Sword & Shield

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sword & Shield

Post by Zenyatta on 11th August 2012, 4:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

xenolion & Leah7, HikariKurgari & MethosArchaic, Red & EphPhoenix, Artorious & Leah7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain -- Unit Maka'i
Micia Altiere
Maive Rathlea

Ensen -- Unit 271 (Maka'i) under Captains Rathlea & Altiere
Victoire Z'Tan
Shawn R. Beret

Valen Logrin
Kresimir Jehan Wymond

Captain -- Unit 391
Captain Adrian Luthar
Captain Alwilda Caldwell

Ensen -- Unit 391 under Captains Luthar & Caldwell
Kalika Ayade
Zeran Thormod

Ryan Oakshield
Adelaide D'Aramitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maive steps through the wall at the end of the unit's line, the gate closing automatically behind her. The Kurian roars with fury as it throws itself up against the wall with its weight, making the thick, stone wall almost seem to rattle, seemingly as revenge for its prey's escape. The gate clangs from the disturbance and she gestures to the top of the stairs that lead to the wall's upper ledge.

"Get up there and get on top of it!" She screams, "If you have anything ranged, I suggest you use it. Now!"

A few loose bricks tumble down on the Kurian is it rights itself. If it keeps this up, their wall won't last much longer. They need to finish the fortification work on the walls, or else there won't be any walls to fortify. Thankfully, the other two nearby Kurians are interested in other things, rather than their weakened wall.

"Logrin, I need lots of rain! Those fuckers are on a hill, make it beneficial!" Maive orders as she follows her unit up the wall, "Ayade, get up front, use your shell to protect the wall!"

Logrin snaps his fingers, calling for her attention, She looks his way impatiently, "Captain, you sure? It'll set the dirt work back behind by a few days, at least."

The two Kurians in the distance realize the weaken state of the wall, thanks to their close friend. She looks at their advance with hesitation. "Do it. We'll buy you the time you need...there are no allies out there, but they may have reinforcements by the time you're ready."

"Thormod, use your flame strike on this one!" She orders as the Kurian rears back to hit the wall again. "Everyone else, ranged weapons at the ready and fire at will!"

Last edited by Leah7 on 29th March 2013, 2:14 pm; edited 7 times in total

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
Zenyatta
Administrator

Empress Empowered

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sword & Shield

Post by JosephJoestar on 16th August 2012, 11:42 pm

(ATTN : Maive, Open)

Kresimir understand the captain and says ''Yeah I know what you mean, although relaxing is necessary to not break. Please consider some rest yourself Captain Rathlea.'' He changed his way of calling her since somebody was approaching. This person seemed to be wanting her to go see the Taldor. She gave him apologic looks, but Kresimir smiled showing that it was alright.

''It's okay, I was gonna go get some rest myself. Oh and don't worry, I'm not hurt or anything. Well... I'll let you go to your duties now. '' He started to move toward his given quarters that weren't exactly smelling like roses. Oh well, he was used to it. After all they were all fighters.
He removed his katana and crashed into his bed to get some sleep himself. Maybe Kresimir didn't show it, but the battle did drain him on the magic side himself. It took him only a few minutes to fall asleep.

Set made by me ;D
My claims;
Spoiler:
I claimed Conlaodh from Force User Roleplay,  Bartholomew Fatima from Xenogears, Link from LoZ, Erza from Fairy tail and Kallo from The guild RP. I co-claimed Leah7 & LadyTwi.
JosephJoestar
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17th August 2012, 9:04 am

ATTN: Zeran

Ayade pulls Zeran away while appologizing To Alwilda about Zeran's outburst, once outside the office, Kalika sighs amd looks at Zeran "Hey you knucklehead we messed up, we are in no position to argue, look im a diplomat and im not even trying to do anything about our punishment. So just let it slide and in my opinion, what happened to us on the field was a good enough lesson.." she says with her voice breaking near the end of her sentance. "I thought i was going to lose you Zeran.." she whispers almost inaudibly.

