Hide and Seek

Page 6 of 44 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hide and Seek

Post by Red on 19th September 2012, 10:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cage nodded. "He got there before me," he said. "He pretended to be Jack..."

Dom closed his eyes for a moment, taking a breath. "We were with each other the entire time. We... fled, while he was busy..." He opened his eyes again, his shame apparent. "I can vouch for these two," he said. "I figured there was nowhere else to go but here..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 4th October 2012, 9:15 pm

He chuckled and immediately regretted it. "What is this...?" he said with a grimacing smile. "A contest for who sucks more...? Heh. I judge you useful. I wouldn't...have made it this far...without your help. So shut it..."

He looked toward the others. "So...what's our next move...?" he asked. "Y'know...aside from getting the fuck outta this place."

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 4th October 2012, 10:11 pm

Laura almost protested until Raz suddenly cut the conversation off. She scowled as Dom looked back for a moment to answer.

"One step at a time," he said, sounding exhausted. He gave a short, angry laugh. "That certainly went well," he said bitterly. "Bastard. If only we had Jack, we could go back in there and finish him now..."

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 4th October 2012, 10:13 pm

Raziel had a moment of cold panic. "Wait," he said. "Jack could heal. Could Jack heal himself...?"

He looked around warily, suddenly concerned. If that was the case, shit might get real really quickly.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 4th October 2012, 10:32 pm

Dom cringed. "Yes," he said, quickening his pace. "Iris, Cage," he said, calling the two over, and they moved to his side. He reached out to them, wrapping his arms around their shoulders, and drew a spell over them, causing them to disappear in the darkness.

Laura followed suit, closing her eyes and focusing. Her spell sprung up instinctively around herself, but Raziel was still exposed, and so she tightened her grip on him, focusing harder to wrap the spell around him as well. "Alright," she said, opening her eyes slowly. "Walk faster?" she said softly.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 4th October 2012, 10:36 pm

He groaned, but did his best to try and accommodate her request. His body hurt everywhere and it only worsened has his body strained against the sudden increased movement. Life lately seemed to be one eternal journey to pain.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 6th October 2012, 4:46 pm

Laura stumbled down the tunnel alongside him, struggling to keep the spell pulled over the both of them. For a moment or two, as she grew more comfortable, Raziel would flicker back into existence until she caught herself and forced the spell back over him again. To be fair to herself, she wasn't exactly used to using the spell on anyone but herself...

"Up. Here," she heard Dom whisper ahead of them, and she looked into the darkness to see the shape of the platform off to the left. The other three rematerialized as they grabbed hold of the ledge, pulling themselves up after Dom, before they all disappeared again, and Laura stopped at the platform, looking over at Raziel. Shit.

"Can you...?"

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 6th October 2012, 4:51 pm

"Heh," he said, "I can try..."

He stood up on his own and stumbled, focused, and lunged forward. His arms were in better condition than his legs, so he managed to get halfway up there and just barely slide his legs over, collapsing on the platform and breathing like he'd just run a marathon. He was as weak as a newborn kitten...

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 6th October 2012, 4:55 pm

Laura pulled herself up after him, then looked up in search of the others. No sign of them...

"Cage," she heard her father say. "Can you...?"

"I can try," he said back, and he appeared near them, stumbling towards Raziel. "Come on, Razi," he said, exhausted. "Laura...?"

Laura nodded at him, and together they managed to hoist Raziel to his feet. "Out of the tunnels," Cage muttered, and Laura nodded, the two of them helping Raziel towards the stairs.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 6th October 2012, 5:00 pm

"I'm...sorry..." he said defeatedly.

He did his best to walk on his own, but lacked the strength. He merely focused on keeping one foot in front of the other.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 6th October 2012, 5:11 pm

"The hell are you apologizing for?" Cage muttered. "I'm sorry. I couldn't even touch him..."

Laura only rolled her eyes at Raz as they made it up the stairs, finally coming out into the city above. Laura was immediately on edge again, and she looked up to see Dom and Iris standing shakily, uncloaked.

