Sword & Shield

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sword & Shield

Post by Zenyatta on 11th August 2012, 4:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

xenolion & Leah7, HikariKurgari & MethosArchaic, Red & EphPhoenix, Artorious & Leah7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain -- Unit Maka'i
Micia Altiere
Maive Rathlea

Ensen -- Unit 271 (Maka'i) under Captains Rathlea & Altiere
Victoire Z'Tan
Shawn R. Beret

Valen Logrin
Kresimir Jehan Wymond

Captain -- Unit 391
Captain Adrian Luthar
Captain Alwilda Caldwell

Ensen -- Unit 391 under Captains Luthar & Caldwell
Kalika Ayade
Zeran Thormod

Ryan Oakshield
Adelaide D'Aramitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maive steps through the wall at the end of the unit's line, the gate closing automatically behind her. The Kurian roars with fury as it throws itself up against the wall with its weight, making the thick, stone wall almost seem to rattle, seemingly as revenge for its prey's escape. The gate clangs from the disturbance and she gestures to the top of the stairs that lead to the wall's upper ledge.

"Get up there and get on top of it!" She screams, "If you have anything ranged, I suggest you use it. Now!"

A few loose bricks tumble down on the Kurian is it rights itself. If it keeps this up, their wall won't last much longer. They need to finish the fortification work on the walls, or else there won't be any walls to fortify. Thankfully, the other two nearby Kurians are interested in other things, rather than their weakened wall.

"Logrin, I need lots of rain! Those fuckers are on a hill, make it beneficial!" Maive orders as she follows her unit up the wall, "Ayade, get up front, use your shell to protect the wall!"

Logrin snaps his fingers, calling for her attention, She looks his way impatiently, "Captain, you sure? It'll set the dirt work back behind by a few days, at least."

The two Kurians in the distance realize the weaken state of the wall, thanks to their close friend. She looks at their advance with hesitation. "Do it. We'll buy you the time you need...there are no allies out there, but they may have reinforcements by the time you're ready."

"Thormod, use your flame strike on this one!" She orders as the Kurian rears back to hit the wall again. "Everyone else, ranged weapons at the ready and fire at will!"

Last edited by Leah7 on 29th March 2013, 2:14 pm; edited 7 times in total

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
Zenyatta
Administrator

Empress Empowered

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sword & Shield

Post by Red on 21st August 2012, 10:22 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Adrian pulled away quickly, stabilizing his stance and waiting. Sweat rolled down his face and his arms, and he only barely shifted his feet to face her now. How long had they been at it? Twenty minutes? Half an hour? "Weren't you going to kick my ass or something like that?" he asked. "I mean, I guess you could take your time about it..."

Alwilda was showing signs of wear, but she was still dancing a little. "Time is on my side, old man," she said. "While you spend your time doing enough fucking forms to choke a herd of Kurian, I am out here keeping myself sharp. I don't have to go all out, I just have to keep going till you give out, softie."

"Which reminds me," he said, grinning wearily, "aren't you supposed to be helping me with those forms? Delegation and all?"

At this, she actually looked away. "Yeah, well..." she said shiftily. "I'm more of a fighter than a politician..."

"No shit," he said, laughing. Now they were going somewhere. He lunged as she looked away, swinging his sword in a circle around towards the side of her head.

She stumbled backward and swung her bo up awkwardly. "You dirty bastard..." she growled. She charged at him, feinting a high attack at his head that she redirected into a low sweep aimed at his legs.

"All's fair in love and war," he said, grinning, as she charged him.

He ducked under the high strike - or he would have, had she followed through and not swept him to the ground. He grunted, dropping his sword and rolling backwards quickly before she could finish him. "And politics," he added, breathless, as he got to his feet, "but they don't want you to know that."

Her grin turned devilish. "All's fair, eh?" she said. She charged at him again, horizontal strike to the left, the right, spin kick, then feinted a thrust to his midsection that went downward, striking his legs into the splits and bringing it up into his crotch.

He blocked her strikes with his bare arms, barely feeling the sting - he was used to it by now - and barely ducking back under her kick, her foot only just clipping his face. He jumped back as she thrusted, preparing for his counter...

"Ah..." He fell to his knees as she jammed him in the crotch, doubling over. "Oh, you have no shame..." he said breathlessly. His sword was just a few feet from him...

"You were the one who said 'All's fair," cunt," she said, stepping back. "Get you g*ddamn sword, old timer."

He groaned, almost laughing. "Such language, princess," he said. "Hardly befitting a young lady." He reached out shakily for his sword, grasping it in one hand and swinging it hard at her legs.

She leapt in the air over his swing, and glared coldly at him. "Princess...?" she said in an ominously quiet voice. "Let me show you the fucking frontline bitch I was before your g*ddamn ass snatched me up in your bullshit military career..."