She shakes her head and whipes off a tear and turns around to walk away. She than changes the mood by saying with a big smile "Besides you should be happy, we are going to spend quality time together in something other than fighting, and your cooking skills could use a kick in the ass" she finishes, giggleing and preparing herself to run away from an "angry" Zeran.

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 17th August 2012, 9:11 am

Alwilda salutes them back. "At ease," she said afterward.

She walked over to the front of her desk and leaned against it. "There was a gross lack of conduct under your command, ladies," she began. "Seeing as you know the rules so well, Captain Rathlea--here's your book back, by the way--" she tossed it at her feet "why not tell me what a captain's first responsibility is...?"

"A captain's first responsibility is the well-being of their unit, ma'am," Rathlea answered stiffly.

"Correct," said Alwilda. "So tell me exactly, ladies, how letting two of your members run wild is in the best interests of the well-being of the unit?"

"It isn't, ma'am," said Rathlea answered again.

"No, it sure as hell isn't," Alwilda agreed. "So, then, tell me, captains, why did it happen?"

"I'm unable to answer that question, ma'am," answered Rathlea. "Any answer given would only be taken as an excuse."

Alwilda said nothing, only looked to Altiere. "And you, Captain Altiere," she said, "what have you to say?"

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by spectral on 17th August 2012, 12:21 pm

“Nothing, other than to add that we will be sure to rectify the problem with the whole unit so the problem never happens again, Madam Taldor.” Micia answers succinctly. She looks at Taldor Caldwell and awaits the punishment she has in store for them.

New siggy will be coming soon

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

spectral
VIP

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 17th August 2012, 12:52 pm

Alwilda nodded. "Well, then," she said, "it would seem you're aware of the problem and intend to take steps to rectify it. Good. See that you do before we're digging funeral plots. If your units fail, it'll be because you failed them; if they succeed, it's because you led them to victory. And good fucking luck, there, because from what I saw on that wall, you've got some raw recruits on your hands. That is all. Dismissed."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 17th August 2012, 2:49 pm

[ATTN: Terrence]

The Commander looked up, almost stunned for a moment, before his gaze hardened. Damn it, Al. It figured she'd pissed off the dumbasses a few times too many. Some of their pansy-ass officers seemed to forget this was a fucking army sometimes, and didn't care for Al's blunt approach to command.

Fucking idiots. They should have reported any complaints to him, not the bureaucracy. Now he had this kid to deal with. It'd take ages to sort things out rather than days.

"Your investigation will be unnecessary, Ensen," he finally said, straightening some papers on his desk as he quietly seethed. Of course, Al was to blame, too. She never broke any rules, simply bent them, but she bent them so far around sometimes it was fucking ridiculous. "This is my command, and I will discuss the issue personally with my Taldor as soon as possible and take every action necessary." He knew she hated the position with a passion - she'd only agreed to be Taldor when he said he wouldn't take anyone else - but, hell. If it came down to it, he'd just run command without a Taldor.

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by spectral on 17th August 2012, 4:54 pm

Micia salutes Taldor Caldwell before exiting the room. She closed the door and puts her arm around Maive. “Well that went better than expected. Did you check up on Ensen Logrin? I think we will debrief the troop when he is ready that way we won’t have to repeat ourselves twice. It is a good lesson for everyone to learn.”

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

spectral
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenyatta on 17th August 2012, 5:44 pm

[ATTN: Commander Luthar]

"I understand, Sir, that this is your command," He replies, "However, I intend no slight or disrespect, but I'm afraid that Command has decided that my investigation is indeed necessary. Unfortunately, I will need to be placed into a Unit and continue with my orders, regardless of your opinion on this matter. Honestly, Sir, it sucks for the both of us."

He sighs, relaxing only a little as the sincere regret fills his tone as he speaks, and he brings his hands to clasp each other behind his back. "For all intents and purposes, my bondmate and I are to be placed temporarily under your command. If you have any problems with my purpose here, I can only suggest that you contact Command. For all other intents and purposes, my partner and I are to be treated as Ensen and will perform all necessary duties to which we are stationed."

