She was pissed. Very pissed. He placed a hand on her shoulder, squeezing to get her attention. She looked to him after she finished addressing the group. He shook his head.

'It's not worth it. It won't accomplish anything.' He tried to communicate to her through their brief eye contact. Apparently she understood him, as the blue warbling effect on her arm dissipated as she exhaled.

He scanned the room, seeing Catherine's open door. He looked back towards Delilah, nodding his head for her to follow him as he moved towards the room- from the footsteps behind him, she'd quickly obliged.

The room itself was nothing like Claire's- it was so pristine, so spotless despite the odd lighting. Why was somebody like Catherine's room so harmless and clean when Claire had to suffer through that filthy horrific scene?

'Just life.' Tae thought to himself. 'Exactly like life.' He walked about the room, examining the detail, and the strange decor.

Set made by the lovely and talented JerriLeah7
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
JulietHasAGun

Lady Of Time And Space

Back to top Go down

Post by Goetia on 16th September 2017, 12:40 am

Catherine eyed the open door to her room as she composed herself. She heard Delilah and Maresca going at it behind her. And so the team conflict ensues! She thought confidently to herself. Delilah's patience must be at it's limit at this point. Catherine made a note to herself to be very far away when her patience breaks. Catherine turned her head to see the state of the two other women. Unsurprisingly, they were turned away from each other. My, my, my. I wonder where we'll go from here. 2 of our members hate each other and the third is an emotional wreck.

Catherine let Tae and Delilah walk into her room before her; let them get a lay of the land while things were still settling. Catherine stepped in after them, taking a seat on one of the operation beds with legs crossed. "Welcome to my lair. Be it real or not, it's the cleanest room I've seen in a long time." She reached out to grab a pair of surgical forceps, threading her delicate fingers through the holes.

Sig, Userbar/user rank made courtesy of Leah7! You're the best!
---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Member Claims: Luna
Co-Claims: Leah 7
Anime/Video game Claims: Amaterasu from Feudal Era. Vash the Stampede from Trigun. Million Knives from Trigun. Itachi Uchiha from Naruto Shippuden. Rozalin from Disgaea 2. Prometheus from Megaman ZX Advent. Emory Amden from Force User Role Play. Madame Red from Kuroshitsuji. Blues (Proto Man) from Mega Man series Excalibur from Soul Eater.

Goetia

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by JulietHasAGun on 16th September 2017, 4:36 pm

Delilah had taken Tae's lead; he was right- she knew it even before he told her.

Catherine was not worth it. Whether she liked it or not their best chance of saving their worlds was to work as a group- and Catherine's world did not deserve to be damned because of he callousness. She made a note to not trust the groups well being to her as easily as she formerly would have. Medical professional or not.

She was trying to calm herself down, observing the strange, strange room as Maresca spoke to her. Her grip tightened briefly on her staff, knuckles white for the most fleeting of moments.

No, no Delilah. Remember. Not worth it. Not worth it. She did not even turn to face the woman as she addressed her, if she did- if she became any less fixated on these pristine tools- she would say or do something both she and Maresca would deeply regret.

Was she supposed to respond? Did she want her to respond? She doubted Maresca wanted to hear any of the things flushing through Delilah's brain at the moment.

"Maresca," Delilah started calmly. It was her 'officer voice', or, as Pierce was want to call it, her 'serious voice'. It was unlike her- a badge she put on. Cold and metallic to Delilah's usual warm and earthy. "I seldom get 'angry'. It takes a lot to get me 'angry'. So am I angry? No, I am, however, losing patience at your lack of compassion, and your inane comments that seek to accomplish nothing outside of divert attention away from the matter at hand rather than bothering to help. Yes. Know this, if I was angry at you, there would be no room to doubt." Her voice held no edge, it was calm- unnervingly calm, perhaps. Delilah's eyes traced the room as she spoke- as though her soul had temporarily left her body to take a breather.

"I understand the trauma in your world might have caused a rocky start, however, it is not an excuse to pull a weapon on a man and lack the compassion or reasoning to consider that perhaps the things in this dungeon lie beyond our realm of understanding- and Ilyana might very well be real."