He stood up slowly, the pain still burning. "Go ahead, princess," he goaded her, raising his sword.

She charged, attacking with a cold, efficient ruthlessness, aiming thrusting attacks at his knees, hips, wrists, and finally feinting at his head, spinning it back and bringing up her foot between his legs and following up with a vicious elbow to the side of the face.

Even exhausted as he was, he blocked most of her strikes with only the barest movements of his sword. There was no way he could keep it up though...

Not the nuts not the nuts! He brought his knee up to block her kick, only to feel her elbow slam hard into the side of his head, knocking him to the ground. "I yield, I yield," he said finally, grinning even as he dropped his sword and blinked away spots.

She only barely stopped from crashing the bo against his skull, a raging fire in her eyes. She threw the staff down disgustedly. "G*ddammit..." she growled, turning away and stalking off.

He sighed, rubbing at his eyes as she threw her staff down. Maybe he went too far... "Taldor," he said, slowly standing up and brushing himself off, conscious of the small crowd around them beginning to disperse.

"I'm off duty, you g*ddamn cocksucker, so shove that fucking rank up that canker sore you call an ass!" she roared without turning back.

He sighed. "I was gonna say," he said. "Good job." He picked up his practice sword and set it back in the rack, starting to follow after her. "I need to find more time to practice," he grumbled, as he started to catch up with her.

"Yeah, cause I live for your praise, asshole," she snapped. "Don't you have a set of forms to be doing?"

He raised his hands in mock surrender as he grew level with her. "Look, I know you're pissed," he said with a sigh. Patience. "Forms can wait."

"Yes," she said, "and I'm about to get a whole lot of stress relief kicking the shit out of the nearest asshole in the first bar I get to."

"What, so beating the shit out of me wasn't enough?" he said, amused.

Her eyes settled on him briefly. "You were a hair's breadth from a concussion, asshole," she growled.

He sighed. "I noticed," he said. "You women. I can't read minds, you know. Is it because I called you princess? You realize I was just trying to rile you up. And it worked. Maybe something you should work on, Al."

She stopped and looked at him pointedly. "I'm sorry," she said, "did it look like I became a sloppy fighter when I got pissed off, or did it look like I was about to rip your g*ddamn head off and piss in the fucking stump?"

"Nah, it looked like you were having a temper tantrum," he said shortly. "Hard to respect your superior officer when they have a fit so easily, hm?"

"Like I give a good g*ddamn." she said. "Bet they'll 'respect' my g*ddamn right hook when it breaks their fuckin' jaw. Rank check, bitch."

"Because putting my Ensens out of commission because you can't control your feelings is a good idea," he said flatly. "I thought you were an adult, Al."

She snorted. "You thought wrong," she said derisively. "I only took fucking Taldor cause you and my mom shoved it down my g*ddamn throat! I was a frontline soldier, you dick!" She pointed toward the battlefield. "I wanted to fight and I wanted to die fighting on the battlefield. But you two selfish fucks keep dragging me away from what's mine! I'm not a g*ddamn princess! I'm a g*ddamn lioness who roars! Fucking deal with it!"

His eyes lit up devilishly. "I see," he said. "And does the lioness like the thought of serving under some pretentious dickhead again, or would she rather be the one to whip the pretentious dickheads into shape?"

She folded her arms. "Whipping the pretentious dickheads isn't the battlefield," she said levelly. "I've been thinking of putting in a request to the special forces. I'm tired of this shit." She began to walk off once again.

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, hell," he muttered, starting off after her. "We're bondmates, idiot. You could at least have the courtesy to ask if I want to come with."

"Oh, like the courtesy you left me with fucking Taldor?" she barked. "I don't have to report my life to you, asshole. Besides, you don't necessarily have to have your bondmate to get in. You can stay and do your fucking political bullshit."

"You can hardly fight at full power without a bond mate," he said shortly.

"Asshole, my powers aren't for fighting, I've never relied on them for that!" she hissed.

He hesitated. He hated being commander, without question - all the paperwork, all the bureaucracy, all the damn high class parties with big families pushing their vapid daughters on him - but...

Damn it. His family needed him to be commander. But he wasn't sure he could stand it any longer. Special forces isn't a bad alternative...

"Fuck politics," he said under his breath. "...Can you last through this for a few more days? Now that you mention special forces..."

Her face went blank. "Wait...you want to join me...?"

"Maybe," he said with a sigh, rubbing at his temples. "But... I'll have to think about it." His family would hate him for it, but... he didn't think he could stand another day of 'commanding.'

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21st August 2012, 11:22 pm

ATTN: Zeran

After the chase and the laughs were over, Kalika catches her breath and smiles innocently at Zeran, she than says "Well we should get ready for that debriefing, and lets make sure to not mess up like we did again! Were strong but thats no reason to get full of ourselves." arking an eyebrow and wagging her finger.

