Religious Reign

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Religious Reign

Post by xenolion on 15th September 2012, 10:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Hialeah wakes up as the sunlight filters her room. She rises from her bed and gets ready for the day. Dressed in her robes she goes to the chapel and sets it up for the daily services. “Good morning Father,” She bows politely greeting the priest as he walks in. She is just setting up the candles.

“Good morning Lady Hialeah, I hope Sagia blessed your sleep.” The priest responds placing the book on the altar.

“I slept well, thank you Father, may Sagia bless you.” Hialeah replies as the finishes up. She bows in front of the altar and to the priest before leaving the chapel. Her next destination is the chapel gardens. What started off as a simple plot to keep Hialeah busy as a child, has grown to a full scale garden. The priests encouraged Hialeah’s green thumb and because of her the fruits and vegetables produced by the chapel are known throughout the city.

Hialeah sings as she tends her gardens. Her beautiful mezzo-soprano voice drifts through the gardens. The priests do not push for her to be in the church choir though. It is like they do not want her to perform in front of anyone. It is a beautiful sunny morning as the works on pulling the weeds and watering the gardens.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

New siggy will be coming soon

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

xenolion
VIP

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious Reign

Post by xenolion on 25th October 2015, 9:03 am

Hialeah listens to the man's plea. She understands the repercussions a child out of wedlock has on people of society. Ignoring her own discomfort, she smiles kindly at Duke Latheon and places her hand on his shoulder. "Worry not, I will marry them. Do we have time to pick up my things from the temple? It will be the first wedding as a priestess, and I would like to have my book. Unless you have a book of Sagia at your estate. I insist you ride with us in the carriage as well, we have the room for one more."

She looks over to Maria. "I hope you don't mind a minor delay. Kisten won't expect us back until later anyway.

Spoiler:
Member:  Leah7, Aernith OC:  Mori Harubana Uteke Merrick  Anime:  Lance from Voltron,  Cheetara from Thundercats  Video Game: Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, Auron from Final Fantasy X, Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII,  Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga, Keats from Folklore.

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 26th October 2015, 3:20 pm

"I can understand the circumstances. Should we not send work back to the estate that we are headed in that direction?" Maria asked. She hoped this was not a plan to get the priestess away. No one would even know where they were.

"I do not mind if we go. I will go with you if you wish." She said to Hialeah.

Luna's Claims:
Video Game Claims: Squall Leonheart From Final Fantasy 8, Rinoa Heartilly From Final Fantasy 8, Luna From Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Member Claims: Physis Xenolion OC Claims:  Akagi From Force Users Role Play, Claudia Lucroix from Dragaultia, Kalista Miranda From Pandora's Love Anime Claims:Lina Inverse from The Slayers, Inuyasha from Inuyasha, Excel from Excel Saga
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 26th October 2015, 9:41 pm

"Sagia is gracious," Duke Latheon says with pleasure at her acceptance, "I don't mind riding in the carriage, but my horse--"

"We'll take care of it," Karen says, interrupting the man, "You needn't concern yourself. I know you'll probably have the Book at home, but I'd advise letting the Priestess return to her church, beforehand."

"Very well." Duke Latheon says, nodding his head, "I cannot say what this means to me--to us. Your kindness will never be forgotten."

And so they head to the Church and as they stop to get the Priestess' things, Duke Latheon waits behind in the carriage with the driver while Karen and the two sisters head inside. The Duke is giving the driver instructions to his estate as they take their leave politely.

"I will send a message to Lord Aldain with your Church." Karen says quickly as they are out of earshot, "And I'll be with both of you the entire way. He will think I'll be staying in the carriage when we get there, but...I won't. "

Karen opens the door for them, "As far as he knows, I'm just another servant, yes?"

Click here to get started on GtR!

Many thanks to Skylar for making my sig/avy set!
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 27th October 2015, 3:15 pm

Hialeah is thankful for Karen's insistence on stopping at the temple. It is only a short ride there. She enters the church with Karen and Maria.