Delilah looked up at the chandelier. It was so...peculiar. The lighting looked almost unreal- like a dream. A very sterile dream. She took a few steps just looking up, observing the ceiling, attempting to be careful to not bump into anything.

She pulled herself from her trance, blinking a couple times, pulling her gaze back downwards to look where she was going.

To see a floating suit of blue, glowing armor inches from her face.

For the briefest of shocked moments leading up to Delilah registering what was truly in front of her she felt...cold. Odd, a strange, icy aura lapped at her face as her widened eyes took a moment to fully accept the phenomena before her. It wasn't attacking- that was good, right?

The cold did not last- as the being, whatever it was, soon and quickly flashed red. The cold replaced by heat, the calming blue replaced by an aggressive red.

"Tell Catherine to leave." That voice. It didn't sound normal. It didn't sound right.

What could one call the noise Delilah made? A yell? A scream? No matter what you dubbed it, in the eerie silence of the room. The yelp of surprise that broke free of her lips as she jerked backwards from the head of the specter echoed throughout the chamber.

JulietHasAGun

Lady Of Time And Space

Back to top Go down

Post by Goetia on 16th September 2017, 10:08 pm

Catherine played with the forceps, noting their excellent grip and smooth function. As Delilah looked up to the eerie chandelier, Catherine looked up also. Yep, still there. She wondered why such a calm scene would have spooky purple lighting up above. It was almost as weird as the dreams she had before everyone started dying. When Catherine looked down, she saw someone she hadn't seen for months. Eyes wide open, she had to catch herself in her surprise to come back to her senses.

Before Catherine could remember the familiar figure's name, the ghostly apparition took on a red hue, something Catherine had never seen before. It then requested that Catherine leave. For the sake of the group, Catherine shoved herself off the bed and backstepped out of the room, yet only as far as walking through the entrance door. "Uhh, don't know why he wants me to leave, but hey I'm out here at least."

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Anime/Video game Claims: Amaterasu from Feudal Era. Vash the Stampede from Trigun. Million Knives from Trigun. Itachi Uchiha from Naruto Shippuden. Rozalin from Disgaea 2. Prometheus from Megaman ZX Advent. Emory Amden from Force User Role Play. Madame Red from Kuroshitsuji. Blues (Proto Man) from Mega Man series Excalibur from Soul Eater.

Goetia

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 16th September 2017, 10:23 pm

{Attn: Open, who aren't in Catherine's room}
Maresca is amazed at Delilah’s response to her, but shakes it off.  The others are going into Catherine’s room.  It is a good time for her to check out hers in relative peace.  She opens her door and gasps.  It wasn’t because of the sight rather the odor that hits her first.  It was one of spilt blood and death.  The visual was not better.  There were poles sticking up from the ground.  Impaled on them were countless Tiamants.  She stays in the doorway too afraid to go further.

Water fills her eyes as she recognizes both Asher and Karyne.  Who would do this to them?  Sure Asher was a bit harsh at times, but he was nice.  And Karyne, poor sweet Karyne, how could anyone…  Her eyes drift down and there are both humans and infamia littered the ground all dead as well.  She can see the other holy weapons on the ground too. Mysondight, Gleivnir, Armandel, Liskanen, Ifaniel, the only one missing was her Rusya.  Maresca fights the urge to rush in and cradle Dania in her arms.  This is not real is it?  It can’t be…if it is, there is no reason for her to continue fighting.  No this is not real.  She closes the door, not all the way, but to block the other from seeing it.  She wipes her eyes and backs away.  The whole time not saying a word.

New siggy will be coming soon

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

xenolion
VIP

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 17th September 2017, 6:58 pm

Claire was still out in the big room where they had first entered. Catherine was returning from her room, her face almost pale. "What is wrong Catherine? You look like something just happened in your room?" She asked.

She was looking around the room and saw that Maresca's room was slightly open. She wondered if she had opened it. "Maresca, did you open your door just now? What is in there?" She asked.