She than starts walking in the direction of their room to get clean and changed for the debriefing, she also wanted to sharpen her weapons and write a letter to her parents, but that would be done later when there would be more free time at her disposal.

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 21st August 2012, 11:25 pm

[Attn: Kresimir]

Pausing at the door to Captain Rathlea's meeting chambers, Valen raps it with his knuckles. No response... Good. Opening the door, Valen enters the room the first to arrive. "Seems we're early. Good gives me enough time to light the lamps." He picks one of them up from the wall and walks back into the hall past Kresimir to light it off one hanging in the hall.

"Wait, you woke me up saying we would be late, barely gave me the time to brush my hairs and we're early ?!....'' Kresimir exclaimed not believing it. He took out his small brush again from his pocket and brushed his hairs again mumbling to himself.

"As long as you've known me Kres, when have you ever seen me be late if I couldn't help it?" Valen says as he walks back into the room and starts lighting the rest of the lamps, it was always a hassle of these inner rooms. Keeping everything lit was a logistical waste and a staffing nightmare, so it fell on the soldiers to keep things ready. Plus it provided the normal mundane make-work of a stationed soldier to keep them busy and out of trouble.

He finishes with the last lamp and decides against lighting the Braziers around the room. It isn't cold enough for them, even with the rain earlier. Besides Valen would prefer it cool rather than hot. If they wanted it warmer they could light them themselves. Picking up the rag and water pail he starts cleaning off the slate board on the wall. Only a thin layer of dust has to be removed before he finds himself done with it. Looking over at Kres he checks on his partner's 'progress' with his hair. "You about ready Kres? or is all that to impress our Captain of the Party, Micia?"

Kresimir was almost done brushing them fully and started to braid the back with a bit of difficulty at first. ''Almost and no it's not ! I just feel the need to have my hairs not messy. '' He said with a small pouts at the end before adding ''Especially not in a meeting.''

Valen lifts the pail in a mocking manner, "You could always give it a good wash!" Seeing the look on Kresimir's face makes him store the pail away. "Nope, definitely not." He takes a seat next to his partner and waits for the others to show.

'You sure like making fun of me do you ?... Anyhow I'm ready now... '' His stomach did a small noise and he thought 'Can't believe I skipped a meal for this... I guess it'll have to wait after.'

"Any chance partner." Valen says leaning his head back against the chair and closing his eyes. The joking and funny business isn't present in the tired worn out voice that comes out. "Trying to keep myself moving and focused. Sorry if I went too far Kres." Reaching into his jacket pocket he pulls out a thin metal tin and hands it to Kresimir. "We even? Thier a bit stale I am sure." He says offering his friend the tiny tin of biscuits.

Kresimir look at the tin biscuit and smile, taking it. ''Well it's a bit small, but I guess it'll calm that angry stomach a bit. And yes we're even.'' He let out a small sigh as he add ''I wonder if I'll still be able to get a good meal after this though... it's pretty late after all.''

A small smile turns up the corners of his mouth, with a hint of mirth entering his voice he responds, "That's a perk of this Military Business, Kres. The Mess is always open!" Peeking at the empty tin he realizes how hungry he is too. "But damn us if we think about what their feeding us. Best not." Logrin advises as he rests while waiting.

(Waiting on peeps to arrive)
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by spectral on 21st August 2012, 11:29 pm

Micia laughs as Maive jumps. She didn’t even get a chance to speak as Maive backs away. "I told you, woman, you're not my type." Maive says with slight irritation, but also with humor. "You can't have my virginity, so quit tryin'."

Micia winks at her. “Well you aren’t my type either sweetcheeks, being you bondmate is good enough for me. Who needs your body when I can get into your head?” At that she sticks out her tongue at Maive.

Micia sees the broody expression on Maive’s face as she brushes her hair. “Nothing much I met Ensen Z’tan outside of Logrin’s room. We may need to watch them as there may be a romance budding there. Not that I blame Z’Tan, Logrin’s a decent guy to look at. I caught a little of Taldor Caldwell and Commander Luthar going at it in the training ring. Although something told me they weren’t just training.”

She brushes out her hair and gets a nervous expression on her face. “Is it just me or is Taldor Caldwell a little ahh…rough around the edges… to be in the position she is in. The woman has no respect for other people. And her language around the commander is atrocious. I mean just because you go off duty does not give you permission to become an instant asshole.” Micia covers her mouth surprised that came out if it. She puts on the beret. “We better get going.”

