JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Soul Wrought Role-Play

Post by JerriLeah7 on 26th August 2018, 4:57 am

[ATTN: CLOSED]

Ascharya follows Rathis up quite a ways, separating from the hut and those that occupy it.  Unfortunately, their pace has slowed due to the fact that the old Shamari must be guided with great care--she's much slower and more blind this time, it almost seems.  Still, Rathis demonstrates patience, somehow.  She has no idea, to the fullest extent, just what he can see but she can tell that whatever it is, it has him on edge.  After some time, they finally reach an opened ledge, barren.  Yet, Rathis whispers out words in his deep voice that alerts the Shaman to his awe.

Rathis whispers, "By the ancestors!"

She can't help but wonder what is wrong--but whatever it is, he found it.  He found the great spirit that is bound to the girl.  Even she can sense it and she has no strong bond with the dead as a Spiritualist does.  She removes her blindfold, unable to withhold her curiosity.  All that she finds is his intense expression of fear and awe.  His eyes are wide, his lips parted with shock as his eyes gaze about at whatever it is that he can see and she cannot.  She wonders what creature could possibly let off such an aura.  What comes next is a conversation--a one sided conversation, unfortunately, as she can only hear Rathis' words.  Her curiosity builds as his words continue.

"What are you?"  Rathis asks.  A pause.  "I don't believe you.  You shouldn't exist.  What?  Well...no, no I suppose I'm not.  Yet, still.  You're kind has existed only in fairy tales..."

Ascharya clears her throat.

"Oh!"  Rathis exclaims, "Forgive me, Shamari.  I shall Corporealize the dragon so that you may speak to it and see it."

Did he just say dragon?  Ashcarya wonders incredulously.  Rathis' shirt is already removed, as needed.   He begins to paint his face with the cans pulled from his satchel before turning to the Shamari to place four white dots under her eyes upon the top of her cheekbones identical to his.  The marks shine more brilliantly upon his skin than hers, but it flatters him.  Ascharya watches as Rathis draws a circle in the air before him and then pushes outward against the invisible circle with his palms, as if pushing it away from his body with an invisible force.  His knees bend, his body leaning forward into the push as sweat begins to bead up on his skin, the work of his magic giving him slight pause.

His process is repeated a few times until the great creature comes into view--this 'dragon,' as it so claims.    The translucent, white, and green creature seems to shine into the atmosphere, glowing incandescently as any soul should.  Yet, there's something more, here.  Magic.  This particular spirit is far more powerful than any individual soul that Ascharya has had the pleasure to witness.  She stares in awe, unmoving.  She does not speak.  The eyes, like green and white fire, burn like Archeron lanterns and the runs that are shining from the inner wings of the massively sized, reptilian creature seem to burn with a deep amber and red, fading in and out with intensity.

"Were you going to speak anytime today?"  It asks.  The voice of the supposed dragon comes out with a great breath, the air movement pressing back as a small wind pressure against Ascharya's body and knocking her hood back once more from her head.  The old woman steps back a bit, surprised from the pure force of its mere breathing.  Its voice is deep, heavy, reverberating within her mind--the speech does not come from its tongue.

"You must be Lorelond,"  Ascharya says, choosing a bow for a greeting, "A pleasure to meet you."

"Clever, human."  Lorelond replies.

Ascharya isn't sure how, but she can tell from gazing upon its large face that it is, in fact, smirking in amusement.  She looks into the large eyes that gaze upon her and is chilled to the bone.  Everything about him sets off all of her alarms--and more.  He's just so...magnificent.  Beautiful.  And massive!  "We understand your need to protect the girl, but you mustn't protect her from us.  I need to hold back the barrier poisoning so that she can have her soul wrought.  We cannot allow her to die."

"Of course she will not die.  I won't allow it."  Lorelond sounds impatient, "She won't die, so long as I keep back the poisoning myself.  Now, as clever as you are, I'm sure you've already gathered this.  What you're saying is that you want my permission to do it...the human way."

The last words are spoken with distaste and Ascharya's eyes look to the side at Rathis.  He returns her side glance before returning his attention to the great beast once more.  He seems at a loss for words and Ascharya cannot blame him.  She's having a hard time fully comprehending how a dragon could be bound to a human.  She's never heard of this happening before.  And this creature does not seem fond of humans at all.  It makes no sense.

"I'm saying that we will do it the human way,"  Ascharya says sternly, deciding not to back down, "With or without your consent.  We're simply hoping that you'll save us some trouble by cooperating."

The dragon laughs.  The dragon laughs!  The great head is reared back, looking up to the sky as the laughter echoes throughout the sky and air about them, as well as within the wells of their minds.  Amusement somehow lives within its non-human features, as easy to read as any human's face should be.  And my, is Lorelond expressive, wasting no expense to hide his clear disdain for the tiny creatures before him.  Intimidated, the Shaman has begun to back away with the Spiritualist, but both are now surrounded by the dragon's greatly sized tail.  However, the dragon doesn't stand--he simply moves his face up close to his visitors, removing the distance that was just added and then removing even more.  The two humans look more afraid than ever as he stops his movement of his tail and face, his left eye now only a few mere feet from them as it looks into them deeply with great detail.  The Shaman's aura is disgusting, but the Spiritualist is...appealing enough.  He is a kind soul.  

Making up his mind, Lorelond finally speaks, "I will grant you access to Nephanee's soul.  Should you or your...guarantor attempt to harm her in any way, I will kill you."

Ascharya pales, the blood draining from her face at the realization of what Lorelond knows.  Rathis looks very confused at the dragon's statement, but she quickly cuts in before the man can inquire, "Very well.  You have my word that my companions and I mean no harm to Nephanee.  We simply wish to save her and train her in her abilities, as a member of our community."

Lorelond grumbles to himself as he vanishes from view, "Humans."

Ascharya's shaking is still there, her entire body trembling from the fear and adrenaline now running throughout her body.  She's cold--much more cold than she was before, now that she's paying attention to herself and she is calming down.  She's still pale as she looks to Rathis with a bit of impatience, pulling the hood back on top of her head, "We've no time to waste.  We must get to her, now."

"Aye," Rathis says with discomfort, also obviously rattled, "Let's get the hell out of here."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Click here to get started on GtR!
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goetia on 1st September 2018, 1:00 pm

[Attn: Closed]

Suzette opened her eyes like it was any other morning, but what she found wasn't the walls of her room or the soft earthen floor. The walls shimmered of britemetal and a cold dankness hung in the air. Suzette pulled the bed sheet from her body and rose up, inspecting her surroundings. Odd trinkets lied strewn about as if they had all been used recently. The room's darkness drew Suzette to a dim light not too far away from her. What was bathed in the light, however, was another girl. One Suzette didn't recognize. She looked worn and beated, tortured within an inch of her life. She was bound to a wall with several ropes that had scraped away layers of skin. Suzette cautiously walked to the girl, looking for any signs of movement.

"Hello?" Was all she could bring herself to ask.

The woman's movement was sudden, her head jerking up as her eyes open to gaze upon Suzette with what began as alarm and ended with soft relief. The ropes shake, making very little sound, but casting moving shadows upon the dirty wall upon her back. One eye, a base white, seemed not to see her. The other, however, a brilliant, unnatural yellow. It was clearly magical as it shined against the darkness, the only solid proof the that bound girl was still a force to be reckoned with, even in her current, half-starved state. She speaks to Suzette with a weak, quiet whisper.

"Finally. Come and get me. Find me, I'll reward you." The woman says, "No time to waste."

Suzette jumped back as the woman's gaze met her's. Her arms instinctively raised in a defensive, yet whimsical position. The woman didn't look like anyone from the tribe. She barely looked like an actual person. But the golden yellow eye the woman had hinted to Suzette that the ragged lady had something happen to her, something possibly magical. Realizing the woman was still bound, Suzette finally lowered her arms.

" But who are you? What reward are you talking about?"

"Who am I?" She asks, repeating the question. It's asked softly, her eyes cast into the darkness of the room with uncertainty, as though she cannot remember herself. A pause. "That's right. This isn't me. This isn't me!"

Her voice is a little louder, now, her tone a little angry. Defiant. Suddenly, the ropes fall and she's standing tall, her body shifting. Weight increasing, meat is added to the frail girl's bones until she looks healthy. The dirt disappears slowly her hair begins to become clean, shaven in some parts and bound in others. War paint forms on her arms, her stomach, layers of binding for warmth wrap around her arms and upper torso, as well. The simple, hide pants and shirt seem to fix themselves within seconds as a bone decoration fits itself to her right shoulder and colorful beads find their way into her hair, along with a decorative, vibrant feather. The bone piercings in her ears are still there, and a white, oily paint covers the tips of some of her hair as well as half of her face to go with the rest of her painted skin.

Due to having half of her head shaven, the scars upon her temple are visible, now, resembling a deep claw mark of some kind, indicating history of a battle. The paints upon her face, arms, and stomach are all black and white, alternating in varied patterns and designs, though the design upon her face almost seemed to cover half of her face with a mask. Lastly, a bow and arrows appeared upon her back and then a necklace, strung up by her own hair around her neck, which appeared to be some strangely created children's doll., save that there were needles in it. Now fully shifted into her former self, the woman looked...fierce. Dangerous. Angry.

Spoiler:

"This is me." She says, finally remembering, "I am Rezzolyn. I'm a Warrior Priestess, not a victim. And I have a dowry I can give. I come from a reputable family. It is a great gift."

Suzette watched the ropes fall and the person before her transform into a healthy warrior, just a head taller than her. Suzette's eyes widened as the woman somehow grew even more intimidating. She still felt non-threatened, but the her safety diminished to a fraction of its original size. Suzette's body froze in an effort not to piss off the big strong lady. Yet in the back of her mind, she couldn't understand why a heroine of battle would want to endow a gift unto Suzette's shaken body. She was just a musician. Forcing the words out of her mouth, Suzette stammered to ask another question.

"W-why me? I'm not a strong warrior. I just play music."

Shifting her weight onto one foot, she places her opposing hand on her hip as she tilts her head to the side, "I'm a dreamwalker. This is a dream. I didn't choose you--my magic did. You must have a strong connection with Corporea. Regardless, I called. You answered."

Feeling more relaxed, Suzette put her fingers on her chin as if she were in deep thought. "Well I always did have a stronger affinity with Corporea than the other realms. But I never expected to be visited by a dreamwalker with a gift. And I can't say no to gifts. Where am I supposed to find you, miss...Rezzolyn?"

Rezzolyn hesitates, "...I don't know. I was taken in my sleep from my home in the Hawa Tribe."

"Well I guess that's a good place to start. Although I've never heard of the Hawa Tribe.." Suzette paused as she processed Rezzolyn's words. "It seems that you've come to me to help you escape?"

Rezzolyn's expression darkened, "That'd be nice. Hawa is separated from the Hwy by salt water. That's all I can tell you. I'm running low on magic. Now wake up. And remember me."

Suzette's eyes opened once more, but this time she was in her hut, with the familiar smell of baked beans and toasted bread. Breakfast was ready. She sat up in her bed, thinking about the dream she just had. Some of the details were hazy, but she somehow remembered a name clear as fresh water: "Rezzolyn". Whoever that Rezzolyn was, she left a mark on Suzette that she couldn't shake off. Her musings were interrupted by Journa jumping onto Suzette's shoulders.

"Food's ready, sleepyhead!" Journa exclaimed.

"I'll be there in a minute..." Suzette grumbled. She pushed her little sister off her back and proceeded to get dressed for breakfast. She'd have to talk to one of the elders as soon as possible.

Goetia

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 4th September 2018, 7:38 pm

Ascharya has returned to the hut, Rathis' assistance truly appreciated. The blindfold is off, still, but sight is still difficult. She takes a seat on the ground next to the girl that is struggling to sleep. She seems quite feverish as Rathis takes his place on the Shaman's other side. He sits behind her, facing her back and placing his hands on her shoulders. He must give her strength to do what comes next, as usual. Ascharya's head bows low as she sits cross-legged, deeply into the ground. She has already returned her blindfold and hood over her eyes and head and her pose seems like a deep stretch as she exhales slowly, letting her body relax.

She steadies her breathing, controlling it, focusing on a slow inhale and then a deep exhale. She waits, repeating this process over and over as she waits for Rathis' magic to finally find synergy with her once more. Finally, the magic just....clicks. There's almost an audible pop within the room and it feels good. Now fully relaxed, Ascharya enters into Nephanee's mind and finds herself within a rather stunning glade. The girl was alone...for now. She was facing away, looking at....something in the distance over the horizon. This place was a beautiful view, after all.

Ascharya made her way slowly toward Nephanee with a soft composure. She's still wearing her usual garb, but she can also control how she appears within this realm--the realm of dreams. She's made herself the same, but undamaged, fully able to see with both eyes as she had once been. All her scars were removed, all of the past erased from view. The only thing that she added was the mark of their Tribe--the mark of Cinema. It was never an official symbol, but one that Neph would be sure to recognize. She intended to be the first to speak, but Nephanee must have sensed her. She turns and Ashcarya holds her surprise within as best she can. Neph looks....mostly the same. Yet, her eyes are that of the dragon's that she just spoke to and that frightens her.

Peace. She was at peace in what seemed like an eternity. The pain in her body, her head, the nausea, the vertigo, the creepy landscapes... "That goat eyed fuck," she said aloud in a growl. Anger rose at the thought of that thing.

Her head jerked and she was suddenly aware of another presence. White hot anger rose in her. Who would dare?!

She turned, a spear in her hand that she didn't remember being there, to face the intruder. It was a woman, but she seemed familiar. Recognition crossed her features and her anger dimmed as she bowed her head in reverence. "Shaman Ascharya," she said respectfully. "Forgive me. I thought you were...someone else." Something else, more like.

"Ahan," Ascharya says, smiling, "Nothing to forgive. You are going through a terrible ordeal. It is reasonable to feel alert. Do you know why I am here?"

"I..." She hesitates, her surroundings falter for a moment. Her physical form resumes the damage she's accrued over the last day. "I'm cursed," she said. "This...is a...you're helping me cause I've 'Awakened.' Spirits alive..." She looked at the Shaman. "This is a dream, ain't it?"

The Shamari nods, "Of sorts. We're in your mind. I need to sustain your soul long enough to hold back the barrier poisoning. I cannot wrought your soul until you make your weapon and you need to be clear headed to do that. So, I'd like to work with you to make this happen. Do you think you can trust an old woman with your soul for a while?"

"Besides bein' a family friend," she began slowly, "I don't suppose I have much choice. I can't go dyin' and leave Granpa alone. I'm all'e gots. Not like he'd admit that..." She added under her breath.

Ascharya shifts all of her weight onto one leg, crossing her arms, "I understand. What comes next is...well, it is something that isn't well known within the community and I'd like it kept that way, if possible. It reveals things about me that shouldn't be wisely known. Do you think you can do that for me?"

"Lady, I ain't no blabbermouthin' snitch," she said hotly, then added penitnetly, "Ma'am."

"Good," Ascharya replies, "Now, let's get down to business. I'm going to be taking on the visions for you. A lot of things. It'll make me weak for a while. I can handle that, but we still need to figure out what you can handle. So....I'm going to take you to all of the realms. I'm going to show you some things of my own by pulling you into my mind, instead. It's a dangerous process and it will be strange and maybe a little terrifying, but I'll be here with you the whole time."

"We hafta?" she said, blood draining out of her face. "The colorful place...it's sick. We hafta go thur?"

"We'll be going through my memories, places I've been...so, yes. All of the realms, even the unpleasant one. Nothing can harm us through our memories, though. You'll be just fine."

Nephenee is silent, a struggle going on in her head. Pride welled up in her. She wasn't some wilting daisy. She wouldn't be able to look Granpa in the eye if she was caught hesitating. "You're bein' nice, so it's gonna be bad, but I ain't never backed down from nothin' and I ain't about ta start!" The spear was back in hand and she was wearing armor, pride in her eyes warring with fear.

Ascharya laughs, "Such spirit. Very well, let us begin. You'll feel disoriented, at first, maybe a bit of nausea. Afterwards, it'll be like nothing changed at all."

She holds out her hand for Nephenee to take, smiling at her reassuringly so that the journey into her own mind can begin. As the girl takes it, she begins to slowly tug, tug, tug, dragging her soul into her own mind of peace and inner strength. Her own place of comfort. She imagines it, eyes closed, letting the zone of comfort wash over her until she finds herself opening her eyes and ending up on top of a windy tower--a britemetal tower. Except that it isn't a tower, it's a bridge, massive and metal and wired at the top. There are dozens of rusted over britemetal structures below, people milling about...but the people are dressed as Ascharya. The way of Hwy.

Underneath the narrow, metal and black pathway, the ocean rests and the sun's light shine brightly against its surface. The wind is fierce and Ascharya's hood is knocked away. SHe isn't looking down, but up, at the sky, feeling the breeze and taking it in with an expression of contentment. This is her home, her place of safety. She sighs peacefully, still holding Neph's hand, but says nothing.

She shifted to another place. She smelled salty water and felt the breeze from it hit her. They were atop an ancient structure, one she'd never seen. Below it, water flowed, more water than she'd ever seen. The glare from the sun nearly blinded her and she shielded her eyes.

There were other people milling about below. They wore tribal symbols similar to the one she commonly saw on Acharya. The tribe she came from?

She waits in silence, taking in the scenery as her eyes adjust to the brightness, waiting for the Shamari to explain what happens next.

"This is a memory--the past." Ascharya says sadly, "On the day I managed to make it up here, I was a child. Just an...introduction to a different Corporea than the one you know. Warmer here, I'm sure you've noticed."

Ascharya's heart aches in her chest. This was the memory of my last day at home. Why do I miss anything from here? "I just wanted you to see something different. You'll see many bad things, Neph. You'll see banditry, murder, pillaging...but you'll see things and places like this, too. There's a good and a bad to every single realm. That is what is important to know here."