She goes to the back office and changes into the official robes. It is her first marriage as a priestess. She also gets the official certificate they will need for the marriage as well. Once she has gather her supplies, she returns to Karen and Maria. Something that Karen said bothered her at first. "If there is any reason why I should not go to the estate, please let me know now. Does it matter what your station is to the Duke?"

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 28th October 2015, 10:34 am

Karen shakes her head, "I simply meant that, as a servant, it will be "normal" for me to wait in the carriage for appearances. There is nothing wrong with this man, that I know of, nor do I know much of his estate. I was simply reassuring you that I will still be doing my job. Discreetly."

With that, Karen actually just hugs the two sisters briefly and she looks at Hialeah's robes with approval. She ponders a bit more before speaking again.

"Yes...I do think he is a good, upright man." Karen finally says, "That is my opinion. Still, I do not know him all that well. He and your husband are well acquainted, and Lord Aldain has never once said a word against him."

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 28th October 2015, 6:53 pm

Hialeah relaxes. She has been through recently and she does not like to be on edge all the time. Maybe that is why her stomach is acting all crazy. "Karen, I know you are always here for me."

Hialeah smiles as Karen hugs her. "Thank you for your assessment, it makes me feel so much better. I think we should return to the Duke. He is probably pacing outside."

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 28th October 2015, 7:21 pm

Maria nodded her head at Karen. "If you are not against it then I too will give my blessing for this." She said looking at Hialeah.

"Thank you for sending word back to Lord Aldain. It makes me feel secure to k kw that someone will know where we will be."

They head back out and sure enough the poor Duke is pacing. "Please forgive us for our tardyness sir, the Priestess needed to look her best." She explained.

Luna's Claims:
Video Game Claims: Squall Leonheart From Final Fantasy 8, Rinoa Heartilly From Final Fantasy 8, Luna From Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Member Claims: Physis Xenolion OC Claims:  Akagi From Force Users Role Play, Claudia Lucroix from Dragaultia, Kalista Miranda From Pandora's Love Anime Claims:Lina Inverse from The Slayers, Inuyasha from Inuyasha, Excel from Excel Saga
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 30th October 2015, 3:20 pm

"It is no trouble," Duke Latheon says immediately. He opens the door for the ladies and helps them in, but then returns to the front to help Karen climb up into the front. She thanks him quietly just as he heads back into the carriage with the women.

The carriage begins their ride once more and the Duke turns his gaze to the windows, looking out at the nature about them with quiet and mysterious pondering. He does, however, turn back to the ladies after a few minutes, to avoid being considered rude.

"I never heard that you had a sister," Duke Latheon says to strike conversation, "Nor have I seen her around our Church. Are you from out of town, Maria, like me?"

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 30th October 2015, 4:20 pm

Maria was surprised slightly at the dukes comments. She cleared her voice and looked at him with a smile. "Yes sir, I am from out of town." She wasn't sure if Hialeah had put the information out and looked at Hialeah inquisitively.

"We do have some similar features, don't we." It was more of a question then a statement.

Luna's Claims:
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 30th October 2015, 4:34 pm

Hialeah's face pales slightly. How did the Duke know about them? Maria is the first to speak. "Maria and her sister are guests at our estate. Circumstances brought them to us." She looks at Maria and studies her slightly. "Do you really think we look similar enough to be sisters?" She smiles slightly. Maybe it won't be too bad to have sisters, but can the church handle her having gypsy sisters?

"How far is it to your estate, Lord Latheon?" Hialeah turns her attention back to him. "I am excited to meet some the other nobles. I only wish Kisten was with us."

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 30th October 2015, 4:44 pm

From Maria's reply, Duke Latheon smiles and nods his head and is ready to say more until he hears Hialeah's response. Apparently, they aren't related, after all. His eyes move from one face to the other, an eyebrow raised, but he simply answers her question, rather than saying the thoughts on his mind.