[ATTN: Micia]

"Agreed," Maive replies as they walk away, "But I didn't get to look in on Logrin, just yet. I was going to when I got summoned, so yeah. I'm going to head that way now. You coming with, or returning to whatever you were doing?"

She begins to turn towards the infirmary, but gives Micia a short hug beforehand, after making sure that no one can see. She doesn't like anyone to see her affections or weaknesses. And to her, even a hug could be viewed as such.

Zenyatta
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by spectral on 17th August 2012, 7:28 pm

Micia smiles when Maive gives her a hug. She knows that they are rare from her as she does not like to show any signs of affection. “Hold up I will go with you. Better to show a unified front after all.” They walk together to the infirmary. “Hello, we are here to see Ensen Logrin. Is he receiving visitors?” She asks the nurse at the desk.

Spoiler:

spectral
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17th August 2012, 8:28 pm

[ATTN: Kresimir/Valen]

Stephan was being no fun. Training got boring after a while, so she finally stripped out of her battle armour and into more casual clothes... more specifically, a very deep blue dress, and high-cut blue boots. Laying her shoulder length hair back down, she heads to the healing barracks after getting a nice meal to go. "Hello?" The girl looked for a nurse, and when she did, she led her to Valen.

"Good evening." A smile appeared on her face. "Feeling okay?" A moment of tenderness appeared on her face; even though Valen wouldn't even respond, she felt better knowing that at least she had a personal connection with someone.

Last edited by Artorius on 17th August 2012, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 17th August 2012, 8:44 pm

Now that the work was out of the way, it was time to close with some training before hitting the bars. Luckily the training area was empty, so she took the time to go through her forms and target training, before hitting the heavy bag and mook jong.

A training session well spent, she went home, took a shower, and hit her favorite dive, The Golden Swag. Already, bets were going for arm wrestling, which she quickly got in on. After taking the money from all the losers, she went to her usual table and ordered her favorite green tea. This was the life...

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 18th August 2012, 9:32 am

[ATTN: Terrence, Al]

The Commander gave him a cold smile. Fucking pansy ass captains bringing the fucking bureaucracy in on a military operation. "Your investigation is unnecessary," he said, standing up and scribbling out a unit assignment quickly. "An investigation implies that the issue is unknown. You'll be assigned to Ensen 136. Dismissed."

As the Ensen left, Luthar was quick to follow him out the door, as well. He knew exactly where she'd be.

It didn't take long before he found her - inside one of the many military lounges within the fort. Bars, really. Men needed drink, after all.

There was some surprise as he walked in the door, men casting aside their drinks and their dice and trying to look proper. It was ridiculous. They learn from their captains well.

At least Al, amid is all, was honest - blatantly, aggressively honest. He pulled out the chair across from her without asking and sat.

"You've been making quite a stir," he said flatly.

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 18th August 2012, 9:54 am

Al sipped her tea calmly as the commander sat down. "And I should give a flying fuck, why?" she said.

She was off-duty, and those dumb ass rules didn't apply. She never understood why everyone hopped to when they were off.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic on 18th August 2012, 9:56 am

[Attn: Victoire Z'tan, any others in infirmary]
[POV: Merna - Nurse and Natural]

It was such a sweet gesture, there this girl was: Showing up to her boyfriend's side, in a cute dress and ohhh those boots.The nurse wished she had a pair of boots as nice as that, it had been over two weeks since she had a decent girl's night out.

Just look at the hair... it was obvious she had let it down. It was still slightly frazzled and damp, and she walked slowly. Given the fact that Logrin was an magi, the odd where so was his girlfriend. And then if she was a magi, then odds where she was an ensign and had been either on duty or training.

Stopping next to another nurse she asks, "So who is that Brigitte?"

"Who.." Brigitte waits till Merna nods her head towards the girl in the blue dress. "Ohh that's Victoire... Z'tan I think - Arruinar. I helped give her a physical once." She turns back to the man she is taking care of.

Merna taps her lip for a second then goes over to a bin, and pulls out a long silver bandana. She casually walks up to the girl and slips the band under her armpit, "Here sweetheart." Merna smiles as she ties the armband around Vicoire's upper arm. "You forgot your armband sweetheart." she taps the one on her arm pointing out the natural crossed vines.