New siggy will be coming soon

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

spectral
VIP

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenyatta on 21st August 2012, 11:39 pm

Micia sees the broody expression on Maive’s face as she brushes her hair. “Nothing much I met Ensen Z’tan outside of Logrin’s room. We may need to watch them as there may be a romance budding there. Not that I blame Z’Tan, Logrin’s a decent guy to look at. I caught a little of Taldor Caldwell and Commander Luthar going at it in the training ring. Although something told me they weren’t just training.”

"If they date, it shouldn't be too bad. So long as they are the same rank, that is." Maive adds as she finishes up and places on her armband.

Micia brushes out her hair and gets a nervous expression on her face. “Is it just me or is Taldor Caldwell a little ahh…rough around the edges… to be in the position she is in. The woman has no respect for other people. And her language around the commander is atrocious. I mean just because you go off duty does not give you permission to become an instant asshole.” Micia covers her mouth surprised that came out if it.

"She's a bitch and that's all there is to it." Maive says, shrugging it off, "However, we'll just respect her as we always have, or pay the price. That's just the way it is."

Micia puts on the beret. “We better get going.”

"Alright," Rathlea replies, "Ladies first."

They exit their quarters and enter into the meeting room, finding that Kresimir and Logrin are already seated and waiting. She's hardly surprised--they're usually the first ones there. With the exception of once--T'zan beat them to it, once...shocked the hell out of the entire unit.

"How was your down time, guys?" She asks casually, as the meeting is clearly not going to start without the rest of the unit present. "I hope you were able to fully relax."

Zenyatta
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22nd August 2012, 8:06 am

[ATTN: Debriefing tent]

Gosh, how she hated this uniform. It felt so tight and restricting, it didn't feel right at all on her skin, but rules were rules. Entering the tent, it seemed that the captains and the early birds were here already. "Good evening, Captains Rathlea and Altiere, Wymond and Logrin." By now, she had masked her childish feelings and looked as stoic as ever. Any trace of the girl who wanted Logrin so badly was gone. In her place was a hardened woman of war. Victoire made it in before any real conversation, and heard the downtime questions.

"Ugh, this 'downtime' stuff doesn't suit me. Most of it was spent training, but I did manage to find time to go out and help the kitchen cook." Victoire shook her head in disapproval. "They wouldn't let me cook anything, just chop up potatoes, so after... not even half an hour, I left." She shrugged and sighed. "Well, I didn't really GET to unwind, but that's fine by me."

Back to top Go down

Post by JosephJoestar on 22nd August 2012, 3:18 pm

(ATTN : Debriefing room, Rathlea)

Kresimir took a seat himself after a while and eventually came the two captains, quickly followed by Victoire. When Rathlea ask how was their down time, Kresimir stomach growl again. ''Ugh... the cookies weren't enough.'' He thought looking heritated toward his tummy.

''It went alright, just kinda didn't have the time to eat much since this guy here wanted to be so early like always.'' Kresimir told her while pointing his partner. ''But I'll survive. I think. How about you Captains ?'' Kresimir asked both of them looking curious.

Set made by me ;D
My claims;
Spoiler:
I claimed Conlaodh from Force User Roleplay,  Bartholomew Fatima from Xenogears, Link from LoZ, Erza from Fairy tail and Kallo from The guild RP. I co-claimed Leah7 & LadyTwi.
JosephJoestar
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd August 2012, 4:09 pm

"You do that thinking thing," she said, walking off. "I already have my application filled out. You can always turn yours in for consideration after."

Her mood perked up a little at hearing some of the mutterings as people leaving from watching them caught her ear. Pretentious dicks, she thought with a defiant grin. What did she care of what these morons considered "proper?" This was a combat organization, not a daycare. Pussies...

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22nd August 2012, 9:19 pm

‘’You’re right, we should get ready’’

Zeran went back to their room and changedto be in more formal clothes for the meeting. Taking a deep breath, he began to walk toward the meeting tent, knowing that he would probably be yelled on by everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 22nd August 2012, 9:24 pm

[Attn: Debriefing room]

Valen was resting and listening to Kresimir attempt to widdle every crumb from the tin. It wasn't before to long that Kresimir set the tin down and Valen assumed relaxing. He hadn't opened his eyes again, and was enjoying a nice bit of a rest when the Captains entered. Listening he doesn't hear his partner stand up and salute so he just speaks up with a nice, "Welcome Captain Rathlea and Altiere."

"How was your down time, guys?" Rathlea says, well it sounds like her anyway. "I hope you were able to fully relax."

''It went alright, just kinda didn't have the time to eat much since this guy here wanted to be so early like always.'' -

Valen was sure Kres was pointing at him. He opens one eyelid and sure enough, Kres has a finger leveled on him. Damn friendly fire... his mouth curls up into a smile.

- ''But I'll survive. I think. How about you Captains ?'' Kresimir taking the straight and narrow, despite the "Warning" signs.