She listened, making a face for a moment, taking it all in. "Well, if'n ya say so," she said finally, trying to hide the doubt she felt. "Ya done lived a lot longer than I have, so you'd know, I guess..." She shrugged. "Welp. If'n we're gonna do this, let's do it. Ain't none of us gettin' any younger."

Ascharya's grip tightens upon Neph's hand and they are suddenly not where they were before. This is a new place, for certain--Mezzetez. The heat and ash is almost suffocating, when you aren't used to it. This isn't just anywhere within Mezzetez, however. This is the same mountain that they stood upon physically in Corporea, but this mountain was molten. Due to the height of the mountain, a thick fog of black smoke hid the ground view and in the distance, but a familiar cliff face can still be seen where a waterfall should be. Except that this one isn't a waterfall--it is a fall of pure, dark energy: Tenebris.

"Dark energy, the element of Mezzetez," Ashcarya, "Tenebris. You'll notice that the mountain is much larger here than it is within Corporea. That is because everything is larger here--wider, longer. We do not know why this realm is so much more vast in size and distance."

Neph blinked as her eyes were plunged into darkness. She broke into a fit of coughing as the air was suddenly thick with smoke. "Land sakes!" she groaned, her eyes watering as she scrubbed at them.

She found that they weren't in complete darkness as her eyes adjusted from the bright surroundings they'd left. She listened to the wise woman and took it all in. "Yeah. I seen this place--not this spot exactly, though. I think that goat fucker was from here." She looked over at her. "Why do the distances matter? People actually wanna travel this place...?"

"Yes. Not all travelers have great affinity with Leveates and travel with more ease through here. There are also valuable resources here. " Ascharya replies, "Hold steady, now."

They are suddenly upon the mountain once more, the realm shifting into another memory of Ascharya's--Leveates. Squinting her eyes, the Shaman is taken aback at the sudden onslaught of vibrant colors that threw themselves at her eyes, but after a few minutes, they did adjust. The mountain area around them seems significantly smaller, but the smaller shift of the 'water' fall is stunning, a cascade of shimmering light that almost appears like falling, glittering gemstones. The sky is a clear, velvet indigo and the sun is shining down with a golden circle around it, the warmth of its rays beating against their skin with welcome. The vibrations gone, Ascharya feels strange for having the sudden lack of them.

"Gah!" She covered her eyes as she was suddenly plunged into deathless brightness. She was rubbed her eyes as she waited for them to adjust. When she saw the place, she was awed for a second before the grizzly memory returned. "I done seen this place," she said grimly, feeling her stomach roil slightly. "It's a perfect example of 'all that shines ain't necessarily good ore.'"

"What happened here?" She asks.

"These...I don't know, they looked like what the stories describe...sprites? They looked all cute and everythin'...but what they were doin' was anythin' but. I don't know what they was evisceratin', and it was too shredded for anyone to ever be able ta." She shuddered at the memory. "They were just dancin' around it, shreddin' it more. Like it was a game! A fuckin' game!"

As they shift realms again, Archeron takes shape around them, giving the mountain a green mist where the mountain remains around the same size, but the rocks are different, the mountain is tilted. It looks strange, wilted. The 'waterfall' is no waterfall at all, but the echo of the water can be seen. It's as if the water were more clear, more empty. The orbs of souls that floated about in the distance seemed to fit well with the atmosphere that came with such strange sounds and a dark ambience.

Ascharya had said nothing in response, but to be fair, what could she have said to that? Nephenee still couldn't help but feeling a little disappointed; she wished something could make better that grisly image that still danced in her eyes. She sighed as they shifted again and...found themselves in a greenish world that was like some weird reflection of their world. Glowing orbs roamed all over in sporadic patterns. She went a little pale. "A-are those...ghosts...?" she said, trying not to sound as nervous as she suddenly felt.

"Of a sort," The Shamari replies, "The orbs are souls. When they take form and look human, or otherwise, then they are ghosts. Haunting."

Nephenee resisted the urge to shiver. "I-I see. That's...uh...nice. This place...it looks like home. Only greener...and...the water looks...hollow?" She wasn't exactly sure how to call it.

"Ahan," Ascharya confirms shortly, "These are the places you will see. So this is how this will go, Nephenee. I'm going to take on a lot of the barrier poisoning for you, myself. As it seeps into me, you will still see milder visions and realm transference, but it will be drastically decreased and less vivid. During this time, you must travel up the mountain and obtain the Exuma needed for your Soularm. You must also obtain any other materials personally. Obtaining the materials yourself is key. Once this is complete, I will wrought your soul. Do you have any questions?"

"Uh...?" Nephenee began, cocking an eyebrow. "Come again? Barrier poisonin'? Realm transference? And you want me goin' ta get Exuma ta what? Make a weapon?" This was the only thing that made sense to her as she was very well aware of her grandpa's glaive. "What am I s'posed ta make? And wha'cha mean 'wrought yer soul?'"

The Shamari sighs, shaking her head with disapproval, "That old fool taught you nothing, it would seem. Alright, I'll go over this with you..."

Ascharya went over the details of what it means to be a Magician, shifting over all of the relevant topics and answering any questions that the girl may have. She explains the Soularms, the Soul Wrought Ritual, and Exuma. She even goes so far as to give, in detail, the exact explanation of barrier poisoning and what it means to her. She's quite kind in her patience, but the irritation at the old man is still clearly there.

"He...uh...I think'e tried?" she said, oddly sheepish. "But...I was kinda fallin' in an' outta consciousness and seein' all this weird shit at tha time. Made it hard ta focus." She didn't like being caught with her pants down--or making it look like her grandpa had failed at somethin'. Family pride and all that.

She listened intently, asking questions as needed to get a grasp of it. It was all mighty thought provoking stuff that she had never considered or thought she'd have to outside of curiosity. "Alright," she said at the end. "I think I understand what I gotta do. All seems like mighty heavy work. Am I s'posed ta go naked or somethin' or am I allowed to bring materials?

"You take what you wish, just go alone. Though, you can be guided to the cavern's entrance. No need to worry--the people I brought with me will be your guides through the entire process, just as well." She replies.

She took a deep, steadying breath, then cracked her knuckles and gave the wise woman a defiant grin. "When do I begin?"

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 10th September 2018, 6:59 pm

Suitsue's morning started like any other: Filled with an imaginative breakfast as she scarfed it down before running out the door. She had wall duty and she was always late. Maybe she wouldn't be today! She jogged over to the wall with a beat in her heart, imagining music in her mind as she breathed heavily against her heart's racing. She imagined herself in battle, kicking ass and destroying creatures of all kinds as she made her way past the homes and wide open space between them and the wall. She can see Forte glaring at her in the distance. She smiles and waves at him sheepishly.

Forte's arms were crossed before his chest as she climbed the latter up to the wall's top, still breathing loudly from the morning jog while wishing she could take another bite from the squished bread still held within her left hand. She bent down, resting her free hand on her knee as she tried to catch her breath.

"You are barely fully dressed. That shirt under your bone is crooked." Forte says, shaking his head with displeasure. Points deducted for presentation upon arrival. Several more points deducted for being late. You were meant to be here at dawn, not after it."

"Awww, c'mon!" Suitsue whined, punching him in the arm before she took a bite of her bread. She then spoke with her mouth full, "Don't be such a sass. I'm here, aren't I? Where am I standing today?"

Forte scowled, "Placement fourteen. Don't forget the blind spot to your right on the farms. Fifteen and sixteen can't see it--only you can. Don't let it slip or it's on you."

"Aye," Suitsue said, boredom rising upon her lips teasingly before she winked at him, "I'll be off, then."

She saluted before she left, duty bound toward her destination along the wall's edge past the others that stood at their posts. She passed many, greeting some, ignoring others. Some she knew barely and some she knew very well. Most of them were just normal people, but a select few were magicians. Most magicians were Sentinels, after all. It was one of the best placements a magician could have.

Suitsue spent her morning watching, using her Sight to shift between realms as she watched the outer rim of the Tribe's boundaries with a wary, alert gaze. All she found were a few Renasole, though those weren't hostile and did not cross into Corporea. No threats to Cinema were found all morning.

It wasn't until almost noon that a few guests came to the Tribe gates. They were seen in the distance, walking slowly, non-threateningly. Watched carefully, many waited as they got closer and then they were eventually greeted with water and welcomes. The sigils upon their arms recognized them as Proxies, which are important diplomats within the Us Ro'da. The gates creaked open and they were allowed entrance.

Suitsue didn't pay much attention--diplomats generally bored her. They always talked politics or ritual traditions and all of that really stressed her, as well as sometimes flew way over her head for her tiny little brain. She simply did not have the patience for such things. She'd rather just do her daily job, get her daily trades for her father, and eat. Nothing made life more lucrative than food. The true sign of wealth, in her opinion.

Suitsue's daydreaming of great, badass battles were disrupted by Forte's voice once more. He had approached her suddenly and due to her lack of attention to anything within the wall or upon it, she jumped suddenly and her gaze shifted to him quickly before apologetically saluting him.

"Sorry, Forte. I was just focused in my Sight." Suitsue explained. A half truth.

"It's about time for your lunch break," Forte said, "So why don't you go and head there early? You can guide our visitors to Aero while you're on your way to the lunch tables."

Suitsue blinked, "...alright. I'll be back after lunch."

"On time for once, I hope." Forte sighs, "Unless you desire to be punished with latrine duty under Zahoet when he returns. I'll even be sure he works you hard for your transgressions against me, Suitsue. Don't play around."

"Ugh, I hear you." She left Forte at the wall with a scowl of her own after sticking her tongue out at him.

Suitsue greeted the diplomats with a salute and introduced herself cheerily before looking each of them over. They looked different, to be sure, but similar, too. None of them looked as exotic as her best friend or as the Shamari, but they did look strange, regardless. There were three in total, one of which was obviously a traveler.

After the introductions were complete, Suitsue politely guided them to Aerowyn, introducing them to her with the highest standard of which her abrasive behavior was capable, and then headed away from the group to obtain her own lunch. Nothing but relief and inner glee flooded into her as she separated ways, but she made sure to apologize to each of them for her ramblings and rambunctious behavior before she vanished.

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 12th September 2018, 5:49 pm

[ATTN: Chenoa, Haize, Inle, Shamblo, Stormy, and Zahoet. Location: Outside Stormy's home.]

Zahoet had thanked Stormy when he had brought out the tea and meat. He should have expected that Stormy wouldn't be alright with not offering some degree of hospitality. Though the meat had cooled by the time they had it, it wasn't unpleasant. IT also made sense the Stormy offered meat since he was a hunter, he'd be likely to have much more available on hand then would be found at a typical meal in the village proper.

Stormy seemed to be standing outside his home, clearly worried about what was going on inside even with his wooden expression. He was of course armed, though he wasn't yet in a battle pose but he wasn't lounging either. The man already was ready in case of attack, armed with what clearly was his soularm. The entire glaive, both the blade and shaft was crafted entirely from exuma. Where he had found so much to craft such a large piece was intriging, after all Stormy wasn't from the Us-Ro'da. Even in cinema such a large pi---

Ughhh, Zahoet? Old Man Thimbles voice caused Zahoet to stop and pay attention.

"What Great Father?" Zahoet head was turned so he was looking down at his soularm strapped to his back, his hand moving to rest fingers on the handle to make talking easier as well ready to draw.

My teeth are ringing. Thimble said as way of explaining, not that it did a good job of it.

What the hell does that even mean? Zahoet wondered, "Are you alright?"

The camp is otherwise calm, Chenoa, Haize, and Inle are currently asleep and the camp is for the most part silent in the early morning. There is a light breeze, and it is slightly overcast showing signs that is might rain later. No noise comes from the tent, where Nephenee is being tended by Rathis and Aesharya. However to the the magicians outside, the normally warm content feeling of being near their fellow magicians oddly feels to thrum when they focus on the tent, kind of like a faintly beating drum or heart on the edge of hearing. This faint heartbeat has only recently started, the ritual has begun. Now they must leave them to it and not disturb them. If they do, they might damage Nephenee. There is a chance that because she is supposedly so strongly attuned to the realms, that any disturbance could lead not to just injury but it could possibly kill her.

Shamblo said her thanks as Stormy brought the tea and meat. She could see the stress in the man's face. She couldn't imagine the insurmountable pain Stormy's been through, after how long she's known him. It was hard to look him straight in the eyes, but Shamblo gave a supporting grin. Despite not feeling hungry, she tore into a piece of meat and chased it down with some tea. The silence which had previously been settling turned to sobering.

Chenoa is fast asleep. She thinks she hears some voices at the edges of her dreams, but knows that Zahoet would not let anything happen to her. It was a long night and she is thankful for the rest.

Stormy eyed the young man in obvious communication with his soularm. Normally, he'd have let it be--a man's conversations with his other were his own business--but not tonight. "Something wrong?" he inquired, scanning the landscape.

"I'm not sure." Zahoet answered uncertain when Stormy inquired. "He's complaining about some pain."

I'm not complaining! And it's not my teeth but my bones! Thimble snapped angrily in Zahoet's head at the boy's disbelieving attitude.

"You don't have bones." Zahoet said matter of factly when Thimble started getting snappy.

I KNOW THAT! But it feels like that. No. More like just before you're struck by lightning.
The tingles, were your hair is all on end.

"I wouldn't know." Zahoet answered having never experienced that. Turning to look back at Stormy he tries to explain as his soularm keeps trying to explain in his head, even if he seems to be a bit rambling. "He's saying it feels like when you're fi--

There is the faintest hum on the edge of hearing just before the ground around them starts to be peppered with bullets. Tufts of dirt and debris exploding from the impacts that seem to be coming from above them.

Above them far in the air, outside of crossbow range is some sort of unknown britemetal creature. Looking like some sort of flying crab or bat with aurora like patterns around the metal structures on it's back.
Spoiler:

Suddenly under attack, Zahoet's training kicks in and he does the first thing one would do if under attack from crossbows. Draw his soularm, and get ready to throw up a defense after jumping out of the way. Thimble is yelling that they are under attack in his head, and yelling at Zahoet to shield the others. "Yes!" He said acknowledging his orders. Thimble way out classed him in experience. Zahoet dashed over to the startled Chenoa and swinging his soularm in an arc, threw up a thick igloo like structure of mud over them as he kept adding to it's inner thickness as much as he could till it was a couple feet thick. In his panic he didn't made the structure big enough to shield the other Sentinels nor was he close enough to have gotten anyone else unless they had been near Chenoa before he threw himself next to her.

Check the others!

"Chenoa you ok? We're under attack. I've gotta check on the others" The mud-igloo was pretty cramped only a meter and a half of room, but he was able to extend a foot to one edge, and push his soul arm through the mud on the other side as he shifted the mud to make two small windows to shout out of. "Sounding off, Alive."

It had been years since he'd experienced an aerial attack, but the instincts kicked in as though they'd never left, and he leapt behind the tree he's been leaning on for cover. "Find cover!" he called to the others. "Defensive positions! Locate the threat!" He focused his magic and spread his aura out, boosting the others so that they might move faster--and survive the damage in the event they were hit.

Chenoa was startled awake by the sound of something hitting the ground. She sits up and arms her weapon immediately. Zahoet is soon at her side building a barrier made of earth. She breathes sharply. “I am alright, thank you. Did you see what was attacking us? Was it one of the silver creatures?” She does not look out the holes he made in the barrier to call out to the others.

The quiet moment was disturbed by the sound of gunfire and bullets pitting the earth. Shamblo instantly reacted by diving to her students and throwing up a thick wall of tar in a matter of seconds. "Wake up! We've got hostiles inbound!"

Haize and Inle both squirmed out of their slumber, not yet cognizant of the relative danger.

There was a change that was hard to describe, like the world was just a bit slower and he didn't notice his aches and pains quite as much. Zahoet had to shift his attention away from figuring it out as he had to focus on the shelter to shift the mud to keep it from bowing inward on top of them as it had started to.

The moment didn't escape Old Man Thimble, That is Stormy's aura. . Since he was sticking out of the structure, he recconed quickly. The Chief protected the other sentinals. Stormy is hiding behind a tree...-

Zahoe was adding to and shifting the mud upward, causing the structure to ripple and move to Chenoa and he could get up. He had shifted closer to one of the holes and started widening to a door while Thimble kept on relaying information as the Britemetal creature kept spraying bullets at both the mud and tar defenses they had erected.

[i]- It's in the air. You'll never reach it. You can only defend the others.
Thimble revealed. There was a split second lull of one of the firing arms as it audibly clicked. The other however turned to start spraying bullets towards Stormy's position close to the house starting to tear through the higher branches and occasionally edge of the house. The creature moving across the sky to flush Stormy out and get a better firing angle until more targets present themselves. I've got a plan.

He had finished packing much of the mud structure so it could more or less hold itself up. "Crazy Ol' Man. She - I - fine. Chenoa, I'm gonna need you to take the Old Man and do something crazy." Zahoet loosened his hand so his soularm dipped towards the floor, and he could extend the hilt out to his friend while he still maintained contact with it by dangling it by having it hooked at the handguard.

Haize and Inle both slowly rose up from the ground until they felt the warmth from Shamblo's tar wall. Both had a shocked expression when the reality of the situation hit them.

"What's happening!?" Inle shouted.

"We're under fire from an enemy that got the drop on us. Somewhere above us. Possibly a metal bird. Inle, I want eyes on that enemy!!" Shamblo ordered. Inle immediately kneeled down and pulled her bandana over her eyes. She placed her hands on her lap, trying to calmly focus on her ability. Soon afterwards a thin rift opened in the air, as if space itself had been torn open.