Dom took another breath. "Where to now," he asked, lost, defeated, his hand over his ribcage as he winced with every breath he took in.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 6th October 2012, 5:13 pm

"There a place...we can go for rest and healing?" he inquired. "Otherwise I'd say to the mage's town."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 6th October 2012, 5:56 pm

"Mage's town?" Dom asked, confused, then he shook his head. "I have no place. The only place we had isn't exactly an option any more," he said, then grimaced.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 6th October 2012, 5:57 pm

"Then...back where you met with us..." he said. "We'll...set up camp again there and...rest enough till...we can move..."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 8th October 2012, 8:59 pm

Dom nodded, and Laura helped Raziel forward. She was still amazed, honestly. Not a one of them taken. It was a damned miracle.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 8th October 2012, 9:20 pm

By sunset, they made it to the location. All were weary, all were battered in more ways than one. They laid Raziel down and he rested wearily against the tree. He directed them to set the tents up and there was still leftover game for food. They all ate quietly as they all silently licked their wounds.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 8th October 2012, 9:33 pm

Laura, after they ate, crawled her way wearily up the nearest tree and sat in the crook of it, leaning back and watching the area around them warily. She drew her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around her legs as she watched, and gazed off towards the city.

Dom looked up at her for a moment sadly, then made his way slowly towards Raziel, sitting down with a groan next to him. He grimaced, reaching down towards his chest again. He was silent for a moment.

"Laura," he muttered barely, but for some reason Raziel could hear him perfectly clearly while the others could not. "Is she..." He sighed. "Is she always like this, now?"

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 8th October 2012, 9:36 pm

Raziel was still for a moment, then finally nodded. "Oh, yeah..." he said. "Sometimes worse."

He remembered the first time she'd tried to kill him. Ahh, memories...

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 8th October 2012, 9:47 pm

Dom closed his eyes, folding his hands in his lap. For a moment, he looked even older than he already was.

"I..." He cringed. "She wasn't always like this," he said. "I thought I was protecting her..."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 8th October 2012, 9:49 pm

Raziel chuckled lightly. "Oh, no," he said, "I've had a similar argument with her and I'm not gonna take on her father, now. The only thing I'll say is: everything comes at a price."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 8th October 2012, 9:55 pm

He gave a sad smile. "Yes," he said. "I suppose so." He sighed again, looking away uncomfortably for a moment.

Cage, meanwhile, finally stood up from where he sat, walking over towards Laura's tree awkwardly and stopping near the base of it. He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked up.

"You gonna stay up there?" he asked, and she looked down at him for a moment and shrugged.

"Yep."

He ran a hand through his hair awkwardly, before he finally sat down at the base of her tree, leaning back and closing his eyes.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 8th October 2012, 9:57 pm

Raziel was silent for a moment. "There's no sense beating yourself up over it," he said finally. "It's happened. There's no taking it back. The only thing you can do, now, is try to reconnect with her. Maybe you'll better luck than I've had," he added with a chuckle that turned into a grimace. It sucked being someone who liked a good laugh when your entire body was in pain.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 8th October 2012, 10:01 pm

He nodded, and glanced over at where she sat up in her tree. He gave an appreciative grunt. "Or maybe Kieran will," he muttered, looking where Cage sat below her tree awkwardly looking over his wounds.

He gave a small smile. "I think I half suspected, that whole time, that it was him..."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 8th October 2012, 10:03 pm

"I saw them earlier," he said. "It looked like they had a history. She deserves to find some happiness. Too bad she won't let herself..."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 8th October 2012, 10:14 pm

Dom stared ahead, his expression flat, waiting for a moment before he spoke. "Aye," he finally said. "Used to be friends until O'Leary showed up," he said, latching onto that part of what Raziel had said.

Cage looked up into the tree awkwardly, seeing her form high above him. He cleared his throat for a moment. "Laura?" he said hesitantly.

"Yes?"

"If you're not coming down, can I come up?"

She stiffened for a moment. She wasn't... she wasn't sure what to think. Kieran was a friend, but he hadn't been for a long time, and long years of instinct screamed at her to not let him up...

She sighed. "Yes," she said, and Cage stood, looking up at the tree nervously.

"Ah... climbing isn't exactly my style..."

She smirked down at him. "You coming up or not?"

He shot her a glare and rubbed his hands together, trying to figure out how best to approach this. He took a breath, took a few steps back from the tree, and ran at it, starting to run up the trunk and leaping for the lowest branch he could find. His fingers barely wrapped around it, and he slipped, and for a moment he scrabbled desperately at the branch before he found a better grip. "I got it!" he said triumphantly, and Laura almost smiled as he struggled to pull the rest of his body up onto the branch.

He finally sat, straddling the branch and looking up towards her. "I'll... stay here," he said, and Laura's smile widened for a moment. That was fine by her. She hadn't wanted him too close, anyway.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 8th October 2012, 10:43 pm

Raziel watched them for a moment, feeling a sudden pang of sadness as they seemed to be getting along quite well. He shook himself; it was a good thing that she might have someone that could melt that wall of ice.

"Didn't have much of those growing up, myself," he said. "Grew up out here in the Wilds. So...you were a tailor?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 44 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next