Thankfully someone interrupts with a timely, "Good evening, Captains Rathlea and Altiere, Wymond and Logrin." Wait a second, that voice belongs to Victoire.... Valen turns beet red and puts his hand over his forehead with a mental groan. He'd just remembered flirting with her so offhandedly during all that StormLord episode.... How the hell was he supposed to react around her now?

As she went on about training and cooking and things, Valen mentally tried to find the nearest fox hole for shelter. It wasn't helping that he didn't know what exactly he needed to hide from, how to act, or what course of action he should follow through with. Soldiering was easy compared to all the interaction stuff. Am I supposed to ask her out now? Do I just act like nothing happened? Valen was starting to sweat as his mind went into overdrive. Should I tell her I wouldn't have ever said that, and it was the magic talking? But if I do that, she'll think I am some junkie! Worse I'd probably piss her the hell off, and no one wants Vicky angry!

Wait! Did I just call her Vicky?! Ohh gods, what the hell am I going to do? Valen takes a deep breath, and then another slower one. With a weak smile he takes his turn to answer, looking slightly ill. "I think I could do with a few more hours of rest. If you all don't mind I am just going to rest a bit, I'm looking forward to the debriefing." It was always harder to remain calm and collected for a few hours after letting the storm go, and he hadn't had a good night's sleep yet to shake it all off.

Member Claims: Gateway Bot, MethosArchaic, Pachirisu71
OC Claims: Kydoimos from The Umbrella Colony
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22nd August 2012, 9:44 pm

ATTN: Debriefing tent

Ayade washed up and after wards got dressed in the regulated clothes. She wasn't really looking forward to entering the room, she was hoping that there wouldnt be any comments about their mistake, but there would obviously be getting the glares from every one, but oh well, time would make things right.

Once her and Zeran ready, they left the room and headed out towards the debriefing. Once in front of the room, she takes a deep breath and goes inside. She looks inside spotting every one that was already there and slightly bows in the intention of every one, she was also happy to see that they werent late. She takes a seat beside an emtpy one, meant for Zeran.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenyatta on 22nd August 2012, 9:49 pm

She follows behind Kaiden closely, breathing from the legwork of having her legs half-bent as they crouch along. The air smells of humidity, now, as if it had just massively stormed, which would be out of the ordinary, but not overly odd. She listens carefully, but it's so terribly difficult to hear over her racing heart and her heavy breathing.

Suddenly, the silence fills with a cracking, splitting sound of a tree being ripped or torn. Kaiden jerks to a stop, turning his head every which way to see into the dark forest, but he can't see anything.

"Shit." He says under his breath, hearing the thumping of massive footsteps, "Move!"

They break out into a run, Kaiden dodging sideways into the edge of the trees with Rayd right behind him on his heels. The Kurian behind them roars loudly, followed by other Kurian roars, some of which are ahead.

"Shit!" Kaiden says as he runs, "Shit shit!"

"Duck!" Rayd screams. She drops, as well, as the beam of heat soars over their heads. This beam was four feet wide! That's new--she's never seen a beam that wide before from any of their weapons...only four inches thick was recorded to be the largest.

"SHIT!" Kaiden is back on his feet, dragging Rayd up behind him and beginning to run as quickly as he can. They can hear massive footsteps from behind and shaking of the dirt beneath them...they quicken to an alarming rate.

"It's running! It's fucking running!" She calls out as she hears the trees snapping like twigs, one after the other with loud, twisting sounds that overwhelm the area.

"Shit, shit!! Kaiden says and Rayd manages to roll her eyes as they move behind trees to dodge yet another huge attack. This isn't good. At all. They start moving again, this time knowing all too well, that there is no way to outrun a basic Kurian once it has sped up enough...they are way to fast.

Rayd pulls in magic for her spell, not bothering to ask, as he usually requires her to do. She beckons him to move to her as a somewhat small and vague illusion of the two of them begins to run in the direction they were going. The ground is shaking violently from the Earthquake of the Kurian's running, and Rayd is scared.

They move away from the edge, into the forest, and climb up a tree as far as they can go. Kaiden wraps his arms around her, pushing her up against the tree with him as they try their hardest not to move. The Kurian rushes past, chasing after the small illusions--it won't be long before they realize it's not them.

"What now?" Rayd asks, tense.

"Shit." Kaiden replies.

Zenyatta
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22nd August 2012, 9:50 pm

[ATTN: Debriefing team]

Blathering on and on and on about herself got boring after a while, after all, a girl liked to talk to herself ALL. THE. TIME. Victoire sighed and leaned her face on her arm, steadying the arm on the upper leg. "At least I know what the dinner's going to be today..." She twirled one of her long locks of hair on one of her fingers, and reached into her bag, rummaging for a small piece of dried jerky. She began to munch on it when she heard Valen's dreamboaty voice. Did she just think the word dreamboaty? Steeling over again, Victoire sighed.

