Hide and Seek

Page 2 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hide and Seek

Post by Red on 19th September 2012, 10:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cage nodded. "He got there before me," he said. "He pretended to be Jack..."

Dom closed his eyes for a moment, taking a breath. "We were with each other the entire time. We... fled, while he was busy..." He opened his eyes again, his shame apparent. "I can vouch for these two," he said. "I figured there was nowhere else to go but here..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THANKS SO MUCH TO LEAH FOR THE SET!

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 20th September 2012, 5:50 pm

Raziel blinked in surprise, then laughed. "Nice!" he said. "What better way to know their movements. Very clever."

Avi and Sig set made by the awesome Skylar! Thank you so much!

I claim:
Spoiler:
Tamaki Kawazoe and Kirino Chiba from Bamboo Blade
Kana Minami from Minami-Ke!
Aika from Skies of Arcadia ^_^
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 20th September 2012, 5:53 pm

Cage scowled. "Not clever," he snapped bitterly. "Cowardly. I was a coward. I was the perfect little soldier until they found me out."

Iris shrugged. "Dom and I busted him out before his execution," she said.

Claims: Silver, EphPhoenix, Cave Johnson (Portal 2), Nephenee (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Hazama (BlazBlue), Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 20th September 2012, 5:55 pm

Raziel nodded. "Sounds rough, buddy. But it doesn't make you a coward. Cowards don't go busting into places that are heavily guarded to help random lunatics save mages they don't know."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 20th September 2012, 8:54 pm

He smirked. "Who's the random lunatic now?" he asked. "You?" Iris snorted, amused.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 20th September 2012, 9:31 pm

He grinned. "You'll like Zanzibar," he told them. "It's pretty, quiet, food is plentiful. As is the wild game. You can live out your lives peacefully."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 20th September 2012, 10:25 pm

"Sounds dull," Iris commented, as Dom and Laura made their way back into the clearing.

Dom nodded at the others, Laura following behind, still confused, uncertain. She thought she'd be happier to see him - what was she saying, she was happy, but she wasn't sure how to express it...

Especially not now that they were among others. She looked at the other two somewhat suspiciously as Dom turned to Raziel. "We were discussing...?"

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 21st September 2012, 8:10 am

Raziel grinned. "Well," he began, "considering all the shit that keeps happening of late, I think boring would be right up my alley."

Raziel was already to his feet by the time Laura and Dom reached the clearing. He turned to greet them, suppressing a grin when he saw Laura's mistrust.

"Zanzibar," Raziel said in answer to Dom's question. "That's the sanctuary I was telling you about."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 22nd September 2012, 10:50 am

Dom nodded. "Aye. That. Iris, Cage, you may go ahead to this sanctuary if you wish." Dom scowled. "I'm not sure I'll follow. Leaving that monster down there is... irresponsible."

Laura raised her eyebrows. We're sure this is my father and not that stunt double? She thought he was practical.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd September 2012, 1:07 pm

Raziel looked to Laura. "Laura can lead them," he said suddenly. "You're right. That sick fuck shouldn't be allowed to live..."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 22nd September 2012, 1:46 pm

Laura raised her eyebrows at Raziel. What, me lead a pair of strangers?

But before she could respond, Iris cut in. "I ain't going anywhere," she said, standing up slowly. "Now that we know what it is, it can't surprise us anymore."

Cage hesitated, then nodded. "If Dom's headed back, so am I."

Dom seemed ready to protest, but sighed. "I won't change your minds," he said, then looked over at Laura. "You may stay behind," he said, a commanding tone to his voice that Laura wasn't sure she liked.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd September 2012, 2:09 pm

Raziel shrugged. "Then if we're gonna do it, let's do it," he said. "First rule, though, nobody gets out of anyone's sight for an instant. Understand?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 22nd September 2012, 2:19 pm

They all nodded, and Laura looked between them, stunned. What was the point? He wasn't their problem anymore. And they didn't owe the people in that hellhole anything. If anything, they owed them.

She pursed her lips. And that monster... they'd be walking to their deaths. "Can someone explain to me how this is a good idea?" she suddenly snapped, as her father turned to walk away.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd September 2012, 2:24 pm

Raziel looked back. "It's the right thing to do, for one," he said. "For second, unless I'm much mistaken, they've been using the former lab there. Zephonos knew of the labs, and O'Leary knew of me, so what else might he know? He might could use the stuff in that lab to find us. Zanzibar might not be so safe after that. Or are you forgetting what you had access to at Zanzibar...?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 22nd September 2012, 2:39 pm

Laura looked away for a moment.

"Anyway, it doesn't matter," Dom said. "We're going. Laura, you may stay here." He turned to leave, Iris and Cage starting to follow him.

Laura felt almost like she'd been struck. Of course he wouldn't want her coming with. She was fucking useless in a fight, anyways...

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd September 2012, 2:43 pm

Raziel looked back and saw Laura's expression. He sniffed the air and unease, doubt, and a myriad of emotions were in her scent. He came back and hugged her.