The rift widened into the shape of an eye, and within the dark void appeared a blue eyeball with a violet iris. The rift and eyeball together were about the size of an adult's head. The rift-eye floated up above the tar wall with the eyeball inside pivoting around, looking for the target. It eventually spotted the britemetal creature up in the air.

"It's a flying britemetal! Very high up! Too high for ranged weaponry!" Inle reported.

Chenoa’s eyes widen as she hears the attacks on the mud. “What is that thing out there.” She looks at Zahoet knows that he and the soul arm are having a conversation. She bites her lips internally she is scared. She never should have come here. She is not even a magician. She hears him offering her Thimble. She looks down at it and up at Zahoet raising her eyebrow. Then down at Thimble. “I don’t have any experience with active soul arms. Even my dagger is considered a haunted one.” Then slowly she takes the hilt.

The feeling she gets once she holds it is indescribable. Totally unlike her dagger. This weapon feels alive. A warm feeling rushes over her as well, like there is someone or something protecting her. She looks up at Zahoet and smirks. “I never thought you cared." She swallows her fear as best she can and looks at him. "Do you have any idea how to beat that thing?”

White-hot wrath filled him as he saw bullets hit the house, but whereas others lost it, his anger focused him. He needed to get away from his current position. He was going to rip that thing out of the sky, then rip its bones while it was still alive. Taking in his position relative to the others with quick glances in between the others and listening to their intel, he quickly switched his aura to speed himself up and dove for Zahoet's wall, rolling to his feet smoothly as he hit the ground in a tumble. As soon as he was in, he once more switched his aura to keep the others aided.

With the intel Inle was relaying, Stormy growled. "I have three bowcasters in my armory, but it's on the other side of the cabin...!"

Chenoa teasing him at least boded better that the worst case scenario, but the way her voice asked if he could beat it belied the fact that she was still afraid. "No." Zahoet said somewhat irritated, and he probably would have been scolded by Thimble if he had continued to hold onto him when Chenoa took his soularm. Stormy suddenly warrior tumbled into the mud bunker, the movement still perfect despite his age. "Perfect." The remark not holding anything but genuine relief at Stormy suddenly joining them.

"Now that your here, I can get to work protecting your home Stormy." Zahoet said looking at the Veteran, "Once I explain it to Chenoa, we'll need a distraction." He was pretty sure that Stormy would agree since it would protect his Granddaughter.

"OK, quick and simple." He looked at his best friend, who had his soularm in her hand. It still made him uncomfortable to have anyone else holding Thimble but it was the Ol' Man's plan after all. "You are gonna dart to that area by Stormy's home." He pointed to the closest area that he could see, then pointed off to the side. "While I run to the other side. When you get there, put your back against the wall and hold Thimble out as far as you can and don't fight him. I'll conjure a bunker like this around Stormy's house from both points. You have to make it or I'll crush the building, I need both points to make it stable."

Seeing how uncomfortable she was, he calmed his voice away from the more fierce one he had adopted while explaining. "Don't worry, once you're in place I'll be summoning mud to protect us. You can do this." He put his hand on Chenoa's shoulder to reassure her, while shifting to look back at Stormy.

"Leave protecting them to us. Can you distract it so we can make it?" His tone returning to a more determined and focused one as bullets kept making wet pattering sounds as they sunk into the mud above them.

Chenoa’s thoughts are interrupted as they are joined by an older man. He seems to be a warrior. She listens to Zahoet’s plan. “Go to the corner and hold out Thimble so you can do your magic. And no matter what keep him steady.” She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Her head nods. “I will do my best Zahoet, just let me know when you two are ready.” She looks at the older man. “Thank you for providing the distraction.”

Member Claims: Gateway Bot, MethosArchaic, Pachirisu71
OC Claims: Kydoimos from The Umbrella Colony
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki on 1st October 2018, 11:16 pm

[Attn: Closed] This be a collab between muhself and Methossss arrrrrg! PD

"It's sad to be this young and have this hell feel almost as familiar as home..." Kokola sighs, looking at the rocky lava strewn.... rocks in front of them.... they were too pitiful to even be called hills. At least her magic felt plentiful enough here... not as much as corporea but she didn't feel as weak as she did in the other realms anyway.

"Hmm..." she mutters quietly and listens intently to her surroundings, it was only minutes ago now they had taken down one beast here, although fortunately nothing big that would draw attention, unfortunately though there was never time here to relax. It was best she kept her mouth shut, but every once in a while she felt the need to comment just because someone else was actually there with her.

While she did escort people, they usually expected some exchange of words now and then, although usually she stuck to the business and nothing unnecessary. Why she felt the need to tell this woman anything about herself, well, she wasn't even sure about.... but the woman may have been even more serious in some ways than she was... which was somewhat odd, when she thought about it... she was usually the one having to call people down for being noisy and here she was, speaking about something so nonchalantly. Best let that thought go now... I need to focus and we need to keep moving... this woman has barely spoken the whole trip so far and me trying to ease the tension really doesn't seem like something she needs... she's clearly more experienced than me by years and years... I'm actually kind of jealous... she's really talented...

Kemshara stepped around the scrubby bush with it's long razor sharp finger length thorns, pausing for a second to notice the slightest bit of fur clinging to it. Her and Kokola were still on the right path after those that had attacked them and killed the two of the three other guards that had been protecting them. Formar and Telt had both been well trained but the attackers had come in the middle of the night and ambushed them well, but not with loosing a few of their members. Kemshara had ordered Well, the youngest of the group to take Formar and Telt's bodies back to the Plaza. The task would be a valuable life experience for the young man.

Kemshara and Kokola had little time to assist as they had chased after the attackers into Mezzetez and after a few hours of tracking had managed to attack and kill their traveler. The traveler had stalled long enough for the other two surviving bandits to get away, but now there was a chance that Kemshara and Kokola might be getting closer to their prey. If they didn't get their chance in the next few hours, then they would have little choice but to return to Corporea and resting. They'd already been awake for over a day.

Aside from her exuma boomerang, she carried numerous other weapons about her freakishly short frame. Even Kokola, who was fairly average had almost a foot of height compared to Kemshara. That difference in height still in no way made her seem childlike, after all she was stocky and in her early fifties. She could tell though that the silence was starting to get at her... escort. That rankled slightly, given that her escort was over a decade younger than her. Reaching to her belt she slowly undid a toggle of a pouch and withdrew a leather covered bronze canteen. Lowering the scarf covering her mouth, Kemshara sipped from the canteen before handing it to Kokola. The heat here would continue to wear them down, and damage their lungs if they weren't careful.

Kokola could feel the fatigue finally setting in. She had been running on adrenaline for hours now, and the heat was really beginning to get to her. While it wasn't like she hadn't lost people in treks like this and should have expected as much, the lack of sleep was definitely getting to her, it wasn't as if mezzettez was easy for even the most accustomed to it to go through regularly...

She gladly accepted the canteen from her silent companion and said nothing more... It was just the two of them now, they had to be extra careful... and she had to keep focus...

She handed the canteen back and continued on. The path ahead was a bit of a climb, but there fortunately weren't to many crevasses that their prey could reasonably hide here... well, on this side, at least, what was to come on the other side of the hill was yet to be seen, but they were close, anyway.

Kokola moved up the hill relentlessly, not losing her pace yet making sure not to place a hand or foot anywhere too close to molten rock... catching fire not only takes away from ones functionality but it would additionally be a bit hard to get the drop on the enemy that way... even if she were a fire mage... although being a fire mage here could be nice... she navigated the rock front quickly and silently, barely looking behind her. Knowing how Kemshara had been so far, it was more likely she would be ahead soon anyway... she was nimble for an old lady...
It wasn't long before they reached the top of the hill, just to see... great... a big valley, largly filled with lots of little lava pits and crevasses everywhere... she only hoped they weren't full on tunnels, this shit was going to be hell enough to go through as it is... and this wasn't always the easiest place to track someone in the first place... she stopped for a moment to look around and looked to see what Kemshara was doing... she was hoping she had a suggestion but wasn't sure what to expect now...

On the way up the hill Kemshara had let Kokola go first just to pay closer attention to her and look for signs of exhaustion. The fact that there were signs was to be expected, they hadn't exactly come completely prepared for a long trek in Mezzetez. She took one last sip on the canteen while spending a second to look around before stowing it back away and catching back up to her companion. Even with her gloves on, she could tell that she would have to replace them and possibly her boots as well when she got the next chance due to the heat of some of the areas they had climbed. It turned out that she too had shared the same thoughts about fire elementalists, though magma and a few other psuedo-magicians could travel here much more comfortably than most.

Cresting the rise, she glanced out into the valley below. The continued bleakness, and the increased lava pits pointed to this being a more active area then they had been through recently. She reached into a different pouch and removed a small telescope. It was fairly rare to acquire clear enough quartz to make one, and the discs in this one had been acquired here in Mezzetez. Even though it worked rather poorly in this particular realm due to how miserably little light there was, she did use it to look at some of the brighter areas.
Found you. She thought noticing the flicker of shadows and then reflected gleam off a temporarily exposed bronze shield from under the cloak that was hiding it. Taking the telescope from her eye, she handed it to Kokola. Kemshara then placed her hand on the girls shoulder, and brought her mouth close to whisper directly into her ear. "There.", her hand extended to point in the right direction, "Beside the lava spring, five or ten paces downstream by the twin spear point rock."  She waited for the girl to find them, it might take a minute to get used to the device, the dim light, and the few imperfections of the crystal lenses. In the mean time she looked for the safest way down she could from here.

Kokola took the telescope and looked it up and down a bit before looking through it, squinting a bit to see better. She had seen one before but never really had gotten to use one... she always wished she could have one though. Maybe with her warping it could help her scope her opponents in greater detail and maybe get more precise throws in... but mostly the draw to it was because of how much it could help her scout quite a lot better... she would have to remember to ask Kemshara about how she might acquire one later.

After getting her eyes used to looking through for a brief moment, she spotted the shield as well, although it seemed to be on the move, she wondered if they were noticed, they were at the top of a pretty great hill, but there were a few rocks going down the hill that could easily obscure someone's view below.

"Got it," Kokola replied, handing the scope back, "I don't believe we've been noticed yet, but we can't afford to lose him... luckily it seems there's not too far he can get out of complete eye shot from here.... of course once we get down there, it could be a different story... I can use my warp to get down more quickly and safely, but I run a risk of loosing the weapon if I miss my aim with all the pits.... I wonder if perhaps we cold use those pools down there to our advantage? Then again, that could kill not only him, but anything useful he may have on hand..." She scanned directly below them for paths... there weren't many that she could really call "safe" but there was one that at least looked somewhat sturdy, but it was narrow, and certain parts weren't the best hidden...
"That path there," she pointed. "It's not the best for stealth, but it would be the easiest to traverse, I believe... and we could stand to conserve our energy in case, plus the lava pools aren't around as much until we get to the bottom there... what do you think?"

Taking back her telescope, she listened to Kokola's thoughts while stowing  her scope back away. The first thing that Kemshara noticed is that Kokola only seemed to have seen the man with the shield. It made her pull out her scope again and take another look while she listened. At least she seemed to be keeping her voice down, though here in Mezzetez it seemed to carry at times. Giving up on finding the two of them in this abysmal lighting she placed her hand over Kokola's weapon hand and shook her head. "No warping." Her voice quiet but her eyes conveying a both an order and chastisement. "Not until we get closer, the sound will carry."

Kemshara patted Kokola's hand as she let the moment pass and to let the girl know she wasn't angry at her. "I agree, that path is our only option. Let's close the distance then." With that Kemshara started down the path. The best lighting for them to be spotted was near the lava pools or near a spitfire vent, and conserving stamina for the fight was the best option. Even if they were spotted, then it was likely they would flee or maybe split up. It was also likely that the two bandits were in worse shape then either of their pursuers since they seemed to be ordinary humans. Travelers were trained for long distances as well as endurance, coupled with a traveler's long forays into other realms, it was unlikely Kokola or Kemshara would be the ones to give out first. It didn't make the whole mess more enjoyable, these two bandits had given them a good run for their money. That was coming to a close soon though. Kemshara made a mental note to apologize later for getting a bit snappy earlier, she'd make sure to let the girl know what she had done right and wrong on the journey so Kokola knew there was no hard feelings and so the girl could improve.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way down was still treacherous, but they had made it to the more flat areas near the bottom of the valley. Nothing had pulled them into holes or jumped out at them. Here in the bottom of the valley, the settled ash allowed them to easily follow the bandits' foot prints. Good, they are still together. Kemshara thought noticing the two pairs of tracks side by side. Judging by the haphazardness of one particular spot, one of them seemed to already be succumbing to heat fatigue. The steps had swayed, and a messed up area were one had fallen or tried to rest before the other had doubled back to drag them back to their feet before carrying on was a good sign. Kemshara didn't have to point it out, after all her own body language and the momentary pause at the sight to investigate had cued Kokola onto it.

She pulled out her canteen again, and opened a different pouch to pull out one and then another short scarf. Kemshara wetted the first, then handed it to Kokola. "Wrap your neck. Against the skin." Kemshara whispered while spending the last of the water to barely dampen hers. There just wasn't enough left but it was better than nothing. She put the canteen away then loosened the wraps around her neck to slip this one in to help cool down her head. Her's didn't do much, but once they started fighting it would provide the tiniest help to keep the blood in their heads from rising dangerously.
She wasn't even finished tucking it into place before a scream ripped through the air shattering the silence. Somewhere ahead a second voice yelled out to help their friend. The faint glow briefly lighting up ahead, before it went back out as the Geist trying to suck the soul out of the first bandit had been interrupted by the second. The Geist's banshee like moan of pain lifted into the air, and others answered it. Kemshara was able to find a few of the pure white abominations, quite a few coming out from caves and pits back up the rise and higher in the hills to come get the prey.

"Shit. We've got to get one of them before the Geist kill em and us. It's Go-Time." Kemshara said summoning her soul arm, a solid exuma boomerang into her hand. It glowed faintly like it was carved from moonlight, and was almost as fleetingly transparent. Even sprinting she would make it for more than a few minutes, but that gave her plenty of time to draw her lighter one-handed ropecaster from her hip and release the safety. Kokola had quickly outpaced Kemshara with her longer legs, and it was fine if she got first blood. Being a glory hog was for the young, then again there would be plenty of foes it to go around.

Where it seemed before like the heat had sucked all but the last of her remaining energy, the cool wet of the towel and the scream of the admittedly creepy geists spiked Kokola's adrenaline.... It was like her survival instinct had kicked in again.... she wasted no time, not only could they easily be soon surrounded by the others emerging, but she had a life to save, albeit one somewhat on the worthless side...
Knowing Kemshara would probably either be flanking from the back, or following up to her attack soon enough, she quickly scrambled onto a higher point... a small rock spire jutting out at an angle, just big enough to serve as a ramp for her to run up and jump from, after which she could get enough of a higher angle  to approach the geist from.

Not stopping for a second, she saw the geist in full view as she jumped the top of the spire, her soularm appearing in a fizzy wave of red and black, which she launched at the side of the creature almost as quickly as she had summoned it. She could see now that the geist already had it's long slender fingers wrapped around one of the exhausted bandits as he focused on the other bandit in front of him, who had seemingly just missed one of the geist's arms with his sword. It was a good distraction for Kokola, at least for this hit, but luckily geists were slow enough in a fight that if Kokola could take out an arm or two, maybe they could get out of there before this guy called his friends. She knew Kemshara would likely be able to make her approach while she distracted it in turn. Hopefully that way it would go down in a matter of seconds.

Her soul arm landed in the side of the beast, not an arm like she wanted, and Kokola appeared with it, startling both the geist and the bandit in front of it.
Kokola quickly ripped the weapon from it's side as quickly as she could jerk it from it's wiry body, not stopping before aiming for it's closest leg....

Entering range Kemshara fired her ropecaster, continuing to hold down the trigger so the rope freely unspooled after the flying bolt until it sunk into the Geist's side. She then threw her boomerang over the geist, her body transforming into a swarm of moth's that chased after it. The rope from her tripcaster trailing after the swarm of moths over the geist. The swarm caught up to the boomerang and Kemshara materialized to catch it in her hand before landing a slight distance away, clearly having completed a warp strike without having struck anything at all, something that normally wasn't possible. She pointed the ropecaster at the ground, fired the other bolt to tether the creature and using the hand with her soularm, released the latch to free the clip from the weapon.

Kokola struck the creatures leg, knocking it off balance as Kemshara reloaded. "Another leg girl!" Kemshara ordered as she fired at the Geist like before from this side. "And you two!" Kemshara said pointing a finger at the bandits "You better surrender -" Her voice cut off as she threw her soularm again, repeating the process like before. "- or we'll leave you to them!" Kemshara finished her sentence as she reappeared closer to where she had fired the first time. She pulled the line taut to foul up the geist's movements until Kokola took the chance to take out another leg and ground it before Kemshara could anchor it and let the girl deliver the finishing blow to an immobilized Mezzspawn. "You best hurry up and make up your minds!"

The closest of the closing Geists made it to them and tried to pounce at her but she rolled sideways to dodge it. The things were obscenely fast runners and crazy good at leaping, the other dozen or so would be joining in in no more than a minute. Stupid Mezzspawn could nimbly scutter across uneven ground without slowing.

Kokola spun around twirling her weapon over her shoulder in one sweep to knock out the leg across from her and spin out of the way at the same time. Then she looked up, trying to see where Kemshara was... the first time seeing her grab that boomerang before landing really caught her off guard but she didn't have time to think on it.... She should have known, Kemshara was more than handling this... It was almost like Kokola was being escorted herself than this diplomat being escorted by her... insane.... she shook the thought off, quickly looking towards the bandits and throwing her weapon in their direction without hesitation... the two screamed and crouched as the weapon soared just above their heads.

"Decide NOW" Kokola said from behind them, pulling her spear from  a geist's forehead as it fell limp over the rock behind her. "...or would you like to die right here?"

