Hide and Seek

Page 5 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hide and Seek

Post by Red on 19th September 2012, 10:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cage nodded. "He got there before me," he said. "He pretended to be Jack..."

Dom closed his eyes for a moment, taking a breath. "We were with each other the entire time. We... fled, while he was busy..." He opened his eyes again, his shame apparent. "I can vouch for these two," he said. "I figured there was nowhere else to go but here..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 29th September 2012, 12:05 am

His shaking left his aim unsteady, and she was able to dodge easily, even slowed as she was. She growled as she stumbled again, glancing back at those along the wall as her eyes darted around for Laura, still invisible.

She let out a series of desperate explosions around her, one of them finally striking Laura and sending her flying. She turned then, darting off deeper into the facility.

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 29th September 2012, 12:08 am

Raziel slumped. "Damn it..." he growled, his eyes going back to normal. "I...don't have anything left to chase that bastard with..."

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 30th September 2012, 6:42 pm

Laura hesitated, considering chasing after her for a moment before she dropped her spell and darted to Raziel's side. "Doesn't matter," she muttered. "You're alive." We're all alive. It was a fucking miracle, really.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 30th September 2012, 7:36 pm

"Does...matter," he growled. "That bastard lives. None of us are gonna be safe, now..."

He slumped. "I'm useless..." he muttered, slamming a fist on the floor.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 30th September 2012, 10:25 pm

Laura shook her head. "No, you're not," she said. "We didn't know what to expect. Calm down."

She looked back towards the other three, moving over to them as she threw up another light. "Alive, you're all alive, right?" she asked, and Iris groaned. She checked Cage and her father for a pulse - still out, mostly, but alive.

There was no telling how long that thing would be gone before it returned. They had to leave, now, but with all of them like this...

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 1st October 2012, 10:05 am

"You...should get out of here before it comes back..." he said. "I...need to go back after it. It...needs to die..."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 1st October 2012, 5:36 pm

"Yeah, sure," she said sarcastically. "Good plan. And when you come back tonight I'll know for sure it's you, because there's no way you'd lose."

They had to stick together now, so long as that thing was around. She walked back over to him, holding out a hand to help him up. "We need to get out of here," she said. All of us. Well, maybe not the woman, she didn't care so much about her.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 1st October 2012, 9:26 pm

"Point...taken," he said ruefully, accepting the hand and grimacing as he was lifted to his feet. "I think death would be the better option to this..." he added with a chuckle and a grimace.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 2nd October 2012, 10:37 pm

She nodded, looking back to the others. She looked about her quickly, nervously, darting back over to the others.

"Dad," she muttered, kneeling down near him. He groaned in pain. "Can you move? We need to get out."

Cage seemed to be better off, and he struggled to his feet, turning to help Iris up. "Dom," he said, turning then to her father. He knelt down in front of him, paused, and struck him hard across the face. Dom started back, then hissed in pain, clutching at his ribs. Cage cringed. "Sorry," he said. "We have to move. Now."

He looked around, confused. "He's gone?" he asked, and Cage nodded. He got to his feet without another moment of hesitation, his breath hissing in painfully. "Come on," he said urgently, starting to stumble towards the door.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 3rd October 2012, 10:13 am

As they neared the door, he stopped and pushed off of Laura on his own to feet and began to turn around. "We can't...leave him to come back so easily..."

He reached deep to reactivate Panterus; it granted him a modicum of strength, enough to stand without being about to fall over. He lifted Díoltas and pointed it at the other side of the room.

A large device stood there and it looked important. The researcher in him wanted to weep, but he knew what needed to be done.

"Be...ready to run..." he said.

Power welled up in the sword and a large stream of power burst from the tip of the blade. It tore into the device and immediately it overloaded.

"Let's go!" he said, turning sharply and trying to limp as fast as he could as an explosion launched them through the door.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 3rd October 2012, 6:09 pm

Iris flinched back, turning and starting to run for the door, dragging Dom behind her. "You couldn't have waited?" she snapped, as they all made it out the door, tearing down the hall fast as they could, Dom and Laura throwing up huge lights to see the way, and so that they might not be caught unawares if he was still here...

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 3rd October 2012, 7:30 pm

"There was no time," he growled back as he hobbled out. "He seems to understand this place in a way that no one of our time should. Who knows what he could come after us with. Laura can attest to that..."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 3rd October 2012, 10:12 pm

Laura cringed at the thought, and nodded. If he knew what he was doing, he could easily find the sorts of weapons that AMI had equipped her with earlier...

Which reminded her; she glanced over at Raziel, quickening her pace until she could see his eyes again. Normal. The beast had faded, and done no harm to any of them during it's stay. Still. Would that last...?

Now wasn't the time to think of that. They raced up the stairs, Laura looking about wildly in case that monster might jump them...

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 3rd October 2012, 10:15 pm

Raziel could feel the power of Panterus weakening the further they went and, subsequently, his body losing the power of self-propulsion. Finally, he could no longer move completely under his own power and crashed against a wall, leaning on it for support.

"Keep going, guys..." he said weakly. "I'm...right behind you..."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 3rd October 2012, 10:17 pm

Laura rolled her eyes. What part about sticking together did the bastard not understand? "Bad plan," she said, turning around as the others kept going and reaching out to throw his arm over her shoulders. "No one goes alone. Come on."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 3rd October 2012, 10:19 pm

Raziel lowered his head shamefully. "Sorry I'm...such a burden..." he said in a low voice.

To be so easily bested. What was going to become of him at this rate?

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 3rd October 2012, 10:21 pm

She raised an eyebrow. "Shut up," she said calmly. "Since when were you the burden?" If anything, she held him back. What had she done during that fight? Hid while he got the shit beaten out of him?

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 3rd October 2012, 10:22 pm

"How many times have you had to nurse me back to health...?" he said ruefully. "How many...uhn...times have you had to drag me to safety...?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 3rd October 2012, 10:24 pm

"Only because you do more," she said, holding up her light higher as they stumbled along. They were almost at the tunnel. The others had already gone on ahead, and she looked back behind her warily. She'd wounded it pretty bad, but if it came back now...

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 3rd October 2012, 10:25 pm

"Do more...?" he said, scoffing. "You do plenty. You always...seem to think you don't, though..."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 3rd October 2012, 10:32 pm

She gave a short laugh under her breath. "I don't," she said. "You do the fighting for me." She pursed her lips, looking back behind them again as they approached the door. Please don't show up...

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 3rd October 2012, 10:55 pm

"There's...more to this than fighting," he said shaking his head. "Don't you...don't you realize that...?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 3rd October 2012, 10:58 pm

She rolled her eyes. "Frankly," she said, slamming the door outside open finally, "fighting is kind of important, dumbass, and we seem to get involved in a lot of it."

Dom and the others jumped as they stepped through, Dom holding up his light to inspect them. When he saw them together, he nodded, reaching down for his ribs again.

"Damn him for taking Jack," he muttered, then started off down the rails.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 3rd October 2012, 11:01 pm

"Yes, and if you hadn't been there to help me heal from my injuries," he pointed out, "would I be there to fight? Just as important, if not more so. What about that prison we found ourselves in? It was you who figured out our escape and found my sword."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 3rd October 2012, 11:07 pm

She sighed. She'd give him the damn prison thing, but...

"The sword was luck," she muttered, as they fell in step behind the others. She didn't need them hearing this. "And too many of those injuries were because of me," she said shortly.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top