Luna's Claims:
Video Game Claims: Squall Leonheart From Final Fantasy 8, Rinoa Heartilly From Final Fantasy 8, Luna From Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Member Claims: Physis Xenolion OC Claims:  Akagi From Force Users Role Play, Claudia Lucroix from Dragaultia, Kalista Miranda From Pandora's Love Anime Claims:Lina Inverse from The Slayers, Inuyasha from Inuyasha, Excel from Excel Saga
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 19th September 2017, 9:23 pm

[Attn: Party]

"It is a tech band, of course," Ragnarok said offhandedly as he had it run a scan. Then it occurred to him. "Ah. My apologies," he added as he typed on the virtual interface. "It is a machine that performs multiple functions -- in this case I'm scanning her vitals and -- sorcery..." He typed feverishly, running a quick diagnostic.

As he did so, he listened to what the others were saying. He did not understand some of the odd behavior some were exhibiting, only tucking it away for analysis for later. At the conclusion of their discussion regarding this Ilyana's state of being, he inhaled deeply through his nose. "I'm afraid all I can do is support that hypothesis," he added. "My scans can't even pick her up. So, either she's a figment, or -- more likely -- this is an act of sorcery."

He shared the one called Delilah's sentiment as the other spoke of leaving her. Sadly, it seemed the only true option considering the situation. He growled in his throat as the one called Taeyrn caught Ilyana's eye, sharing the sentiment. He hesitated for a moment as the others left. He did not like hasty action, but he felt he could not leave without saying something. He knew his own kind.

He knelt beside her outside the cage and caught her eye. He thought for a moment, considering his words carefully. "You do not know me, so I doubt the words of a stranger will hold little sway." His eyes sharpened. "But I know kindred when I see them. You are like me: a protector. This "guild master" position you hold, there are ones who look to you for guidance, for strength. Remember what you fight for, and for whom you fight for. This imposter. They chose you because of that strength that you give -- so that they can steal it from your charges."

He took one of her hands in his. "Rest now, weary heart, but do not let this...usurper...defeat you. You are weary now, yes, you are beaten now, but in those sad eyes I see the fire has not gone out. Do not let him take that from you." His eyes glowed as a growl rose in his throat. "Never let them take that from you!" He bowed his head and stood. "As one warrior in a hopeless situation to another. I hope you find a way to rise again." He gave her a defiant grin and a nod, then left after the others.

As he made it to what seemed to be the central area, he found the others engaged in something. Not sure what the situation was, he stood back and silent, waiting before he rushed into hasty judgement.

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by JulietHasAGun Yesterday at 9:36 pm

Zeddicus makes a sound close to a scoff as Catherine leaves.  The color shifted from red into blue as it backs away from Delilah, "I am sorry for......scaring you, old woman.  I was...angry."

Delilah briefly clutches her chest as her heart beats out rapid triplets against her ribs. She exhales slightly, staring at the glowing figure in wide eyed wonder. "I..." She starts, clearing her throat, and straightening herself. "It's...alright. I know the feeling." She'd just told Maresca that these rooms weren't illusions..but this ghost...it was...something. She offered her hand out. "Delilah." She offered her name quickly, putting a smile back on her face, her hand still fluttering slightly from the unwelcome 'surprise'.

Zeddicus held out his hand, carefully gloved and cold, "Zeddicus, or Zedd.  A pleasure...Delilah.   You're in poor company.  You should......get rid of her before she gets you and your friends killed.....Please forgive my rude words, but...I do so out of the safety for your allies."

Tae crosses his arms, glaring at the thing, "We'll make our own assessments, thanks.  What the hell are you, Zedd?  Just a ghost?"

Zedd says with fear in his voice, "I am a spirit bound to my.....very last suit of armor that keeps me here.  After this suit fades...I'll be lost forever.  I'll return to how I once was."

Whatever it was, was...if not friendly, at least not presently hostile. It didn't like the one called Catherine, to be sure. He thought for a moment. "Two questions, if I may," he began. "Firstly, what is your animosity toward the one called Catherine? Second, do you seek to return to how you were?" He frowned, he hated being hasty. "I guess three questions, then. What were you once?"

Catherine's eye twitched with accute disdain toward the hunk of armor. "Oy! Who d'ya think you're talking about!? I've saved more lives than I've taken for god knows how long! If you weren't so close to Ryushi I'd come over there and flatten you!" Catherine's free hand curled into a fist, while her other clutched her book like a weapon primed to fire.