The bandit who had part of his soul ripped out by the Geist groaned which really wasn't much in the way of an answer. The other bandit however looked at the oncoming Geist like he needed to make up his mind. Kemshara threw her soularm and used her warp strike to smash her knee into the nearest Geist's head, stunning it long enough for her to land and shoot it in the chest with her ropecaster. Her sudden appearance lured the Geist's to her and she narrowly avoided them by throwing her soularm into the air and transforming into a flurry of moths that trailed after it. It arced back towards the ground, and appeared grabbing it as it did.

"We only need one of them Kokola." Kemshara said making a callous point as she shot her second shot into a different Geist to tangle them up and slow them down. Another Geist tried to grab her with his front hands, she slapped it aside with her soul arm while tucking out of the way and returning her ropecaster to it's holder on her back. One of the numerous Geist jumped and pounced one of it's comrades as Kemshara narrowly dodged with another warp strike to the side, which she turned into a baseball slide and used her feet to knock out a different Geist's leg.

"Shout when your ready to pop up back to Corporea." Telling the girl that she would make the time Kokola needed didn't really need to be said, he actions made a pretty clear picture. She had drawn one of her shaft-maces and busted a kneecap with it.

"Me! Me! Take me!" He said chomping at the bit and trying to grab at Kokola. His friend still hadn't completely recovered, still having difficulty speaking. It wasn't clear if it was just from the Geist damaging his soul earlier or if it was some sort of injury.

Kokola spun her soul arm above her head to where she could place the blade of it into the ground as yet another geist came bounding over one of the ledges over to the left of them only to be skewered by her spear end. She kicked the geist to the side and pulled with a fair amount of strength to recover it from it's body and spun quickly, choking down closer to the spear end to swing the hooked end over her head (to miss the bandits) straight into another geist head. "Wow, I am really KILLING IT with these head shots today... that couldn't have gone better"

Quickly spinning to look to Kemshara and nodding, she shouted "Ready when you are!" as her soul arm started to ooze it's fizzy red and black aura. Walking up just between the two bandits as she focused, she quickly drew a seemingly flawless horizontal slice in the air, followed by a zig-zagging return motion across the  bubbly aura that had just appeared in it's wake. Her soul arm then vanished in the aura in the shape of a shark's fin diving under and she looked at from one bandit to the other for a moment, then looking back up to Kemshara and more geists that were surrounding them. "Just one? Ugh, now I feel sorry for this maybe part soulless one... ancients..." She then pulled the two of them both to her with each arm and flung the stunned one over her shoulder, keeping hold of the other with her arm. "We're going, Kemshara!" she shouted to her and jumped towards the now opening, shark-like maw that had opened to reveal a portal. She only hoped that Kemshara was close behind.

Even busy with dodging and beating up Geist, Kemshara heard Kokola leaving. Stuck in the middle of a Geist swarm was annoying, but Kemshara threw her soularm in an upwards toss as she turned into the swarm of moths that trailed after it as it arched back down towards Kokola's portal. Appearing to catch her soularm just before it struck the ground, Kemshara wiggled her fingers that clenched her mace at them dismissively. "Bye babies!" She laughed as she quickly stepped threw the portal that Kokola made. There was a bit of a fizzy sweetness that tickled the nose  and ears, but it was one of the more pleasant portals she had been through.

"You can - odd." Kemshara said noticing the Geist stopping their pursuit and looking around a bit frantically back the way she had come. They looked once again at their prey through the portal, as if contemplating making a useless rush for them. Again though, something startled them, and the Geist decided to scatter like a bunch of mice spotting a cat. "Go ahead and close it." Whatever it was, it wasn't all that important right now. She slipped her shaft-mace back into it's holder and drew a long slender knife with a bit of a flourish. "Seem's we got out before something bigger and nastier showed up. Plenty of that shit in Messetez."

"As for you two shits." She leveled the dagger towards the bandits making it clear who she was talking to. "I've done run out of fucks to give so you better behave, or I'm gonna make sure to take all the fucks you will ever give right the Mezz away from you." She said letting the point of the dagger lower down to their groins to make the threat pointedly clear. "Good, now sit your asses down."

As the Bandits went to obey the order or risk Kemshara acquiring two new coin purses, she called over to her escort to ask her for a favor. "Kokola grab the rope out of my pack and tie them up, make sure they can walk."

Last edited by RadioTanuki on 4th October 2018, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 3rd October 2018, 1:58 pm

{Attn: all at battle site} Part 1 of 2

Shamblo continued resupplying her wall with tar, trying to come up with a plan. The strain of her continued use of magic was growing apparent, but still manageable. While Inle kept an eye on the creature, Haize was itching for something to do. He looked to Shamblo with a waiting gaze. Shamblo could read Haize's impatience, but she wasn't sure what to do with the kid. That is, until Stormy called out that he had bowcasters behind the house.

Shamblo met Haize's gaze and gave him his order. "Haize, I want you to go invis and guide Stormy to his bowcasters, then bring them over to Zahoet's cover. Understood?"

"Crystal!" Haize shouted before disappearing from view. He darted to the trio behind the mud wall, taking a chance to look at the brightmetal firing upon them. Once he was behind the wall's safety, he came out of invisibility.

"Shamblo ordered me to take Stormy to the bowcasters and bring 'em here. Don't worry, anyone I touch also turns invisible."

Meanwhile, the creature kept up the volley, but as soon as it spotted Inle's void eye, it immediately turned its fire upon the object, tearing it out of existence. Inle jumped and shuddered, putting one hand over her covered eyes. Thankfully, she didn't receive any pain from it.

The Shamari sleepily pulled herself from Neph, separating herself from the girl with a mild struggle. It was harder than usual, this time, all thanks to Loreland. She collapsed to the floor, recognizing the feel of a certain fox companion near her toy hung her face. She smiled, but she could hear the alarm around her, as well. Rathis was already moving.

"Help them." Ascharya said, though she knew he didn't need commanding.

Rathis nodded his head, leaving the old woman on the floor to recover. His magic hums in his heart, "I'll join them outside and help with whatever is going on. Just please stay inside."

He exited the hut to find a mess and he sighed. What manner of magicians were chosen to protect the Shamari on this day? It made very little sense.

When Haize suddenly appeared out of nowhere Zahoet was glad that he had just handed over his soularm to Chenoa, otherwise his reflexes might have caused him to attack Haize accidently rather than try to make a grab for Thimble. However because of Haize, Zahoet was looking out the doorway and at the hut when Rathis made it that moment to come out of Stormy's hut.

"GO! NOW!" Zahoet said pushing past Haize and running to Rathis while throwing up mud to start forming the barrier to shield them and the house just as the Britemetal creature opening full fire on that location. Thanks to Stormy's magic he was just fast enough to slow down the bullets that hit the newer barrier, that they did little damage to Rathis or himself, a few making shallow wounds on both of them before the mud thickened enough to cause them to just barely ooze through it, before they stopped all together coming through.

Having already devoted several precious seconds to shielding Rathis and himself, he hoped Chenoa was already in place. Pulling off his poncho he tossed it aside to expose as much of his skin as possible, as mud started to pour from his body in a wave. Focusing through the pouring mud, he started shaping it around and up the building till it would eventually join, hopefully with the mud that Thimble would produce if Chenoa had gotten him into place. "Sorry Sir, if you need out let me know and I can make a hole."

Haize wasn't surprised to see Zahoet startled by his appearance. But he was taken aback by the young man's direct orders. He didn't think a non-sentinel would be so focused under pressure. "Alright, then. Let's go, sir!" Haize reached for Stormy's shoulder and activated his magic, turning them both invisible. Before taking Stormy to the hut, Haize looked to Chenoa. "Oh, and you could use this too." He patted her on the shoulder, turning her invisible as well.

Chenoa jumps slightly when Haize suddenly appears out of nowhere. She feels him touch her shoulder, then she takes off. She races to the location, surprised that the britemetal was not attacking her. As soon as she was there she holds out Thimble. Mud starts to pour out of it like water. He makes a protective shield around her first, and just in time. She can hear the projectiles from the britemetal hitting it. She closes her eyes as the mud keeps pouring out higher and higher. Are they planning in encasing the whole house in mud? Is Zahoet’s magic that powerful? She has never seen him do this before. She takes controlled breaths to help calm her racing heart down.

Her mind goes back to when she was with her parents. Then too she was hidden from the creatures that attacked them. It wasn’t mud that protected her that time, but another barrier. The sounds are not the exact same but are very similar to that attack. She wants to do more to help them, but knows her glaive will not harm the britemetal.

She awoke, her body aching. "Fuck," she said with a grimace, "what...?"

It had all seemed a fever dream, but she remembered. She glared at the ceiling. "Why in tarnation are their holes in my ceilin'?! Gran'paaaaaaaaaa!"

She suddenly went silent as she heard the distinct sound of projectiles slamming into the ground outside. "Damnation!" she roared as she leapt to the floor, crawling toward the window to find out what was going on.

It was the weirdest shit. There were walls of mud outside her home with walls so high it was enclosing the house. Something flashed in the sky, something made of britemetal. Immediately, she took a flying leap away from the window. No sooner had she then she heard projectiles slam through the window where she'd been. Her face darkened. She would defend her home. Where would... "The armory!" She shot after where she knew her grandfather would go in this situation.

Stormy nodded. "You fucks try not to die while we're away!" he roared as he slipped away with Haize. There was a useful lad.

He led the boy behind his house where as large shed was. Here was where he kept the lion's share of armor and weapons that didn't necessarily get constant use. Of them, the ropecasters.

Chenoa becomes visible as she continues to hold onto Thimble and keep him steady as both It and Zahoet continue to pour out mud, adding to and molding the wall. The whole mud wall moves and wiggles much like a potter spinning a pot, drops of muddy water and mud dripping down on those not inside the house. Rathis is there when Nephenee attempts to leave the house only to be greeted by the encapsulating barrier of mud. Rather surprised that the girl can move at all after the sealing ritual, instead of telling her to go back inside he chooses to look the one controlling the barrier. "What's the plan?" They really should have gotten better guards for this.

Even with much of his attention diverted to controlling such a large amount of mud and keeping it from collapsing, Zahoet answers Rathis. "We're shielding the house while the Sentinels figure out a way to bring down the flying Britemetal. A n-new bre-e-ed." His teeth chattering as creating so much mud is pulling the heat from his body. There is very little of Zahoet that can be seen aside from his head, as mud seems to be oozing out of him like a earthen geyser. "St-sta-stormy is h-head-ed to the arm-ory."

Rathis rubs his chin in thought. What to do to help outside, that was the current question. The sentinels needed a way to bring down the Britemetal creature so what they needed was something to attack it in the air. Thanks to the mud he couldn't see what spirits where outside, but he could remember them clearly enough from when he and Ascharya had climbed up to the cave where the dragon had been. Momentarily corporealizing the dragon had been tiring but it wouldn't be a problem anyway as giving flesh to so many smaller weaker spirits after resting would be simple. "Give me an opening to look out of."

Accommodating Rathis' request was easier said than done. The entire structure seemed to wobble for a second, parts sinking inward before pushing back out. "I've got it!" Zahoet shouted as he adjusted the mud to open a small peek hole and stabilized the mud again. This was an insane amount of mud he and Thimble were managing, if he was being honest with himself, it likely was towards his upper limit. Now that he had made it, he didn't have much choice but to hold it.

The window that Zahoet had made looked more like someone had bored through half a dozen feet of mud and made a hole the size of a decently sized bucket. It didn't offer a very good view, but Rathis already knew that the spirits he needed were out there anyway. Sticking his arm into the hole to reach as close to the outside as possible Rathis extended his will outward calling to the spirits. Feeling the connection form, their startled yet answering thoughts bridging the divide. They drew closer, lured like flies to honey. "With my breath I grant you life." Rathis exhaled, a green white glowing wind leaving his mouth as he exhaled inhumanly long. The wind rushed outwards, spiraling, twisting and snaking to the spirits outside. The wind wrapping around the long deceased reptilian bird-like creatures, as it remade them from the inside out. The Britemetal shot at a few of the forming creatures but it did little more than blow apart a few of them and in the span of a couple seconds the swarm of dimorphodons were already formed.

"Attack it." Rathis commanded, and with the glowing eyes of the deceased they obeyed eagerly.

While they couldn't really harm the Britemetal, they did harry it aggressively. The metal monster unable to really do much to fight them, it kept bobbing and weaving to attempt to get away from them. It hadn't yet realized that they posed no real threat to it, but the ancient creatures did cause it to fly erratically as they tried to bite and claw at it like a group of angry prehistoric flying piranhas. The Britemetal creature occasionally firing bursts of gunfire blindly trying to kill a few of them as it, while slowly being harried down closer to the ground.

Her arms are getting tired, but she remains steadfast. She didn’t realize how heavy a sword can be. The mud is getting higher but slowly. “I wish you could talk to me like you do Zahoet.” Chenoa says. “I am so worried about him. I hope he doesn’t overdo it. Not with that britemetal out there.

She thinks that she hears other voices. She looks around but does not see anyone approaching her. But she does hear the britemetal firing. Her arms begin to shake slightly. She is visible now and she hopes the britemetal does not see her.

Haize closely followed Stormy around the building, wondering howl long his teacher and the others would hold out while they gathered supplies. Thankfully, he was able to move faster than normal. In the shed, Haize grabbed as many ropecasters as he could, trying to balance maintaining invisibility and holding the unwieldy artillery. As Soon as Stormy was ready, he'd head back to Zahoet's mud bastion with him.

Meanwhile Shamblo and Inle huddled behind the deforming wall of tar. Shamblo pushed to keep the wall tall, but she was nearing her limit. However, she was impressed Zahoet was able to nearly enclose the house with his mud. Shamblo heard a new voice behind the mud, but she couldn't tell who it was. The distraction, though, caused her to see Inle sitting quietly. "What's the matter, Inle? Ran out of juice already?"

Inle shook her head. "No. Every time I try to use my ability, the brightmetal shoots it out of the sky. I'm useless."

Shamblo wanted to crouch down to meet Inle eye-to-eye, but she was a little preoccupied at the moment. "You're not useless. We just need to come up with a plan.....You think you can keep making those eyes? Maybe we can keep the thing distracted while they're getting the ropecasters." Inle nodded, tightening her hands into fists and taking a deep breath. With her back straightened and shoulders tense, she summed 3 eyes high in the sky, all about 10 feet from each other.

"What?" Inle exclaimed. "The brightmetal is under attack by a swarm of...strange winged creatures. It's flying erratically now, much closer to the ground."

Shanblo looked back to the mud mound. "Someone's got the same idea as us. Glad they got the means to back it up. Inle, how close to the ground is it?"

"Uh...somewhere around tree height, I'd guess."

"Is it close to any trees? Any trees near us?"

Inle paused. "....Several feet away from a tree about 50 feet away from us."

"Alright. Inle, I need you to do something very important. On the count of three, I want you to run to the mud wall as fast as you can. Don't bother keeping the eyes up. Don't stop for anything. Just run. Understood?"

Inle's confusion was obvious under her blindfold. "Why? What are you going to do?"

Shamblo stopped adding to her wall, letting out a huge sigh of relief. "Because...I can't keep this wall up forever. And until Haize gets back with the ropecasters, someone has to do something about that damned creature. Ready?" Inle nodded hesitantly, letting the void eyes vanish. Shamblo counted to three, and on three, both her and Inle darted from behind the wall, but they were going in different directions. Inle saw Shamblo head for the trees while she ran for Zahoet's sanctuary. "Where are you going!?" She screamed.

"I'm going to get closer to the brightmetal!" Shamblo screamed back.

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 3rd October 2018, 2:02 pm

Part 2 of 2

Thimble shared Chenoa's concern for the boy, but right now he didn't have much ability to do much more than keep at the task at hand. The fact that she had continued to hold onto him and keep him steady despite the shifting flow of mud coming from his body was good as well. Chalk up one more thing on the list of reasons he liked Chenoa. Perhaps He had been approaching this from the wrong angle, pushing rather than pulling. Mhaybel would have chided him for having tunnel vision.

As the mud closed over the house the entire area darkened until they couldn't see anymore. Except for the light from inside the house that pinpricked through the bullet holes and damaged areas, the only other spot was the hole through the mud that Rathis had casted earlier. Thimble waited for just a bit longer before he stopped producing more mud. Now all that he had to do was kept keep the thing up. It was like lifting sacks of pinenuts and someone had taken one off. It helped, but not as much as being able to put down the whole mess. That lightening of the load however did give him enough room to finally answer the girl, she was practically family really, in many ways she felt a bit like his own daughter after being around Zahoet so long.
We'll talk later. Thimble said into Chenoa's mind with a distracted strain and a feeling akin to a Grandfather with his hands busy. That was followed by a more reassuring and comforting, I can listen though.,

On the other side of Stormy's home, Zahoet had finally stopped having to create mud. That didn't stop him from being nearly encased in the stuff, he had to maintain the connection or lose his hold on the whole thing. His body was trying to shiver from all the heat he'd lost to the wet mud that had sapped it from his body, and it made his mind a bit foggy. So that left him having to focus solely on keeping the mud up. The mud wanted to keep slip down, so he had to keep pushing it up to hold into shape. It just wanted to sink and fall in, it was mud, it's what it did. He couldn't squeeze the water out of it like the bunker, he needed to keep it malleable.

Shamblo and Inle were both able to run while the Britemetal sent a few errant shots their way mostly by accident as it tried to get away from the little creatures that kept blocking up it's sensors and interfering with it's flight. If it wasn't for the little flying terrors, it would have easily been able to kill one if not both of them at this range.(edited)

"Zahoet!" Rathis shouted, "Make the hole wider!"