Hearing that Valen needed rest, however, was not good. Victoire wanted this shit to happen as quickly as possible, after all, dinner was going to be frickin' awesome today! She couldn't risk running to the mess hall and only have the less-fresh food. "V... Logrin," she caught herself, "if you rest here, your buddy Wymond there can wake you up." She scoffed and glared at Wymond, hoping for his support on this matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by JosephJoestar on 22nd August 2012, 11:05 pm

(ATTN : Debriefing room)

Kresimir thought that his partner was acting a bit odd when he saw the lady. Could he have a hit on her or something ? ''Sure he can rest, there's still some folks missing after all.'' He looked at the girl eating and asked ''You wouldn't happen to have more of this food would you ?....'' Kresimir asked, feeling a bit ashamed.

Set made by me ;D
My claims;
Spoiler:
I claimed Conlaodh from Force User Roleplay,  Bartholomew Fatima from Xenogears, Link from LoZ, Erza from Fairy tail and Kallo from The guild RP. I co-claimed Leah7 & LadyTwi.
JosephJoestar
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by spectral on 23rd August 2012, 6:32 am

Micia is happy to see everyone relaxed for the most part. She watches them carefully as the talk. They are a good group, yes a little raw, but they get along together. Which means they can learn to work together. She misses the days of being an Ensen herself sometimes. It is hard to be flirty as a captain.

They are waiting for one last person damn it she wants to get this over with. She looks pointedly at Maive and shakes her head. She holds up her fingers indicating 5 more minutes. She wanted to get this done as much as them. This isn’t the first time Stephan’s been late and frankly she is sick of it.

She watches the conversation between Logrin and Z’Tan and smirks at the nonverbal communication definitely something brewing between the two. She wishes them the best. She could not imagine tying herself down to one person, especially during a war.

Ayade and Thormod each come in looking a bit nervous. Micia knows they have been through hell with Caldwell, but she is not like the Taldor. Micia knows that she will need the cooperation as well as respect of her Ensens. She does not like using the fear route unless she has to.

She looks at Maive again and shrugs.

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

spectral
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Baal Xoia on 23rd August 2012, 9:21 am

Stephan almost smiles when Victoire offers to spar. "You've already half worn yourself out, first with the battle, now with this. We'll talk tomorrow when you're fresh." With that, Stephan turned and walked out of the training field. Restless, he went to the wall, and stood there, surveying the battlefield. The ground was still torn and scorched from the lightning, but otherwise, there were no signs of the Kurian, and all was quiet now.

Returning to the bunkers, he saw two other Ensens walking out of the room, talking about a debriefing. He removed his armor, and slipped into his casual clothes, consisting of a plain grey tunic and pants, and put on his arm band. He walked into the debriefing room, and everyone was already there. He silently took a seat and waited for it to begin.

Baal Xoia

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 23rd August 2012, 12:53 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Adrian let her go, rubbing at his forehead and letting out a sigh. Damn it. Damn it all to hell, he thought, turning away from the field and starting up to his office.

His heart sank as he flung open the door to his office. It seemed someone else had dropped off more paperwork while he was out training, and his desk had practically disappeared underneath all the troop movements and supply requisitions and accounts and promotions.

His armor, sword, and halberd hung in the corner of his office, nearly pristine but for the water that was slowly pooling beneath them after the storm today. He grumbled to himself as he moved to stand behind his desk, not letting himself sit. Damn it, he could nearly drown himself in all that paperwork, in all the deeds and all the actions that he ordered and never got to see.

He turned away from his desk, pacing restlessly. Special Forces were more a personal pride sort of thing – his family would gain nothing from his movement to Special Forces. In fact, they’d only lost what they’d gained from him – all that political power and respect would be gone in an instant. His parents would be pissed, but he didn’t give a damn about them. His siblings, on the other hand…

Nikolai wouldn’t understand it. He was still young, really, just graduated from training and still thought in the Romantic version of the army, the storybook war, like many raw recruits. He’d see giving up his rank as shameful, though it would help if he was accepted into Special Forces. But Arianna was just as impetuous as Al, if much less aggressive. She’d understand… maybe. But she also had more to lose – she was an Ayudar, if a weak one, she had the chance to go places.

Damn it all. He’d been living for his family ever since he first became a captain, and he still couldn’t stand it. He wanted to see the battlefield, just like Al, but he had the sense of responsibility she always lacked. He was almost jealous.

He glanced over at his desk again. Damn it. He couldn’t stand another minute of this. He’d already given them years of his life, wasn’t that enough?

Adrian pulled out his chair and collapsed in it with a sigh. For a long time, he simply stared across his desk, thinking.