Delilah gave a slight wince at the shock of crushing the man(?), Zedd's icy hand. She shook it, nonetheless. He seemed nice, albeit rather grim.

'It seems I really am in a comic book, now.' She listened to Zedd and Ragnarok speak, to Tae's disdain.

"Likewise, Zedd." What an odd name. She held her hand up as a signal for the woman to be silent. "Catherine, let us hear the man out before we start making hollow and unneccessary threats." She waited for the ghost to answer Ragnarok's question.

"I am a dead man--I cannot return to the void.  I cannot reincarnate.  I am a lost soul amongst the living," Zeddicus says sadly, "This armor was gifted to me by a dear friend--it is my fourth spare set.  Without the armour, I will go into madness and become a poltergeist.  I will forget who I am."

"Who gave you the armor, then? I don't remember you wearing that particular set before the guild separated. How do I know you're not some 'illusion' that we've been hearing of?"

He sighed inwardly. More sorcery. He was beginning to wonder if he'd be any use on this journey. "That is unfortunate," he said. "Forgive my hastiness earlier, as it seems I didn't introduce myself. I am Ragnarok. What about your grievances with her...?"

Zeddicus laughs, his tone hollow, angry, bitter.  He looked first to Catherine and said, "You do not speak.  Don't you dare speak to me."

Then he turns to Rangoroke, "Well met, Ragnorok.  OR not so well met.  Whichever.  I am sorry, but your dear friend, Catherine, left me--left us.  Left her entire Guild that she swore an oath to protect.  To fight with!  To live with!  She swore and now--"

This time, Zeddicus turns to Catherine, turning red, his voice sounding as though he could cry, "You look like you did the day you left, all those centuries ago.  Not a moment aged, as though the Visitor didin't even touch you.  But you had to go, didn't you?  You always craved action more than you did healing--Gods forbid you miss out on all of the action!!  Well, now you're back and I'm all that's left.  Deal with it and live your life elsewhere.  There's nothing left here for you."

Delilah watched as the ghost spat his words of anger at Catherine. Had she been cold, callous? Of course, of course she had. But this..anger...bitterness...went a call beyond. The hollow words, not of this world, yet not quite of elsewhere, sank into her brain. Centuries? Had they been gone for centuries? Had their loved ones withered and died in their decaying worlds thinking their loved ones had abandoned them? A hollow pitt stuck fast into Delilah's chest and she grasped her staff with two, barely still hands, knuckles white yet again.

"Zedd, Catherine, as with all of us, took an invitation from the Visitor, she wanted to save her world. She, none of us could have known how long would have passed between our departure and our return. If her world was anything like mine, I doubt the destruction gave us any other promising choices." Her voice was soft, comforting, sympathetic, she knew how he must have felt, abandoned, alone. She wanted to believe Maresca, now- she wanted to believe Catherine would have something to come back to.

His eyes widened at the revelation of the passage of time. Was it the same in his world. Was he centuries removed from his time? This struck him. Jack was gone, as was little Sheila. There might be one or two of his rookery kin left -- Gargoyles lived for a long time, after all. He steeled himself. This was the fate of a warrior, after all. There were risks, and he had stepped up to take them, no matter the cost. At the least, he knew that at least the world he'd left was still surviving.

"It is as Delilah says," he explained. "For you, centuries have passed, but for us, mere moments. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Catherine's face hardened with a burning fury even she rarely experienced. Her finger raised, she pointed at Zedd as if she were rebuking a demon. Calling her an abandoner? When she had a chance to undo all the torment that plagued her world? That took Chiron away from her? Catherine would hear no more of this ghosts unfounded claims.

Delilah, however, interjected to lower the tension. After Ragnorok spoke, everything made sense. She lowered her hand, thinking about how much time has passed. So there's nothing left? No one? It's really been centuries? She wanted to ask that aloud but her pride kept her mouth shut.

Taeyrn stays a ways off, his arms crossed.  He looks depressed, deep in thought.  His eyes went from the ghost to Catherine, wondering if this was true.  Is this how it is going to be?  The Visitor never clarified how long it would take--he never guaranteed a return.  He never guaranteed anything.  Was he stupid to go?  Did he make a mistake?