Looking from the girls eyes she looks at Logrin, "Would you like me to wake him up for you darling? I'm sure he'd want to see you." The nurse nods her head to another patient. "You dressed up all for him right?"

Member Claims: Gateway Bot, MethosArchaic, Pachirisu71
OC Claims: Kydoimos from The Umbrella Colony
MethosArchaic

Life's Lemonade

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 18th August 2012, 9:58 am

"Because people are starting to bitch about it," Adrian replied. No way in hell was he telling her about the investigation - knowing her, she'd act up worse than usual just so she could get demoted. "Openly. But of course you don't give a flying fuck about that, either."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 18th August 2012, 10:10 am

Alwilda smiled. "You know me so well," she said, a laugh in her voice. She sipped her tea. "And let'em bitch and moan," she added with a shrug, "they got a problem they can say it to my face. That Rathlea bitch has a pole up her ass bigger than yours, but at least she had the balls to speak up." Her smile deepened. "You should see if she's single, old man, a good fucking would help you both."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenyatta on 18th August 2012, 6:18 pm

Rayd pulls back her bowstring, patiently pausing to aim before shooting towards the Water Kurian and piercing through its fleshy forearm. Its eyes move to the feathery end as it roars a high pitched tone of pain. It looks angrily around, searching for its shooter, but finds Rayd's bondmate, instead. It whirls around, finding the blade swinging towards down over its head.

Kaiden brings down the blade just as it begins to glow a luminous red, appearing hot from a distance on all but the hilt. Rayd feels the sharp tug of the mana drain, leaving her hardly any for a spell she had considered using. Well, so much for that.

The agile Water Kurian dodges, rolling to its right and just barely dodging the strike, but still feeling feeling the immense heat from the weapon. It scrambles away nervously as Kaiden grunts in irritation. Kaiden begins to circle the water Kurian as he waits for a chance to strike again. The Jumper turns, keeping its eyes on its prey as it snaps the arrow in half and pulls the thing out.

The sharp fangs clench from the pain--a very human-like gesture in retrospect--its eyes glowering with determination. As a bit of blue blood drips to the dirt, it scoffs, or at least, what can be interpreted as a scoff. It licks its wound with a long, reptilian tongue as it patiently watches its foe and waits for him to strike.

Kaiden has circled slowly, drawing the shape upon the ground with the tip of his sword as he keeps his body tense and ready to react, should the creature try anything. Finally, Kaiden feels his spell return to him and he grins with confidence as he feels the energy rising. His knees bend as the sword is raised slightly, left parallel to the ground.

Predictably, the thing leaps up into the air, easily dodging his attack and leaping down towards him from above. With a quick full spin of his blade, he brings the sword up as his body falls prone, the tip touching the sky as the Kurian falls with wide-eyed realization.

Rayd feels the tug again as he uses the same spell upon the Kurian's demise. She's angry--an emotion that he can surely feel through their bond, considering how close they are to each other. As usual, there is no magic left for her to use. Kaiden always insists upon using it all in every fight.

She moves towards him, assisting him as they wrestle the dead thing off of him. She helps him to stand with one hand, he takes it quickly and then pulls out his now cooled sword. He looks off warily, his eyes alert and darting here and there.

"They'll be here, soon." He says quietly.

"I know. Let's go." Rayd replies curtly.

"No need to be hateful. Someone should be glad I'm still alive, at least--that was a close call."

"Whatever." She replies angrily.

"Look, I'm sorry. I'll try not to use it all, next time."

"That's what you keep saying."

They leave the area quickly, ending the conversation abruptly as they head towards the border of Thessalonia. They walk low to the ground, almost on their knees as they move ever vigilant into the shadows cast by the Chanta Forest. The Forest's edge is always the safest area, as the Kurian usually stick to the open flat-lands on its sides. However, the forest is also dangerous, because the Kurians are often seen within, using the cover to their advantage for being unseen until it's too late.