Zahoet realized that Rathis had likely said this more than once, he could even hear a woman's voice outside wanting in. "Yes Sir." He shifted the mud widening it a bit. Inle wasting no time in diving into it and crawling through it fast as a mouse. Rathis helped pull the sentinel through the last bit, and helped her to her feet. At least this time the entire dome didn't attempt to cave in, but Zahoet didn't keep widening the tunnel after Inle had crawled through. He did however make the mental effort to pay attention to anything she said in the next few minutes. In those first few second his eyes had snapped back open, he had been stricken with the sudden paranoia to find Thimble. It's ok, it was his idea. Zahoet told himself, knowing that Thimble and Chenoa were protecting each other.

"What's going on out there?" Rathis asked wanting to know details. Being in the dark in here figuratively and a bit literally was irritating. "How are we doing?" That was his biggest concern. If Inle had fled into here, what did that mean for the rest of the Sentinels and Stormy? If it had gotten this bad, he might have to consider other options.

He assisted Haize with getting the ropecasters, grabbing the quivers that housed their ammo, as well. When he was sure that they had it secure enough to be mobile, they made way back for the others.

Nephenee's ears perked up at hearing someone else. Probably an escort for Aescharya. As she made her way out of the room toward where she heard to voice to see Rathis. "What in tarnation is goin' on?!" she said in a lower voice.

Finally the mud stopped pouring out from Thimble. Chenoa sighs and relaxes her stance slightly. Her eyes adjust to the limited light. She was thankful there was at least a little room to move around. She still hears the muffled noises from outside. “How long do you think Zahoet will have to keep this up?” She asks out loud. It was then she hears a voice in her head. She is a bit surprised by the voice. “Thimble is that you? I hadn’t realized you could talk. Should we join the others now that the wall is up or does Zahoet need you here?” She honestly has no idea how soularms or magic work. Her own haunted one has been quiet for so long. Chenoa treats it like a normal weapon.

Relax, it is just me. Don't worry. Thimble responds his voice clearly in her head while also seeming to draw her eyes to him naturally just as if he was a person speaking next to her. We'll have to endure until they kill the Britemetal, for that I need to stay here. He explained still a bit distracted. Don't rush off yet. Thimble says just as Chenoa is about to let go. I know you're clearly worried about the boy, after all you love Him, but don't let go just yet. He can hold on for a few more minutes while we chat.

Chenoa’s cheeks flush and she gasps. “Love is a little strong. Yes, he is a close friend, but…this is not the right time to have this conversation.” As to emphasize her point, more noises from the britemetal seeps into their enclosure. “I hope they do defeat it quickly because I know he will tire soon.”

Inle panted as she squeezed through the small hole. With Rathis' help, she was able to slide through, falling onto her hands followed by the rest of her body. She took a moment to catch her breath, taking comfort in the dome's safety. Once she found her breath, she explained the situation.

"Shamblo and I had to bail from our cover...She made a wall out of tar to protect us, but she was hitting her limit. She told me to head for the dome while she...got closer to the brightmetal..." Shamblo's words finally sunk in to Inle's mind. "Where's Haize, dammit!? The Chief is out there by herself, taking on a flying brightmetal!" Inle frantically looked for her partner, but he was nowhere to be seen. A new stranger appeared, seemingly bewildered about the whole situation. Inle presumed she must be the budding new mage. Still, she looked for her missing partner.

Meanwhile, Haize hoisted the ropecasters up onto his shoulders. "Alright, mister Stormy, where do we set up? Seems we're trapped out here with the brightmetal."

Shamblo sprinted to the nearest tree that seemed climbable. She got in a good look at the brightmetal. Damn thing would've been scrap if she had the right team with her. Thankfully, the objects Shamblo could only describe as 'magic pixies' were keeping the brightmetal busy. She hoisted herself up a nearby tree, scaling the branches like a wild cat. Shamblo didn't stop until she was about at the brightmetal's height. Keeping an eye on her adversary, she found a stable footing so she could line up a shot. At her height, the branches were thin and slightly flexible, so she huddled near the tree's trunk. Pouring all her focus into her aim, she launched globs of tar at the brightmetal.

The little reptilian bird fairies had little choice but to scatter as Shamblo started to shoot tar at the Britemetal. A few of the poor dimorphodons getting hit by the tar and falling to the ground. One poor unfortunate critter got plastered to the Britemetal and forced into a unwilling hot tar and metal sandwich of which it had no hope to escape. Shamblo's assault allowed the Britemetal to quickly reoreint itself and take aim at her, until Shamblo managed to foul up one of its lift wings the tar and it tilted oddly trying to compensate. As the Britemetal creature opened fire, Haize appeared behind the creature as he shot at it with one of Stormy's heavy ropecasters in another of the creature's wings. The sudden complete loss of one of It's wings caused it to tip sideways and crash into the ground.

The Britemetal creature screeched, it's wounded voice sounding like an old modem imitating a wounded bull. Haize finished anchoring his first shot, already turning back invisable, leaving the empty ropecaster behind. The Britemetal tried to get back off the ground, it's lift wings causing it to jar sideways, it shot bullets from the legs that were trying to support it. Unfortunently they weren't able to aim at much of anything that wasn't directly ahead. It started screeching louder, the noise almost painful to those near it. Stormy appeared, from the direction it had fired bullets blindly, somehow uninjured as he to shot the creature in the side of It's face? and anchored it as well.

As Haize appeared again and anchored the creature with his second ropecaster, Stormy was already approaching the downed machine to deliver the final blow with his spear. Like many of the weaker, smaller Britemetal creatures this one's armor wasn't nearly as thick as some of the more dangerous breeds. Stormy stabbed the creature in the chest, and then the head which seemed to kill the creature. Even some of the creatures toxic blood was steaming out of the wounds.
------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile elsewhere inside the mudshield around Stormy and Nephenee's home, Thimble was being held by yet another person who was stubbornly attempting to deny or reject their feelings. Sure he was still busy holding up the dome, but this was was almost more painful to put up with. 'Zahoet is to stubborn and self-defeating to take the lead girl. So unless you do what you always do, and make it more clear, he isn't going to get over his hangups.' Thimble's mental voice filling Chenoa's head. 'If you don't, sooner or later someone will take him first. Ascharya or Burt will find someone, maybe one of Etreia's granddaughters back among the Teak'ous. What will you do then?'

'Personally I'd prefer him to stay among Cinema, It's where our family is, but duty will eventually compel him to marry. There haven't been many offers Chenoa, and that's good. I'd rather have someone like you honestly. Someone who hiccups and handicaps aside, still knows and cares for him. So think about it, I'll put my weight behind you if you do.' Thimble finished while he had this one opportunity to talk to the girl away from Zahoet. It wasn't like she couldn't ask for Zahoet's hand in marriage. Sure some men had a little bit of a pride issue with being asked, if it came down to it most of them were too stupid to ask without girl making it pretty clear before hand. After he and Mhaybel had been married for a few years she had told him that she had waited for over a year for him to stop having cold feet.

---------------------------------------------

While the fighting was going on outside and Thimble was talking with Chenoa, Inle was giving her report to Rathis. "So basically, we're losing." Rathis summarized it up in an irritated grumble. "And calm your ass down Inle, Stormy is out there. I'd put a house up against a shoe if I was a gambling man and I was betting on him." Not all the legends about the man were fictitious. "Nephenee. You're not in any shape to fight but you're thoughts?" Rathis asked while trying to remember what spirits were available to use that would turn the tide in an instant.

Suddenly they heard the Britemetal creature crash into the ground outside, and after a short while they would hear it's screeching and then eventually it stop. The tunnel Inle had crawled through was also starting to fill in and seal itself. "Zahoet, keep it open." Rathis reminded the boy.

"What's it look like out there Stormy?" Shouting outside the hole as it returned to shape.

Chenoa listens to the voice that fills her head. She cannot believe that Thimble is having this conversation with her now, with the Britemetal out there. Then again this is the first time Zahoet has given him up. She is glad they are alone because she knows her cheeks are flushed. “I honestly don’t know what I will do if he goes out of Cinema. The life of a mage is not their own.” She sighs. “I really appreciate your acceptance of me. I guess neither of us wanted to feel like it was forced. I can see both of our parents telling us. ‘It’s about time…’ He really feels that way about me?”

'You shouldn't have to ask that, it's pretty obvious. And aside from a hard unrequitable crush on Seneka, you've got no competition.' Thimble said airing out Zahoet's feelings without the boy being any the wiser.

"That is it no more Thimble. This feels like having an unfair advantage." Chenoa blurts out. "We will talk more when we get back to the village, but I don't want to force his hand too much." She never knew about his crush on Seneka.

'Fine, I'll relent.' Thimble voice contained a noticeable sigh of resignation. 'After all I've said more than my fair share already. Thanks for listening to this old man.' What would be would be, but Thimble still was fairly certain he had done the right thing by being so ham-fisted about it all. Sometimes you just had to, like it or not. Thimble still had his doubts on if the girl would act or let it all sink back down. There really wasn't such a thing as having an unfair advantage in this kind of thing, but thimble chose not to voice that thought. It might be the proverbial straw that broke the beast's back.

She doesn’t have time to contemplate that as weird screeching noises penetrate their enclosure. “That does not sound human, which is a good thing right. They must be beating it!” A smile comes to her face.

'Good. I could use a break, though the hard part is going to be taking this down.' Thimble agreed but voiced a bit of the problem still at hand.

“I know you two can do it, and I will take care of Zahoet afterwards. I know he must be exhausted. I never knew how powerful both of you really are. Thank you Thimble, you gave me a lot to think about.” She knows she has to think about the future instead of day to day life.

Such a good girl, Thimble thinks to himself. It would be nice if Chenoa became one of the family after all. 'This is about our limit really. but I'll leave him to you.' Thimble told her, taking up her offer.

Thank you leah
Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 3rd October 2018, 7:10 pm

The deep thrumming and humming of the molten beneath Elias' feet echoed and vibrated through his bones, through his teeth.  Elias had long since lost many of his senses--all taste, the ability to see purples, blues, or greens, the touch or feel of soft, silken fabrics--but the shaking life breath of Mezzetez still remained strong within all of him.  Another dark regret.

Despite the lack of heat from beneath his feet, he could see the molten cracks nearby, threatening to burn at his clothing and skin.  Not much left of his clothing to burn, however.  It is tattered and worn, his skin blackened from ash and soot almost all over his body.  Still, his eyes have learned to adapt to the dim lighting and he can see quite well compared to most visitors of this realm.

His master is in her usual garb, standing out upon a peak, looking out and down into a valley below her.  The black cloak about her did not conceal her sword as she held it out, her head tilted and chin raised as her white eyes gazed upon a closing portal in the distance.  With her feet shoulder length apart and her empty hand resting on her belt, she simply stood with disappointment, as though a battle had just been stolen from her.

The white-eyed bird of black promises rested upon her shoulder and Elias could tell that it, too, had been watching the battle below them with detailed analysis.  His master was very interested in the skills of the darker woman for some reason--but why?  She was just another traveler, from what he could see.  Either way, they were gone, now, and Elias simply waited in the deep, thrumming silence as the sounds were just suddenly gone, save for the massive footsteps in the distance that steadily grow closer.

"Master Vargul?" Elias finally whispers, growing bored of all of the standing.

Vargul:

"Elias."  Vargul's response is two voices at once, though her jaw does not move.  The master's jaw never moves and her mouth--if she has one--is never visible.  Her eyes, however, are always incredibly expressive, just as her tone can be.  For now, she seems...disinterested.  Disappointed.  

"We were unable to speak to the girl in time.  The dragon's location is still unknown."  Elias replies softly.

Vargul says, "Then we need the Shamari for more than one reason."

"Ahan, Master," Elias says, "I suppose that we do.  She is protected, however.  She almost never leaves--"

The sound of their speech having attracted several geist, they leap into attack, but their movement is swiftly ended as they all vanish into smoke at the snap of Vargul's fingers.  She sighs, having not moved at all despite Elias' leap and yelp of fear as he clung to her for protection from the horde of beasts.  

"If the Tribe protects her, then we must simply have the Tribe cast her out."  Vargul says.

Elias is still clinging to his master, the marks on his hands burning from her irritation, "Th-that could take quite some time to set up..."

"All I have is time."  Vargul says calmly, "Now stop touching me."

Elias pulls away quickly, apologetically as he bows at her feet before standing once more.  He looks nervously about them, as if expecting more enemies to come and attack them, but for now, they are alone upon the valley's ledge.  His heart still beating fast, he isn't used to how quickly the geist can just...suddenly be there.

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 11th October 2018, 9:09 pm

[ATTN: Cinema Village Border Wall, Lulumi]

Tayus' mom had woken him up this morning with a cool rag to his forehead and soothing words to calm him from another round of night terrors. It had taken several minutes to calm down despite his efforts to make it his own. His mother had asked him to spend a few moments to fetch water from the well to fill the troughs for the seedlets and animals, which he had done. It was important to obey one's parents, they did own them after all.

Thinking about parents enevitably made him think of his father, and then remember how thin and lifeless the air was here. Looking out into the distance showed a mostly bleak landscape, and the only people he could see were the Sentinels that were his seniors. They had been teaching him to use the sight, and thinking about Leveates made him try. He tried the trick of closing your eyes and trying to lose focus, but when he opened them it had failed again. Just more bland Corporea as far as the eye could see.

The blandness would explain why people tried to make up for it with their liveliness. Inside the village there was all sorts of bland people doing interesting things, making interesting things. Just this morning he had seen a few new people, definitely not bland people. Interesting people from other tribes, it made Tayus fidget, made him want to go find them. Soltayus moved slightly, causing Tayus to hand to involuntarily twitch on the spear he was holding. The movement didn't continue, so it might have been a figment of his imagination, maybe not. It made him focus on his duties again.

That renewed focus made him notice the faint streaking glimmers far up in the sky. The color of the glimmers made him think maybe they were Britemetal creatures, but such a thing wasn't possible, Britemetals didn't fly. Having lost sight of the glimmers, he couldn't confirm his suspicions. Maybe it had been a flying mage with armor, that could be it. However the glimmers hadn't seemed to be coming towards the village but going somewhere else.

There was a different glimmer that caught Tayus' attention as well. Someone was approaching up the road. She? Yes. The girl was wearing what was left of a dress, it made Tayus think of a tattered and wilting flower with it's remaining frills. The Girl was waving, so Tayus waved dumbly back kinda at a loss for words. She didn't look a threat with her bare arms. Why were the sleeves torn at the shoulders? There was a metal belt or sash at her waist and the person, maybe his age judging by the almost naked appearance that didn't bother Tayus in the least. She had done a fair job covering the import bits, not that the girl had anything up top going for her. Tayus had seen boards less flat than the traveler. The most striking feature though was the hair. Even travel worn, it was a bright blue color. A kind of blue that he didn't know the word for.

Interesting

Intriguing

Even if this person didn't have any art on her skin, she was already less bland. An Outsider. Tayus made his way closer to the gate to eavesdrop as well as get a closer look at the thing that had caught his attention even momentarily. Until his seniors caught him and sent him back to work and stop loitering.

MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki on 12th October 2018, 1:04 am

[ATTN: Cinema Border Wall, Tayus]

"There's a girl, there's a girl, there's a girl, there's a girl..."

Staring up at the sky... only could remember some of the lyrics...

"and she's down by the river!"

but it was so catchy... the bards at home truly were something... something to behold... their studies of music long lost... how they recrafted it... it was a beutiful thing... so catchy... and this one, while not the most popular, would often become stuck in this girl's thoughts... it sometimes reminded her a bit of herself... when... she felt like... herself...

"..in her own creepy world, there's a girl there's a girl... down by the river..."

It would often happen like this... or.. at least it had been the last several days.. or weeks... maybe...? At this point, she had lost all track of time. Wandering... just wandering... it was a wonder she had even found information enough to get here, and she had to admit... she had gotten lost a few times. Luckily nothing too bad stopping her, in fact, most of the organics ignored her, but she could handle any that didn't anyway, that was no problem. It was the inorganics... they were the trouble... at least when she was alone... but... quite amazing, the nourishment they provided... art, music.... she had barely seen or heard any of it since she left Ol'do... she only had her memories... inorganics can make music unlike we ever could... she envied their abilities.. why must they seek to kill us? If only they knew how much we could provide each other...

"We don't need to trust a single word they say...
You are creating all the bubbles at play..."

She leisurely walked onward, trying to ignore the pain. She was making it, but it had been rough, for sure. Cinema couldn't be close enough, could it? Luckily she had her mind... all the entertainment she needed. Meditation had been tried for moments of inner peace, only once or twice unfortunately disturbed by angry insects. The water here really wasn't as much as she would have liked either... and she only brought so much salt along... her reserves were seriosuly low, and it was truly no substitute for the real thing... She knew she would miss her friends, the ones in the ocean, but she had to go here.... to find this tribe... she needed something new, she had been called here... and she had to figure out who made that call. Only the whales had carried such a voice before this...

And this... mountain.. an ocean of land... an island with no water to surround it... it was all so rough and dry, she preferred the rivers.... of which, there had been a few, but it had still been a while. This trip felt... familiar, just maybe longer... it was hard to tell sometimes... time was such a hassle to keep up with, it always seemed so much faster to her.

The shining inorganics made time speed up indeed, but she need not keep in contact with them. Yet, somehow, even the moments spent avoiding their gaze in hiding caused the time to speed past.

"Intensity... it must make the sun seem to move a bit faster..." she thought.

"At least.... the bleeding has stopped" she looked at her arm, covered in dried blood, a fair amount more than she remembered... ther applied pressure and such could only do so much for such a deep cut on the arm. Worse yet... her beautiful hand made dress was indeed ruined... she would have to make a new one....

"surely.. the tribe will accept me? I know many things to help! I can make bread! That's popular here, right? Maybe since they live on this pile of rock, they don't know how to prepare fish? I know I could bring them fish, I have seen lots of fish, even here... too bad they don't taste nearly as good as ours did..."