"Yes, I apologize for my assumption. You two looked similar in ways, so I just...again, I am sorry." Duke Latheon says. He is grateful for Hialeah's change in the subject.

"We are only about ten minutes away," He replies, "You'll be able to meet my family, but...I do ask that you be patient with our cultural differences. We are part gypsy, and I know how the Church feels about the gypsies...in fact, I also wish that Lord Aldain were here. He is the sole reason my family was accepted as nobility, in the first place. He is a good man."

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 30th October 2015, 4:49 pm

Maria raises an eyebrow at the man. She wasn't sure she had seen him before, but maybe some of his family she would recognize. "Please, it will be fine." She said as she looked out of the carriage.

She turned to look at This. "Take time to look in your mirror." She said with a smile.

"Your gypsy family won't bother me sir." She simply said.

Luna's Claims:
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 30th October 2015, 5:09 pm

Hialeah smiles at Lord Latheon. "Do not worry, I know there are good gypsies and bad. I hope to see you and your family at my church, you will be welcome. I feel so lucky that the church arraigned our marriage. Lord Aldain is a wonderful, caring, and thoughtful man. I would like to hear how he helped your family out."

She hears Maria's comment. "Maybe when we get back we will have to see what Lord Latheon sees."

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 2nd November 2015, 2:25 pm

"Lord Aldain met with us when all other refused to even see us, let alone allow us into the City." Duke Latheon begins, "We wished to join with your civilization, to learn of your way of life. You had technologies and other practices that intrigued my people."

The carriage begins to carry on, but it moves uphill by a rather more steep amount than usual. The speed slows and Duke Latheon pauses his story to apologize for the incline.

He continues, "We are a people of many mixed cultures, but we did not find any solace or satisfaction in our religions or traditions. My family and a few others, however, did find that within the Sagian Church. If Lord Aldain hadn't given us a chance, we would never have been allowed to know of Sagia and her blessings."

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 2nd November 2015, 2:58 pm

Hialeah feels herself get pushed back in her seat due to the incline. "I am glad you were able to learn more about Sagia's blessings. At first I was afraid to leave the city, but now I know that I am just where Sagia needs me to be. I am supposed to be out among the people, and teach all people the blessings of Sagia. The same blessings I was given since I was a child." She smiles at the Duke. Just when her faith was being challenged, he gallops into her life. "I am beginning to realize how sheltered my upbringing was. I cannot wait to get to your estate. The view from there must be amazing."

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 4th November 2015, 6:18 pm

Maria continues to enjoy the view outside of the carriage. She pulls her head back in when they begin the incline. "It sounds as though your family and tribesman have had a hard life. It was nice of Lord Aldain to take you under his wing." She said as she looked over at Hialeah. "He is indeed a wonderful gentleman." She wondered if there was a downside to him. All she had ever heard were good things about him so far. No one had anything negative to say except the church.

Luna's Claims:
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 6th November 2015, 3:40 pm

As they reach the top of the hill, the large townhouse comes into view, indicating an architecture not quite like the others of this city. Due to its distance from other homes, of course, it makes sense to have whatever style they would request, but it is still odd, nonetheless.

The building is archaic in design, with stone wall carvings of gypsy history and viking style. Celtic patterns adorn the windows and just to the right of the home, a covered pavilion stood out with an opened wall showing what is inside with ease.

There, people sit upon chairs before a fire pit of large proportion while hides and tapestries that are in progress sit about, still being sewed on and dried. There are also paintings of various designs and there appear to be several women and men inside, laughing and talking all the while.

Once the carriage stops, Duke Latheon instantly gets out, opening the door for the ladies and assisting them with their exits. Karen can see everything with ease from the carriage, so she makes no move to get up. It would appear that they won't be actually entering the house, itself, since so much is going on out here in the pavilion.

Now that they are parked closer, Karen can see an alter on the wall in the back--a massive decoration representing Sagia in some of the most magnificent detail. Karen has never before seen such art to the Goddess--not even in the Churches.