"Um..." he began. "The last time I faced this monster, the beast awoke in response. I...figured you wouldn't want to be around for that." He sighed. "Honestly, I don't want them going, either..."

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 22nd September 2012, 3:00 pm

Laura twitched as he hugged her, and forced herself to relax. Dom stopped for a moment, turning to wait for Raziel, and his expression softened before he turned away.

She nodded at his words, taking in deep breaths to try to stay calm. She didn't want either of them to go, she realized, there was no one else she could even begin to trust but Raziel wouldn't be convinced and her father...

She took a breath. "Do you have a spare knife?" she asked him softly.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd September 2012, 3:14 pm

Raziel pulled away and pulled out his boot knife. "That should suffice, I hope?" he said with a smile, turning away. "I'll...see if I can get your father and the others to turn back. Your father especially. I...know how important to you he is."

He didn't want to tell her he was planning on bringing the lab down on his and O'Leary's head. If he couldn't stop him...it'd be the only way.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 22nd September 2012, 3:20 pm

She glared at his back, her eyes sliding past him to her father. Tired of hiding, he said...

He was only trying to keep her safe, she knew that, but it was... painful. Like he didn't trust her anymore. Like none of them trusted her to do anything right.

She tightened her grip on her knife and strode off after Raziel. "You won't convince him," she muttered angrily. "And I won't convince you..."

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd September 2012, 3:26 pm

Raziel's eyes widened as she caught up with him. "Laura?!" he said under his breath, looking panicked. "What are you--no, you--I--the beast, remember...?"

How would he be able to do what needed doing if she was there? He couldn't bury them both...

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 22nd September 2012, 3:32 pm

"As far as I can tell," she said, her voice tight to hide her fear, "the beast fancies me. I'll be fine."

Dom looked over his shoulder as he heard the two of them talking, his gaze hardening as he saw Laura following behind. "Laura," he said shortly. "You're staying behind."

"Fuck you," she snapped, her rage overwhelming her fear for the moment. "Maybe I'm done hiding too, you cocksucking, arrogant - "

Dom stopped and turned to face her. "Laura, you're still injured," he said, and she scowled.

"So is your girlfriend, so what?" she snapped, and Dom recoiled for a moment. She immediately regretted her words, but she pushed on anyway. "This is my decision," she snapped, "alright?"

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 22nd September 2012, 3:48 pm

Raziel looked at her ruefully. "I did mention the stubborn thing, didn't I?" he said with a helpless shrug.

He sighed. He'd have to find a way to keep her safe. Then again, if he started bringing the house down again, hopefully her sense of self-preservation would make her flee.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 23rd September 2012, 12:26 am

Dom shook his head. "Excuse us," he said, his voice tight, and he walked off into the woods a ways. Laura hesitated, finally following him.

Dom turned around to face her as the others were out of sight. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" he hissed.

She crossed her arms and stared him down. "Same thing you're doing," she said.

"Bad idea, Laura."

"Then why the hell are you doing it?" she asked him, and his gaze hardened.

"Because someone's got to do it. He killed those under my protection and I'm already past my prime anyway. If I could convince your friend Raziel - "

"Shut up," she suddenly snapped, her voice catching before she regained control. "You... There's got to be someone else..." She just found him again, she couldn't let him throw his life away now...

His face softened, and he stepped forward, embracing her. "I'll be fine," he said. "I promise." He paused a moment. "You'll wait for me here?" he asked her slyly, and she glared at him.

"Not happening," she said, as he released her, and he looked pained.

"Laura... I just don't want to lose you now..." he said, his voice small, and she shook her head. That's two of us.

"I can take care of myself," she said calmly. "Now can we get going?"

He slumped, and nodded. "Aye," he said. "Let's."

The two of them made their way back to the group, Dom taking the lead again as Iris gave Laura an odd look. Cage, however, avoided her gaze, and she stared at him. There was something vaguely familiar about him...

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd September 2012, 1:05 am

Raziel followed in silence. He worried what he'd do when the time came, but hopefully there was a way he could take the asshat down. If not, they were all walking toward their death.

He looked over at Laura. She picked an odd time to get foolhardy.

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Red on 23rd September 2012, 10:17 am

It began to grow dark as they walked towards the city, and Dom kept the lead in silence. "We should be able to reach the tunnels a few hours before daybreak," he suddenly said. "Iris, will you be okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Sure."

"We can always rest now," he said, looking at her, "go tomorrow night." She shook her head, and he looked back at Raziel and Laura. "You two are fine?" he asked.

Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix on 23rd September 2012, 10:22 am

"We rested while waiting for you," Raziel explained. "Well, I did, anyway." He looked at Laura with a grin. "Sure you can make it? I mean, with your delicate constitution and all, maybe a nice soft pallet would be more to your liking...?"

I claim:
Spoiler:
EphPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 44  Next