She looked up at the sky, now treading uphill once again. Her thoughts took over. 17 possible scenarios... 11 bad, 6 good... one involving bread... should she have made bread to offer? She considered what she had left in her small pouch... a single fish, still somewhat fresh... oh well. She startled a little... A wooden wall was ahead.

Then she saw a young boy on the wall, staring off at something in the sky. He stood out to her. Interesting markings... beautiful markings... she had to get closer. Black swirls that stood out... that look of his too... boredom? no, more intense... it was more like passionate boredom such a lack of intrigue, it had achieved new levels. She moved forward more still as she noticed his eyes meet hers.

Her eyes lit up. She had to meet this boy. Oh, right, greet! She decided to wave at him.... this.. this... work of art... So this was the Cinema tribe? Fascinting already. She had made the right decision already.

Reaching the gate guards, all of whom had their own stylistic garb, matching colors, not the most lavishly crafted, but still so different and wonderful. The guards looked at her, one with a slight look of concern on his face.
"Welcome to Cinema, traveler, what business might you have with us? Please give us your name and from where you hail, first off.. if you are in need of medical aide, we may be able to help in some way as well"

"My name, is Lulumi, of the Ol'do tribe. The voices of the spirits told me of this place. I travelled far and wide to see this new world, and I wish to become a part of your tribe, if I may. I have many skills I can offer, including I can make bread!" she said, starting with a very straight, serious tone, but ending it a bit more chipper than originally intended. She almost squeaked the last part out... odd... it was quite rare she had ever felt nervous... especially about being accepted.

RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 15th October 2018, 5:39 pm

[ATTN: Stormy's house; Ascharya, Chenoa, Inle, Haize, Nephenee, Rathis, Stormy, and Zahoet]
[Collab part 3 of what I think will be 6]

Upon Haize's query, Stormy had suggested more toward the trees, both for good anchorage and for quick cover in case things went south. He was grudgingly impressed with the boy's aiming, but wasn't about to be shown up by a young blood. His rage had been vindicated as he dealt the creature the finishing blow. "My blood...!" he'd growled as he'd twisted the spear in it's head before pulling it out. How dare it have tried to bring harm upon her in one of her most vulnerable moments. His granddaughter. A Mage, now. He scrubbed at his eyes and walked away disgusted.

White hot pride shot through her. "No condition to fight?!" she thundered, puffing out her chest. "I'll have you know I took on a pack on 7 days no food! Don't tell me...!" She suddenly felt lightheaded and stumbled, hiding it by making it look like she was examining a knothole in the wall. "But...that's neither here nor there," she said, suddenly amicable. "Is Gran'pa out there? Ropecasters and that clearin' by the the trees'd be the best place fer a throwdown. I'd put horseshoes to hooves Gran'pa's already on it if he's out there." When the creature gave it's death warbles, she listened for the direction. "Horseshoes to hooves," she said smugly, pride in her smile.

"Shamblo? Haize? Is the coast clear?" Rathis said, since Stormy hadn't responded yet. He didn't hear any additional sounds of fighting but that didn't mean he was ready to give Zahoet the go ahead to let them out just yet.

Nephenee was there next to Rathis, and dim light of the dome he couldn't make out how bad she looked. In the end it still seemed that the ritual had gone faster than expected. Zahoet had little else to do except keep the narrow mud tunnel open to let in some light and maintain the dome as a whole. It was actually a bit difficult to hold the tunnel open given that the mud wanted to seal it shut from all the weight above, as well as the churning motion that was being used to keep the mud in shape so it wouldn't fall down. Stay bits and drips still escaped to dribble down here and there on people and home alike. There wasn't much he could do about that, a little wet mud didn't hurt anyone.

Except that Zahoet wasn't dealing with a little mud, and was practically encased in on of the walls. He was cold and wet, and his body wanted to shiver badly. It was moments like this that he wished he could adjust the temperature of the mud or something. Instead he just had to grit his teeth and hold on for bit. Hopefully Rathis would give the all clear in a little bit. There was going to be a lot of mud to move shortly.

Chenoa stands still holding Thimble.  She does not hear any sounds from the outside.  That must be good right?  She has been isolated here with just Thimble.  A part of her is surprised no one has checked up on her. "How much longer can he last?  How do you guys take this off?"  He is probably going to be exhausted when the mud is gone.

"It's clear!" Stormy called as he walked toward his mud covered house. "The creature's down! What's her condition?"

"I'm fine, ya old coot!" Nephenee called back in an ornery tone as she leaned against the wall for support acting like she was lounging. Her grandfather harrumphed in reply.

Shamblo watched the brightmetal fall from the sky, happy that she managed to hit the thing while in a tree. She saw Haize and Stormy bring in the ropecasters as well. They couldn't have arrived at a better time. With the creature arrested, she looked to getting down to put the brightmetal out of its misery. Yet while she was descending the tree, Stormy had already got the job done. By the time she reached the ground, the brightmetal was spilling its fluids everywhere. Killing these damn things are always so messy. Shamblo covered the gaping hole with tar to prevent further leakage. With the all clear given, Shamblo heard a new voice behind the mud hut, probably the new mage. "She sure sounds lively for someone who just had their soul wrought."

It was still unusual for someone to be so lively after the first stage of soul wrought, however it could just be an act. After all Rathis knew that Ascharya had been displaying the after effects of fulfilling her duty. Having finally received the 'all clear' from Stormy, Rathis turned to face Zahoet. "Alright, you can let down the barrier."

Those words were a sweet joy to Zahoet, however they were a bit preemptive. "Someone needs to go tell Chenoa and Thimble. I'll need his help. You also need to have them stand back, or they might get covered when I release it." Zahoet informed Rathis, giving him a heads up.

Rathis grunted an acknowledgement. "Nephenee, Chenoa and the man's soularm are that way." he informed the girl while pointing to the direction that Chenoa was. "When you get there, tell them to get ready to take down the barrier. They can start when we hear your whistle."

"Stormy! Shamblo! Get clear of the mud, it's coming your way!" The spiritualist yelled out the opening while kneeling down a bit so he could shout more clearly.

Chenoa still hears no noises from out of the mud encasement.  “Thimble I think they did it!”  She looks up and sees all the mud.  “Something tells me that we are going to get covered in mud.  I wonder if there is anyone else in the barrier.  They should get into the house so they don’t get covered either.”

She looks over her shoulder.  “If there is anyone out there, I recommend either stepping away or going inside the house.  Unless you like mud baths!”  She yells hoping that someone will hear her and heed her warning.  She lowers herself to her knees, still holding Thimble.  She slowly removes some of the extra fabric that is on her.  She wants to protect her weapons at least a little bit from the mud.  Unfortunately her bag is still out there or she would have a blanket.  “Well Thimble this is going to get messy…”

Nephenee didn't even get the chance to go over to Chenoa and Thimble before Chenoa called over loud enough for everyone to hear her. It seemed that Thimble was about to start, so Zahoet started on his end. "Here we go."

'It may, just watch out for any parts that break off.' Thimble warned Chenoa as Zahoet and he started to pull apart the peak of the mud dome at the center.

Zahoet watched as he caused the dome to push downward slightly then roll back into the wall and let sunlight back in. There were little bits and globs that got away, but for the most part the mud was being slowly rolled and peeled down and outward. From the outside the mud was getting thicker and squatter, spreading outward from Stormy's hut. The process stopped however when it reached about shoulder height. "THAT WILL DO! " Zahoet shouted to his own soularm and the others.

"Give me a bit of rest, and I'll figure out where Stormy will want me to move it." Zahoet told Rathis as he pulled himself from the mud. The boy was a bit pale and shivering. "I need to warm up a bit, and I'll get right on it." With those last words he walked over to Chenoa. "You did good. You ok?" He said to Chenoa with his teeth chattering a bit as he gently took Thimble back.

"Nephenee, I'm going to go check on Ascharya. In the meantime, check and make sure if anyone needs me to take a look at them too." Rathis informed Nephenee, choosing to put her to simple work to let the girl keep a solid hold on her pride then delegate her to rest. He'd check on her again once he finished with Ascharya.

Chenoa keeps her eyes skyward as Zahoet begins to lower the wall.  His control even after all this time amazes her.  She sees one of the chunks that Thimble warned her about falling.  Normally she would have dodged it, but she chooses to keep Thimble steady.

The wall is lowered to just below her chest when it stops.   She sees Zahoet approaching, the poor boy is shivering.  She waits until he has Thimble secured before hugging him.  “We have to get you warmed up.  Stay right here…” She unwraps her weapons and puts the fabric on him.  She rubs his sides slightly to help warm him.  “Do you have enough in you to lower it a little more?  My bag is on the other side.”  She goes to the wall.

"Thanks." Zahoet says as Chenoa tries to warm him up, clearly concerned.

"..." Zahoet blinks dumbly when Chenoa brings up the very valid point that he missed the obvious. Thimble had been watching silently at that point but he was cracking up in Zahoet's head, making him embarrassed. "Yeah." He slides Thimble into the mud to try and shut him up and so he could cause the now five meter thick wall to part to make an exit. There was only one problem, you can't stop someone laughing at you when they laugh directly in your head. He really contemplated making Thimble disappear, but Thimble had stopped laughing and apologized before reminding him to make another exit for the others.

"I'll go with you, just another minute." He said as he caused a second entrance to appear near where Rathis and Nephenee had been. Then he sheathed Thimble. "Thanks for reminding me." It came out a bit quite but Zahoet was talking to both of them, he couldn't believe he'd forgotten to make doors.

Chenoa watches Zahoet, knowing that Thimble is doing something.  She sees him make an opening.  She walks through and waits for him.  “Thank you Zahoet, you saved my butt.  We need to get you to the firepit.  I just hope it was not covered by the mud.”

Shamblo checked in on Haize and Stormy, but the two seemed perfectly fine. "We're good, Chief. Your tar kept it busy long enough for us to set up." Haize said through a confident smile.

"I'm just glad you're safe. You and Stormy. You did a fine job out there, soldier." Shamblo put a proud hand on Haize's shoulder. She leaned down to whisper into Haize's ear. "When we get back, I'll treat you and Inle to something special." She winked to Haize, and Haize responded by winking back. "Remember our deal. Tell no one."

"But what about the other sentinels? You promised them too." Haize reminded the chief. Shamblo huffed as she shook her head. "I guess you're right. They can come along too."

Haize jumped up with a fist of victory. He was even more excited than when he left the village. Shamblo put both her hands on his shoulders to settle him down. "Easy, flyboy. Remember our deal. I'm gonna check on Inle." Shortly afterwards both sentinels heard the mud enclosure was coming down and that they needed to take cover. Haize and Shamblo both hid behind the trees.Once the wall came down, Shamblo hustled over to the mud ring., vaulted onto it, and trudged over. She called out to Inle, who'd been hiding inside the hut while the mud came down. Inle poked her head out and ran to Shamblo, overcome with relief. Shamblo put a congratulatory hand on Inle's shoulder and told her about the deal.

Stormy cringed inwardly as he got to a safe position for the boy to disperse his mud house. It was going to take days to clear all of this up and re-set his traps. And his granddaughter was in no condition to help. Between her battered body and her awakening, not to mention she would now need to go and mine for her weapon, she was going to be as weak as a newborn kitten. He grinned to himself; she'd hate that to no end.

Nephenee nodded to Rathis as he gave her a task to do, sighing with relief. Apparently she was a better actor than she thought. She pushed off the wall, then stumbled, having to lean back against it. Luckily there was no one to see that. She grit her teeth. I'll get the job done with no one the wiser if it kills me!

She closed her eyes, took a deep, calming breath, then with focus, pushed off the wall and strode outside confidently. "Anyone here injured? If so, form up at the porch so Rathis can take a look at ya." She began walking amongst them to get a good look--just in case any of them were trying to hide their injuries.

While the Sentinels set back up a watch, with Inle summoning multiple floating eyes to watch in different directions, Nephenee found that no one seemed to have gotten injured thanks to the summoned barriers of Shamblo and Zahoet during the fight. Chenoa was tending to Zahoet as he rested and warmed himself by the fire, making sure to wash and bandage the shallow gashes left from the Britemetals bullets while even trying to warm up water for him to drink. The boy was having a hard time staying focused due to having lowered his body temperature from conjuring so much mud during the fight. Zahoet apologized to Stormy for making such a mess and reassured him that once he'd had a bit to recover he could gather most of the mud up and move it away from the house.

Rathis had emerged from the house where Ascharya had been sheltered. He informs everyone that he has moved Ascharya to Stormy's room for a now and that she will wake up soon. While out and about he sends Nephenee to rest in her room, informing her that even if she feels fit enough to be out and about, she'll need rest so they can make the trek back to Cinema later and for her to gather her strength for when she has to climb the mountain.

However it is only a few minutes before Inle spots two glimmering forms flying towards them at an alarming speed and sounds the alarm. Even far in the distance as they are, the Britemetals will arrive in in only a few minutes. Until now, no one has seen anything ever approach the speeds that these Britemetals are managing while flying no less. Knowing the difficulty they had with just the one they fought before, Rathis knows that he needs to resort to a better plan then last time.

Most of the spirits that had gathered earlier have dispersed, including the ones he had given flesh earlier. With fewer resources at hand Rathis takes stock of what he can do knowing that this will be on him to level the field. Leaving the veterans handle the commands to the others, Rathis approaches Zahoet and Chenoa. "Zahoet, can you do it again?"

"No Sir, I couldn't even if I wanted to, that took too much out of me. If I tried it again I'd end up dropping it and crushing us all." Zahoet sighed wanting very much to be able to do what Rathis wanted. Inside he felt like he had pulled all the muscles in his body, except that it wasn't physical but magical.

"That's a shame.  Do what you can to shore up the defenses."

"Yes Sir." Zahoet said while rising and running through the one of the two openings in the mud wall. Part of the mud started to pull back from the outer ring and clump up where he was. He manipulated the mud to curl over to shield them from above, using a bit to brace the roofs with a couple packed mud pillars.

While Zahoet was busy with the first barricade and the younger Sentinels were busy gathering weapons from the armory and getting them ready, Rathis stopped Chenoa who had made to go after Zahoet by placing a hand on her shoulder. "Chenoa, a moment, I need to as a favor.."

He didn't want to ask, but he had little choice. "I need to barrow the dagger." He didn't want to say it but he pressed on. "Your Mother's dagger." Rathis held out his hand, his voice coming out harder than he intended "I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important."  He looked over his shoulder and was alarmed at how much closer the Britemetals were. Nothing should be that fast, but they were.

MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 26th October 2018, 7:31 pm

[ATTN: Stormy's house; Ascharya, Chenoa, Inle, Haize, Nephenee, Rathis, Stormy, and Zahoet]
[Collab part 4 of 6]

Chenoa take Zahoet over to the fire and tends to him. She teases him lightly just to make sure he is paying attention. She thanks him again for protecting her and the others. She was not paying attention to anything else until Rathis comes over. “Wow this must be serious if he is asking you to help. Just don’t overdo it Zahoet.”

She is stopped from following him by Rathis. She listens to his request and takes out the dagger. She holds it in her hands looking down at it watching the purple gleam. “I don’t know how it…she…is going to help.” She sighs debating internally whether to trust him or not. She doesn't know how much a haunted soularm could help, but Rathis is not the type to make meaningless requests. She is also curious as to how her mother could help and how Rathis knows her mother enough to request the dagger. Finally she holds it up to him. “This is the only item I have of my parents, I am trusting her to you.” She bites her lip and waits for him to take it.

As if they were one mind, Nephenee and her grandfather began reloading the ropecasters. She saw her grandfather look at her and cock an eyebrow; she gave him a wry expression in return. A full conversation had taken place in the space of seconds.

She was dead on her feet and they both knew it. But she wasn't some cloth doll to be protected and if she died, it would be in the thick of a fight, not hiding from it and he knew it.

She put the spear into the holster and set it into place. She moved to turn the crank. It didn't budge. She took a calming breath. The crank wouldn't budge. Her hands trembled and her body shook. She glanced around furtively out the corner of her eyes, feeling tears of frustration well up in her eyes.

"Damn perfectionist."

She looked up to see her grandfather standing over her. He gruffly pushed her aside. "We don't have time for it to be in there perfectly. Go grab your spear and get with that ol' coot. I'd trust your arm more'n any of these young punks.

She looked at him and gave him a slight nod that held immense gratitude. "Quit yer yappin'!" she snapped back in an ornery tone. "And you ain't got no room callin' anyone an 'ol' coot!' Ain't ya ready to keel over, yet?"

He grinned for the briefest of a moment, he harrumphed. "If hot air was a weapon, then they'd bet outta the air by now! Git!"

"I'm goin'! I'm goin'!" She stomped off back to the house, using what little strength her body apparently had left to muster to go inside before she collapsed in front of them all

Celebrations were cut short when 2 brightmetals appeared on the horizon, traveling much faster than the first. Shamblo scowled, visibly angry that their moment of solace was ruined. "What god has cursed us with this awful luck?" She spat. Haize and Inle were already getting weapons from the shed. In the meantime, Shamblo stared at the rapidly approaching monstrosities, filing through possible strategies in her head. Everyone around her were reacting as if they knew what to do, but did any of them remember how much trouble one flying brightmetal was? And with a weakened Zahoet, where would they all hide? With deep set desperation, Shamblo defaulted to making walls of tar about half the thickness of her original wall; each wall placed wherever she saw gaps in the mud's protection.

Rathis has taken shelter behind mud, left behind from Zahoet's abilities, Chenoa's blade in hand. He knows what he has asked of her, and he is sure that parting with it has left her feeling naked. Seating himself hastily, he looks to her with reassurance, nodding his head with a silent promise to take great care of it while it is in his grasp. The simplistic, Exuma-made blade curved slightly and the bone handle was engraved with butterflies.