Zeddicus gestures, pointing to the flickering, magical runes upon his armor, "Well, color me...sympathetic....what an ordeal, these 'mere moments' must have been for you.  If I had been given a choice, I'd have left my armor to go mad!  To forget!  But Ryushi made me.....he made me promise....he was so sure you'd come back, if not in his timeline....soon.   He wanted you to have something...familiar to return to.   Well, now you have and I've done....my duty......and I don't have any reason to stay here in this.....torment......with these memories....anymore."

With that, the armor begins to crack along the edges, forming dark ridges into the metal as the glowing, blue runes begin to flicker more rapidly, threatening to go out.

Delilah gives a slight gasp, reaching her hand out. "No- Zedd, please! You don't- Don't, just-" She scrambled to find anything she could use to talk him down. "Don't you enjoy being yourself, remembering your friends, your companions? Are you content to die in bitterness? You could help us- help us defeat King Ness, you could make your guildmates proud, so they didn't die for nothing, for him to continue destroying worlds. You could help us, please!" Her voice pleaded with him, horrified.

"Wait!" Ragnarok entreated. "Is this to be your final piece? To end it on such a note of bitterness? I do not make light of your plight, but if she is your rookery sister, shouldn't you place more faith? Do not do this!"

Catherine watched the armor degrade, keeping her lips sealed. She had no problem letting the poor fool remove himself from his armor. The bastard held out longer than Catherine ever would've expected. If Zedd were compelled enough to help, he probably would have. "Sorry" Catherine mouthed behind Delilah and Ragnorok's frantic pleas.

The ghost ignored the pleas as the armor began to degrade, dust piling into the floor below the levitating apparition of blue light, the runes slowly darkening into nothingness.  When the exclaims of protests were done, all Zedd finally said to Catherine was, "Take comfort in that they all died with hope and love for you in their hearts.  Each of their final words to me were to say hello."

With that, the light disappeared and just a whisper remained with the group inside of the empty, pristine room, "Hello from White Cross, Catherine.  We've missed you."

"No, no, no!" Delilah moved for Zedd, her fingers gripping at the air as he disintigrated into nothingness. She didn't dare look back at Catherine, she doubted she had the stomach to do so. She could hardly imagine what Zedd had gone through, the centuries alone in a rotting world. She felt a lump in her throat, thinking of if, in her world, her loved ones had suffered the same fate as the White Cross. Waiting, and waiting for her to return, only to rot into ash. She looked down, solumnely, sadly.

He had waited, he had watched, he had promised and done everything he could to fulfill it; and now, there was nothing left of him.

"Be at peace, Zedd. Your wait is over."  Delilah muttered, inaudible to all but the pile of nothing before her.

Ragnarok stared in horror, then a snarl rose in his throat and his wings unfurled, his eyes glowing like twin suns as he rounded on Catherine. "Why didn't you try to stop him?!" he roared throwing his arm backward in the direction of her fallen friend. "He was your friend! Your kin! Did you not feel anything for him?!"

A tense stiffness formed in Catherine's throat as the armor disintigrated into scrap. She never felt so tense in her life. Her eyes remained fixed on where Zedd was before he turned to dust. Even after the last remainder of light fainted, her eyes never budged. It was as if her whole body had become paralyzed. Her eyes felt damp. Tears? When was the last time she cried? She couldn't remember. Waves of unexplainable emotions crashed over her relentlessly.

That damn ghost. Really knows how to pull your heart strings. Catherine took a deep, wavering breath. That's right, she still had to breathe. But every breath brought her closer to an explosion of tears. Hold it in, hold it in. She was on the edge of the tallest emotional cliff she'd ever face, and she wanted nothing more than to let herself fall. And then Ragnorok turned to lecture her. The monster. The son of a bitch.

A switched flipped in Catherine's mind. She marched up to the beast's face, eyes redened with tears streaming down her cheeks. Her body moved on its own, but Catherine wouldn't bother stopping it. She was prepared for anything that happened next, be it for her benefit or demise. She glared beams at the gargoyle's eyes, her breath unsteady and hands shaking. She had to say something.

"I want you...and Delilah...to get out of this room...Right now. Or so help me god....I will fucking kill you-I swear to god I will. Or I will die trying."