Surprised, she can hear music--gypsy music...and even gypsy styled dancing can be seen from one girl in the back corner of the common area. As the guests walk towards them and enter into the pavilion, the others grow quiet as Duke Latheon smiles pleasantly at his kin.

Two people, a man and a woman, walk forward, all bearing tattoos on their faces that are similar to the Duke's They smile politely and bow in the greeting style of a gypsy, but Duke Latheon introduces them verbally.

"Please meet with the Sagian High Priestess, Hialeah and her good friend, Maria," Duke Latheon begins, "This is my Cousin, Aramis and his lovely bride-to-be, Penwa."

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 6th November 2015, 8:12 pm

Hialeah is excited as the carriage reaches the top of the hill. She can hear some strange music as the carriage stops. It is music she has never heard before. Duke Latheon is quick to exit and help the ladies out. When she get out she looks around as a pastoral scene. there are people sitting by a fire with hides. It is a scene that Hialeah has not seen being in the city. The people are dressed in gypsy clothing. She cannot help, but be a little nervous. These people aren't the same who harmed her many of years ago.

Duke leads them into the pavilion. There she sees a magnificent carving of Sagia. She is amazed by the detail in the carving. She could easily become lost in it. Duke Latheon brings her back when he introduces her to the bride and groom.

Hialeah bows her head to them. "It is a pleasure to meet both of you and an honor to perform the ceremony for you. May Sagia bless both of you and your baby as well.

Your estate is lovely Lord Latheon, it is perfect combination of the gypsy and Sagia. Evidence that they can coexist. I thank you for bringing me here. I understand you two wish to marry. When did you want me to perform the ceremony? I am so excited for both of you. I can already see the love between you."

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 10th November 2015, 6:02 pm

Maria is amazed at the village layout. The music brings back memories and the sights and sounds feels just like home. The only difference is that these gypsies know Sagia. She has heard of these kind of gypsies before and know they coexist between her world and her sisters.

"You have a beautiful place here." Maria said as the Duke helped her exit the carriage. She looks around and sees the dancing and smiles. What a wonderful dancer she thought. She was pretty and she moved to the music just so but then she turned her head and there was the statue of the goddess. It was wonderfully done and even she was in awe. She was quite as the bride and groom talked with the priestess. She did not wish to get in their way.

Luna's Claims:
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 16th November 2015, 4:52 pm

The lovely couple thank the Priestess for her kindness and soon, the Duke begins the preparations for the wedding ceremony. Most of it is already prepared, but the people were not quite milled about to watch and the bride needed to change her clothing.

After half an hour had passed, the wedding ceremony began and the Duke began playing an odd gypsy instrument, though the music he plays is clearly Sagian in origin. It is a piece often played and sung throughout the Church, though the Pope himself has elected it as the "Holy Song" of Sagia, personally, and even made a yearly Holiday for the song to be played at dawn and dusk in honour of her name.

As the two are happily wed and the ceremony is finished, the Duke is quick to follow the couple in their thanks to the Priestess, ever so grateful that she would take the time out of her day to help them. The bride, so sweetly and shyly, asks for her baby to be blessed.

When the celebrations have calmed down and the thanks are out of the way, Duke Latheon escorts the two ladies back to their carriage with gifts--gypsy-Celtic mixed, homemade candy baskets and a small, wooden flute that is finely decorated with Sagian art.

As he helps them both up into the carriage with one hand, he smiles as them with joy and satisfaction. "You two will always be welcome here in my home. Should you ever need a place to go--this place will always open to you. I would love to invite you both to our Wednesday Scripture studies, should it ever interest you."

Karen smiles politely and nods her head graciously, "I shall inform the Lord of your Kindness, Duke Latheon. We appreciate your respect and your welcome."

"It is the least I can do after such a precious gift has been given to me." Duke Latheon replies.