Looking down upon it, emotions flood into Rathis as the memories of his childhood love tighten around his chest, making it harder to breathe. His eyes water, his grip tightens, and the blade digs into his skin. As the blood flows, the Spiritualist closes his eyes and seeks out the soul of one that he lost long ago. Gunfire explodes in the distance, threatening at his concentration as sweat drops upon his brow. He scowls, delving into the spirit realm with his mind with more determination.

Ascharya is conscious, now, calling all together with alarm and exhaustion in her tone. He cannot afford her any concern, his work still incomplete. The spirit still resists him, but he will not take no for an answer. Those at peace will wish to stay within, he understands, but this is no time for peace. She will understand when it is all done. Still, the spirit is strong and if it weren't for the blade, this would have been a lot more challenging.

Ascharya speaks, knowing what he needs. Rathis feels so grateful upon hearing her words, relieved that he would not have to use any energy in speaking to the others, himself.
"Everyone, move closer to Rathis. We must grab as many stones as we can to make a circle around us--grab some stones!"

Rathis' eyes are still closed, his legs crossed. His magic, tugging at his raw emotions, makes his body ache. This adds to the mana already spent and the old man must fight the urge to cry. This is what it means to be a Spiritualist when you summon someone that you knew--to be reminded of their absence ten fold as you sense their very soul in your heart, tugging, resisting. To bring her here is painful beyond measure, but necessary.

As the makeshift stonework, albeit hastily and haphazardly created, is complete, Rathis feels the connection strengthen. Magic circles always add focus and strength to casting--even this far from perfect version of a magic circle had made such a huge difference. The Spiritualist felt the slight click in the air as his magic connected to the stones, making them glow with deep hues of orange and red, almost like a starting fire that sparks up against the dirt of the ground upon which they all crouched.

All within the circle feels the thrum of magic against their skin, warmth rising as the shooting within the distance starts to become closer and far more threatening. Ascharya says something to him. He doesn't know what it is. He can't focus on them, their words all blurring together as his hands take hold of the air before him, grasping the soul that he desires with firm domination, having now successfully pulled it into Corporea. Within the air before him, a green and white wisp with the shape of a misty orb appeared before him between his fingers. Why must people be so much harder to take?

Shamblo hunkered down behind the mud and tar, trying to think of a strategy. She heard Ascharya and immediately felt relief that she was okay. Still, the tone in Ascharya's voice told her that the woman's instructions were vital. "Haize, Inle! You heard her! Get some rocks!" Shamblo then crept around the house, looking for any stones large enough to fit inside her hand. She grabbed any rocks she could and laid them out hurriedly in an arc to match the circle. Inle and Haize followed suit, trying their best not to expose their bodies above the mud. With the summoning underway, all three sentinels watched anxiously. No one wanted to interrupt the process with any questions.

Chenoa watches Rathis closely as questions run in her head. Why did he ask for her soularm? Does he know her mother somehow? That is the only reason he would take it. How can she help them against the britemetals? She cringes as the blood flows in his hand. This is the first time she has watched this so close.

It is only when Ascharya put out the call for rocks that she stops watching him. She grabs on the stones in the area and helps the other put them in the circle. She goes back down to her knees, taking her place next to Rathis again. The rocks begin to glow, and she feels the warmth, but once again she is watching Rathis in anticipation ignoring the threatening noises on the other side of the wall. Then she sees a pretty whispy orb appears in front of them. Chenoa’s eyes widen and she whispers softly. “Is that her? Mom?”

He really had difficulty moving the mud for the second barricade, more of the mud oozed haphazardly until he got it into place. The Ol' Man would normally say something, some advice or encouragement but he was silent, even across the empathic link. Thimble had pushed himself far too much assisting with dome earlier.

The first rounds of gunfire sounded, but he was safe behind the barrier. Looking to the sides he could see the others, Chenoa was next to Rathis. Good he sighed with relief, that the first burst of gunfire hadn't gotten her before she had taken shelter.

Ahh, that's where the first rounds went. Zahoet realized seeing Inle's hand raise to one of her eyes for a moment. She'd done that earlier when her arcane eyes had been destroyed before. They hadn't exchanged return fire yet, so that begged the question of just how far could the Britemetals shoot from? However he wasn't about to stick his head out and try to gauge that himself. Besides, he was fighting to keep himself from shivering again. He hadn't had near enough time to warm up, his head was still foggy. That was likely just another reason his magic was responding so poorly.
When Ascharay called for everyone to help make the circle, Zahoet didn't have much luck finding any rocks. The others also moved faster than he did and completed it while he was still looking. There was a roaring sound that kept increasing as the Britemetals drew nearer. Their gunfire coming in short bursts as they alternated taking turns. They seemed to be focusing on the barricade he had reinforced, however they hadn't caused significant harm to them. So far none of the sentinels had started to shoot back, that made some sense with the ropecasters more limited range compared to equally as heavy crossbows.

There was a small wisp before Rathis, and Chenoa was looking at it with a hopeful almost fearful look. Zahoet didn't remember how long it had been that Chenoa's mother had passed away. Liseli was a good mom, a great mom really, but still...

He crouched down and made his way over to his friend. Sure Zahoet felt kinda useless right now, he couldn't help the others with anything. He couldn't load or fire a ropecaster, he hadn't been able to find any rocks to help with the magic circle, but he could still be there for his best friend. Slipping his soularm back into the sheath behind his back, he knelt, then reached out and gave Chenoa's hand a reassuring squeeze.

The two Britemetals split up, each banking wide around the human's defenses. They were still moving incredibly fast and trying to stay at a distance just incase. They slowed down as they circled back around, one climbing up higher into the air and coming to a stop to observe those below. It pinpointed It's downed comrade, and it realized that these humans were the reason it was destroyed. The tar covering it matched some in the humans defenses. More of the eyeballs appeared in the air as the humans hid in their buildings and defenses.

The one in the air chose to switch rounds, then opened fire with incendiary bullets on Stormy's house, just incase any had taken shelter there. It's comrade kept alternating fire on the different places the defenders had taken shelter, hoping to get in lucky shots.

Rathis focuses all of his remaining energy within the orb, now obtained, as it slowly shifts and shapes the form of a woman—a beautiful, transparent, green and white wisp of a woman. She is tall, her features masked by the soul that she has truly transcended into. Despite all of this, he recognizes each feature, however dulled, quite perfectly. He lifts his head higher, his posture now re-focused by her returned gaze. She looks as she did, but without color, without definition or solidity. Yet, she had something more…butterfly wings. Even her hair had spiritual butterflies flitting about and resting within it. He has never before seen her more content or more beautiful as the light shimmers upon her, through her.

Form slowly solidifies, color returning to her clothing and her flesh, providing this black and red haired woman with color. Her long hair fell into braids back behind her knees, her eyes a vibrant and bright green that matched the soul-orb that she had once been. For a brief moment, they almost seemed to glow before they returned to normal, as the rest of her body had. She is fully here, at last.

To his close left, he felt Chenoa, but to his right, he heard gunfire and heard a voice cry out in pain. His head jerked to the side in alarm, seeing Stormy’s blood—Stormy’s blood! His eyes wide, his focus shifts as the mother of Chenoa fades, her solidity faltering as she flickers out from visibility. Almost gone, Rathis’ attention returns to her once more as he feels the white hot heat of her hand upon his cheek, the heat of their bound connection from his summoning. Rathis realizes that she had touched him to help him look at her again, to remind him of his intention.

With a smile, Rathis cried a little at her touch, the two gazing into each other’s eyes as her solidity returns, his left hand rising up to touch her right hand as it cups his cheek. Tears falling, they reach her fingers and she wipes them away as he hands her the blade. Nodding with understanding of the situation, she takes it, looking at the threat within the sky. Time to work. Feeling empty as the summoned spirit moves away, Rathis gives his magic command: “Ephenia, protect us.”

The butterfly wings upon Ephenia’s back were gone as she had solidified, but now, the butterflies were returning—all flying about her body in a helix pattern before the spread out around her. They looked like crystalized things, almost as though they were made of translucent exuma, but their coloration was far different, contrasting greatly against the greens and reds of Ephenia. Rather, the butterflies, translucent as they be, shine with hues of purple, crimson, and the deep oranges of sunset.

Leaving the helix pattern, the butterflies lit up and spread out in a dome-like scatter, widening and widening until they surrounded them all. As the gunfire rained down, butterflies caught the bullets and then shattered into nothing, taking the gunfire’s lethality away with them. As more butterflies sparked into destruction, more butterflies arrived to replace them. Their solidity was without question, the dagger in her hand making her magic even stronger than it would have been as a ghost.

Rathis, now looking determined, commands again: “Ephenia. Attack!”

Without hesitation, the butterflies near Ephenia’s body began to flit closer and closer together, their wings and bodies attaching with clinks and clanks as they formed into what was almost circular, thin platforms. They all began to form within the air, first creating lower ones just above the ground and then followed by higher ones afterwards, creating scattered magical stair-steps within the sky the climbed higher and higher near the things in the sky. Just as the lower steps had formed, Ephenia had already began to run and jump up within the air, moving closer and approaching with her blade.

Getting closer to one of the machines on her own, she increased her speed as she called out her war-cry and a swarm of butterflies followed her at her side. She lifted up her blade as she managed her path above one of the things and the butterflies swarmed to the dagger swiftly, clinking together loudly to form a new weapon around it, wrapping up the exuma blade entirely. Now with a large, dual-handed Warhammer, Ephenia allowed herself to jump from the platform where her feet had just reached and launch down upon the enemy with a deadly strike from above.

With the sounds of shattering broken butterflies, the one damaged creature attacking them began to plummet from its flight with Ephenia perched on top of it fearlessly, stabbing it repeatedly with her dagger in hand. The exuma blade now shining against the sky, her murderous strikes are easily viewable from the ground, just as her entire attack had been. That’s when Rathis realizes that the magic platforms of Ephenia’s magic is still there. Something for the others to use? The britemetal aren’t so out of reach, now…

Chenoa feels Zahoet’s hand upon hers. She looks at him briefly and smiles, squeezing his hand. She focuses her attention back to the orb. Slowly it shifts into a human form. At first the form is translucent, but it shifts to a beautiful female form. Upon seeing the butterflies, she remembers they were always her mother’s favorite animals. Flashes of being in a field surrounded by them invade Chenoa’s mind. She looks up as her mother takes form. She touches her own hair, knowing where the red in it comes from. She pays close attention to her mom’s features to find out who she looks like. Her thoughts getting interrupted only by the sound of gunfire.

She watches the interaction between Rathis and her mom and is even more intrigued. She knows she will have to ask him about her. It almost appears as her mother is being affectionate to him. She glances at Zahoet for a brief moment, biting her lip.

‘Ephenia, protect us.’ At those words Chenoa’s head snaps. She has never seen her mother use her magic before and she was curious. She moves closer to the wall wanting to watch her. Chenoa smiles as the shields are made out of butterflies. They block the projectiles from the britemetal.

Rathis’ command changes to attack and the butterflies changed her weapon into a Warhammer. Other butterflies make platforms that she jumps on. Her target is one of the britemetals. Chenoa watches her take it out and lets out a cheer. There are platforms left behind, she looks over at Rathis. “Do you think they can support our weight?” Her head nods at the platforms. “Zahoet, stay here.” She grips her glaive. “I have to join my mother.”

The Britemetals can't see exactly what is going on below as Rathis and several of the others are under the barricades. However that doesn't stop the one hovering above from shooting at them anyway. The rounds strike the mud and plunge into it, the mud seeming to fair just as well as it did before. That however isn't true as it starts to bubble and burp, bits of boiling mud sputtering up and outward destabilizing the roof shielding them as Rathis gives the wisp it's form.

Zahoet his little choice but to pull his hand free from Chenoa's to stabilize the one above them. It's ok though, Chenoa lets go of his hand to touch her hair as she seems mesmerized by the appearance of her mother. To be fair, Zahoet is a bit as well. Chenoa's mother can't be all that much older than her daughter. Zahoet staggers a bit, then keeps standing and touching the roof above. He can't reach the others, not that he thinks he could do anything to help them.

Though the barricade protecting Rathis and his group held due to Zahoet's magic, the one protecting Stormy and Nephenee had not. Stormy and Nephenee quickly being forced out of the protective structure as the mud above gave way in a boiling mess. That action allowing the other Britemetal to fire on them, managing to hit Stormy but miss Nephenee.

The interaction between Ephenia and Rathis is ignored by Zahoet so he can shift the foreign material burning inside his mud outward like a spit grape and farther away from them into the thicker parts of the wall. Looking back down he spots Chenoa when she looks at him.

What a look Chenoa is giving him, it tugs inside, it almost hurts. Chenoa must trust him so much to look to him like that at this moment. He wasn't exactly sure what she needed, and he would have gladly gave it except his body gave out and he fell onto his butt. Luckily Chenoa had looked back towards her mother and Rathis otherwise she would have seen him. It was a good thing that Ephenia was protecting them now, Zahoet doesn't have it in him to muster anything else.

When the new threat had appeared, both Britemetals had been forced to fire on it. The butterflies intercepted their bullets and burst apart, protecting the humans. The new threat quickly started climbing upwards on platforms she kept conjuring even as they shot them apart. Ephenia had quickly closed the gap, and when her prey had tried to dodge out of the way those same butterflies had gathered in the way so that the Britemetal on overwatch had crashed into them and been stunned. That opening had allowed her to get onto it, quickly damaging it and bringing it down to the ground with a heavy blow. It had tried to dodge and weave to throw her, but somehow it had stayed on, even damaging one of it's propulsion wings.

However It wasn't alone and it's teammate had finally switch rounds. It put as much distance between the humans and itself as possible. That's when it's teammate opened up on Ephenia, missing it's teammate with it's armor piercing rounds. The bullets shattered the first barrier of butterflies and Ephenia had to use countless more to stop the rounds from reaching her. The force of it however still knocked Ephenia back and off the one she was riding.

As she fell she wrapped herself in a cloud of butterflies to shield her and cushion her fall. The injured Britemetal had sustained enough damage and accelerated out of range though far less stable and quickly as before. The remaining enemy however kept up firing on Ephenia even when she started towards the one firing on her. It provided enough time for it's comrade to escape the only sizable threat in the area, until it's gun cycled empty and It had to switch to the flaming rounds It had learned were effective on the humans hiding behind the mud. It quickly dodged to the side as it moved out of range of Ephenia, turning to level it's gun on the ones hiding.

MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 3rd November 2018, 1:49 pm

[ATTN: Cinema Village Border Wall, Open]

"Where did you think you were going Tayus? You're supposed to be watching the wall, not looking at pretty young women." Galefor admonished as he lead Tayus along the wall.
Hypocrite
Tayus' stare drilled holes into his senior's back. It appeared that Galefor's Pretty young thing wasn't in sight, that might explain things. Perhaps she was off duty, unlikely since Galefor tried his hardest to match her schedule.

"You're supposed to stay on the wall and report anything strange, not wave like an idiot. -"

Tayus had stopped listening, letting Galefor rant for a bit. Ahhh, there she is. he realized as he spotted Ein up in one of the watch towers.

"- Here." Galrefor said giving him a piece of jerky. "Just pay attention ok?" He waited for a moment to for Tayus to nod before climbing the ladder up into the watch tower.

Tayus munched on the jerky. Galefor could be forgiven for now, the jerky was pretty good. It was likely he was trying to look like a good senior in front of Ein, or maybe Ein had sent him to retrieve Tayus. Despite wanting very much to climb the ladder so he could spot the unknown blue traveler, he couldn't bring himself to go up there and be stuck around Galefor when he was around Ein. He should just ask her to rut and get it over with, even if she would turn him down.
MMMMmmmm Meat
It wasn't likely he was going to find the girl from this part of the wall. He wanted to.
Hunt

Find.
It'd have to wait for now, he couldn't abandon his post. He had to hold on, his mother held out hope for him to be able to pass the Rite of Passage. He couldn't disappoint her, he had to obey his parents.
Obey

Father.
Tayus closed his eyes for a moment to calm down. Cinema was small enough that could wait for now. He'd find her once his shift ended, yes that would be alright. He felt his urges grow weaker as he looked out over the wall and thought about his father. There was plenty of time to find the pretty young thing as Galefor had teased eariler.
Later.
His urges promised. There was always later. Ohh how Tayus hated waiting. He reached into his pocket and shoved a mouthful of pinenuts into his mouth, grinding them savagely with impatience.

"Waiting sucks."

MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 3rd November 2018, 6:43 pm

[ATTN: Cinema village, Lulumi]

"Good morning Dasan." Aerowyn greeted him when he walked in. "I'm sorry but Ascharya isn't here right now, she had to leave in the middle of the night. Apparently Nephenee has awoken, its bad timing really, what with all the proxies arriving and everything."

Dasan looks at Aerowyn as he walks in. He looks slightly surprised as he mentions that the proxies were beginning to arrive. “Already? I didn't think they would be here for another day or so. I can attend to them if needed. I know I'm not Ascharya but I can at least greet them and show them where they will be staying.” He said. “Do you know how long she will be gone for? Will she be back today or will it take some time?”

"Ohh no no, I've got them handled. My hands are a little bit full but that's perfectly fine Dasan." Aerowyn said waving her hands a bit to dismiss the help. "I'm not exactly sure, but she said she expected to be back this evening at the latest. She took Rathis and some others with her when she left. So it looks like you'll be free of lessons today. Isn't that great?" She said with a cheery smile.

“Well then, I could always go and see if Telona needs some help. Or I could go study some. I should use my time wisely. Are you sure there is nothing more I can help you with? If not then I will be on my way then.” Dasan said.