Taeyrn doesn't know what to say.  He just doesn't know what to say.  He didn't even know these people or that damned ghost, but his heart hurt.  His face is stoic, though.  If there's anything that Tae has gotten good at in his shitty life, it's hiding the times that hurt and ache.  He's had so much in his life, but...this was still intense.  It really kind of got to him.

Part of him wanted to try to ease the situation, but...he's not good at that shit, really.  He's no leader, he's not a diplomat.  He's just a guy.  He can't understand how Catherine must feel.  However, he doesn't think Rangorok does, either.  So he decides to focus on that, gesturing for the two to leave as they were instructed to do by the hurting woman.

"Ragnorok, is it?  Man, you don't know how she feels and frankly, it's none of your business why she didn't say anything.  It's her friend, like you said.  So shut the hell up and get out of her room."

He moves around them both cautiously to make his own exit of the clean place, in case it's just about to get ugly and messy in there.  He really wouldn't like to see them hurt each other, but the winged creature was way out of line...and was probably going to fuck her up over a misunderstanding.   Good idea, Visitor.  Shove us all together without proper introductions or anything....just make it so we can speak the same language, somehow, and then leave us to our own devices.  That'll get the worlds saved.

She hears yelling behind her, snapping out of her sorrowful trance to see Ragnarok and Catherine in each others faces. Great. Delilah swoops in as she hears Tae speak, positioning herself between them, putting a calming hand on the shoulder of Ragnarok.

"Please, please, fighting will get us nowhere. Ragnarok, everyone deals with grief differently. None of us can know how Catherine feels," 'If she feels anything at all..'"And I doubt she could have stopped him, I doubt any of us could have. I mourn his death, as do we all, I'm sure- but getting angry, getting in each others faces for what we did or didn't do just subjects us to infighting, if we're to save our worlds, we need to realize we're all we have. Calm yourself, please." Her gaze shifted to Catherine, who looked suitably furious. "And Catherine, I am truly sorry for your loss, and cannot fathom what you must be going through- But do not threaten Ragnarok, and do not threaten me. Ragnarok's words were unneccessary, yes, but I didn't speak a word to you. If you need a moment in peace to mourn, we will give it to you gladly, but as I said before, we are currently all we have; especially if what Zedd told us is true. Fighting gets us nowhere." She looked between the two of them, hoping her words were able to defuse them, and that she wasn't about to get into the middle of a fistfight with a gargoyle.

JulietHasAGun

Lady Of Time And Space

Back to top Go down

Post by Goetia Yesterday at 9:41 pm

"You dare?!" he thundered at her threat, his hands spreading out in anticipation of combat.

He snarled ferociously at Taeyrn's words, his wrath focusing in his direction till he felt little Delilah's hand reaching up on his shoulder. He looked down at her, not hearing her words, but hearing the tone. He shook himself and his eyes stopped glowing, then he caped his wings.

This was what being hasty got you and he hated himself for it. He began heading for the door, stopping at it. He chose his words carefully. "I...will not apologize for what I said. I heard your laughter in that room of horrors, Catherine and find your behavior deeply troubling. I will work with you, but I do not trust you." That said, he removed himself from the situation.

"If you find that troubling, you don't know the half of it." Her breathing reached a more even rate. Her expression softened, but she didn't seem ready to let things go. Turning to Delilah, she could only look at her with an uneasy gaze. The brief interjection gave her a chance to cool down. It was enough for her to know she couldn't say anything that wouldn't get herself in more hot water, so she walked around Delilah and stood where Zedd had previously disintegrated. She collapsed to her knees and stared at the pile of grains that remained of the ghost's armor.

Delilah could understand where Ragnarok was coming from, even though his actions were out of line- especially towards someone who just witnessed a comrade curse them and die before her very eyes, no matter how cold that person was. Catherine remained utterly...unpleasant, but still, Delilah felt for her, watching her fal to her knees before Zedd's ashes.

This entire situation...this group...how could they hope to save their worlds if they couldn't even work together? More importantly, was there anything left worth saving? Was her world just as Zedd spoke of? Had centuries passed? Were Ellie and Sophie and Cynric all ashes? Was Braedon-

No. No she couldn't think about that. Braedon was alive, he was alive and she needed to save her world, save him.