Finally, he shoved his paperwork to the side, clearing a space and pulling out a sheet of paper to start on his application.

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenyatta on 23rd August 2012, 2:59 pm

As they all arrive, Rathlea is speaking to Kresimir about how she had a nap during their break. Albeit a brief one, but a good one. As each person enters, she greets them with a nod of her head, but doesn't stay too much as the group converses.

When the last person arrives, she clears her throat, a symbol of silence. There's a podium up front, where Micia is already standing, but Rathlea doesn't feel any need for it. Rather, she stands in front of it, leaning against it for support as she crosses her arms casually.

"You all did a good job out there, guys." Rathlea starts, "We kicked some Kurian ass. Sure, the Commander had to save our asses, but we did great. I ask that we all stay together as a team from now on. I can't afford to lose you--any of you. We have a great team and I'd like to keep it that way."

Rathlea dips her head back, looking up at Micia from behind the podium. She almost smiles as her arms remained crossed. She pulls her head back, however before speaking, her blank expression returned.

"Did you have anything to say, Captain Altiere, before I continue with our next orders from Command?"

Zenyatta
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd August 2012, 3:52 pm

Victoire had a smug little smirk on her face, after all, she was in POWER! Having control over a person was intoxicatingly sweet, and she did not want to relinquish that feeling. "Oh, Kressie... you know how I would LOVE to share food with you, but..." she starts to fake-sob, "I already ate all my beef jerky!" It was an acting performance worthy of a large prize named after an ugly animal, living on a street named after a seed, who lives in a garbage can. After seeing the look on Kresmir's face, she laughed haughtily, handing him a piece of her famous jerky.

"Here, doofus. It's my own recipe." After handing him the jerky, Captain Rathlea began giving a speech on how great we all did and stuff. We got lucky, nothing to it, but praise is always good, and she took it in stride. Waiting for new orders, Victoire suddenly began to feel jittery. Her facade was breaking a little bit, wanting to bring up how ugly these uniforms were, not to mention wanting to get back out in the sun. She clapped at the end of the Captains first speech out of habit, after all, you clap after the speaker's done, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 23rd August 2012, 4:13 pm

[Attn: Debreifing]

"V... Logrin," Victoire said stumbling and staying with the more formal approach."if you rest here, your buddy Wymond there can wake you up." It seemed that nothing had really changed... except that there was perhaps more awkwardness between them, maybe that was to be expected.

''Sure he can rest, there's still some folks missing after all.'' Kres said looking more at the jerky in Victoire's hand then at the girl. ''You wouldn't happen to have more of this food would you ?....'' Kresimir asked hopeful.

"Oh, Kressie... you know how I would LOVE to share food with you, but..." she starts to fake-sob, "I already ate all my beef jerky!" She teased his partner, and it was oddly hilarious. It was very hard not to laugh in fact. The look on Kresimir's face was priceless, not to mention that his stomach growled again. After just enough teasing she gave in and handed him a piece, taking pity on the bear in Kresimir's stomach. "Here, doofus. It's my own recipe."

Valen sighs and shakes his head, it was easy to pick on Kres sometimes. After the little show he finally answers to two of them, not wanting them to think he is all that weak after all. "I'll stay awake, it won't be hard. It shouldn't be too much longer before they all show up anyway." Thinking towards the future he puts in, "Besides if I fall asleep now, I probably won't be awake completely for my meeting with the Commander." He wasn't looking forward to that. Valen was seriously worried that the Commander had something to tear into him about, and it was grating on his nerves.

Eventually Ayade and Thormod enter the room. Valen relaxes on seeing them, here in this room, alive. He hadn't noticed how much he was worried over their deaths till he was sure they were in fact alive. Sometimes hearing about something wasn't as good as knowing it firsthand, and this was one of those times.

Stephen was the last to enter, something that wasn't out of the ordinary. almost right after Rathlea and Altiere start to debrief them. Oddly enough not much was mentioned about the details, which was fine really. They all knew what had happened, and even on areas they had to improve themselves. Logrin still was kind of strangely let down that there wasn't much brought up, perhaps there was a reason behind it but he couldn't fathom it. He'd have to ask Kresimir afterwards.

So Valen sat there, waiting for the debriefing to end, new orders to be assigned and the meeting to end... only to have to go to another. Inside he was worried that perhaps he was going to be reprimanded for recklessness, failure to follow orders or something along those lines. His mind was going so far as to even make more ridiculous problems into valid concerns for him. All in all it wasn't doing him all that well to brood on it.

Member Claims: Gateway Bot, MethosArchaic, Pachirisu71
OC Claims: Kydoimos from The Umbrella Colony
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by JosephJoestar on 23rd August 2012, 5:05 pm

(ATTN : Debriefing room)

Hearing what captain Rathlea said in reply to him asking he says ''I see, I'm glad you could get some rest yourself.''