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 16th November 2015, 5:38 pm

Hialeah watches the activity as they get ready for the ceremony. The bride and groom got changed. The bride is wearing a colorful flowing dress that somehow fits the occasion perfectly. She goes by the altar they had set up and is joined by Aramis. The Duke is playing the Holy Song on an instrument she has not seen. She cannot help but sing along. She watches Penwa walk down the aisle.

The ceremony goes quick. Everyone is so thankful and gracious. She tells the new married couple that it would be her honor to bless the child either here or in the church. Duke Latheon walks them to their carriage. She sets the basket inside before taking Latheon’s hands. She looks into her eyes and smiles brightly. “It is I who should be thanking you, Duke. Thank you so much for bringing us here. It was truly Sagia’s plan for us to meet. Seeing this gives me hope that gypsies and Sagians can coexist peacefully. I will make an effort to be here for your studies. You and all your people are always welcome in my church. May Sagia shine her blessings upon you.”

Hialeah sits in the carriage with Maria. “That is exactly what I needed.” She puts her hand on her mouth to stop herself from saying more. She does not want Maria to know about her faith being shaken. She takes the basket and examines the flute. “You do not happen to play? I would love to hear this played in my church. I wonder if Kisten plays. He knows the violin.”

She smells the chocolate in the baskets. “Oh the chocolate smells so good, I know I should wait.” She takes one of the pieces and places it in her mouth. “Oh that is so good. You should have a piece Maria, they are so good."

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 27th November 2015, 10:57 am

Maria had heard the song that the Duke is playing. Though she does not know how to play the song herself sense it is a song of the church. She smiles as he plays his instrument knowing it is an instrument of the gypsies.

She enjoys the style of wedding they have and as their carriage begins to leave, she looks at Hialeah. "Maybe someday gypsies and the church can one day be side by side." She said.

She smiles as she takes a piece of the chocolate. "I do know how to play the instrument. It is an older instrument that has been handed down through the years of our people." She takes the flute and after eating the piece of chocolate begins to play an old gypsy song.

Luna's Claims:
Luna

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 28th November 2015, 9:09 am

Hialeah listens to the song that Maria plays it is an uplifting fun song, completely different than the Sagia's. She closes her eyes listening to her music. Were they really sisters? What kind of life would she have lived if she grew up with them as family?

She shakes her head slightly. No she cannot think like this. It will do her no good. Sagia does things for a reason. It would be nice to meet them someday though. Just to tell them she is alright.

Hialeah takes another chocolate as Maria starts up another piece. She yawns. "I cannot believe I am so tired. I hardly did anything today. I will have to tell Kisten what happened though."

She feels the carriage slow down and looks out the window. They have arrived back at the estate. One of the servants opens the door and helps the ladies out. "Is Kisten awake yet?" She cannot wait to tell him about her day.

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 on 2nd December 2015, 7:38 pm

"No, milady, he sleeps." One of the servants say, "It would seem young Nisa and her uh...friend are visiting in the den. The Lord did ask to be awakened when you arrived--would you prefer that I do this, or would you like to, Lady Aldain?"

The Carriage has stopped and Karen is off the top and helping the two girls down and out of the thing. She seems happy to be home as she almost runs to the estate, opening the door for them to enter. With a smile, no less, despite her injured and wrapped arm.

In the den, Nisa is arm wrestling Jack. He's rather enjoying himself, since he always wins, but she's using both of her arms against his one, this time! Now she should stand a chance. With a look of determination, she glares at him as he smiles in response, looking smug.

JerriLeah7
Administrator

Empress Empowered

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion on 3rd December 2015, 4:13 pm

Hialeah looks at the servant. "Nisa has a guest? Other than Eran or Jaer? Well I must greet him. Then I will wake up Kisten. I trust that he has been attended too while I was away. Come on Maria, let's go." She walks with Maria to the room where Nisa and her guest are. She smiles upon seeing them arm wrestling.

"Hello, I heard we had a guest. Forgive me for not being here earlier. I am P..Lady Hialeah Aldain and I welcome you to our house." She smiles at Nisa and her guest.

Spoiler:

xenolion
VIP

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top