"We'll give you some time alone." She spoke softly. 'Alone' was a slight lie. She was moving to the doorway, not wanting to leave Catherine alone in a room so...sterile, for fear of what might happen to her. She rested her shoulder on the doorway and looked out at the rest of the group.

"Who's next?" She spoke softly, grimly.

Tae speaks with alarm, "There's a new door out here...."

He doesn't say it, but he points, looking directly at their new traveling companion, the gargoyle.  If there's a new door, it must be for him.  The rest had already identified their own door.  How had the door gotten there?  No one had seen it just...appear.  Then again, they were all incredibly distracted.  Still, that was creepy--doors appearing, timelines being all mixed up....this is some shit.

Ragnarok perked up at Taeyrn's sudden alarm. He saw where Taeyrn was pointing and saw the door. How quaint. Doors in his world don't have knobs, anymore. As for Taeyrn's alarm, considering the luck they seemed to be having with these doors, he could understand the trepidation. His eyes widen with shock as he notices a symbol on the doorknob. "That's...the symbol for the cafeteria..." he said, suddenly cautious.

He cautiously walked to the door, as if expecting Folk to jump out of it. He stood staring at it for a moment. What horror would lie beyond. What glimpse into his world's portents...?

He shook himself. Dithering about it would get him nowhere. He grabbed the handle -- a gesture foreign to him -- twisted, then threw open the door, leaping back a few steps in anticipation.

Once she was sure evryone was out of the room, Catherine huddled around the dust before. Unimaginable guilt washed over her from head to toe. Bursting into tears, she grasped the pile, feeling individual particles slip through her fingers. "I'm so sorry." She muttered through the sobbing. The tightness in her throat turned into a pain that made it even more difficult to speak than before.

I never should have gone. I'm such a fuck up. Where were you, Chiron? Why couldn't you be there? You were the only one that didn't hate me. I couldn't save anyone like you wanted. I couldn't do anything. I failed you. I failed everyone. Where were you? You should be here instead of me.
You shouldn't be here. You should have stayed where you belong. Look at what you've done. You must attone.

Echoes of that whisper rang in Catherine's mind. The guilt drove her into a panic, sending her into a mental storm of confusion. Her crying turned to laughing, but she wasn't sure why. It just felt right to laugh. Maybe she was in such a pitiful state that it was somehow humorous. Yet no matter how much she laughed, the guilt and regret never left.

I never should have fucking left, but what does it matter now? Everyone's dead and I can't get back. What am I supposed to do?

Catherine rolled on the floor, groaning as if she were in immense pain. She clawed at her face, trying to think of how to get rid of the guilt. She looked at her book of drawings. She flipped through each page, looking for some kind of sign or message. But nothing helped. Then suicide crossed her mind. She had all the tools she needed, she knew exactly where to puncture herself to ensure a quick death. Catherine fingered through the book until she came upon a drawing of a dagger, meant for self defense. She summoned the blade to her hand, felt the weight of the simulated steel. One deep cut across the throat would be enough. Or a puncture of the heart. All it took was commitment. Just commit. Catherine held the blade over her lap, fighting to find the resolve to do it, or to not do it.

Delilah looked towards the new door at Tae's behest. This place was getting stranger by the minute. Bad strange.

She heard a noise, crying, laughing? She looked behind her, seeing Catherine, rolling on the floor, clawing at herself. She had to do something. The woman had been callous, but she was still human, a person who needed love, compassion, a shoulder to cry on. She saw the glint of something in her hand as she turned to walk over to her, kneeling beside the woman; her sad, prone form.

"Catherine," Her voice was soft, gentle, motherly, as was her touch as she gently laid her hand on Catherine's shoulder. "It is...not alright. But maybe...Maresca was right, this is something placed here to mess with our heads, scare us. I'm here for you, if you need anything. You aren't alone."

Catherine's name broke her out of her trance. She looked behind her to see Delilah with a hand on her shoulder. She suddenly felt like she was completely naked, caught with a blade at her lap. "If this was meant to mess with us, then it damn sure did its job. But how could it know where to hit us hardest like this? How do we know anything will change?"

---------
Claims:
Spoiler:

Goetia

Wasp Hugger

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top