"No, I should be... oh wait I do." Aerowyn said realizing that she did in fact of work for Dasan. "I'm sorry to offer you a free day and then have to yank the rug right back out from under you. Truly I am sorry, but I'll likely be busy all day dealing with the proxies so if you could keep an eye out for anyone else that shows up today that would be super. Just greet them, and help them get settled in." Then remembering that she had to call her tour short with Jazz last night, she decided it best to give Dasan a shot at breaking in a new villager.

"That also reminds me that Jazz arrived late last night too, and I didn't get much of a chance to show her around before having to deal with a couple of arriving Proxies. Would it be too much trouble to have you show her around and make her feel comfortable? Maybe after lunch?"

“I can do that. Showing her around would be a nice thing to do. Do you know where I could find her? If not I'm sure I can find her. It shouldn't be hard to find the newest person in the village.” Dasan said.

"You're a life saver Dasan" Aerowyn said leaning forward and giving him a peck on the cheek. "Thanks for helping me out.

" As for Jazz, she arrived rather late so she's sleeping in. I'll send her your way when she gets up, till then greet anyone who arrives at the gates ok?"

“Sounds good Aerowyn. I should be by the front gate then. Just send her to meet me and I will walk her around the village. I'll see you later.” Dasan said. He walked out of the hut and :began walking towards the gate of the village. There was so much going on now that the leaders of the villages were beginning to gather for their meeting.

A ball rolls up to him and he stops it with his foot. A group of kids were running towards him laughing as he stood there with the ball. He smilled and kicked it back their way so that they could continue their fun. Children were essentual to the village. Though usually they were busy helping their parents with something. These kids must have been done with their chores for the day.

He walks up to the gate to see people standing there. However there is a person coming into town that looks like he is here for the meeting. He walks over to him. “Good morning, My name is Dasan How can I help you?”

"Ahh Dasan, perfect timing. This is Lulumi and she seems to want to join our tribe. I was just about to send someone to find you." Said the older sentinel Indra who was standing next to the blue haired and nervous Lulumi. "If it isn't too much trouble could I ask you to seal her magic for the time being? She might be suffering from exposure or injured, so we where hoping to have Seneka check her out. Don't worry, a few sentinels will accompany you as guards." The veteran was clearly not taking any chances with the Proxies in town. There were a couple guards waiting on the inner side of the gate already ready to accopany Dasan and Lulumi.

Dasan looks at the Indra and nodded his head. “Yes I can do this. It is a pleasure to meet you Lulumi. I am still an apprentice, however I specialize in locking away magic and things of that nature. Usually I would do it with Ascharya there, as she is my mentor, however I feel confident with the sentineals there that I will be able to do this service without any hassle.” He said.

Luna's Claims:
Video Game Claims: Squall Leonheart From Final Fantasy 8, Rinoa Heartilly From Final Fantasy 8, Luna From Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Member Claims: Physis Xenolion OC Claims:  Akagi From Force Users Role Play, Claudia Lucroix from Dragaultia, Kalista Miranda From Pandora's Love Anime Claims:Lina Inverse from The Slayers, Inuyasha from Inuyasha, Excel from Excel Saga
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 11th November 2018, 8:18 pm

[Collab part 5 of 6]

Chenoa seeing her mother fighting the Britemetals clearly enboldened her, and she didn't look back as him when she told him to stay put. hhahhh funny that Zahoet laughed grimly in his head. Here he was, worn out and unable to assist, all his effort going into protecting everyone. Instead there was Chenoa, somehow finding it in her to push herself beyond her limits and leaving to fight.

Do I reach out to stop her? Or do I let her fight?

That choice wasn't really in his hands anyway, he could hardly move to stop her. He could only look on as she left him behind.

Seeing the summoned spirit known only as Ephenia gave Shamblo hope that they could take out the two brightmetals. However, the platforms she also left behind gave Shamblo an idea. "Haize, do you have a ropecaster ready?" Haize nodded in reply, albeit unsure of what the chief had in mind. Shamblo signaled with her thumb for Haize to get up and ready. "We're going up those platforms to get a shot at that bastard in the sky. Bring the ropecaster and get both of us invisible. Roger?"

"Roger!" Haize shouted before hoisting the prepared ropecaster up with one hand. He was about to reach for Shamblo's arm when he saw Chenoa heading out to the platforms. "Hey! Wait!" He called out. Shamblo turned to look at who Haize was calling to and her eyes flared open. "Chenoa, stop!" She barked as she pivoted on her heel and ran to grab the girl before the brightmetals saw her.

Chenoa feels her arm being grabbed and her body pulled back. She snaps her head back to glare at Shamblo. “I have to help. That is my mom out there. Please let me go or tell me what I can do to help. I am trained with my glaive.”

Shamblo sheltered Chenoa with her body in case any stray shots came their way. "I appreciate your vigor, but a glaive won't do much against flying targets. If you want to help, check on Zahoet and Stormy, especially. I fear something's happened to him."

She stumbled out of the house, shame to her toes as she did her best to steady herself to her beckoning grandfather. No sooner had she made it to the barricade then the overgrown excuse for metal feathers laid waste to her house. The shock of adrenaline roused her as anger filled her.

"You metal scraps of shit leave my house alone!" she thundered.

"Keep your head down, ya idjit!" her grandfather snapped. "I taught ya better than that!"

"Our house!" Neph snapped back.

"Can be rebuilt!" her growled through gritted teeth. He added in an undertone in gritted teeth. "I just got ya back, y mule-headed skunk farmer. I ain't gonna lose ya all o'er again."

Neph blinked in shock. Then went red-faced. "Bastard..." she said.

They took cover behind the barricade. They watched the events unfold with a wonder.

"What's the play?" she inquired.

"Wait to see what the Spiritualist does, go from there. You should stay inside."

"You mean in tha house full o' holes...?"

Her grandfather grunted. She'd made her point.

As they watched, they heard rounds and their barricade wavered as the Britemetals were aiming at them. "Look out!" her grandfather cried.

He jumped for her, covering her as he grunted, falling to the ground in a grunt. Neph, rolled to her feet. "Get up, old timer," she said looking to the sky, "or I'll get the kills and leave ya in the dust!" There was silence. "Gramps? Gramps?" She looked to see him on the ground, blood pooling from him. "Gramps!"

Fear shot through her heart, then white hot fire. "Yer all dead..." she growled darkly.

Like her anger there was a boiling sensation that started from her chest and continued through her veins, as her emotions caused her magic to activate. Inside she could feel something stretching out beyond her like a behemoth stretching only to be forced to curl back up into a ball and dwell in her body. She looked at her hand involuntarily for a moment, a frown forming on her lips. Nephenee felt like she had days earlier, strong and whole, not weak and exhausted as she had moments before. "Even with my blood in you, this is all you can muster." Loreland's voice overlaying her own as it voiced it's disappointment. Loreland made no attempt to continue to control her body, but his voice filled her head, 'Use it to save him, or not, your choice.'

Suddenly, the world seemed to snap into focus then slow down, the world no longer in the haze she'd been in. She found herself looking at her hands and could feel her face curling into an expression of disappointment. She felt a presence, a familiar one that she had somehow always known. Then she heard the voice. The one she'd heard days ago in her nook.

"Who are you...?" she breathed.

Again in her head the voice rolled over her, "Now isn't the time. What are you, an awestricken child? That'll come later, after we win.". Loreland choosing to keep as much of his attention at the matter at hand. Beside them Rathis had started to finish corporealizing the spirit he had conjured. Perhaps it would turn the tide of battle, like he had done with the tiny old world drakes earlier. The other spiritualist was proving fairly capable, but he still wouldn't have stood a chance earlier if he had insisted in pressuring Loreland to battle. The near blind Shamari was turning a bit pallid, but that wasn't a concern at least not for him.

"Aw, pipe down!" she snapped. "I ain't exactly used to voices in muh head! Gramps!" The voice was certainly right as she remembered her grandfather. "Shit! He's bleedin' too much. Must've nicked somethin'!" Explains why he was unconscious. He was too sturdy to go down normally. She ripped off cloth from her skirt and wrapped it around his arm, binding it in a tourniquet.

"Y'all gimme a hand!" she called to the others. "I've wrapped the wound, but he'll lose the arm it stays on fer too long!"

"I don't care which of you it is! Give us a hand!" Rathis shouts at Chenoa and Shamblo as he moves to get Stormy from Nephenee. Ephenia's crystal platforms split apart into swarms of butterflies that form above Nephenee shielding her from the bullets directed at them. Ephenia is still running towards them, summoning more of her crystal butterflies near the earthen barrier to keep shielding them from the remaining Britemetal that is maintaining it's distance from her, bobbing and weaving as it dodges the shots from the crossbow that Inle is shooting at it.

"I can't believe it can dodge like that." Inle grumbles surprised It's able to dodge the attack from the crossbow. "Haize! I need you to anchor it! It's crazy agile!" Inle shouted at her comrade, knowing that even though she could shoot it with the crossbow, it was well out of range for the ropecasters.

Haize rushes over to where Shamblo is and touches her shoulder. "Chief, what are we waiting for? Inle needs us." His eyes dart around as the butterflies shatter hear and there above their heads. "We can still get out there and ambush it."

Chenoa goes over to Rathis since Shamblo was called away. She cringes when she sees Stormy. "I don't have any magic, but I will do what I can to help. I do have practice with some stitching and worked with leather before. Just tell me how to help you." She does not want to interfere with any of his magic.

With Chenoa's and Nephenee's help Rathis moved Stormy over next to Zahoet, placing him close to the wall. While Rathis's hands moved over Stormy's body to check for any other wounds, he looked at Nephenee. "You shouldn't be moving, or using magic yet."

An arm wound shouldn't have downed Stormy by itself, however the bleeding gash on the back of his head was definitely the cause of that. He pulled out a handkerchief and applied pressure to the injury. He looked over to the Shamari who was kneeling beside them and Stormy. She didn't look good, Rathis hand went to her head where he found her hot and feverish. "Ascharya and I can handle Stormy." Nephenee had properly administered the tourniquet so they had some time to tend to the injury on his head. Ascharya was already getting out her tools and handing them to him... so he got to work as she started to inspect Stormy's arm.

He caught sight of Zahoet slumped over, likely passed out. "Chenoa, wake Zahoet back up and stick his hands into the mud. Do whatever you have to to keep him awake and maintaining this shelter, nothing else." Hopefully they could take down the last Britemetal soon.

"Tell that to the voice in muh head," Nephenee said simply. "Besides," she added darkly. "They hurt Gramps. I ain't sittin' on the sidelines and lettin' others do muh fightin' fer me."

"We can open a path for them, if you've a will to fight," said Lorelond. "We may even be able to fell it ourselves, but multiple contingencies are paramount."

"Wha'choo mean 'if I've a will ta fight?'" she demanded crossly. "I'mma rip that metal turd in the sky a new arsehole if I have my say!" She looked to Rathis. "What's the play? He says we might can take it down or give y'all an openin'."

Rathis didn't like the fact that Nephenee had already used her magic for the first time. If it wasn't an emergency he'd rip her a new one. There would be time for that later. He went back to work shaving part of Stormy's head so he could stitch up his scalp. Rathis paused long enough to jerk a thumb to Shamblo. "She's in charge."

Chenoa nods and goes over to Zahoet. She picks him up and with his help takes him over to the wall. She sits down with him close by and places his hand on the wall. “All you need to worry about is keeping the wall up a little longer. I am here to help you do that.” She gets a smirk on her face. “So what to do to keep you awake? Oh you failed to tell me that Thimble is so talkative. Is that why you trusted him to me? Because I already know most of your secrets?”

What?
Oh, its Chenoa.

She was lifting him up, his arm was around her shoulder. "What's going on?" he asked only for Chenoa to turn him around and sit them both back around after a couple steps. "Ohh, Ok." Zahoet went along with Chenoa as she placed his hand on the wall as he still was struggling to wake up despite the gunfire and unfamiliar sound of shattering crystals.

The mud was familiar, it was always familiar. He turned his head over to look at Chenoa. She was giing that quirky mischievous smirk she enjoyed making. She'd start teasing him in a minute, he'd been teased a lot by her in his dreams. His head drooped back down towards his chest, his eyes closing for a moment as he wasn't looking at her.

"Thimble? Talkative?" This dream wasn't making a lot of sense. He felt her hand gently slap his cheek for a moment. "That doesn't sound right..." Zahoet's disbelieving voice came out weak. The mud mage started to lean forward as his arm sunk into the wall up to his elbow. His senses were expanding, he could feel more and more of the area around him. There was a ton of mud around here... His mind jolted recognition, flashes of the last half hour or so filled his head. He tried to jerk backwards, but Chenoa was there and his back just bumped into her. They needed to get away, he had to get them away!

"Chenoa! Stop him!" Rathis yelled as the mud around them shook and started pulling inward towards Zahoet as it moved slowly to protect and surround him.

"Zahoet, stop!" Ascharya orders him at the same time Rathis yells at Chenoa. She moves her body over Stormy to shield him if any of the mud gives way.

“Zahoet, stop.” Chenoa tells him echoing Ascharya. “Your wall is still protecting us…you are still protecting us. Please keep it up. I will help you if you need it. You just need to stay awake. Remember, my mom and the others are taking care of the final britemetal.”

The mud stops pulling inward at everyone's insistence. It then begins to smooth back out to give them room, even the ceiling. Zahoet starts to calm down, but that doesn't stop him from pulling mud from the large ring like wall and pulling it over their shelter like he is pulling up a blanket.

"I panicked a bit, sorry." He says apologizing. The extra mud he is moving can be seen parting around the entry arches of the shelter as it starts thickening the entire structure.

Thimble still isn't responsive, and it's rather unnerving right now. Come on old man, wake up.

She raised an eyebrow at Rath is. What bug crawled up his breeches? she wondered. She refrained from asking, as that hadn't gone well years ago when she was a child. The elders seemed awfully stuffy about "protocol" and such things. So instead of telling him to take the stick out, she turned to Shamblo and repeated herself.

The commotion near the hut pulled Chenoa away, leaving just the Sentinels to take out the brightmetal. Shamblo sighed, focusing her thoughts to prepare herself. Nephenee then made herself present, to the chief's surprise. "I thought you were out commission...To hell with it; can't keep you cooped up in all this chaos." Shamblo eyed Nephenee with a grave intensity.

"We can't do jack to that brightmetal until we somehow reign it in. With how agile the damn thing is, and with those confounded projectiles it's shooting, a frontal assault will only get as killed. That's why we gotta sneak up as close as possible and pin it with the ropecaster....With another pair of hands, our odds of hitting the thing might improve....Nephenee, grab a ropecaster if you can find any, and stick close to Haize. Haize, get us invisible and get as close to the brightmetal as you can. I'll carry your ropecaster and take the shot. If these ropes were any heat resistant, I'd douse 'em in something flammable and send a fire up the line."

Shamblo took Haize's ropecaster off his hands. "We're ready when you are, Neph." She then turned to Inle. "Keep eyes on it, Inle! Get ready to shoot once we arrest the damn thing!"

"Got it Boss." Haize said when Shamblo issued his orders and relieved him of his ropecaster. He then turned to Nephenee and started to explain his power. "Alright, quick run down. When I touch you, you'll turn invisible to everyone else. You won't see me or the Chief either, but I'll be holding holding your hand. We'll get out there, and when you use magic or make an attack you'll reappear. Hopefully we'll take it down in one push, but I'll be there right beside you to turn you back invisible as fast as I can. Hit and Run, got it? Good." Haize said grabbing one of Nephenee's and Shamblo's hand before activating his magic. Once his magic washed over them, their sight seemed to shift slightly like looking through imperfect glass, as if the light and air was stretching around them a bit.

Lorelond paid attention to the mage's description of his magic, and the change of vision didn't bother him much at all. It was much like looking through water or at the edge of his vision, after all to a dragon this was nothing. But with Nephenee's limited human sight, it was annoying, and the effect was much more exaggerated. It must make long range attacks difficult for this man called Haize and those he magicked. Annoyance aside it wasn't worth wasting magic on, human capacity was so inferior. Speaking of his Host...

'When you're in weapon range, breathe in deep.' Lorelond told Nephenee in her mind, as if that was any sort of real explanation at all.

Inle is forced to one again duck and roll to the side to avoid getting shot by the flying Britemetal as the accuracy of it's attacks quickly start improving and she narrowly escape from having her head blown off. She focuses and summons more eyes scattered in the air above and away from her. A couple get taken out by stray bullets, but it seems that the Britemetal has chosen to ignore them for the most part.

"Good you dumb pile of scrap." Inle says as she instead runs further away from Rathis and the stay behind group in a crouch. She is able to keep several eyes on the thing and change her position thanks to it leaving them alone. Ephenia is almost back to the defensive line, which was a huge win in Inle's book. Given how the Britemetal had to switch for a moment to shoot the ever approaching swarms of butterflies that she kept sending It's way, Inle knew they might start having this in the bag. As long as Haize and the Boss got out there and got it handled.

Nephenee listened intently, remaining aware of their surroundings as she was trained to do. She nodded, "Got it," and took the ropecaster.

She listened to Haize's explanation, tucking it away as he took her hand. What the hell...? She felt like she was looking at the surface of a lake from under water. This would definitely be an annoying way to fight. She began thinking of ways to counter such a fighter, but shoved it down. That would have to wait for later.

At the voice in her head's words, she felt insulted. "I know how to hunt," she growled. She'd shot a ranged weapon before, she knew all about holding your breath and releasing on the shot.

Now that Nephenee and Shamblo were both invisible and armed it was time to get this show on the road. "Ok Chief, we'll have to go out through one of the areas you walled up. Don't think that Mudboy is looking so hot." Haize said seeing the shape that Zahoet was in next to Chenoa while making sure to keep his voice down as he spoke. Haize led them to one of the tar sections of the wall that the Chief had patched with her magic earlier.

MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top