Kresimir looked so depressed when Victoire said she had no more, but it's then that she showed another. He sigh and say with a smirk ''Why does everyone enjoy making fun of me ?...'' but he smile afterward ''Thanks...''

He eat the beef jerky and looked like he loved it a lot. Now this was hitting the spot ! To his partner lines he replied ''Oh ! Right, that other meeting. '' He was glad he could eat now. Soon enough all arrived and the captains started to speak.

Waiting for the new orders, he listen carefully.

Set made by me ;D
My claims;
Spoiler:
JosephJoestar
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by spectral on 23rd August 2012, 5:28 pm

“I just want to reiterate that we are a team guys. This is a real war, not the fairy tales that you hear about. This is not time to go Neanderthal and think you can kick ass on your own, because those actions will get you killed. So listen to your Captains, Taldors, and Commanders. Who knows some day you may be the one standing here.” Micia winks at them.

Spoiler:

spectral
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenyatta on 23rd August 2012, 6:08 pm

"Gods, I hope not." Rathlea jokes, "Can you imagine Z'Tan here as a Commander? Scary shit, right there."

She laughs a bit before dragging up a chair, pulling up to her, and turning it backwards before sitting on it, her legs on either side of the back of the chair. Her arms rest on the back's edge, her hands dangling over in a relaxed way.

"Alright, well, I hate to break to you, guys...but we get duty in two nights--for three nights, as well as renovation work. On the Serraph's corner." Rathlea sighs this last part out, prepared for the rush of protests. No one enjoys duty on the Serraph's Corner, especially not at night, and for several reason.

For one, Serraph's Corner is the central point between the East and South War Zone Fortifications. As it is the central point, is is the farthest spot from any safety, to say the least. No giver close by to save your mate if you die, no immediate medics, no Commander or Taldor to pass the buck to when shit gets bad...not to mention, the wall here is the favorite attack spot of the Kurian. This section is practically impossible to keep fortified, they keep wearing the wall down.

Additionally, at night, it's hard as hell to see anything, and Kurian do not always stop for the lack of sunlight. Three times, while Rathlea has been in the military, this section of the wall has fallen under attack at night. Let's not forget the constant stories of how the place is haunted. Sure, the Corner has a neat little watch tower, but the place is horrible in appearance, as well as deathly cold. Everyone, just about, seems to think there are ghosts there.

Also, it snows there--all the time. No one knows why it is this way, but it simply is. It's constantly freezing, and restocking wood for fires and other needs for warmth are a constant pain in the ass. Plus, they get to renovate the old, haunted tower, which is desperately in need of it, as it can't even keep the cold out.

Finally, the main tower guards and upkeep are complete asses. They are there all the time, but as the wall guard are rotated, they seem to have a sense of resentment, as Rathlea takes it, and they are tough men, as well as rough around the edges. They aren't pleasant to be around, and they aren't welcoming, either.

Spoiler:

Zenyatta
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd August 2012, 6:35 pm

Victoire simply growls, glaring at Rathlea. "I'd make a GREAT commander, for your information! Sure, I'm harsh, but I'm at least fair! Look at half the assholes who call themselves 'captain'! They're not even half fit to command a DOG, let alone an entire Ensen group!" Stomping like a child, she pouts a little, crossing her arms and looking away. After all, Victoire was a great bondmate AND a great person! She's honest and everything, how could ANYONE doubt her charisma and leadership skills! After turning back, she saw everyone stifling a little giggle and immediately felt silly, blushing and apologizing for her outburst. Oh, boy, this was embarrassing. Damn it, she looked just like a little girl now! "Apologies, Captain."

Serraph's corner... Ugh. That hell hole. It was bad enough that they had to go to station in TWO DAYS, that was barely enough time to pack! But having to deal with those... those pigs!

Back to top Go down

Post by JosephJoestar on 23rd August 2012, 7:39 pm

(ATTN : Debriefing)

Listening to what Rathlea said about their assigned mission, Kresimir sigh and say ''Serraph's ? ... not looking forward to that... So freaking cold there.'' He said with a sigh. ''I swear it's not a lucky period for me. I get soaked wet and then I'm sent toward freezing hell. Oh well... I'll survive I think...'' He thought to himself.

Even though he never went there personaly, he knew people who did go before and it's the last place he'd want to go. It's cold everyone act like assholes and there's no giver close ?... That thought was the one that made him the most afraid, but he wouldn't bring it up. Still if something went bad again ... no he just doesn't want to think about it.

His face seemed lost in thoughts all of the sudden.

Set made by me ;D
My claims;
Spoiler:
JosephJoestar
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top