Rayd keeps her eyes to the open lands to their right as Kaiden watches the forest that is on their left. Staying on the border and moving so much makes them easy targets for the eyes of their enemies...but, the enemies aren't usually out this far. They will go as they have always gone--around the Forest's edge and through the back wall of the Kingdom. If they are lucky, they'll be passing the Crucible by bedtime...which means they'll be home, in Yurunthar, by the next day. That just means getting to the wall unseen...

Zenyatta
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18th August 2012, 9:53 pm

Victoire felt a hand on her... NO ONE should be touching her without her knowing it. She spun around quickly and sighed. "Don't freakin' go up behind me like that, I might accidentally punch you or something." She accepted the protocol-abiding band and looked back at Valen. Damn, those cheekbones were FIIIINE, and it didn't hurt that he was one powerful badass motherfucker. She looked up at the nurse ludicrously. Does the girl think she'd dress up for ANYONE? Well, she sort of did, but THAT WASN'T THE POINT!

"I think you're mistaken... I'm not his... anything, really, we're just team mates... doesn't a team mate care about another team mate?" A rose spread across her cheeks and she gulped, not wanting to smack her but also not wanting to... well, you know! Who wouldn't want a hunk like that?!? "Apologies, I've gotta go..." She lied. "Captain's probably going to debrief us. Please wake up Val... Logrin when he's ready to join the unit." Victoire stomped away, flushed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 18th August 2012, 10:07 pm

[ATTN: Al]

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Thanks. Because you couldn't rub it in any more," he said flatly. He hadn't had any relationship with a woman since becoming Commander - everybody was his damned subordinate, and there were rules on that for a reason.

"But Al," he said, crossing his arms and leaning forward on the table, "You're starting to bend things too far, see? Neither of us wants to be forced to demote you, because then I'll just not promote another Taldor and work myself to death."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 18th August 2012, 10:38 pm

Alwilda took another sip of her tea before responding. "Yeah, right," she said with a grin, "after I taught you to finally delegate, you've been doing so much better--though you sure enjoyed putting the workload on me," she added with a grumble. "You'll just have to delegate it to the lowly captains.

"Besides," she said, staring him down squarely, "I don't pull my punches. They want their g*ddamn hand held? Then they can go home and fuck their mothers cause they ain't gettin' that shit from me!"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 18th August 2012, 10:41 pm

He grinned "You'd be a lowly captain, my dear," he said, then shook himself. He had to stay on track. "And yes, I'm aware of that, that's why you're my damned Taldor," he said. "But..." He sighed. "I'll make a deal with you. You don't act like a complete bitch all the time, and I'll try to keep you away from the idiots. Deal with them myself. How's that sound?"

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 18th August 2012, 10:45 pm

She slammed her cup down. "I don't believe this!" she growled. "You want me to fucking mollycoddle the g*ddamn sons of bitches! It's bad enough I let you drag me into this fucking position in the first place! I'm not about to dance a merry jig just because you don't want to hire another g*ddamn Taldor!"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 18th August 2012, 10:49 pm

He raised his eyebrows. "Al. Settle down. Do I 'mollycoddle' the bastards? No? I didn't think so either. I'm just asking that you, y'know, extend your vocabulary outside the two dozen curse words you know."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 18th August 2012, 11:00 pm

"G*ddamn, cocksucking, cunt-ass, pussy-ass, monkey-fucking, dick-taking, cowardly pieces of g*ddamn shit!" she roared, throwing her cup. It shattered against the wall.

"Hey!" the bartender protested, but quailed and went silent at the glare she gave him.

She looked back at Adrian. "How about I just fucking turn in my g*ddamn commission?" she said, suddenly feeling the need to hit something.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 18th August 2012, 11:03 pm

He stood up slowly, raising his hands in mock surrender. "Fine," he said. "Pussy. Didn't think a couple of idiots could break a girl like you..."

He shrugged. He understood the look in her eye. "Anyway, I'm going to the training field," he said. "Wanna come with?" It was, in a sense, his attempt at a peace offering. The last time he tried to strong-arm her into something, it took over a year for the two of them to be on speaking terms again.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top